Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tbhrc said:
Your welcome Ice.

I read in the german Gala that Anastacia made a little mistake. After her concert she threw a shirt over to Caroline and said "this one is for your daughter Pauline". Well a little confused?

LOL:p :p Ooooops!!

who is anastacia? i havent heard of her before and trust me, i listen music. until someone said she as from north america i really thought she was an foregin performer.
what type of music does she sing? now, i dont listen to country but i doubt with a name like anatasica she would sing country. but i guess its possible.

semisquare said:
who is anastacia? i havent heard of her before and trust me, i listen music. until someone said she as from north america i really thought she was an foregin performer.
what type of music does she sing? now, i dont listen to country but i doubt with a name like anatasica she would sing country. but i guess its possible.

Well I would say it's some kind of Pop-music. She's very popular in Germany.

semisquare said:
She is almost soul music. Won the Best Selling Pop artist at the 2001 World Music Awards. Called Albert 'boobie' then spoke to her lover Shawn saying I love you. I just looked at the tape to get the correct year. I also listen to her. She had her treatments for breast cancer recorded and it was shown on TV. She had gone in for a breast reduction and a mammogram is required how they found it. She was discovered by her dancing and was asked could she sing.

really! soul music,hmmmm and she is a german performer.
thx for the answers and satisfying my curiosity

Last edited:
semisquare said:
really! soul music,hmmmm and she is a german performer.
thx for the answers and satisfying curiosity
She is American from NY.

im a little slow this month so give me a couple of days to read the article.
thx

semisquare said:

Anastacia has been worldwide famous for the last 5 years, about, she's had at least 3 great hits in the last 5 years.

tbhrc said:
Well I would say it's some kind of Pop-music. She's very popular in Germany.

she's very popular in Italy, too, though she's from US, not from Germany- her great hit was- I'm outta love- fantastic !

Attachments

• baroness brandstetter.jpg
    baroness brandstetter.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 221
  • caro et albert.jpg
    caro et albert.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 851
  • in Monte-Carlo.jpg
    in Monte-Carlo.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 533
  • miss europe 2005.jpg
    miss europe 2005.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 232
  • SAS Albert II.jpg
    SAS Albert II.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 201
  • The menu of the 57th Red cross ball.jpg
    The menu of the 57th Red cross ball.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 850
According to Point de Vue at the beginning of the Ball Albert decided to show a video of old images of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier while True Love (the song Grace sang in High Society) played...Apparently both the Princesses were very moved by the video and openly shed some tears!
Don't you think it sweet that Albert and his sisters keep remembering their parents in their official appearances?

Kisses

Last edited:
Grace said:
According to Point de Vue at the beginning of the Ball Albert decided to show a video of old images of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier while True Love (the song Grace sang in High Society) played...Apparently both the Princesses were very moved by the video and openly shed some tears!
Don't you think it sweet that Albert and her sisters keep remembering their parents in their official appearances?

Kisses
Yes, I do.

That was really something very sweet to do :) I wish there were pics taken of the video being played at the Ball.

video played during the RC Ball

Thanks, Grace, for that tidbit! That was indeed a very, very sweet gesture. It speaks volumes on all 3 siblings - they certainly think highly of their parents and also miss both. :)

sebastian said:
My one and only beautiful Steph
She was sexy that night ( she always is) :p

( source: newscom)

BTW, she did dance with Albert. Albert made no sign to the musicians. After dinner he just stood up with all eyes on him then he went around Steph's chair to her right and asked for the dance. Steph was surprised because it was not planed. The musiciains had to improvise....
She is beautiful Sebastian was just looking back at her photo's to see her hair again. I liked it and it makes me want to cut my hair sooner then planned. I must also say again I love her dress.

Grace said:
Don't you think it sweet that Albert and his sisters keep remembering their parents in their official appearances?

Kisses
Did it by chance say who was singing the song?

That of the video was so cute

I don't know who sang "True love", but I guess Grace and Bing Crosby, or maybe Bing Crosby alone...

Kisses

Grace said:
I don't know who sang "True love", but I guess Grace and Bing Crosby, or maybe Bing Crosby alone...

Kisses
It was orginally done by Bing and Grace I have the recording as a copy of the movie and the Swan. I was wondering who they had singing it at the Ball if it was Grace and Bing or someone else since it has been recorded by others. I do thank you for answering Grace.

Yes, I had understood what you meant, I just guessed they played Grace's version during the Ball, but also Frank Sinatra was mentioned in the article, so it might have been Frank's version (knowing Frank was such a good friend of the family it would also make sense...)

Kisses

Grace said:
Yes, I had understood what you meant, I just guessed they played Grace's version during the Ball, but also Frank Sinatra was mentioned in the article, so it might have been Frank's version (knowing Frank was such a good friend of the family it would also make sense...)

Kisses
Yes, they were. The misunderstanding of what you meant was mine in feeling you weren't sure who did it.

Yes, they sometimes recycle their dresses. In a recent french TV report where the personal of the palace were interviewed : gardeners, cookers, bodygards, linen, etc...
a sewer said that she recycle the princesses dresses. She did recently with two dresses of princess Stephanie.

Some more great pics from Abaca

jh50tl.jpg

jh50xs.jpg

Here you can see the back of Caro's dress

jh510j.jpg

jh515c.jpg

jh5175.jpg

jh518l.jpg

jh51dc.jpg

jh51eg.jpg

that is a very pretty dress, dosent anyone wear big puffy gowns? or are they considered out of date?

big puffy gowns are for young women in thier twenties not women in their late forties and caro's dress was goregous. black and whte is so elegant I would wear black and white to a formal gathtering.

I have to say I like the colours of Stephanie's dress better but the cut of Caroline's is more my modest style.

Ann

Back
Top Bottom