Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
semisquare said:
thx for the pic but i have to say that this event was lacking glamour. everyone look to casusual and prince albert should have chosen a black tux w/ a black jacket not white. he looks to pale to wear a white jacket or maybe a go for something less traditional. im not an fan of sunbathing but i think he needed a little bit of sun,imo of course

I thought he looked rather pale, as well! Then again, compared to his sisters, anyone would be pretty pale, so who knows.

Theme

this is my first posting here, just want to say thanks to everyone for the pics and the messages in the monaco forums, anyone knows what the theme was for the ball this year?

The Rose Ball is the ball that usually has a different theme each year. The Red Cross Ball never has a theme as far as I know.

Yes, that's true. Maybe they should think of a theme, though, because the Red Cross Ball seems to be getting more boring every year. Every successive year, the number of stars drops, the quality of the stars drops, and, of course, Caroline keeps on sticking to that dichromatic black-white thing she seems to obsess over. Seriously, we get it, lady, there are dual aspects of your character- you're deep, you're elegant. Now throw away all the black crap and wear some pink or some blue or something that doesn't make you look so damn matronly.

I guess we see things in a completely different ways, as I think Caro looked absolutely perfect this year, elegant, with the hairstyle I prefer on her, she seemed even younger than recently, and I think the dress was absolutely appropriate (and very beautiful). But I know it's all a matter of opinion:)

Kisses

Here is a list of those who have performed at the Red Cross Ball throughout the years.

Source: Monaco's Red Cross http://www.croix-rouge.mc/RedCross/MCCr.nsf/htmlmedia/bienvgb.html

1957: Eddie FISCHER
1958: Sara VAUGHAN, Carmen CAVALLERO
1959: Ella FITZGERALD et Tony MARTIN
1960: NAT KING COLE et Béatrice LILLIE
1961: Sammy DAVIS Jr
1962: Charles TRENET et Rosemary CLOONEY
1963: Sacha DISTEL
1964: Eleanor POWELL
1965: Trini LOPEZ
1966: Carol LAWRENCE
1967: Bobby DARIN
1968: Gilbert BECAUD
1969: Josephine BAKER
1970: Charles AZNAVOUR
1971: Shirley BASSEY
1972: Tony BENNET
1973: Andy WILLIAMS
1974: Joséphine BAKER
1975: Line RENAUD
1976: Engelbert HUMPERDINCK
1977: Enrico MACIAS
1978: Harry BELAFONTE
1979: Gloria GAYNOR
1980: Frank SINATRA
1981: Julio IGLESIAS
1982: Joël GREY
1983: Frank SINATRA et Sammy DAVIS Jr
1984: Elton John et Frank SINATRA
1985: Paul ANKA
1986: Julia MIGENES-JOHNSON
1987: Grace JONES
1988: Gregory HINES
1989: Liza MINELLI et Sammy DAVIS Jr
1990: Tina TURNER
1991: Shirley MAC LAINE
1992: Franck SINATRA
1993: Whitney HOUSTON
1994: Stevie WONDER
1995: Barbara HENDRICKS
1996: Michael BOLTON
1997: Elton JOHN
1998: Show RIVERDANCE

1999: Hunchback Of Notre Dame Musical
2000: Shirley Bassey
2001: The Beach Boys
2002: Rod Stewart
2003: Michael Flatley & Lord Of The Dance
2004: Lionel Richie
2005: Anastacia

Last edited:
kittencrews said:
Ernst's hair is short, I don't think I like it. I like the old look crazy looking hair on Ernst.

Yes, but I think he does look rather nice when he is clean and neat and not
being the center of a little riot!:p

Grace said:
I guess we see things in a completely different ways, as I think Caro looked absolutely perfect this year, elegant, with the hairstyle I prefer on her, she seemed even younger than recently, and I think the dress was absolutely appropriate (and very beautiful). But I know it's all a matter of opinion:)

Kisses

Definitly i agree!!!:D . She looked younger, more thin, elegant
I love her dress!! And i like her black outfits they look so good in her, and remember that Caroline is 47 (or 48?) years old and dark coluors are the best choise. BTW if one day Caro came to the Red Cross Gala with a pink outfit i´ll be disappointed:eek: .
And her hair is great, that hairstyle is my favourite too.

monaco70s said:
Here is a list of those who have performed at the Red Cross Ball throughout the years.

Source: Monaco's Red Cross http://www.croix-rouge.mc/RedCross/MCCr.nsf/htmlmedia/bienvgb.html

1999: ?
2000: ?
2001: The Beach Boys
2002: Rod Stewart
2003: Michael Flatley & Lord Of The Dance
2004: Lionel Richie
2005: Anastacia

Wonder if anyone knows who performed in 1999 and 2000 to complete the list.

I think I know :) In 1999 a short version of the musical "Notre Dame de Paris" was shown and in 2000 Shirley Bassey performed on stage.

Black and white is always so elegant and just simply shows class. Also, Caroline looks great in black and white and she knows it - that's why she wears it so much. I think she was beautiful at the ball. :)

Thanks for the great photos everyone! I was out of town all weekend, and didn't see this until late last night, but I was too tired to respond.

It looks like a great time. I thought that Stephanie especially seemed very relaxed and in my opinion, looked better than she had in ages. And Caroline, as always, looked wonderful. Albert looked very daper in his suit. It seems as if the three of them truly enjoyed themselves. :)

iceflower said:
I think I know :) In 1999 a short version of the musical "Notre Dame de Paris" was shown and in 2000 Shirley Bassey performed on stage.

Thanks Ice, I knew it was Shirley Bassey in 2000 but wasn't sure of it ;)

Grace okay you're right it was the 80s lol

I think caroline looked fab where as stephanie looked old ( sorry to say that)
her hair is far to dark and I wish she would lose the sun tan it isnt doing anything for her just makes her look older she's only in her 40s!!

Thanks for the pix of the Ball. Caroline and Stephanie both looked very beautiful.

stephanie

Where can I find Stephanie's pics when she began to cry, in an event of Sain-Devote in 2001

My one and only beautiful Steph
She was sexy that night ( she always is) :p

( source: newscom)

BTW, she did dance with Albert. Albert made no sign to the musicians. After dinner he just stood up with all eyes on him then he went around Steph's chair to her right and asked for the dance. Steph was surprised because it was not planed. The musiciains had to improvise....

Attachments

• gamma178401.jpg
    gamma178401.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 478
  • showcasepix569442.jpg
    showcasepix569442.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 424
Thanks for the story and Stephanie is sexy love the pics.

You're welcome - and yes she's so sexy.

Here's one more pic: ( how beautiful she is ;):p )

(source: point de vue)

Attachments

• steph05.JPG
    steph05.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 267
Two photos of Albert and Stephanie

(source: point de vue)

Attachments

• stephal05.JPG
    stephal05.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 320
  • stephaniealbert05.JPG
    stephaniealbert05.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 266
I also have two more pics: Caro and Ernst both looked really great!!!

From Bunte

Attachments

• kjkj.jpg
    kjkj.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 370
  • xyz.jpg
    xyz.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 319
Thank you for the pics, sebastian and tbhrc!
I love the cover of PDV and the one of Caroline
talking to Albert - as well as the sweet story
you told us, sebastian :)

Your welcome Ice.

I read in the german Gala that Anastacia made a little mistake. After her concert she threw a shirt over to Caroline and said "this one is for your daughter Pauline". Well a little confused?

tbhrc said:
I read in the german Gala that Anastacia made a little mistake. After her concert she threw a shirt over to Caroline and said "this one is for your daughter Pauline". Well a little confused?

OOOPS :p:D

Great pics everyone! Thanks! And oh well Anastacia got confused, but still a nice gesture from her ;)

Back
Top Bottom