Rainier's Will

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lashinka2002

Serene Highness
City
Toronto
Country
Canada
Just wondering if anyone has any news, thoughts, or comments in regards

to Prince Raniers will.

Compared to Albert and Caroline, Stephanie will be inheriting next to nothing.

Any thoughts on how she may feel about this?
Also does anyone know if the grandchildren were bequethed seperate inheretances?

Although Stephanie will be getting far less than her siblings, she is still inheriting a LOT of money.

Now, I can see where Prince Rainier was going with this. Stephanie's been the wayward daughter for so long; seemingly going through life without any direction. Her antics have caused Prince Rainier much lamentation and sadness. He was probably afraid that should he give her a larger sum, she'd squander it away quickly without much thought. Now, I don't know if Stephanie is a squanderer of money, but you have to admit, her divorces must have cost a pretty penny each. But, who knows? Only Rainier knows his justifications for doing so, and it is his money to distribute as he saw fit.

I have not seen Rainier's will -- where was it published?

Unusual isn't it for his will to be made public before he's even been buried?

Also, why is Stephanie getting a smaller share than her her siblings. At least Caroline. I could understand why Albert might get a larger share of Rainier's estate as he has now succeeded his father as his heir, but shouldn't Caroline and Stephanie get relatively the same amount financially from their father's estate?

I've read that Stephanie is to only receive 1% of his estate.
Although it is still a healthy chunk of money I would that she feels this like a slap in the face. Especilly when her siblings are reportedly inhereting $950 million each. It no doubt hurts her very much.
Punishment maybe, for not conforming to her family's wishes?
Amusing, bring a child into the world and then punish them for not being what you want them to be. Poor Steph she seems to be the only Grimaldi who has enough courage to live life on her own terms. I wish her the best. At he left her something.:eek:

I read about that in Hello articles

Prince Albert and Princess Caroline would receive each by european $950 million each for dad's estates and Princess Stephanie had more less than 950.00 but she got receive by european $17 million.

Sara Boyce

lashinka2002 said:
Although it is still a healthy chunk of money I would that she feels this like a slap in the face. Especilly when her siblings are reportedly inhereting $950 million each. It no doubt hurts her very much.
Amusing, bring a child into the world and then punish them for not being what you want them to be. Poor Steph she seems to be the only Grimaldi who has enough courage to live life on her own terms. I wish her the best. At he left her something.:eek:

Oh dear, if that story is true, its awful. Its not about the money, but P. Stephanie would probably feel like she was not forgiven for her past deeds, right up to the end of her father's life. I agree with you on Stephanie. I've always had a lot of sympathy for her. She seemed to struggle a lot to fit into her role as a princess, a role she was born into, and hence, could not choose not to have it. And to be in the same car crash that killed her mother, and be blamed for it by the media after that.....well......something like that would've traumatised me for life.

I can't believe Rainier would do that :(

lashinka2002 said:

Rumour has it that Prince Rainier made this decision years ago, because he was tired of Stephanie's "antics" and the fact that she really didn't do much to present Monaco and the Grimaldi family in its best light. Prince Rainier decided that she would receive considerably less inheritance than her siblings.

I guess that Prince Rainier was trying to show some "tough love," but when you look at the choices that Stephanie has made and the way that she leads her life, I would think that it would dawn on him that she wouldn't care much about money or material things. I doubt that she cares very much. She is still receiving millions and I think an apartment in New York and a home in Switzerland along with the millions. Yes, much less than her brother and sister.
However, I wish that my Dad would show me that kind of "tough love." ;)

You know, that 'big' amount of money that Caroline and Albert are getting is not all cash ( other important things as well).
Stephanie will get about 20 million Euros + 1 appartment in New York, 1 appartment in Paris, 1 house in the french alps, 1 house in Switzerland, 2 appartments in Monaco ( the one she's currently living in + one more), 1 house in Monaco, 1 yacht, 2 cars

But what about her children? What will they inherit with only 17 million Euros? I too don't think Steph cares, but one has to think off how this will affect the kids. I do hope that Ranier left something to her kids. But Albert adn Caroline are set. Whew!

I can´t belive that Ranier do that. Steph is his dauther too, and she must have mora money. Of course that is not a little, it is a lot, but there is much difference to her silbings.
i am waiting for something "official"

You know, I was just thinking, if it's true that her money will be doled out at $50,000 per month, it sounds like a huge monthly income BUT I would think the upkeep on that many houses, apartments, yacht, would be extremely high. Maybe it's set up so that those expenses are (at least partly) taken care of BESIDES the monthly stipend. Just a thought.

You know, that 'big' amount of money that Caroline and Albert are getting is not all cash ( other important things as well).
Stephanie will get about 20 million Euros + 1 appartment in New York, 1 appartment in Paris, 1 house in the french alps, 1 house in Switzerland, 2 appartments in Monaco ( the one she's currently living in + one more), 1 house in Monaco, 1 yacht, 2 cars

Thanks Michelle, i was posting so i didn´t read it before posting.
Well, if you see the thing in that way, it isn´t a littlr money, it´s a lot.

As a difference to Caroline and Albert you have to see that Stephanie also earned money in 'normal' jobs as well. She made about $10 million with her singing career, about $ 2 million by selling her own perfum, $ 5 million with her company POOL POSITION and she still makes money monthly with her 'REPLAY' businesses in Amsterdam and Barcelona.

Caroline and Albert never earned money through businesses.
So, don't worry about Steph....

Piewi said:
I can´t belive that Ranier do that. Steph is his dauther too, and she must have mora money. Of course that is not a little, it is a lot, but there is much difference to her silbings.
i am waiting for something "official"

Well, I don't really condone what he did, but Albert and Caroline are not getting all of the money in cash. What has been stated here is the net value of their inheritances. They will receive cash, but also property such as jewelry, art, homes, and for Albert (the actual palace and its contents-the Grimaldis own their palace last that I heard), etc.

Isabel said:
Well, I don't really condone what he did, but Albert and Caroline are not getting all of the money in cash. What has been stated here is the net value of their inheritances. They will receive cash, but also property such as jewelry, art, homes, and for Albert (the actual palace and its contents-the Grimaldis own their palace last that I heard), etc.

Exactly...that's important to see....Rainier doesn't 'punish ' Stephanie.

It may not be fair. But I'm not too worried about Steph either. I mean she and her kids will still have a wealthy life style and a good life. She won't be hurting like a normal poor person. Steph will still be well off and well looked after. She has her businesses. Steph will be fine. And I don't really blame Rainier for giving Albert and Caroline more money and assests in the inheritance. Out of the 3 children.

Albert and Caroline have represented Monaco a lot better and in a better light. Plus Albert and Caroline have taken up many charities, duties, and responsibilites for the principality. Not the mention that Albert is the new ruler. The line runs through Albert and Caroline. In the end it was Rainier's money and decision.

Isabel said:

Is this official, about the will I mean? Does anyone know what the net value for Steph's part is?

Is this official, about the will I mean? Does anyone know what the net value for Steph's part is?

I don't know. I have not seen anything official about Rainier's will. I have only read the Hello article talking about Rainier's will. We are all just discussing the issue and situation of which was printed in the article, etc.

Last edited:
Albert and Caroline have represented Monaco a lot better and in a better light. Plus Albert and Caroline have taken up many charities, duties, and responsibilites for the principality. Not the mention that Albert is the new ruler. The line runs through Albert and Caroline. In the end it was Rainier's money and decision.[/QUOTE]

This is not exactly true. Stephanie did and does represent her country in very good way. People shouldn't rely on what image the media presents. Stephanie is underestimated a lot. She always was. It is a shame that this image found it's way through. For Monaco and it's people it is always been quite alright. She has her own way. She always did ...but this way of representing is not worth less...in contrary she has always been giving a lot.

Michelle, I respectfully have to disagree with you mate. I know Steph has done some good for Monaco and don't really have anything against her. I happen to think she is fun. I also know that Albert, Caroline, and Steph have all made mistakes, mishaps, and had numerous scandals.

But I'm saying that out of the 3 that Albert and Caroline have managed to represent Monaco and their father in a much more consistent, better, solid, uplifting, and responsible manner than Steph. I happen to think Albert and Caroline have taken on many more charities, responsibilities, duties, ect. And like I stated the line runs through Albert and Caroline. So I can understand Rainier leaving them both the bulk of the estate and inheritance. If he did, then I don't blame him. It was his decision to do what he wanted with his inheritance.

So I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this manner. But we agree on the issue that Steph will be fine with whatever she gets in the inheritance and from the money she gets from her businesses. Steph and her kids will still be wealthy and just fine. They all will.

edited for bad spelling.

Last edited:
I think that Caroline, Stephanie, and Albert have done good things for Monaco throughout their life's, of course the ones we see more on functions and events are Caroline (she assumed the role of Monaco's First Lady after Princess Grace's death) and Albert (because he was the heir and is now the Reigning Prince), but Stephanie has done a lot in Monaco, she has the AIDS foundation, as well as this center who helps people with Down Syndrome if I'm not mistaken, and she always visits the hospitals and elder homes, besides attending the balls and other events in the Principality.

I don't want to get here in quarrel, but I think in these sad and hard times for the family it's really not relevant discussing what Prince Rainier left to his children (economically speacking) and we should consider the love he gave and left them.

Something I have really disliked these last days from the media is how they focus on irrelevant things such as Stephanie's love life and other things, the firgure and legacy of Rainier is what should be talked about.

Well monaco70, I really hope during these hard times that it will bring the family all together. I agree the focus should be on Rainier and his legacy. But it is next to impossible not to focus on the joys, glamour, and tragedies that have befallen this family through Grace, Steph, Caroline, ect. when discussing his legacy. They are all linked in the end when discussing Monaco's past, present, and future.

In the end the media and others in this forum or on other forums have the right to discuss the bad and good things that are going on in these royal and prominent families. As long as it is done in a fairly respectable manner and abides by the rules on certain forums, etc. Then it's fair game.

And in the media in democracies where free speech reigns then this stuff is to be expected. Curses, wills, and scandals keep the media and others interested in these royal families just as much as their good works and deeds. They both serve the other and are a necessary evil. It's always been this way. It's the stuff of Greek tragedies, etc. So it will all continue for better or worse.

edited for bad spelling.

Last edited:
I agree with you that everyone is entitled to express their own points of view and thoughts freely respectfully.

Peace everyone.

I feel sure that all three of Prince Rainier's children have done their best to represent Monaco well in each of their own ways. Different people have different personalities and ideas about things and also different things going on in their lives that can affect what they are able or willing to do.

the ultimate decision was prince rainer to divide up his belongings. it would have been nice for everyone to have an even share.
i think stephanie's life is different than her sister or brother. they have been given a framework to conduct their lives. albert the heir, caroline the spare & first lady of the country and then theres stephanie. is her role clearly define? does she really know what is expected of her? im not excusing her bad behavior but if she was a man, wouldnt her bad behavior be laugh-off or be put in a bad light?
think about it

This is all speculation. Until there is an official published will (which I doubt), all this talk of how much Albert, Caroline, and Stephanie are inheriting is just that - talk. Even if the will is published, why should we delve into it? Those matters are highly personal.

Of course this is only speculation. Myself and others have stated that nothing official has been made public. We are discussing the Hello article, etc. So we are all just talking and discussing this matter. Nothing wrong with speculation. And nothing wrong with discussing the will. If some want to discuss it then fine. If others don’t, then that is fine as well. But there is no need to police the forum.

The royals, celebrities, ect. all live public lives and are well compensated for it all. Their lively hoods depend on the good will of the public in many cases. Their joys, triumphs, tragedies, sorrows, and good works are all fair game. Everyone has the right to make their opinions heard whether it is good or bad on many issues surrounding these families. We are being respectful. We can discuss the goings on and such that happen in all of these families. It is what this forum is here for.

I think what Michelle wanted to point out is that in all your posts it seemed like you were thinking that Stephanie gets less money and that this might be ok if you look at her lifestyle - and this is wrong. I mean Stephanie's way of beeing and her way of living her life has nothing to do with whatever she would get. Michelle is right f she says that Stephanie has always been underestimated. Her father, the prince, has never underestimated his youngest daughter and we, the Monegasques don't underestimate her neither.
I've always been wondering how the media managed to make up such an image of Stephanie - as if she was worth far less than her brother and sister. In all that talking this it what comes through: She has no role, she is an outsider, her children are outsiders, they're not as accepted as Carolines' - that's obviously what a lot of people are made believe by providing that image. Well, I would say Stephanie herself has some fault in this herself by chosing the type of men she coses, by sitting on the public teracces of a soccer stadium instead of in the princely loges, by not having her children at her side at Monaco National Day etc. -
But all of this just means that she chose to do so. It was not her father, or sister who punished and excluded her somehow.
And that again is and always was Stephanie's role here in Monaco, she is our 'Peoples' Princess'. She has never been excluded, never, ever - not by Caroline nor by her father - She is a full part of this family - part of our country - we couldn't even image not having her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom