The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Michelle, I respectfully have to disagree with you mate. I know Steph has done some good for Monaco and don't really have anything against her. I happen to think she is fun. I also know that Albert, Caroline, and Steph have all made mistakes, mishaps, and had numerous scandals.

But I'm saying that out of the 3 that Albert and Caroline have managed to represent Monaco and their father in a much more consistent, better, solid, uplifting, and responsible manner than Steph. I happen to think Albert and Caroline have taken on many more charities, responsibilities, duties, ect. And like I stated the line runs through Albert and Caroline. So I can understand Rainier leaving them both the bulk of the estate and inheritance. If he did, then I don't blame him. It was his decision to do what he wanted with his inheritance.

So I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this manner. But we agree on the issue that Steph will be fine with whatever she gets in the inheritance and from the money she gets from her businesses. Steph and her kids will still be wealthy and just fine. They all will.

edited for bad spelling.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Caroline, Stephanie, and Albert have done good things for Monaco throughout their life's, of course the ones we see more on functions and events are Caroline (she assumed the role of Monaco's First Lady after Princess Grace's death) and Albert (because he was the heir and is now the Reigning Prince), but Stephanie has done a lot in Monaco, she has the AIDS foundation, as well as this center who helps people with Down Syndrome if I'm not mistaken, and she always visits the hospitals and elder homes, besides attending the balls and other events in the Principality.

I don't want to get here in quarrel, but I think in these sad and hard times for the family it's really not relevant discussing what Prince Rainier left to his children (economically speacking) and we should consider the love he gave and left them.

Something I have really disliked these last days from the media is how they focus on irrelevant things such as Stephanie's love life and other things, the firgure and legacy of Rainier is what should be talked about.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

Well monaco70, I really hope during these hard times that it will bring the family all together. I agree the focus should be on Rainier and his legacy. But it is next to impossible not to focus on the joys, glamour, and tragedies that have befallen this family through Grace, Steph, Caroline, ect. when discussing his legacy. They are all linked in the end when discussing Monaco's past, present, and future.

In the end the media and others in this forum or on other forums have the right to discuss the bad and good things that are going on in these royal and prominent families. As long as it is done in a fairly respectable manner and abides by the rules on certain forums, etc. Then it's fair game.

And in the media in democracies where free speech reigns then this stuff is to be expected. Curses, wills, and scandals keep the media and others interested in these royal families just as much as their good works and deeds. They both serve the other and are a necessary evil. It's always been this way. It's the stuff of Greek tragedies, etc. So it will all continue for better or worse.

edited for bad spelling.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you that everyone is entitled to express their own points of view and thoughts freely respectfully.

Peace everyone.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

peace mate... Nice talking to you. :)
Old 04-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

I feel sure that all three of Prince Rainier's children have done their best to represent Monaco well in each of their own ways. Different people have different personalities and ideas about things and also different things going on in their lives that can affect what they are able or willing to do.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

the ultimate decision was prince rainer to divide up his belongings. it would have been nice for everyone to have an even share.
i think stephanie's life is different than her sister or brother. they have been given a framework to conduct their lives. albert the heir, caroline the spare & first lady of the country and then theres stephanie. is her role clearly define? does she really know what is expected of her? im not excusing her bad behavior but if she was a man, wouldnt her bad behavior be laugh-off or be put in a bad light?
think about it
Old 04-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Nobility

This is all speculation. Until there is an official published will (which I doubt), all this talk of how much Albert, Caroline, and Stephanie are inheriting is just that - talk. Even if the will is published, why should we delve into it? Those matters are highly personal.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Of course this is only speculation. Myself and others have stated that nothing official has been made public. We are discussing the Hello article, etc. So we are all just talking and discussing this matter. Nothing wrong with speculation. And nothing wrong with discussing the will. If some want to discuss it then fine. If others don’t, then that is fine as well. But there is no need to police the forum.

The royals, celebrities, ect. all live public lives and are well compensated for it all. Their lively hoods depend on the good will of the public in many cases. Their joys, triumphs, tragedies, sorrows, and good works are all fair game. Everyone has the right to make their opinions heard whether it is good or bad on many issues surrounding these families. We are being respectful. We can discuss the goings on and such that happen in all of these families. It is what this forum is here for.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Aristocracy

I think what Michelle wanted to point out is that in all your posts it seemed like you were thinking that Stephanie gets less money and that this might be ok if you look at her lifestyle - and this is wrong. I mean Stephanie's way of beeing and her way of living her life has nothing to do with whatever she would get. Michelle is right f she says that Stephanie has always been underestimated. Her father, the prince, has never underestimated his youngest daughter and we, the Monegasques don't underestimate her neither.
I've always been wondering how the media managed to make up such an image of Stephanie - as if she was worth far less than her brother and sister. In all that talking this it what comes through: She has no role, she is an outsider, her children are outsiders, they're not as accepted as Carolines' - that's obviously what a lot of people are made believe by providing that image. Well, I would say Stephanie herself has some fault in this herself by chosing the type of men she coses, by sitting on the public teracces of a soccer stadium instead of in the princely loges, by not having her children at her side at Monaco National Day etc. -
But all of this just means that she chose to do so. It was not her father, or sister who punished and excluded her somehow.
And that again is and always was Stephanie's role here in Monaco, she is our 'Peoples' Princess'. She has never been excluded, never, ever - not by Caroline nor by her father - She is a full part of this family - part of our country - we couldn't even image not having her.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think what Michelle wanted to point out is that in all your posts it seemed like you were thinking that Stephanie gets less money and that this might be ok if you look at her lifestyle - and this is wrong. I mean Stephanie's way of beeing and her way of living her life has nothing to do with whatever she would get. Michelle is right f she says that Stephanie has always been underestimated. Her father, the prince, has never underestimated his youngest daughter and we, the Monegasques don't underestimate her neither.
I've always been wondering how the media managed to make up such an image of Stephanie - as if she was worth far less than her brother and sister. In all that talking this it what comes through: She has no role, she is an outsider, her children are outsiders, they're not as accepted as Carolines' - that's obviously what a lot of people are made believe by providing that image. Well, I would say Stephanie herself has some fault in this herself by chosing the type of men she coses, by sitting on the public teracces of a soccer stadium instead of in the princely loges, by not having her children at her side at Monaco National Day etc. -
But all of this just means that she chose to do so. It was not her father, or sister who punished and excluded her somehow.
And that again is and always was Stephanie's role here in Monaco, she is our 'Peoples' Princess'. She has never been excluded, never, ever - not by Caroline nor by her father - She is a full part of this family - part of our country - we couldn't even image not having her.
I'm glad to know there is so much love for Steph in Monaco!

But as for the will (if what has been discussed here is true), I can't think of any other reason why Rainier would choose to give her so much less than her siblings, other than to punish her.

Stephanie definitely seems to need a less lavish lifestyle than Caroline, but Caroline's kids will be inheriting a sizeable chunk from the Casiraghi side, won't they? What about Steph's kids?
Old 04-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Who leaked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyonthewall
What about Steph's kids?
Chances are that when they were born sizeable trust funds were set up for Stephanie's children. This seems to be the way things are done for the issue of the super-rich. Often they don't get access to the capital until they turn 25.

As to Prince Rainier's will, there have been stories going round for years that Stephanie would only receive a small share. This may well be true, but in reality what family, let alone a Princely Family, makes public the provisions of a will years before a person has died?

Up until Rainier's death probably the only people who knew for sure the contents of his will would have been the Prince himself and his immediate legal advisors, and I think it unlikely any of them would have leaked the details to the press.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

I think there might be another reason Rainier left the larger shares in case Albert does have a family or when it's Andrea's turn after his mother . If Steph's
kids have trust funds that mighty generous thing for a grandfather to do but all 3 children have living fathers maybe Rainier wanted the dads to pony up their share and have the kids get paying jobs when they grow up ??
Wittykitty
Old 04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

wittkitty, that could be possible.

I think Albert may get a large bulk of the inheritance because of him being the heir and with him being responsible for the principalities future. I think Caroline may get as much as Albert because the line will run through her if Albert never has any children. So the future of Moncao could rest on Caroline and her children's shoulders.

Plus Caroline has been the First Lady of Monaco since Grace tragically died and has taken on numerous responsibilities, duties, etc. Rainier may have left Steph a smaller sum, but he also may have left her children more in their inheritance. I also don't see Albert not helping out Steph with finances if she should need help in the future. Regardless they will all still be swimming in money and live lifestyles that myself and others can only dream about. Steph will more than survive that's for certain.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Rolling in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
I think Albert may get a large bulk of the inheritance because of him being the heir and with him being responsible for the principalities future. I think Caroline may get as much as Albert because the line will run through her if Albert never has any children.
And if Price Albert doesn't marry, or doesn't produce an heir, and the succession passes to Caroline and her children, then most likely Albert would leave the bulk of his estate to Caroline.

In which case she will be rolling in it!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Gentry

Hi all;

I think that if the info that we have all read so far turns out to be true, it's because Prince Rainier knows his children better than anyone in the world does. For Stephanie to be left a smaller share of the wealth would make sense....if she has shown herself to be a bit shy of financial management skills (and I do recall reading about just that in the past) he would give her a lump sum, and provide for her in other ways as time goes on, by instructing Albert and Caroline to take care of whatever she might need in the future. Providing Stephanie with a vast sum of cash would be disasterous with the men she attracts.

Prince Albert has, if you will, a built-in source of income. The Principality will provide for him, so I think that part of his inheritance has been secretly ear-marked for Stephanie. Ditto for Caroline. Both will spend some time and cash taking care of their younger, fiesty, and free-spirited sibling.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkycat
Hi all;

I think that if the info that we have all read so far turns out to be true, it's because Prince Rainier knows his children better than anyone in the world does. For Stephanie to be left a smaller share of the wealth would make sense....if she has shown herself to be a bit shy of financial management skills (and I do recall reading about just that in the past) he would give her a lump sum, and provide for her in other ways as time goes on, by instructing Albert and Caroline to take care of whatever she might need in the future. Providing Stephanie with a vast sum of cash would be disasterous with the men she attracts.

Prince Albert has, if you will, a built-in source of income. The Principality will provide for him, so I think that part of his inheritance has been secretly ear-marked for Stephanie. Ditto for Caroline. Both will spend some time and cash taking care of their younger, fiesty, and free-spirited sibling.
I think this idea probably makes the most sense of all. But let's face it people it's not like Stephanie's being forgotten and left for the hounds....even 1% of what that family has is a sizeable chunk of money.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
But let's face it people it's not like Stephanie's being forgotten and left for the hounds....even 1% of what that family has is a sizeable chunk of money.
LOL...my thoughts exactly mate and what I have been saying as well.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Just a reminder: I think we should all take what the press say about Rainier's Will with a grain of salt. They don't know all of the details and generally write articles which are geared towards sensationalism.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Nobility

I fully agree with Julia, let's not talk about things we aren't really aware of. I think that this will will not be made public anyway and that the press is only raising speculations. I think that Rainier was really close to his three children and that he wouldn't have punished or disinherit one of them. This is really private matters and I think that only the persons involved and their lawyers know about it.