Princess Grace Awards 2006,2007,2009 - 2019, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are some pictures from the gallery, posted by Radker18. They give a fairly good idea what the dresses look like:

Caroline: front view of the dress ; back view of the dress ;
Charlene ; front view of the dress ; back view of the dress ; side view of the dress ; hairstyle ;
Tatiana and Andrea - picture

Caroline looks stunning, and so does Charlene.
I do like both outfits: saphire blue is Caroline's colour, she looks amazing. Charlene looks very beautiful and elegant in that creme/white dress, she has some 'softiness' about her these days, that really flatters her. And her hairstyle is very elegant.
Sorry this is not stunning.......... it has no aesthetic endurance against time.... it is alright.... let us not get carried away........... by hyperbole.. in any direction of the compass.......

What is this dress...a prom dress, a beauty pagent dress, a barbie dress. It is just too much...bustiere in the front with crisscross lacing, sheer in the back, folds/slits on the lower part of the dress, shiny material plus sequences and a shawl/cape on top of everything...Could she find something more to put on....maybe cowboy hat?:rolleyes:
Totally right!
Your description of Charlene's dress is so true and so funny!
Good job Royal Paper!:flowers:

Some insight on the six gowns that are currently being displayed in the windows of Saks Fifth Avenue and were created by some of the top designers (Carolina Herrera, Zac Posen, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Ralph Rucci and Vera Wang) -- each being paired with a specific look to be reinterpreted in a modern way.

Here are very nice photos posted by aloha_pineapple on flickr. So worth seeing!:flowers:

Link

Gown Created by Ralph Lauren; inspired by Grace Kelly as seen in To Catch A Thief.

Gown created by Carolina Herrera; inspired by Grace Kelly as seen in Rear Window

Gown created by Oscar de la Renta; inspired by Grace Kelly as seen in High Society.
(Just love it!!)

Caroline looked stunning! That shade of blue is so vibrant! Charlene could learn a thing or two from Caroline.

Can anyone post a picture of the backside of both Carolines & Charlene's dresses? For some reason, when I click the above link for the pic, I get redirected to another part of the forums.
As for the front side: I like the way Caroline looks (finally) Her hair is just right. (for once) She looks much better when her hair is combed. not when she greases it all back or whatever. She looks very soft (her face) and very feminine. This is definately her color. (much better than black)

As for Charlene: Much improved, but still not there. The dress is to busy with everything that it has going on. A simpler version of the same dress, in a real color would be nice on her.
She has a great figure, and wonderful sculpeted shoulders and arms. And the styles she picks do not always flatter that. More often than not, they make it look like she can slice bread with her collar bones.

Can anyone post a picture of the backside of both Carolines & Charlene's dresses? For some reason, when I click the above link for the pic, I get redirected to another part of the forums.
As for the front side: I like the way Caroline looks (finally) Her hair is just right. (for once) She looks much better when her hair is combed. not when she greases it all back or whatever. She looks very soft (her face) and very feminine. This is definately her color. (much better than black)

As for Charlene: Much improved, but still not there. The dress is to busy with everything that it has going on. A simpler version of the same dress, in a real color would be nice on her.
She has a great figure, and wonderful sculpeted shoulders and arms. And the styles she picks do not always flatter that. More often than not, they make it look like she can slice bread with her collar bones.

Here's photo you asked for, sesa..;)

Pic

where is the waist?

Sorry Charlene has an androgynous figure and not very feminine at all.Her arms are heavy like those of a Turkish wrestler and she has no waist. With her hair pulled back like that her beautiful face looks like it has a receding chin if not softened up.She is especially tall and Matisse would not have painted her as his subject because of that. She should take pains to bring her body into proportion. Her figure is not great because of the asymmetrical proportions JMO and her taste in clothes for the time being is at the level of the torch singer specialty.The dresses both black and white were straight form fitting and therefore the tresses so severly pulled back could have been down and full so the rule goes. The white scarf needed to be hand finished at the ends of the chiffon in white by either delicate silk fringes or some form of finish or trim.. Cw has to train her eyes for details..............
Caro looks age appropriate .She has the sophistication to have played around with colour.She could wear a potato sack and still look great.

Here's photo you asked for, sesa..;)

Pic

thank you Ianna. I do like her dress. (I have a thing for dresses that make a statment going as well as coming.)
I actually prefer these on Caroline. When she wears busy, glitter dresses it competes with her natural beauty.
Simple, elegant dresses let her beauty shine thru and gives her the air of serene gracefulness. She just seems to float and shine.

Her arms are heavy like those of a Turkish wrestler and she has no waist.
Hmmm...could you possible post a picture of one so that I may make a comparison?:ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO:

p.s.: I did say she improved, but she just was not there just yet! She still needs ALOT of work. (to me at least!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Caroline is very elegant as usual. Charlene should´t use that kind of dress!! she doesn´t have a good body for that. Well, with those shoulders i don´t know what could possible fit her.

^ As a girl with wide shoulders, also from swimming, I can contest to why Chalrene often goes for the off-the-shoulder or strapless ensembles. Dresses really don't fit around wide shoulders. It's a hassle putting on a nice dress only to find out that it won't go around the shoulders correctly.

Though, I can't speak for her on that dress (and what a tacky dress it is), If she wanted to wear cream/white (she should really give jewel tones a chance), she could have easily found an off the shoulder flowy number with a sash to accencuate her waist.

Last edited:
^ As a girl with wide shoulders, also from swimming, I can contest to why Chalrene often goes for the off-the-shoulder or strapless ensembles. Dresses really don't fit around wide shoulders. It's a hassle putting on a nice dress only to find out that it won't go around the shoulders correctly.

Though, I can't speak for her on that dress (and what a tacky dress it is), If she wanted to wear cream/white (she should really give jewel tones a chance), she could have easily found an off the shoulder flowy number with a sash to accencuate her waist.
hi oxygen,
The idea of accentuating the waist with a cummerbund or sash is lovely.But just where is CW's waist pray do tell me?As for gowns not fitting around the shoulders - yes - but one can have these things custom made to fit. I am not as concerned with CW about colours although they are an issue as I am about the texture of the fabrics used in presentation which are flat and unbecoming.Frankly I am tired of seeing all and sundry not being able to wear a long sleeved evening gown with beautiful sleeves.

Charlene has broad, athletic shoulders. She got them from swimming. She's built like an athlete. And why not celebrate it?

I think that as much as she is far from having a feminine figure, she is not offensively muscular. Her arms are toned and not bulky nor masculine.

Her fashion sense will somehow, hopefully, mature as she gets more comfortable with these formal events (and that is if Prince Albert intends to "commit" to her long-term in whatever capacity). What she has going for her in my opinion is her bearing. She may not have the most beautiful face, but with that height and blondeness, she will somehow stand out in photos.

Sorry this is not stunning.......... it has no aesthetic endurance against time.... it is alright.... let us not get carried away........... by hyperbole.. in any direction of the compass.......

With all respect to your opinion, I still find Charlene, and her fress, to be most elegant and pretty.
As for standing the test of time... Well, time will tell. For me, the dress looked liked one of those elegant timeless pieces, especially combined with the hairstyle.

I agree, there are some women who can take the simplest most basic items from everyday and add their own special pizzazz and then WOW! I think Caroline can do this, and Charlotte too -- Charlene does not have that quality, imo.

She reminds me of an ice box cake that would have been made in the suburbs somewhere during the 1950's. Not original at all - just add water to the powdered mix and pouf! - it's quick and easy, totally manufactured and tastes like plastic.

Her make-up even matched her dress and made her look even more plastic blah blah mono-tone, imo.

I think CW looks like she was dunked in a can of cheap vanilla frosting and climbed out just in time so that she could stand on top of a cake or something.

JMO

Sadly, I must agree. I think the dress was very gauche. Just not flattering. And Charlene is trying. But WHY can't they employ someone to help her? So the poor girl doesn't make a fool of herself internationally? It just looked very cheap. :ermm:

Her hari was nice, though.

Why doesn't Steph ever come to these events? Whatever sibling rivalry there may be (?) this is about their mother. I don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't Steph ever come to these events? Whatever sibling rivalry there may be (?) this is about their mother. I don't understand.

It should be about their Mother but Albert has managed to make it about him and his girlfriend who is all to happy to get photographed at every possibly opportunity. She has dethroned Grace by turning Monaco into Graceland (sorry all you Elvis fans but you know what I mean) and detracting what should have been a celebration of a beautiful, talented and not to say the least style icon. To which we were subjected to a vegas act. How sad for Monaco.

caroline looks perfect, the dress is exactly the color of her eyes. elegant and beautiful, just beautiful.
perhaps my low opinion of charlene is clouding my eyes because i don't see anything attractive about her or the outfit. the dress looks cheap, like she bought it at one of those discount bridal shops, all glossy,shiney materials with tacky sequins glued on. just another example of her signature tube top.

It is really sad that Stephanie wasn't there as well, that's an
opinion I also share. There was that TV event that Caroline
missed and now they've been to New York without Stephanie,
how great and respectful gesture for their mother would it
have been if there had been at least one single event for their
mother that they attended altogether - I really like Charlene
but it was not a day for her appearance I think.

Nevertheless the ladies looked great :)

I do not know but when looking at this picyure the first thing that comes to my mind is a song:

I'm a Brbie doll in the Barbie world...:D

Tosca - hahahahahahahaha!!!!!:lol:

I thought Princess Caroline looked stunning, like a real, elegant Princess. I do think that Charlene is an attractive woman, however... on this occasion she looked like a Disney Princess, like something a 6 year-old would aspire to. But, I think we must face facts, Prince Albert seems to be a Disney kind of man!

Centre de Presse

very telling moment about 1/2 way in this video when caroline sees charlene, puts to doubt any thought of them being "friendly"

Centre de Presse

very telling moment about 1/2 way in this video when caroline sees charlene, puts to doubt any thought of them being "friendly"
Thank you bbb. I watched it several times just be sure of what I was seeing and it looked to me that Caroline not only ignored her but acted as if she didn't exist. Anyone else get that feeling?

Yes !!!

i have the same feeling !
i guess Caro knows her brother ... why doesn't he affirm his relationship ?
i wouldn't like to be charlene with this no status...girlfriend ? fiancee? or what ? just another girl ?

Thank you bbb. I watched it several times just be sure of what I was seeing and it looked to me that Caroline not only ignored her but acted as if she didn't exist. Anyone else get that feeling?
Me too hibou.. I watched it again and again and it looked like caro did not want to be caught being photographed with anyone on that side of the podium... But we do not assume to speak for her or assume anything extreme....... .... But if I was CW honestly speaking, Caro did this at the Grand Prix[snubbed Cw ]and Steph is missing as usual..... and now this I would re-evaluate my position and I would ask myself just how much I love Pa because if that was I, I would have made the mark of Zorro on the Grimaldis a long time ago as marriage is between two families.......and that will be a lifetime to contend with. issues.........but that is JMO......Nonetheless I wish them all the best and God bless

Last edited:
caroline looks perfect, the dress is exactly the color of her eyes. elegant and beautiful, just beautiful.
perhaps my low opinion of charlene is clouding my eyes because i don't see anything attractive about her or the outfit. the dress looks cheap, like she bought it at one of those discount bridal shops, all glossy,shiney materials with tacky sequins glued on. just another example of her signature tube top.
have to agree with you bbb..... well articulated.....

It should be about their Mother but Albert has managed to make it about him and his girlfriend who is all to happy to get photographed at every possibly opportunity. She has dethroned Grace by turning Monaco into Graceland (sorry all you Elvis fans but you know what I mean) and detracting what should have been a celebration of a beautiful, talented and not to say the least style icon. To which we were subjected to a vegas act. How sad for Monaco.
Now that I think of it Cw should have stayed away from the this event not to detract from Grace's memory and speculation about their forthcoming marriage... it is to happen anyway so why tag along and not work onthe trousseau?

where are pierre and charlotte? it would be nice to see more pics of them at events like this!

Centre de Presse

This was posted on another message board. RTL Exclusiv online sehen - Das Star-Magazin als Video bei RTLnow.de

It's the same video clip. Caroline greets Charlene with the double kiss, Charlene greets Ernst the same way with Charlene touching Ernst's upper arm, and then later on, a shot of Albert with his hand on Charlene's tush.

Charlene or who ever is advising her on her hairstyle and wardrobe needs to stop trying to make her into a Princess Grace wannabe! It just isn't working for her, she can not carry off the style and grace that Princess Grace had. She needs to find her own style in clothes and hairstyles and stop trying so hard to be another Grace Kelly!

Back
Top Bottom