The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Dancer wins Princess Grace Award

article about the dancer that just received the PRincess Grace award. Very deserving and talented young man.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Centre de Presse

very telling moment about 1/2 way in this video when caroline sees charlene, puts to doubt any thought of them being "friendly"

Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Centre de Presse

very telling moment about 1/2 way in this video when caroline sees charlene, puts to doubt any thought of them being "friendly"
Thank you bbb. I watched it several times just be sure of what I was seeing and it looked to me that Caroline not only ignored her but acted as if she didn't exist. Anyone else get that feeling?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Gentry

Yes !!!

i have the same feeling !
i guess Caro knows her brother ... why doesn't he affirm his relationship ?
i wouldn't like to be charlene with this no status...girlfriend ? fiancee? or what ? just another girl ?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Thank you bbb. I watched it several times just be sure of what I was seeing and it looked to me that Caroline not only ignored her but acted as if she didn't exist. Anyone else get that feeling?
Me too hibou.. I watched it again and again and it looked like caro did not want to be caught being photographed with anyone on that side of the podium... But we do not assume to speak for her or assume anything extreme....... .... But if I was CW honestly speaking, Caro did this at the Grand Prix[snubbed Cw ]and Steph is missing as usual..... and now this I would re-evaluate my position and I would ask myself just how much I love Pa because if that was I, I would have made the mark of Zorro on the Grimaldis a long time ago as marriage is between two families.......and that will be a lifetime to contend with. issues.........but that is JMO......Nonetheless I wish them all the best and God bless
Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
caroline looks perfect, the dress is exactly the color of her eyes. elegant and beautiful, just beautiful.
perhaps my low opinion of charlene is clouding my eyes because i don't see anything attractive about her or the outfit. the dress looks cheap, like she bought it at one of those discount bridal shops, all glossy,shiney materials with tacky sequins glued on. just another example of her signature tube top.
have to agree with you bbb..... well articulated.....
Old 10-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It should be about their Mother but Albert has managed to make it about him and his girlfriend who is all to happy to get photographed at every possibly opportunity. She has dethroned Grace by turning Monaco into Graceland (sorry all you Elvis fans but you know what I mean) and detracting what should have been a celebration of a beautiful, talented and not to say the least style icon. To which we were subjected to a vegas act. How sad for Monaco.
Now that I think of it Cw should have stayed away from the this event not to detract from Grace's memory and speculation about their forthcoming marriage... it is to happen anyway so why tag along and not work onthe trousseau?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Nobility

where are pierre and charlotte? it would be nice to see more pics of them at events like this!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Centre de Presse

This was posted on another message board. RTL Exclusiv online sehen - Das Star-Magazin als Video bei RTLnow.de

It's the same video clip. Caroline greets Charlene with the double kiss, Charlene greets Ernst the same way with Charlene touching Ernst's upper arm, and then later on, a shot of Albert with his hand on Charlene's tush.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene or who ever is advising her on her hairstyle and wardrobe needs to stop trying to make her into a Princess Grace wannabe! It just isn't working for her, she can not carry off the style and grace that Princess Grace had. She needs to find her own style in clothes and hairstyles and stop trying so hard to be another Grace Kelly!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
This was posted on another message board. RTL Exclusiv online sehen - Das Star-Magazin als Video bei RTLnow.de

It's the same video clip. Caroline greets Charlene with the double kiss, Charlene greets Ernst the same way with Charlene touching Ernst's upper arm, and then later on, a shot of Albert with his hand on Charlene's tush.
I honestly don't think he realizes he's doing it because its not the first time or first woman.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I honestly don't think he realizes he's doing it because its not the first time or first woman.

I agree. It didn't look like he was really trying to do that on purpose, imo.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
I agree. It didn't look like he was really trying to do that on purpose, imo.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.
Good to hear it we all need that once in a while. Besides he won't know if the female doesn't tell him remove your hand or move it up its her fault as to how it looks in public.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Royal Highness

I will not give the benefit of the doubt this time or next.
The lady whose bottom he is pinching is in full capacity to throttle him nicely by turning around and pinching his bottom in full public view and making him feel this sexist gesture is highly inappropriate except in the boudoir or on candid honeymoon shots.
Why is it that we never saw Prince Rainier pinch anyone's bottom pray tell?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Nobility

^ Pinching? There wasn't any pinching, only a carress. You're making Albert out to be this completely sexist pig that just reached out and grabbed a handful Charlene's butt with a lecherous grin on his face. Good lord, he had the most vacant look on his face and she didn't seem to care in the slightest (did she even register it?). While it's horrible that it was caught on camera, it's not that big of a deal.

We'll, we did see Rainier and Grace kissing in pictures, but they weren't meant to be shown. They didn't know they were being watched. It looks as if Albert wasn't even paying attention and a cameramen happened into an incredibly lucky shot.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Nobility

Actually, I posted the link to perhaps show that Caroline did not give Charlene the cold shoulder as it seemingly appears when they all took the group picture. What I meant to point out was that the first video shows Caroline seemingly attempting to distant herself from CW; the second video shows that Caroline greeted CW. That's all.

I apologize for whatever confusion my posting of the video caused.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

It doesn't matter whether it was pinching or patting or caressing. It's crass and totally inappropriate for someone in his position. He is a head of state. It has been reported that this is not the first girl he has done this too. Someone in Albert's position knows full well what they are doing he just didn't think that he'd get caught and now he has. I hope he's learned his lesson and leaves these "caresses" to private moments.

Also to the poster who commented on private moments I should add, there is a big difference between being in public and doing it and having a razzi photograph you in a private moment. If the latter were the case, he would be excused and the razzi should be the one at the receiving end of the comments. For someone in the public eye, once they step out of the confines of their private home, they are in the public domain and a certain decorum is expected of a head of state. JMO
Old 11-03-2007, 02:56 PM

Caroline's dress ir marvellous, Charlene's dress-not (for me at least). Caroline's taste and elegance is superb, Charlene must learn a lot yet
Old 11-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether it was pinching or patting or caressing. It's crass and totally inappropriate for someone in his position. He is a head of state. It has been reported that this is not the first girl he has done this too. Someone in Albert's position knows full well what they are doing he just didn't think that he'd get caught and now he has. I hope he's learned his lesson and leaves these "caresses" to private moments.

Also to the poster who commented on private moments I should add, there is a big difference between being in public and doing it and having a razzi photograph you in a private moment. If the latter were the case, he would be excused and the razzi should be the one at the receiving end of the comments. For someone in the public eye, once they step out of the confines of their private home, they are in the public domain and a certain decorum is expected of a head of state. JMO
It isn't the first time....

"
Princely hands on the buttocks of Kylie Minogue
Difficult to remain insensitive with the figure of Kylie Minogue. Even prince Albert of Monaco could not resist emulously of him "to touch" the buttocks. The interview proceeded in margin of World Music Awards this weekend in Monaco. The prince, who charmed to meet the Australian singer tenderly intertwined, letting his two hands trott on the part more charnue of the small blonde. "I was embarrassed a little by the situation, especially which it continued to speak to me as if nothing had occurred" Kylie with a journalist of Sun declared. A true pro this Albert! 08/03/2002
"
Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Talk about decorum with these two, if it had been a papprazzi shot we may have seen Albert as the one with the receiving (back) end rather than Charlene...