Princess Grace Awards 2006,2007,2009 - 2019, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is an announce on Monaco channel that the Princess Grace Awards gala will take place in september at Monaco, the announce says that it was a strong wish of Princess Charlene, it will be at the palace

Princess Grace Foundation-USA to present Robert Redford and Sibylle Szaggars Redford with Prince Rainier III Award and Cary Fukunaga with Princess G... / News & Photos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

How absolutely wonderful and lovely of Charlene to honour Grace by "bringing the awards home", so to speak. ! :flowers:

In the Monaco Matin there is an article about the first gala wich will take place at palace, it will be the Princess Grace awards where Robert Redford and his wife will receive the prize, the article said that it is at initiative of Princess Charlene who wanted that this gala would be at Monaco, the country where Prince Grace lived.There will 300 persons attending and half will be from USA
It will beon september 5th 2015, I think we will see all the princely family at this gala .

other announce of this ceremony

Monaco Life

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I thought the gala used to take place in October and in the States? Or is this a pre-gala?

(..)

Marty91charmed, read this anounce, it explains why this year, the gala will take place in the honor yard of the palace.

Princess Grace Foundation-USA to present Robert Redford and Sibylle Szaggars Redford with Prince Rainier III Award and Cary Fukunaga with Princess G... / News & Photos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

Monaco Matin published an article about this first gala in the palace of Monaco last monday.
the annouce said also that P Charlene wanted that the gala took plce this year in the palace in honor of Princess Grace, next year, the gala will return to NYC.

The Palace has released the following pic and caption today:

** Pic **

"HSH Prince Albert ll of Monaco and the Board of Trustees of the Princess Grace Foundation-USA gathered for a Board meeting in the Salon des Glaces at the Prince's Palace on September 4. The meeting was held in advance of the first Princess Grace Awards Gala to be held at the Palace on September 5th, honoring legendary actor Robert Redford and Sybille Szaggars-Redford as well as director-writer Cary Fukunaga.

Standing from left to right:
Eduardo Garcia, Jon B. Turk, M.D. Rachel Hovnanian, Christopher Le Vine, Sandra van Essche, Chairman Jon F. Lehman, Robert Marx, Anton Katz and Gerard Cohen.

Seated from left to right:
Raymond P. Caldiero, Lynda A. Rufo, Barbara Lehman, HSH Prince Albert of Monaco ll, Lynn Wyatt, Yves Piaget, Serena D. Lese.

Photo : E. Mathon / Palais de Monaco"

Will the awards show be broadcast on Monaco Channel tonight?

Possibly. As the other ceremonies were not in the Principauté, these were not broadcast on Monaco Channel.

I don't think it will be broadcast. Otherwise it should have been broadcast the Rose Ball and the Red Cross Ball as well... But this one seems to be a unique event as it takes place in Monaco for the first time.

Princess Charlene looks absolutely gorgeous!:)

Yes, Iceflower, but there is also an another link about princess charlene and Albert in Zimbio

Princess Charlene - Zimbio

On one link , we are seeing the beautiful photos of the palace and on the other link we can see the photos of Prince Albert, the princess charlene , robert Redford doing a speech. and beautiful photos of Albert and Charlene holding their hands

:previous: I agree, it's lovely.

Too bad it wasn't shown on the Daily Fail website article...but then what would all the geniuses commenting on how "sad" Princess Charlene always looks and about the lack of affection between she and her husband have to bleat about then?!:lol::cool:

Last edited:
Right you are, moonmaiden23. They seem more in love, more relaxed and more content every time we see them!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Yes, Iceflower, but there is also an another link about princess charlene and Albert in Zimbio

Princess Charlene - Zimbio

As a little off-topic explanation ;):

The technical problem with your link is, that as soon as Charlene attends another event, those pics will turn up instead. Your link directs to "Princess Charlene" in general and not to the event itself, so it's non-permanent.

However here are some more galleries :flowers:

** pm: Charlène et Albert honorent Robert Redford **

** pp: Charlene de Monaco, Estelle Lefébure, Jane Krakowski divines pour Robert Redford **

How happy they look... and very much in love.... and Charlène was really well dressed !

Thanks, melina. The Palace looked amazing! The facade with the PGrace pictures was magnificently done. Well done to P Charlene since hosting the event at the Palace was her idea. Good thing, though, that the weather played along...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The Palace Courtyard setting by night with the famous horseshoe staircase lit up looked like a film set...simply stunning!

It was Princess Charlene's idea to have the awards ceremony at the Palace for the first time, and I think her choice was inspired. She hosted a night of glamour and beauty that was by all accounts a resounding success, literally in her own backyard. She didn't have to fly to the U.S. and be separated from her babies, which she probably hates to do.;)

I am hoping that they make it an annual event at the Palais Princier from now on.

The photos of the palace are stunning.

In 2013, the Princess Grace Foundation had decided to held a gala in the main places where Princess Grace lived. Princess Charlene , part of the foundation Council, proposed to held a gala in the palace of Monaco. Last year, the gala took place in Los Angeles and this year in Monaco. Next year, the gala will return to new York.

I believe there will be other galas in the honor courtyard of the palace. the local newspaper ' Monaco Matin' said in an article that it was the first gala held in the palace.
I believe that there was a gala held on the place of the palace when Princess Grace was still alive.

Back
Top Bottom