Princess Antoinette has Died - March 18, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Very sad news from Monaco today, Princess Antoinette has died last night at the age of 90!

The Princely Palace has made a short announcement today, telling that she had been in hospital
for quite a time and died at the Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco during the night from Thursday,
March 17 to Friday, March 18. The flags are at half-mast in Monaco today.

** paris match ** translation ** Monaco : la princesse Antoinette est décédée **

** gettyimages gallery: Her life in pictures ** ppe **

Last edited:
OH NO!!! My sincere condolences to the family!

:easter:

May Goh hold her in His peace

OH NO!!! My sincere condolences to the family!

May Goh hold her in His peace

Very sad indeed ! Especially on the eve of the Bal de la Rose !!!

May she rest in peace .

Very sad news! Rest in peace

My condolences to the family.

May she rest in peace, my condolences to the family.

RIP!
I don't want to be tactless or anything but is there any info on funeral?

May she rest in peace, my condolences to the family.

Very sad news. She is now with Christine, who had to miss her mother terribly...

Rest in peace.

She was the last link the Grimaldi siblings had with their past. Now they're alone facing the future. I pray God give them the courage and wisdom to to keep united and carry on with dignity their task of making from their country a solid and respected nation.

:lancasterrose:

Thanks it is now and not in June. Rainer's children loved her and certainly will miss her. Princess Antoinette 's life was not easy : 3 weddings as Caroline , 3 children as Grace, Caroline and Stephanie but remains an important member of the Family until her old age.

My condolences to the princely family of Monaco.

:monacoflag:

True condolences to the family, on the loss of such a wonderful woman. It is sad she could not be at the wedding this summer, since her brother is no longer there. Here is wishing the family the peace needed to mourn a beloved member of their family, as we should all be given.

That's so sad. My condolences to the family.

How sad. The Princess was the last of an era, however, she had been suffering quite a lot for a pretty long time and at least she is now at peace. Antoinette and Christine are now reunited. My deepest sympathy to the family and may she rest in peace.
:monacoflag: :monacoflag: :monacoflag:

How sad. I am sure she was looking forward to seeing Albert finally marry.

It's very hard when these last members of that great generation have gone. Condolences and peace to the Grimaldi family.

My condolences to the family, how unfortunate she couldn't make it to Albert's wedding. :(

Despite her age and infirmities I would have bet that the Princess Antoinette would have been at the wedding no matter what. She was so proud of Prince Albert, I'm sure she would have been overjoyed to see that day finally come. Sadly, it was not to be. :sad:

1920-2011
I just realized, she was born in the reign of Prince Albert I and has passed away in the reign of Prince Albert II.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Last edited:
Death of Princess Antoinette, two weeks of mourning in Monaco. Following the death of Princess Antoinette last night, the Principality of Monaco and particularly the Government of Monaco and the Royal Household will observe a mourning period of fifteen days will run until April 1.
Nice Martin translation

My condolences go out to the family, it's such a terrible lose.

R.I.P Princess Antoinette

Very sad news, and I'm thinking of all the family members at this sad time. It's the last of the old guard and the end of an era. But in the darkness of sadness, there will always be the light of the memories. Rest in peace Antoinette, we will always remember you.

I think of Princess Antoinette and I think of a lady who lived her life on her own unequivocal terms as a true Grimaldi perhaps the truest in the gene pool-.Antoinette was the last link with the past. Her life was long and colourful.MY condolences to the family and may she rest in peace.

My condolences to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom