Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 9: May 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given all the personal tragedies and tribulations of the Princess of Hanover one wouldn't blame her for being the reclusive Princess but that mantle rests firmly on her sister in laws head.

I am happy that Charlène will attend this State Visit. I understand the loyalty to Princess Caroline but Charlène is the Première Dame unlike her sister-in-law.

I am happy that Charlène will attend this State Visit. I understand the loyalty to Princess Caroline but Charlène is the Première Dame unlike her sister-in-law.
I'm also happy that she will attend - I would like to see her more.

Nobody said Caroline was the first lady or even suggested that Charlene wasn't. I believe most of us were just commenting that the fact that Albert would have the support of his sisters as well as his consort pointed to the importance of this visit for Monaco.

I'm looking forward to photos of the visit.

Just happy we can look forward to some pictures and video tomorrow. Anyone know what time the live broadcast will start?

Last edited by a moderator:
The live broadcast will begin at 11 am

Monaco info changes the times of the live broadcast, it will be at 12h45pm

The president will land at 11h at Nice , received by foreign minister, ambassadors, mayor , delegation of Monaco

It was in live on Monaco info
The princely couple received the chinese president in the cour d'honneur

Charlene was very elegant and very at ease

For heavens sake not black again and she should have had those sunglasses off.

Albert loves her sister and respects her. He knows perfectly she is a woman intelligent . Every member of princely family has a role. Caroline has always a great role in her country. They work together as a team.

For heavens sake not black again and she should have had those sunglasses off.

I never seen Princess Grace or Princess Caroline with sunglasses when welcoming a world leader.

I never seen Princess Grace or Princess Caroline with sunglasses when welcoming a world leader.

It is considered very disrespectful in most diplomatic circumstances. She could have worn a hat to protect her eyes from the sun if that was the cause for the sunglasses.

Looks like a beautiful sunny day in Monaco for the Chinese visit and a very impressive ceremonial reception.

It is considered very disrespectful in most diplomatic circumstances. She could have worn a hat to protect her eyes from the sun if that was the cause for the sunglasses.

Agree with you, it's very disrespectful.

Princess Grace wore sunglasses during some cérémonies because she had headache with the sun, and what do the people when they have problèmes with their eyes, I know a lot of persons who are wearing sunglasses durein officiel cérémonies and Albert is very often wearing sunglasses when he arrives in a foreign country and he is listening the anthems

Charlene left her sunglasses when she told with the wife of the president and at the end of the ceremony

Charlene was very kind and warm with the wife of the president , she presented herself the members of the princely staff, the members of the princely gouvernement and Very important personnality to the wife of the president, she did perfectly her role of princess consort

Yes, I also think it that it was surely the twins who were at the window

at the dinner

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/421854856?mp_ssi=421854864

The presidentiel couple leaving the princely couple

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/search/images?sorting=desc&filters_;&text=princess charlene

Jacques was looking the ceremony at the window of the palace

I love this photo

https://www.profimedia.cz/editorial?blob=p.BQ~sp.princess charlene&mp_sed=421866087

Great ceremonial. Welcoming a head of state and listening to national anthems with sunglasses....., hmm no, but for the rest a perfect welcome on the inner cour of the palais princier. I hope we will see more State Visits in Monaco.

Lovely flower decorations for the lunch!

Last edited:
At first I thought Stephanie wasn't there but caught a glimpse in the Twitter video.

Princess Caroline, during lunch was sitting on the left side of Chinese President, while Albert was on his right side. Princess Charlene and the China First Lady were sitting on the opposite side of tha table. Princess Caroline elegant and chic as usual.

Princess Caroline, during lunch was sitting on the left side of Chinese President, while Albert was on his right side. Princess Charlene and the China First Lady were sitting on the opposite side of tha table. Princess Caroline elegant and chic as usual.
And Princess Stephanie was on Albert's left - pity there are no photos of her, just a brief unclear glimpse on the video.

How disrespectful of Charlene to greet the Chinese President and First Lady wearing sunglasses. If she had a headache or some such reason for wearing them she could have at least raised them for a brief time on greeting her guests. I wonder that Albert didn’t advise her it was not a good impression.

video Inside the palace

If Albert allows her to wear the sunglasses , it was not disrespectful, Albert is very polite and he knows better than other persons, she left her sunglasses xhen she told to the presidentiel couple

Charlene did a good job to day, she was an excellent hotess in the palace

Reactions: eya
The Princely Family were out in force with this visit,the Princess Consort looked relaxed and more at ease than I've seen in years,the twins and the Sovereigns sisters all played their part too.

An enjoyable but rather short visit to Monaco.

If Albert allows her to wear the sunglasses , it was not disrespectful, Albert is very polite and he knows better than other persons, she left her sunglasses xhen she told to the presidentiel couple

Charlene did a good job to day, she was an excellent hotess in the palace

Albert may not have said anything, however it doesn't take away from it being diplomatically disrespectful. You are meeting a dignitary from a foreign land, you do not shield your eyes from them. Again, I don't know why she wore them, perhaps the sun, but a hat would have taken care of that.

I have viewed the arrival ceremony, and she did remove them after the national anthems were played, so if she could do that, she should have removed them before.

It was a diplomatic faux pas on her part. I'm not going to tear her to thread, however, this is something that you just do not do.

Thank you Melina!

I don't know how many times i said that but the twins!! are so adorable!!!!

Albert may not have said anything, however it doesn't take away from it being diplomatically disrespectful. You are meeting a dignitary from a foreign land, you do not shield your eyes from them. Again, I don't know why she wore them, perhaps the sun, but a hat would have taken care of that.

I have viewed the arrival ceremony, and she did remove them after the national anthems were played, so if she could do that, she should have removed them before.

It was a diplomatic faux pas on her part. I'm not going to tear her to thread, however, this is something that you just do not do.

Yes Julianna it's a great mistake mainly of education. When you meet a new person you need to look in his/her eyes, being a Head of State, a Queen, King, or a very normal people. That's it

Prince Albert wearing sun glasses when he was arriving for an officiel visit to the Mali, he was with the president of the Mali and it was an officiel ceremony

https://royalcorrespondent.com/2012...hness-prince-albert-ii-of-monaco-visits-mali/

Charlene would have remove the sun glasses if Albert would have said that it was direspectul, he does not think that it is direspectful, he knows better than you
You focus on the sun glasses , it is Nothing near the fact that he was an important visite and Charlene was very warm and kindly and for the presidentiel couple, it was the most importance than to wear sun glasses in their presence

As I said it, Charlene did a good work to day during all the day

It is nice that Jacques and Gabriella were also present during the concert and they visited the Palatine chapelle and they were very polite and respectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom