Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 9: May 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, it dosn't get much bigger than the President of China on a state visit. SURELY Charlene will be there to greet him with Albert.

Monaco rarely has State Visits I can't recall any recently this is a high profile visit.

:previous:

Yes, absolutly, this is a very super high important guest, the President of China!

Prince Albert must have made an extraordinary and lasting impression, while he visited China!

Monaco might be small in size, but it is not only size, that matters...

Yes, absolutly, this is a very super high important guest, the President of China!

Prince Albert must have made an extraordinary and lasting impression, while he visited China!

Monaco has always punched above it's weight but having the Chinese President come for a state visit really is something. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Charlene AND Caroline were in the welcome party with Albert.

Last edited:

Well, if it's true that $$ makes the world go round, the Principality is a global superpower.:cool:

And His Serene Highness Albert II, his messy past aside, is an excellent ambassador for his tiny Mediterranean city state. He is affable, gracious, intelligent, cosmopolitan...he combines the old World good manners of his father Rainier with the American simplicity and charm of Princess Grace.

Monaco is lucky to have him, imo.;)

Last edited:
I wonder if it will be a lunch in the state dining room or an evening dinner.

The Palace has released the programme of the state visit from China today, it'll be a short one, but all three Princesses - Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie - will attend:

** Press release in French **

In the late morning Prince Albert and Princess Charlene will welcome the President and his wife with an official welcome ceremony at the courtyard of the Princely Palace. A private conversation, a signement and an official photo will follow. Prince Albert and the President, both with a delegation, will attend a bilateral meeting, while Princess Charlene and the President's wife will enjoy a short concert at the Palace. A state luncheon will follow, also attended by Princesses Caroline and Stephanie. After a folklore presentation by Monégasques pupils the Presidental couple will bid goodbye and leave Monaco.

:previous: For Albert's sake and for the citizens of the Principality, I am quite frankly relieved.:cool:

Interesting that all three Princesses - Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie - will attend for the short Chinese visit to Monaco.

:previous: For Albert's sake and for the citizens of the Principality, I am quite frankly relieved.:cool:

So am I but it's awful that, in her position, we should have to wonder if Charlene will show up at certain things. Anyway I am looking forward to this visit now and it would be so nice if Jaques and Gabriella got to meet the president too.

BTW It shows what a big deal this visit is when even Stephanie will be in the welcome party.

Last edited:
It is a state visit

The communicat speciefies that the president of China will be received by LLAASS prince Albert and Princess Charlene

After the reception of the presidential couple by the princely couple in the ' cour d'honneur, the two couples president, his wife , Prince Albert and the princess Charlene will share intimat moment

While prince Albert will have a meeting with the president and the chines delegation , Princess Charlene will attend a concert with the wife of the president in the palace

After there will be a state diner offered by LLAASS prince Albert and princess Charlene to the presidential couple , the chinese delegation and monegash delegation, Princess Caroline and Princess Stéphanie will be present to this diner

The chinese couple will leave the palace in the end of the afternoon, they will have a privat diner in Nice with the president Macron and his wife in Nice, France

The palace specifies in his communicat that it is the prince Albert and Princess Charlene who are inviting the president and his wife, all the cérémonies and diner are given by The prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Princess Caroline and princess Stéphanie will be only present to this diner like the monegash and chinese délégations, they have not a important role in this visit like Albert and Charlene, it makes the difference
It is why I posted the communicat in the prince Albert and princess Charlene events board

Perhaps , Jacques and Gabriella would meet the president of China in the palace

A lot of Diners...

So, the chinese President will first eat with the monegasque and in the evening with the french. That is hard work! The plates must be emptied, or otherwise the host is insulted...

And interesting (Thank you for pointing that out, melina premiere! :flowers: ) but on the other hand not that surprising, that Albert's sisters will babysit the delegations. The diner room in the palace is rather small and somebody must take care of the other guests - Ok, that is just my interpretation.

The Princess of Hanover is a natural and experienced hostess really glad that Albert's sisters will be in attendance for the Chinese visit.

Is this state visit going to be white tie? Are we finally seeing Charlene with a tiara?

No, as explained in my post above, it's a state visit for a couple of hours only. It will start in the late morning and will end in the afternoon of that same day. No dinner, no gala, just a luncheon.

No, as explained in my post above, it's a state visit for a couple of hours only. It will start in the late morning and will end in the afternoon of that same day. No dinner, no gala, just a luncheon.
Thank you so much. Really sad, this must be the shortest state visit ever!

No, it is not sad, this visit corresponds to a small country and Monaco is very small, the state visits or official visits last only one day, President Chirac, President Sarkozy or Holland, the presidentiel couple of Moldavia or Croatia stayed only one day in Monaco even the president General DeGaulle stayed one day when he met Prince Rainier and Princess Grace in 1960.

This does not detract from the importance or the solemnity of the visit, it is the first time that a chinese president is coming in Monaco, the evening, the president and his wife will diner with Mr Macron and his wife in France in Nice in the intimitat, the visit in France will last only one day, the president will leave France next tuesday

The state visite will last the day and not only a couple of hours,

The president and his wife will arrive in the Morning , received in the cour d'honneur by the princely couple,, the honors will be payed in the cour d'honneur,

Prince Albert and princess Charlene will have a meet with the presidentiel couple in intimitat in the palace

While Prince Albert will talk with the president , Princess Charlene will attend a concert with the wife of the president in an another room of the palace

After there will be the diner, in France we are Calling the meal of noon dejeuner in English lunch but it is a diner with entree, meat or fish dish , dessert, coffee and surely during an officiel diner toasts to the president and his country but it is not a cocktail , it is a true diner

After this diner, the guests will attend the danses of the palladiennes, monegash dancers and a representation of a play in Mandarin

This day will be well filled with official cérémonies and performences.

It will be an official event

What an Honor!

I think it is absolutly right: It is an huge honor for Monaco, that the President of China takes time to visit this rather very little country!

Even if he visited only for an handshake and a photo op, it would be an honor... - but he visits with his wife and a delegation and for long hours!

The Princess of Hanover is a natural and experienced hostess really glad that Albert's sisters will be in attendance for the Chinese visit.

HRH the Princess of Hanover is a Great First Lady for the Principality. She is a Great Human being, She speaks 6 languages, She is culturally at the top respect The other Princess who will be present.

The Princess of Hanover has plenty of experience having been more or less the unofficial first lady since the death of her mother until her brothers marriage to Charlene Wittstock in 2011.

I Believe you Don't understand what the communicat said,

It said that Charlene and Albert will receive the presidentiel couple in the cour d'honneur, that The president and his wife will have a meeting in the private room of the palace while Albert will talk with the president and the chinese delegation, princess Charlene will attend with the wife of the president a concert of violon

The diner will be offered by the prince Albert and princess Charlene to the president , his wife, the monegash and chinese délégations, Princess Caroline and Stéphanie will also attend the diner

In the end of the afternoon, the presidentiel couple will leave the princely couple

Caroline and Stéphanie will only be present to the diner not anything

Caroline is perhaps a good hotess, but it will not be her role to receive the president of china, it is now the role of princess Charlene as the palace is saying it in the communicat

The reception will be in live in the Monaco channel

Here is the communicat of the palace in English

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to host Chinese President on a state visit – Royal Central

Last edited by a moderator:
The Princess of Hanover has plenty of experience having been more or less the unofficial first lady since the death of her mother until her brothers marriage to Charlene Wittstock in 2011.

Agree with you!

I Believe you Don't understand what the communicat said,

It said that Charlene and Albert will receive the presidentiel couple in the cour d'honneur, that The president and his wife will have a meeting in the private room of the palace while Albert will talk with the president and the chinese delegation, princess Charlene will attend with the wife of the president a concert of violon

The diner will be offered by the prince Albert and princess Charlene to the president , his wife, the monegash and chinese délégations, Princess Caroline and Stéphanie will also attend the diner

In the end of the afternoon, the presidentiel couple will leave the princely couple

Caroline and Stéphanie will only be present to the diner not anything

Caroline is perhaps a good hotess, but it will not be her role to receive the president of china, it is now the role of princess Charlene as the palace is saying it in the communicat

The reception will be in live in the Monaco channel

There will be a luncheon and not a dinner.

HRH Princess Caroline is not a good hostess She used to be a First Lady and is much more comfortable in the role than Princess Charlne. She received education for that as well as Princess Stephanie. She is a Royal Highness and is a Princess by birth. She has done a Great Job for Monaco since her mother death till Albert's marriage. This is a fact, you like it or not. Can you tell Princess Charlene has done a great Job since She became a Princess? The facts are under the worldwide eyes.

To be Royal highness or princess by Birth is not a privilège, I prefer admire people who work for the misery in the world, Caroline does not do special work , she is not mother Theresa nor Audrey Hepburn, she received from her mom's mother foundations the title of honor president when Princess Grace died and attended the galas of Monaco in smiling, compare to the hard of workers , it is not difficult, on the other part, she divorced two times , had lovers as Vincent Lindon or the argentin tennis player and was pregnant when she married, not a beautiful image of a princess by Birth

Charlene as Princess Stéphanie built her own foundation, they did not receive the all made foundation, Caroline is 62 charlene is 41, we will compare when Charlene will have the age of Caroline 62 old

Lunch , diner what importance? It is a historic event for Monaco and it does not take away his importance. and this Morning , the radio Monaco said that the concert and perhaps the visite to the Palatine chapelle if there is the time, the diner , the Pallatine danses, and the representation of the play by learners of Lycee Albert 1er were prepared with the staff of the palace and princess Charlene

I can't understand, dear melina, your grudge against princess caroline. Caroline is worldwide a great woman and princess. She is the emblem of beauty, style and strong. She is at the head of important foundation for wich need an high cultural level. Her private life is signed by tragedy. I don't think stephanie had a quiet private life more than her sister but i respect her anyeay. Charlrne for me is not able as princess of monaco. .

To be Royal highness or princess by Birth is not a privilège, I prefer admire people who work for the misery in the world, Caroline does not do special work , she is not mother Theresa nor Audrey Hepburn, she received from her mom's mother foundations the title of honor president when Princess Grace died and attended the galas of Monaco in smiling, compare to the hard of workers , it is not difficult, on the other part, she divorced two times , had lovers as Vincent Lindon or the argentin tennis player and was pregnant when she married, not a beautiful image of a princess by Birth

Charlene as Princess Stéphanie built her own foundation, they did not receive the all made foundation, Caroline is 62 charlene is 41, we will compare when Charlene will have the age of Caroline 62 old

Lunch , diner what importance? It is a historic event for Monaco and it does not take away his importance. and this Morning , the radio Monaco said that the concert and perhaps the visite to the Palatine chapelle if there is the time, the diner , the Pallatine danses, and the representation of the play by learners of Lycee Albert 1er were prepared with the staff of the palace and princess Charlene
It´s funny to me how people will compare others to Mother Theresa to prove someone is not as charitable, as if that woman was ever a symbol of charity, sympathy and love. :whistling:

Seems like you have a lot of institutionalised sexism you need to deal with.

The Princess of Hanover is a far more visible member of the Princely family compared to her duty shy sister in law.

Well, i for one hope (and kind of expect) that we'll at least get several pictures of the visit with the various MRF members, so i'm looking forward to it :flowers:

Wow - you do like to rewrite history don't you?

Caroline may well have not created her foundations from scratch but AMADE under her presidency is a completely different animal from the one she inherited from Princess Grace and she puts a lot of work and advocacy into it. I believe that is "special work" for people suffering the misery of the world. She also dedicates a lot for the Prince Pierre Foundation - culture is an important part of life.

She did set up the Ballets de Monte-Carlo and it is now recognised as an innovative and high quality dance company.

Not to mention the times she was there for her father as de facto first lady after her mother's death. Or has turned up to support her brother because his wife can't be there as she is single-handedly bringing up twins, running a foundation she apparently set up all by herself and growing organic vegetables for the disadvantaged children of Monaco.

As to her "lovers" (the contempt you manage to make drip from that word!) - with Vilas she was young and single, she had a fling just like many other young women of her age. The only problem was she had photographers to deal with. Vincent Lindon was a serious relationship - they were together for the best part of 5 years. And she has only been divorced once - annulled actually. She is only separated from Ernst.

How about you list Stephanie's companions? Or Albert is no slouch in that department. They are also titled by birth - same as the Albert of Belgium, Jean and Louis of Luxembourg, Queen Beatrix's father, Lord Harewood, Princess Antoinette... They all had children outside of marriage. Caroline may have been pregnant when she got married but her children were all born after their parents were married - to each other. If that's a sign of respectability that appears to matter to you.

Being born princely, royal or titled doesn't make a person not human. They make the same mistakes, experience the same joys and miseries as everybody else - in the glare of the spotlight.

You are perfectly entitled not to appreciate Caroline but don't make things up to suit the narrative.

We all know that Charlene is the Consort and that she will be the Princess at Albert's side to welcome the Chinese delegation (although that's not 100% given). However, as Caroline and Stephanie turn up only on special occasions with the Princely Couple it IS a big deal that they will be there and shows that this is an important visit. That is all people were trying to say. And Caroline is an experienced hostess so it will be useful to have someone other than Charlene to be at one of the tables.

You're the one who started making the difference between dinner and lunch - so I don't understand why you are now saying it doesn't matter.

And by the way, Mother Teresa wasn't all that wonderful in spite of her excellent PR - I, for one, am glad that Caroline is nothing like her.

Last edited:
I can't understand, dear melina, your grudge against princess caroline. Caroline is worldwide a great woman and princess. She is the emblem of beauty, style and strong. She is at the head of important foundation for wich need an high cultural level. Her private life is signed by tragedy. I don't think stephanie had a quiet private life more than her sister but i respect her anyeay. Charlrne for me is not able as princess of monaco. .

Flaubert i agree 100% on each word you written. You know when the men is indicating the moon somebody is looking at the finger.

The Princess of Hanover is a far more visible member of the Princely family compared to her duty shy sister in law.

You are completly right!

Caroline may well have not created her foundations from scratch but AMADE under her presidency is a completely different animal from the one she inherited from Princess Grace and she puts a lot of work and advocacy into it. I believe that is "special work" for people suffering the misery of the world. She also dedicates a lot for the Prince Pierre Foundation - culture is an important part of life.

She did set up the Ballets de Monte-Carlo and it is now recognised as an innovative and high quality dance company.

Not to mention the times she was there for her father as de facto first lady after her mother's death. Or has turned up to support her brother because his wife can't be there as she is single-handedly bringing up twins, running a foundation she apparently set up all by herself and growing organic vegetables for the disadvantaged children of Monaco.

As to her "lovers" (the contempt you manage to make drip from that word!) - with Vilas she was young and single, she had a fling just like many other young women of her age. The only problem was she had photographers to deal with. Vincent Lindon was a serious relationship - they were together for the best part of 5 years. And she has only been divorced once - annulled actually. She is only separated from Ernst.

How about you list Stephanie's companions? Or Albert is no slouch in that department. They are also titled by birth - same as the Albert of Belgium, Jean and Louis of Luxembourg, Queen Beatrix's father, Lord Harewood, Princess Antoinette... They all had children outside of marriage. Caroline may have been pregnant when she got married but her children were all born after their parents were married - to each other. If that's a sign of respectability that appears to matter to you.

Being born princely, royal or titled doesn't make a person not human. They make the same mistakes, experience the same joys and miseries as everybody else - in the glare of the spotlight.

You are perfectly entitled not to appreciate Caroline but don't make things up to suit the narrative.

We all know that Charlene is the Consort and that she will be the Princess at Albert's side to welcome the Chinese delegation (although that's not 100% given). However, as Caroline and Stephanie turn up only on special occasions with the Princely Couple it IS a big deal that they will be there and shows that this is an important visit. That is all people were trying to say. And Caroline is an experienced hostess so it will be useful to have someone other than Charlene to be at one of the tables.

You're the one who started making the difference between dinner and lunch - so I don't understand why you are now saying it doesn't matter.

And by the way, Mother Teresa wasn't all that wonderful in spite of her excellent PR - I, for one, am glad that Caroline is nothing like her.

Dear Florestane, nothing to say more than what you wrote. At the same time I agree completly with you.

Agree 100% - an excellent and well-thought out response to the issue at hand. Caroline is one of my favourite members of the Princely Family so I might be a little biased here, but I do think she has done a lot of good in her own right for Monaco, and as you have pointed out, like her or not, we can't dispute the facts that she did start up the Ballets de Monte-Carlo and has done a great amount of work for local charities and the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom