Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
My husband's sister can barely look at me let alone speak with me, and I am the same with my brother's wife. We have all tried and it has ended this way for the better. We al lhave nothing in common and both are very miserable people who only talk about themselves. Neither relationship has changed in 15 years of trying, so please know it is all fable that Charlene will EVER get along with either sister. They support their brother's choice by just being in the same space with Charlene, probably because he has stood by BOTH sisters for many years. But it is evident that they have, both sisters, PASSED the point of even appearing civil with Charlene and cannot even force themselves to PRETEND to get along with her or speak with her. I read last year that when she "disappeared" to South Africa for several months where she did not appear at all in Monaco, it was because she could not get along with the sisters and Albert was NOT standing up for her hoping it would all sort itself out. He SENT Caroline on "duty" to SA and had her make up with Charlene after which Charlene started to come back to Monaco .. BUT THIS TIME MOVED IN ! He gave her an apartment and bought her a car and got her a few endorsements so that she would have "her own money" to buy and send things for her friends/family without having to ask him for money.

I think Albert is genuinely in love with Charlene, but love is NOT everything, especially NOT in a fishbowl where he lives with his sister and her children. He seems to be trying to assess whether or not it is okay to marry the partner he wants in spite of the mess of emotions between them all, something Rainier apparently did since his sister did not like Grace at all and was abhorred to find her brother marrying a potato-farmer's granddaughter (says the granddaughter of a washerwoman).

All's fair .. right now, Albert will lose the support of his sisters when he marries Charlene and he is painfully aware of that. This is ONLY okay if Charlene can pull the same load as Caroline. Caroline will HAVE to pull out of quite a few patronages and hand them over to Charlene due to protocol.

Let us all see where this goes .. but it is evident with all body language that the sisters can barely tolerate Charlene .. who is happy only because Albert has been standing up for her. Photos show she is happiest when the sisters are not around ..

R.

iloveroyals and sad caroline

I agree with you, iloveroyals. No doubt, age leaves a mark on everyone, but Princess Caroline seems to have lost that girlish touch, that spark that made her so special, even in those terrible years after Stefano's death... There was then, such a strenght in her, you could see her shoping, go for a walk, playng joifully with her kids... Now, all that seems to be over. No more playing with Alex, no more beautiful relaxing moments. She looks distant ( so coldly Royal Highness ), tired and drained. She seems to have lost the will and the way to dress and make herself preety ( despite of how expensive her dresses may be ), she seems to have lost the will to glow. She looks lost and far away from herself... Besides, that dreadful haircut gives her such an heavy look. And, let's face it, neither her husband nor her Casi's kids seem to contibute in any way to her peace of mind...:flowers:

Don't worry about Caroline she will be o.k. she getting older and it showing.

Okay PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
My husband's sister can barely look at me let alone speak with me, and I am the same with my brother's wife. We have all tried and it has ended this way for the better. We al lhave nothing in common and both are very miserable people who only talk about themselves. Neither relationship has changed in 15 years of trying, so please know it is all fable that Charlene will EVER get along with either sister. They support their brother's choice by just being in the same space with Charlene, probably because he has stood by BOTH sisters for many years. But it is evident that they have, both sisters, PASSED the point of even appearing civil with Charlene and cannot even force themselves to PRETEND to get along with her or speak with her. I read last year that when she "disappeared" to South Africa for several months where she did not appear at all in Monaco, it was because she could not get along with the sisters and Albert was NOT standing up for her hoping it would all sort itself out. He SENT Caroline on "duty" to SA and had her make up with Charlene after which Charlene started to come back to Monaco .. BUT THIS TIME MOVED IN ! He gave her an apartment and bought her a car and got her a few endorsements so that she would have "her own money" to buy and send things for her friends/family without having to ask him for money.

I think Albert is genuinely in love with Charlene, but love is NOT everything, especially NOT in a fishbowl where he lives with his sister and her children. He seems to be trying to assess whether or not it is okay to marry the partner he wants in spite of the mess of emotions between them all, something Rainier apparently did since his sister did not like Grace at all and was abhorred to find her brother marrying a potato-farmer's granddaughter (says the granddaughter of a washerwoman).

All's fair .. right now, Albert will lose the support of his sisters when he marries Charlene and he is painfully aware of that. This is ONLY okay if Charlene can pull the same load as Caroline. Caroline will HAVE to pull out of quite a few patronages and hand them over to Charlene due to protocol.

Let us all see where this goes .. but it is evident with all body language that the sisters can barely tolerate Charlene .. who is happy only because Albert has been standing up for her. Photos show she is happiest when the sisters are not around ..

R.
where did you get this from,i read a different magazine i will try to post it later it said albert is the one paying charlene for staying on his side it about 4000eros a month, they did not said anything about caroline going to african to make up with her and that they are not getting along, the news papper also said if albert marry charlene that she will be happyto be taken care offby the familly,the papper also said the maid at the castle are learning english so they can communte with her, i dont think she is sad, albert have giving her everything expect the ring, onlytime will tell if he does and the choice is his not his sisters.:ermm:

I agree with you, iloveroyals. No doubt, age leaves a mark on everyone, but Princess Caroline seems to have lost that girlish touch, that spark that made her so special, even in those terrible years after Stefano's death... There was then, such a strenght in her, you could see her shoping, go for a walk, playng joifully with her kids... Now, all that seems to be over. No more playing with Alex, no more beautiful relaxing moments. She looks distant ( so coldly Royal Highness ), tired and drained. She seems to have lost the will and the way to dress and make herself preety ( despite of how expensive her dresses may be ), she seems to have lost the will to glow. She looks lost and far away from herself... Besides, that dreadful haircut gives her such an heavy look. And, let's face it, neither her husband nor her Casi's kids seem to contibute in any way to her peace of mind...:flowers:

You put it very well. I think it is most noticeable in the way she moves now. She always seemed to be dancing, whereas now she is stiff and almost always looks the same, whatever she is wearing or whatever the occasion. I am not saying she still does not have her moments, such as last summer on a boardwalk from her yacht, her walk was exactly the same as when she was 16, I think I posted the older picture. I am not saying she should have the body language of a sixteen year old either, but there was something very distinctive about her that seems (at least for the moment, and in my eyes) to be lost. She just seems more robotic now, but also, as I mentioned before, preoccupied. I am sure she always had her "preoccupied' moments before, but she seems to have lost her capacity to put them aside and "glow" as you say. Of course, it may just be the effect of aging (and I also wonder if her feet or legs hurt, as someone mentioned, which would explain the different walk and bearing: but here, I am getting into what's none of my business, I was just reacting to photographs.)

As with many relationships, in the end, it does not matter if the sisters get along with the future wife as long as the couple is strong with one another. Family crap should not stop people from getting married.

MM from Norway was a young, sporty party girl when she met her Prince and there was little education or actual training I state affairs for her either. She makes her husband and children very happy and this was primary for the Prince. He seems stronger from it and maybe this is the similar with PA and CW.

I think he will HAVE TO marry her this year or break off .. it cannot just drag on anymore.

R.

Last edited:
Do we know how prince Albert spent Christmas? In 2005 he was with Caroline and her family. I guess Steph and Caro always spend time with their families, but Albert...he may feel lonely those days. Maybe he spent Christmas with one of his sisters families.

Bunte stated a while ago that Albert and Charlene spent Christmas with Caroline and her family.

As with many relationships, in the end, it does not matter if the sisters get along with the future wife as long as the couple is strong with one another. Family crap should not stop people from getting married.

MM from Norway was a young, sporty party girl when she met her Prince and there was little education or actual training I state affairs for her either. She makes her husband and children very happy and this was primary for the Prince. He seems stronger from it and maybe this is the similar with PA and CW.

I think he will HAVE TO marry her this year or break off .. it cannot just drag on anymore.

R.

I think in the end, he will be much happier if it is the latter? If it has took him this long to figure out if he's in love with Charlene, or has any hesitations still now, I would say there is probably not enough there to survive a marriage, especially one that will be so much more demanding than most. I would have to say I can't imagine this is a strong couple, I don't see it being one of love and trust in each other. I can only predict what misery these two might have with the age difference and the change in status with Charlene when Albert kind of loses the upper hand. Think Diana? I think in Albert's posistion and especially his wife's it would be much easier if the wife got along well with the sisters, maybe she could even be the one to help unite them a little more. Maybe this will be a good year for Monaco and the family, let's hope so!:)

Please remember that this thread is for the current events of the princely family, there are many other threads to talk about Albert and Charlene. Future off topic posts will be deleted.

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

Pics 18.3.2008

HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Stephanie of Monaco
visit the photos exposition of the ONG organisations at the Grimaldi
Forum on March 18, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco

With that event the ONG organisations gave tribute to HSH Prince
Albert II for his 50th Birthday, but I post the pics here as it's not
a real birthday celebration and the ONG organisations should be
in the focus of attention.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:
HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Stephanie of Monaco
visit the photos exposition of the ONG organisations at the Grimaldi
Forum on March 18, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco

With that event the ONG organisations gave tribute to HSH Prince
Albert II for his 50th Birthday, but I post the pics here as it's not
a real birthday celebration and the ONG organisations should be
in the focus of attention.

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Albert and Stephanie - cuddling and kissing, what a weird couple. Both look uncomfortable with the situation. Stephanie looks like she bumped in by accident on the way to the supermarket. Her style and taste is deteriorating remarkably. Beside the fact that she looks old and worn out she seems to have lost her taste completly.
My guess, something is going on behind the scene - perhaps that explains the absence of Caroline and her clan.

Thanks Ice Stephanie and Albert both look good .

Albert and Stephanie - cuddling and kissing, what a weird couple. Both look uncomfortable with the situation. Stephanie looks like she bumped in by accident on the way to the supermarket. Her style and taste is deteriorating remarkably. Beside the fact that she looks old and worn out she seems to have lost her taste completly.
My guess, something is going on behind the scene - perhaps that explains the absence of Caroline and her clan.

well, I don't see it as weird and I wouldn't have described it as cuddling either. Affectionate yes but then Albert and Stephanie have a very close relationship. They have always supported each other and this may be one of those times. As for her attire, Stephanie is known for being casual so it's not a surprise that she would turn up to a photo exhibition dressed that way. JMO

Glistening Seas

great job sebastian. i agree PA attire seems more than appropriate for the both of them. Stephanie is always classy even in jeans i find it appears quite relaxed and enjoying of the moment and more "spontaneous" to the situation i'd say. :monacostandard::rainbow::popcorn:

New Pics!

Prince Albert and Princess Caroline at the Palladino Art Exhibition 28.03.2008

Gallery

Glistening Seas

:)Ahh g-r--eat outfit for caroline very classy and very spring-y. as always the illustrious PA is impeccably dressed:) what kind of an exhibit was it? :monacostandard::sun:i mean is it modern art or african art or something else??

Thanks for the pics from the exhibition, tbhrc!
Caroline looked great, I like her hair like this and
that dress is very nice, she already wore it at
the baptism in Germany in 2006. Here's a pic to
compare ---> same dress in 2006 :)

This is a dress Chanel ( remember Karl Lagarfeld is Caroline' s coutourier -fétiche ) and, as such, is a classic, intemporal and always a propos...

Glistening Seas

:)ohhh iceflower it was great for you to give us the 2006 pics of Caroline's dress. i liked the close up i didn't get to see that and it's so in keeping with the time of year too. Remember one of the designers this past christmas made a beautiful dress in the red plaid with black accents and now this lovely pattern of white/plaid is great. It is sooo in style this spring. i didn't want to mention the name of the designer because i wasn't sure and would not want to give credit to the wrong designer. however, i have seen a lot of the fresh plaids ready for spring and have been dying to get one. :sun::innocent::crown:

Last edited:
You are most welcome, Glistening Seas.

Here are a few additional pics from Thursday:
Opening of the exhibition of the Italian artist Mimmo Paladino with
Princess Caroline et Prince Albert in Monaco on March 27, 2008

Glistening Seas

:) ahh just caught up with the thread and the italian gallery is quite nice. PA looked marvelous it's one of my fav of his suits and ties the color really gives him a nice g-l-o-w it's nice. As always Caroline is impeccably dressed for the occassion.

Official French Visit to Monaco - April 2008

The french president Nicolas Sarkozy comes to an official visit to Monaco - Friday 25th April 2008

Link

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
And please have a look at the new Zero Tolerance Policy

Happy posting!

Last edited:
Here are some bigger pics from yesterday evening:

Ernst-August of Hanover ,HSH Princess Caroline of Hanover,
HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and guests attend The AMADE
Dinner at the Hotel de Paris on April 10, 2008 In Monte Carlo, Monaco

Caroline wore her well-known earrings :) and I think we've
also seen that dress before, didn't we?

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Glistening Seas

:)the up close pics were marvelous. it was a treat to read about the amade organization. the all black affair looked very classy. The dress was very very elegant. i bet Caroline cannot wait to start working on getting some sunshine with all the outdoor activities they have planned for this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom