The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 12-25-2007, 03:56 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,450
I dont think Carolines coat suits nor fits Charlotte well at all. It wonderful seeing Charlotte out with Prince Albert, im not going to say that that means a bigger future but since she is off for the holidays he decided to aks her to go with him or she wanted to attened. anyways what ever the reason is its great to see her at events no dealing with fashion
__________________

  #142  
Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 AM
asturiana's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 1,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I noticed something very nice - Charlotte wore a coat of her mother Caroline, I searched for it and here you can compare it

Caroline in 2002 ------ Charlotte in 2007
Thanks for the information. Thats very nice .
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Albert supposedly took his new year's vacation in Finland. Does anyone have any pictures? Thanks!
__________________
  #144  
Old 01-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Do we know how prince Albert spent Christmas? In 2005 he was with Caroline and her family. I guess Steph and Caro always spend time with their families, but Albert...he may feel lonely those days. Maybe he spent Christmas with one of his sisters families.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #145  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Princess Caroline and Prince Albert at the Grimaldi Forum 05/02/2008:

Gallery
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
  #146  
Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
I like see Pr.Albert with his sisters.
__________________
  #147  
Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Thank you for the new pictures,tbhrc. Looking up Princess Caroline on Google, I found an article (with a gorgeous picture) in Gala, written on the occasion of her fiftieth birthday last year, and stressing how serene and content she has become. It's odd, because to me, she very often has a look of sadness on her face, as if something was bothering her, as if she was weary and couldn't quite put on the show of the ever smiling and joyous woman she was known to be (or at least to project). She doesn't look quite as sad as her sister, but she seems to have lost her zest for life. Is it the death of her father ? The uncertainties about Prince Albert and the affairs of the state ? The misery she has been exposed to in her professional work and which may well have affected her profoundly as if the stigma was now etched in her own face ? It may just be how we age, I'd have to think of comparisons. I guess we never have the same smile at 50, 51, as we did in our twenties, thirties, forties, but sometimes I feel sad for her, seeing (or perceiving in my imagination), how sad she seems. This being said, she remains the most beautiful and admirable woman I have been lucky to follow during my lifetime, in my generation.
__________________
  #148  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Talking Glistening Seas

wow iloveroyals that's a pretty deep evaluation to see from one picture. don't you think? Because when i look at pics of Stephanie and Caroline i have never seen the sadness that you refer too. Au contraire, i happen to see some great fun loving people. granted i would imagine they do miss their dad. that's pretty understandable it hasn't been that long either to that effect. so in that sense i suppose you are probably right about that. however, i would never perceive the sadness you seem to describe and; about Albert when he finds his "right one" he will settle down to act hasty would indeed be foolish don't you think? well, I have never noticed that sadness you seemed to mention because i truly think Pss Caroline and Stephanie add sparkle to anything they attempt to involve themselves with. Sometimes i think that camera can capture a moment of rest where feet might ache or simply tired comes accross and may make some feel like there's something amiss when there might not be when it comes to that. any oPinIOns on this
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #149  
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
As I said, that may just be a misperception; however, it was not based on one picture (?), but a whole series of pictures, dating back to about one and a half year ago. She just seems different (to me).
__________________
  #150  
Old 02-07-2008, 05:31 AM
psychoduck's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Thank you for the new pictures,tbhrc. Looking up Princess Caroline on Google, I found an article (with a gorgeous picture) in Gala, written on the occasion of her fiftieth birthday last year, and stressing how serene and content she has become. It's odd, because to me, she very often has a look of sadness on her face, as if something was bothering her, as if she was weary and couldn't quite put on the show of the ever smiling and joyous woman she was known to be (or at least to project). She doesn't look quite as sad as her sister, but she seems to have lost her zest for life. Is it the death of her father ? The uncertainties about Prince Albert and the affairs of the state ? The misery she has been exposed to in her professional work and which may well have affected her profoundly as if the stigma was now etched in her own face ? It may just be how we age, I'd have to think of comparisons. I guess we never have the same smile at 50, 51, as we did in our twenties, thirties, forties, but sometimes I feel sad for her, seeing (or perceiving in my imagination), how sad she seems. This being said, she remains the most beautiful and admirable woman I have been lucky to follow during my lifetime, in my generation.
can't agree more...that's exactly what i think...
__________________
  #151  
Old 02-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
Okay PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
My husband's sister can barely look at me let alone speak with me, and I am the same with my brother's wife. We have all tried and it has ended this way for the better. We al lhave nothing in common and both are very miserable people who only talk about themselves. Neither relationship has changed in 15 years of trying, so please know it is all fable that Charlene will EVER get along with either sister. They support their brother's choice by just being in the same space with Charlene, probably because he has stood by BOTH sisters for many years. But it is evident that they have, both sisters, PASSED the point of even appearing civil with Charlene and cannot even force themselves to PRETEND to get along with her or speak with her. I read last year that when she "disappeared" to South Africa for several months where she did not appear at all in Monaco, it was because she could not get along with the sisters and Albert was NOT standing up for her hoping it would all sort itself out. He SENT Caroline on "duty" to SA and had her make up with Charlene after which Charlene started to come back to Monaco .. BUT THIS TIME MOVED IN ! He gave her an apartment and bought her a car and got her a few endorsements so that she would have "her own money" to buy and send things for her friends/family without having to ask him for money.

I think Albert is genuinely in love with Charlene, but love is NOT everything, especially NOT in a fishbowl where he lives with his sister and her children. He seems to be trying to assess whether or not it is okay to marry the partner he wants in spite of the mess of emotions between them all, something Rainier apparently did since his sister did not like Grace at all and was abhorred to find her brother marrying a potato-farmer's granddaughter (says the granddaughter of a washerwoman).

All's fair .. right now, Albert will lose the support of his sisters when he marries Charlene and he is painfully aware of that. This is ONLY okay if Charlene can pull the same load as Caroline. Caroline will HAVE to pull out of quite a few patronages and hand them over to Charlene due to protocol.

Let us all see where this goes .. but it is evident with all body language that the sisters can barely tolerate Charlene .. who is happy only because Albert has been standing up for her. Photos show she is happiest when the sisters are not around ..

R.
__________________
  #152  
Old 02-07-2008, 04:20 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,219
iloveroyals and sad caroline

I agree with you, iloveroyals. No doubt, age leaves a mark on everyone, but Princess Caroline seems to have lost that girlish touch, that spark that made her so special, even in those terrible years after Stefano's death... There was then, such a strenght in her, you could see her shoping, go for a walk, playng joifully with her kids... Now, all that seems to be over. No more playing with Alex, no more beautiful relaxing moments. She looks distant ( so coldly Royal Highness ), tired and drained. She seems to have lost the will and the way to dress and make herself preety ( despite of how expensive her dresses may be ), she seems to have lost the will to glow. She looks lost and far away from herself... Besides, that dreadful haircut gives her such an heavy look. And, let's face it, neither her husband nor her Casi's kids seem to contibute in any way to her peace of mind...
__________________
  #153  
Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
Don't worry about Caroline she will be o.k. she getting older and it showing.
__________________
  #154  
Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
Okay PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
My husband's sister can barely look at me let alone speak with me, and I am the same with my brother's wife. We have all tried and it has ended this way for the better. We al lhave nothing in common and both are very miserable people who only talk about themselves. Neither relationship has changed in 15 years of trying, so please know it is all fable that Charlene will EVER get along with either sister. They support their brother's choice by just being in the same space with Charlene, probably because he has stood by BOTH sisters for many years. But it is evident that they have, both sisters, PASSED the point of even appearing civil with Charlene and cannot even force themselves to PRETEND to get along with her or speak with her. I read last year that when she "disappeared" to South Africa for several months where she did not appear at all in Monaco, it was because she could not get along with the sisters and Albert was NOT standing up for her hoping it would all sort itself out. He SENT Caroline on "duty" to SA and had her make up with Charlene after which Charlene started to come back to Monaco .. BUT THIS TIME MOVED IN ! He gave her an apartment and bought her a car and got her a few endorsements so that she would have "her own money" to buy and send things for her friends/family without having to ask him for money.

I think Albert is genuinely in love with Charlene, but love is NOT everything, especially NOT in a fishbowl where he lives with his sister and her children. He seems to be trying to assess whether or not it is okay to marry the partner he wants in spite of the mess of emotions between them all, something Rainier apparently did since his sister did not like Grace at all and was abhorred to find her brother marrying a potato-farmer's granddaughter (says the granddaughter of a washerwoman).

All's fair .. right now, Albert will lose the support of his sisters when he marries Charlene and he is painfully aware of that. This is ONLY okay if Charlene can pull the same load as Caroline. Caroline will HAVE to pull out of quite a few patronages and hand them over to Charlene due to protocol.

Let us all see where this goes .. but it is evident with all body language that the sisters can barely tolerate Charlene .. who is happy only because Albert has been standing up for her. Photos show she is happiest when the sisters are not around ..

R.
where did you get this from,i read a different magazine i will try to post it later it said albert is the one paying charlene for staying on his side it about 4000eros a month, they did not said anything about caroline going to african to make up with her and that they are not getting along, the news papper also said if albert marry charlene that she will be happyto be taken care offby the familly,the papper also said the maid at the castle are learning english so they can communte with her, i dont think she is sad, albert have giving her everything expect the ring, onlytime will tell if he does and the choice is his not his sisters.
__________________
  #155  
Old 02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I agree with you, iloveroyals. No doubt, age leaves a mark on everyone, but Princess Caroline seems to have lost that girlish touch, that spark that made her so special, even in those terrible years after Stefano's death... There was then, such a strenght in her, you could see her shoping, go for a walk, playng joifully with her kids... Now, all that seems to be over. No more playing with Alex, no more beautiful relaxing moments. She looks distant ( so coldly Royal Highness ), tired and drained. She seems to have lost the will and the way to dress and make herself preety ( despite of how expensive her dresses may be ), she seems to have lost the will to glow. She looks lost and far away from herself... Besides, that dreadful haircut gives her such an heavy look. And, let's face it, neither her husband nor her Casi's kids seem to contibute in any way to her peace of mind...
You put it very well. I think it is most noticeable in the way she moves now. She always seemed to be dancing, whereas now she is stiff and almost always looks the same, whatever she is wearing or whatever the occasion. I am not saying she still does not have her moments, such as last summer on a boardwalk from her yacht, her walk was exactly the same as when she was 16, I think I posted the older picture. I am not saying she should have the body language of a sixteen year old either, but there was something very distinctive about her that seems (at least for the moment, and in my eyes) to be lost. She just seems more robotic now, but also, as I mentioned before, preoccupied. I am sure she always had her "preoccupied' moments before, but she seems to have lost her capacity to put them aside and "glow" as you say. Of course, it may just be the effect of aging (and I also wonder if her feet or legs hurt, as someone mentioned, which would explain the different walk and bearing: but here, I am getting into what's none of my business, I was just reacting to photographs.)
__________________
  #156  
Old 02-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 212
As with many relationships, in the end, it does not matter if the sisters get along with the future wife as long as the couple is strong with one another. Family crap should not stop people from getting married.

MM from Norway was a young, sporty party girl when she met her Prince and there was little education or actual training I state affairs for her either. She makes her husband and children very happy and this was primary for the Prince. He seems stronger from it and maybe this is the similar with PA and CW.

I think he will HAVE TO marry her this year or break off .. it cannot just drag on anymore.

R.
__________________
  #157  
Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ., Germany
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Do we know how prince Albert spent Christmas? In 2005 he was with Caroline and her family. I guess Steph and Caro always spend time with their families, but Albert...he may feel lonely those days. Maybe he spent Christmas with one of his sisters families.

Bunte stated a while ago that Albert and Charlene spent Christmas with Caroline and her family.
__________________
  #158  
Old 02-29-2008, 06:06 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
As with many relationships, in the end, it does not matter if the sisters get along with the future wife as long as the couple is strong with one another. Family crap should not stop people from getting married.

MM from Norway was a young, sporty party girl when she met her Prince and there was little education or actual training I state affairs for her either. She makes her husband and children very happy and this was primary for the Prince. He seems stronger from it and maybe this is the similar with PA and CW.

I think he will HAVE TO marry her this year or break off .. it cannot just drag on anymore.

R.
I think in the end, he will be much happier if it is the latter? If it has took him this long to figure out if he's in love with Charlene, or has any hesitations still now, I would say there is probably not enough there to survive a marriage, especially one that will be so much more demanding than most. I would have to say I can't imagine this is a strong couple, I don't see it being one of love and trust in each other. I can only predict what misery these two might have with the age difference and the change in status with Charlene when Albert kind of loses the upper hand. Think Diana? I think in Albert's posistion and especially his wife's it would be much easier if the wife got along well with the sisters, maybe she could even be the one to help unite them a little more. Maybe this will be a good year for Monaco and the family, let's hope so!
__________________
  #159  
Old 03-01-2008, 09:26 AM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Please remember that this thread is for the current events of the princely family, there are many other threads to talk about Albert and Charlene. Future off topic posts will be deleted.

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
  #160  
Old 03-19-2008, 03:21 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,307
Pics 18.3.2008

HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Stephanie of Monaco
visit the photos exposition of the ONG organisations at the Grimaldi
Forum on March 18, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Monaco

With that event the ONG organisations gave tribute to HSH Prince
Albert II for his 50th Birthday, but I post the pics here as it's not
a real birthday celebration and the ONG organisations should be
in the focus of attention.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Caroline & Family Current Events 3 : April 2007 - July 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 189 07-19-2007 03:42 PM
The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 2 (May 2006 - April 2007) Anna_R Current Events Archive 111 04-28-2007 10:44 PM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 13: December 2006 - February 2007 Anna_R Current Events Archive 192 02-24-2007 07:18 AM
Royal Family of Belgium: Current Events Part 5 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 204 01-04-2007 10:12 AM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 12: December 2006 Avalon Current Events Archive 185 12-27-2006 03:46 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]