Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, on united family photo op. I think see training look at Charlene when she was at the Red Rose Ball. She got bigger.

Sorry if off topic but I wonder is there any pic (family potrait) of Monaco royal family together which include the Glimadis and Casiraghi... :ermm:

<removed off topic part - tbhrc>Unlike previous years he is, if I see that properly some kind of costume. Usually he wears suit as did his father. He is sporting a red band around his neck and the vest resembles a little that of the Palladienne. He seems to be making in tradition and really being demonstrative in showing he is Monegasque. Maybe they will publish his speech, whic would be interesting to read seeing him in this outfit, but I find it odd that after all these years he suddenly turns up in what seems to be a traditional outfit. After all the trouble we have seen this summer this sudden change is a bit off. If that was an idea of Mme Stahl then IMO it is a bad one. They need to stop fiddling with his image and instead push him to do some work. Generally I don't mind traditional outfit for certain occasions, but when he traditionally turns up in a suit and tie and suddenly in this outfit, well then he really comes across as a clown and someone looking desperately for approval. Besides everyone else, except the folkgroups, is dressed casual as usual. There was no necessity for him to dress that way. I can't think of the English word for his action, but the German word is "anbiedern". Not sth a prince should do IMO.

Thanks for the pics tbhrc btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glistening Seas

:) well i think the outfits of Caroline and Earnest and the 2 darling children and PA are marvelous. Personally i think that if PA chose to wear this outfit then he "must" have wanted to for a "good" reason. Pa always looks marvelous and today is no different and his style change for "whatever" reason is not in poor taste imho. it's nice to see pics of him and his family. Is this picnic a yearly thing and if so what does it be celebrating does AnYoNe know:monacostandard::king4::princess::greatidea::innocent:

Thank you for the pictures from the last event, tbhrc, Nawal and Iceflower!
I can't say that I like Albert's traditional clothes, but it's a nice act to wear
them of course. Caroline looked great, fresh and natural, Alexandra was
cute as always, it is always like a present for the fans when Caroline takes her
to an event, so rare, I feel she did so more often when Alexandra was younger.

Glistening Seas

:) Um-m-m-m am i right about this. Didn't i see a pic of Pricess Grace wearing this red and white striped outfit and Stephanie (of course steph) looked quite unhappy to be wearing it but she was young, of course. Well, i had no idea this was monesque clothing a rare, but good glimpse at the history of Monaco. Well, all looked well, that color for alexandra was purfect as always Caroline and Ernest and Pa look great. Nice pics for those of us whom Monaco's history is not completely known is a refreshing change of pace. :bounce::monacostandard::greatidea::innocent:

:) Um-m-m-m am i right about this. Didn't i see a pic of Pricess Grace wearing this red and white striped outfit and Stephanie (of course steph) looked quite unhappy to be wearing it but she was young, of course. Well, i had no idea this was monesque clothing a rare, but good glimpse at the history of Monaco. Well, all looked well, that color for alexandra was purfect as always Caroline and Ernest and Pa look great. Nice pics for those of us whom Monaco's history is not completely known is a refreshing change of pace. :bounce::monacostandard::greatidea::innocent:
They don't usually wear them. Maybe they did while Grace was there and the kids were young, but in recent years none of them put those clothes on. And by the looks of it Albert was the only one to do. But I don't think that I remember Rainier wearing it at all, but then again there was never a doubt about him working for the prosperity of Monaco.

Hi everyone, the family looked great, and Albert looked nice and relaxed, He actually looked as if he lost weight. <removed off-topic part of post - tbhrc>

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the little blond haired boy in the pictures near Princess Caroline? I saw him in pictures from the picnic on other websites. He always seems to be with Caroline & Alexandra.

Do you think Alexandra like taking picture. She look sad.

What a strange outfit for Alexandra ! She looks like she was just picked up from the convent school and didn't have time to change. I wonder why she always looks so sullen on pictures. She used to be the funniest little baby and toddlerl, she made everybody smile around her. Now she looks like she carries the weight of the world's burden on her shoulders.

^ Yeah..she is in line to both Monaco and British throne...maybe quite burden to a little cute young girl like her..:flowers:

What a strange outfit for Alexandra ! She looks like she was just picked up from the convent school and didn't have time to change. I wonder why she always looks so sullen on pictures. She used to be the funniest little baby and toddlerl, she made everybody smile around her. Now she looks like she carries the weight of the world's burden on her shoulders.

Could be that she is still young to be asked to stand still and pay attention the whole time. She has started to attention functions on a regular basis and as she gets older we will be seeing her more. I guess Caroline wants her to get used to it. But is is tough for a kid to have to stand there and not fidget it would make most kids her age sullen too. She'd probably prefer going off to play.

Could be that she is still young to be asked to stand still and pay attention the whole time. She has started to attention functions on a regular basis and as she gets older we will be seeing her more. I guess Caroline wants her to get used to it. But is is tough for a kid to have to stand there and not fidget it would make most kids her age sullen too. She'd probably prefer going off to play.

Amen, I couldn't agree more! What is Alexandra...eight years old? Most children that age would throw a four alarm fit if asked to behave and be quiet on public view as much as that child has to!

I think she get bore real fast. And when you are bore you get sad.

^ Yeah..she is in line to both Monaco and British throne...maybe quite burden to a little cute young girl like her..:flowers:

how can she be in line to british throne? i thought because of ernst's wedding with a roman catholic, he wasn't in line to british line anymore? :ermm:...

anyway if she is in line to british throne, she must be 390th or 391 st or sth like that...bet it's not as stressful for her as for prince william :D:D:D i think she's just bored and if so, it would be very understanding...:flowers:

could someone explain it to me...please..

I don't think Alexandra in line for british you can't.

All of the comments about Alexandra being bored and everything are on the mark. I just find it strange that, as a little girl of 8, she was wearing such a drab dress (it would make anybody feel sad !), especially on a Monaco festival when the colors are supposed to be red and white, cheerful colors if there ever were. Caroline's outfit was splendid and sunny. I love her in skirts and tops, she always seems to get the combination right. Also, Alexandra must be in that transitional stage where she doesn't want to appear too cuddly and clingy with her mother in public as she was even two years ago, and doesn't yet have the funny facial expressions Charlotte often had at that age, that made her so endearing, a resourceful way to entertain herself and those around her during those boring events. Also, Caroline, from a very early age (or was it just the pictures I saw) always had this very alert, curious look about her, as if fascinated by all the going-ons, absorbing it all. No wonder she had that ease and poise from an early age, she had observed how adults behaved and spoke to dignitaries, and with that taste for experimenting for herself she is often credited with, she had learned to imitate those social manners from early on. Anyway, this is not to put down Alexandra, poor dear, she has her own personality and ways, just a couple of observations...

how can she be in line to british throne? i thought because of ernst's wedding with a roman catholic, he wasn't in line to british line anymore? :ermm:...

anyway if she is in line to british throne, she must be 390th or 391 st or sth like that...bet it's not as stressful for her as for prince william :D:D:D i think she's just bored and if so, it would be very understanding...:flowers:

could someone explain it to me...please..

I read it somewhere...I will try to find out later.. Maybe Prince Hannover not in line to the throne but I think his children do since she is not a Catholic. But if I am not mistaken, she is no 600 and above.. quite far...very very far... stressful like William? :D no way... that is tooooo stressful...;)

Glistening Seas

:flowers:Ohhh alexandra dress is a marvelous color for her, imho. it's quite in keeping with her coloring and looks quite nice. Most children that age don't sit still that long in front of the tv at home let alone in a public outing with all those marvelous other people there. Most childrens curiosity of other children is instinctive. So to find alexandra being still for as long as she is proves she a most well behaved child indeed. :innocent::rainbow::fireworks:

Last edited:

He isn't. However, that only applies to him, not automatically to his children as well. As long as his children aren't Catholic, they remain in line for the throne. Prince Michael of Kent is no longer in line for the throne because he married a Catholic, but his children remain in the line of succession.

I don't think Alexandra in line for british you can't.

Since Prince Ernst August chose to to raise his children in Protestant faith, they keet their places in the succession line.

Princess Alexandra is currently 391th in the line of the succession to the British Throne. Her elder half-brothers, Prince Ernst August Jn. and Prince Christian are also in the line of the succession (they are respectively 389th and 390th).

Last edited:
Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic, but isn't the Duchess of Cornwall a Roman Catholic too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom