The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:07 AM

They attended one of the Wiener concerts according to Isifa. On the Salzburg Festival site (www.salzburgfestival.at) it says the Wiener Philharmonic performs five times this summer. I wonder which performance the Hanovers and CW were photographed attending. Did they go to all five? Certainly they could not have been at the first of the five Wiener concerts because the first one was on the same night as the Red Cross Ball.

The Wiener this year performed music by Berlioz, Wagner, Strauss, Webern, Schubert. They began on 27 July and the last performance is on 30 August.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I was away on holiday/vacation for a couple of weeks, so I do not know if this pic/scan has been posted alreday. If so, feel free to remove it.

Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August attending the annual concert in Salzuburg along with Charlene Wittstock:

DIVAeDONNA

Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Caroline let her ride in the same car with her and her hubby? and sit next to her? Wow! For someone who supposedly does not like her, I'm very suprised by this picture.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

I wouldn't read too much into the supposed gesture - there is yet to be a picture where Charlene appears to be a "part" of the event when it comes to the Pss Caroline and Stephanie. She just seems to be "there," not that she's included in converstation, or anything. Even at the Formula 1 - was anyone really talking to her, or was she just standing around......
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Caro usually goes to the Salzburg Festival while she is at Ernst's Austrian property which is nearby; so the question is, did Charlene fly all the way to Salzburg for a single concert or was she Caro's guest? The second seems more likely as Charlene doesn't seem such a classical music lover to go all the way from Monaco just for the concert...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I like that coat Caroline wears, a bit tent like in that profile picture. Isn't it a sixities style that a designer (I forget who) made popular ? Anyway, it suits her, it's both elegant and casual.
Not to read too much in that picture, espcially since I am not sure of the angle of the glance, but it seems Ernst is checking on Charlene, making sure she stays included in the group. Ernst, at any rate, from the pictures I have seen, always seems to talk and kid everyone. I remember some pictures when Caroline seemed a bit frosty toward her sister, and he'd be photographed laughing with her.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Caro usually goes to the Salzburg Festival while she is at Ernst's Austrian property which is nearby; so the question is, did Charlene fly all the way to Salzburg for a single concert or was she Caro's guest? The second seems more likely as Charlene doesn't seem such a classical music lover to go all the way from Monaco just for the concert...
I vote for the second option too.
Quote:
Originally posted by Horseygal
I wouldn't read too much into the supposed gesture - there is yet to be a picture where Charlene appears to be a "part" of the event when it comes to the Pss Caroline and Stephanie. She just seems to be "there," not that she's included in converstation, or anything. Even at the Formula 1 - was anyone really talking to her, or was she just standing around

I think the Casiraghis and their friends made efforts to include her in conversation, but I don't remember her talking to Caroline.
Ernst always seems reasonably pleasant to Charlene, though. Like when they sat together at the Red Cross Ball last year, and at the F1 Grand Prix, he spoke to her a bit and they seemed to be laughing. But these pictures in Diva e Donna are very awkward. They make the viewer (at least me) uncomfortable just looking at them.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Nobility

^ they make me feel sorry for Caroline for having to endure Charlene!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I vote for the second option too.

[/i]
I think the Casiraghis and their friends made efforts to include her in conversation, but I don't remember her talking to Caroline.
Ernst always seems reasonably pleasant to Charlene, though. Like when they sat together at the Red Cross Ball last year, and at the F1 Grand Prix, he spoke to her a bit and they seemed to be laughing. But these pictures in Diva e Donna are very awkward. They make the viewer (at least me) uncomfortable just looking at them.
That's the thing I find interesting is there appears to be a shift in attitude toward her. Last year they were indeed very friendly and you had all sorts of pictures of them chatting happily away. This year it's almost as if there is an invisible wall or something. So far there haven't really been pics of them chatting or including her if they were chatting happily away you would think the tabloids would be eager to show this as more evidence of an announcement.The whole thing just seems strange to me.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

i'm curious if she was invited to stay with caro at their home or just came in for a brief "united family" photo op. i never noticed charlenes "man hands" but in the car photo OMG they're huge!!!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Yes, on united family photo op. I think see training look at Charlene when she was at the Red Rose Ball. She got bigger.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry if off topic but I wonder is there any pic (family potrait) of Monaco royal family together which include the Glimadis and Casiraghi...
Old 09-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Princess Caroline, Prince Ernst August, Prince Albert, Princess Alexandra, Princess Antoinette and Melanie de Massy attend the annual pique nique in Monaco.

http://i11.tinypic.com/4za39n9.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/6buw7e0.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/6gj70k3.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/4z9mgzn.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/67mzpy1.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/5z6hxqv.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/61tchsz.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/5yvdhc5.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/4zdykrd.jpg
Old 09-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Caroline, Alexandra and Ernst today in Monaco:
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3...01nim11hk8.jpg

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

<removed off topic part - tbhrc>Unlike previous years he is, if I see that properly some kind of costume. Usually he wears suit as did his father. He is sporting a red band around his neck and the vest resembles a little that of the Palladienne. He seems to be making in tradition and really being demonstrative in showing he is Monegasque. Maybe they will publish his speech, whic would be interesting to read seeing him in this outfit, but I find it odd that after all these years he suddenly turns up in what seems to be a traditional outfit. After all the trouble we have seen this summer this sudden change is a bit off. If that was an idea of Mme Stahl then IMO it is a bad one. They need to stop fiddling with his image and instead push him to do some work. Generally I don't mind traditional outfit for certain occasions, but when he traditionally turns up in a suit and tie and suddenly in this outfit, well then he really comes across as a clown and someone looking desperately for approval. Besides everyone else, except the folkgroups, is dressed casual as usual. There was no necessity for him to dress that way. I can't think of the English word for his action, but the German word is "anbiedern". Not sth a prince should do IMO.

Thanks for the pics tbhrc btw.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Serene Highness

Glistening Seas

well i think the outfits of Caroline and Earnest and the 2 darling children and PA are marvelous. Personally i think that if PA chose to wear this outfit then he "must" have wanted to for a "good" reason. Pa always looks marvelous and today is no different and his style change for "whatever" reason is not in poor taste imho. it's nice to see pics of him and his family. Is this picnic a yearly thing and if so what does it be celebrating does AnYoNe know
Old 09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics from yesterday, it was great to see them
all together at that event:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6
Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Gentry

Noticias breves de actualidad

with Caroline and Ernst
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the pictures from the last event, tbhrc, Nawal and Iceflower!
I can't say that I like Albert's traditional clothes, but it's a nice act to wear
them of course. Caroline looked great, fresh and natural, Alexandra was
cute as always, it is always like a present for the fans when Caroline takes her
to an event, so rare, I feel she did so more often when Alexandra was younger.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

Um-m-m-m am i right about this. Didn't i see a pic of Pricess Grace wearing this red and white striped outfit and Stephanie (of course steph) looked quite unhappy to be wearing it but she was young, of course. Well, i had no idea this was monesque clothing a rare, but good glimpse at the history of Monaco. Well, all looked well, that color for alexandra was purfect as always Caroline and Ernest and Pa look great. Nice pics for those of us whom Monaco's history is not completely known is a refreshing change of pace.