Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 7: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Exactly. It's a yearly competition for Monegasques pupils, established by Prince Rainier in 1981. If you look through this and older current events thread you'll find pics of members of the family attending the awards ceremony in various years.

Here's some more information:

** rivieratimes.com: Keeping the Monegasque language alive **

I've always been interested in translation... thank you to both of you for providing the links!

Thank you for the video azure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Fantastic surprise in Monaco today!

Albert and Charlene brought the twins to the annual picnic in Monaco. And to put the cherry on the cake ;) the twins wore the traditional costumes - sooo cute! :)

Elisabeth-Anne and Melanie were present as well!

** gettyimages gallery **

Lovely photos and indeed what a surprise and the traditional Monégasque costumes were very cute!

I strongly suspected they would bring the twins to the picnic today and that they would have them in national dress, so glad I was right because the pictures are beautiful.

Ahh, such gorgeous pictures. The twins are just adorable. Charlene looks beautiful. Very elegant. Chic casual.

I love this family. :flowers:

I can't help but noting how much Princess Gabriella resebles her father! I can cleary spot the Kelly genes!

Still, must they stick that pacifier in Gabriella's mouth? In the last pictures I saw, she had one too.

I hate those things! Jacques doesn't seem to need one so why?

Fantastic surprise in Monaco today!

Albert and Charlene brought the twins to the annual picnic in Monaco. And to put the cherry on the cake ;) the twins wore the traditional costumes - sooo cute! :)

Elisabeth-Anne and Melanie were present as well!

** gettyimages gallery **

Ihihihih... :lol: That's all that comes to my mind... The babies are lovely. And i simply love to see Gabriella so «formal» in her little traditional costume and with the pacifire in her mouth... A must!!!

Love that they wore the traditional outfits.
Jacques looks identical to Charlene and Gabriella more like her father's side

Nice family pics. Also, it's good that the kids hair is starting to come in.

Awww, the twins are adorable. I love the small version of the Monegasque national dress! In one of the Daily Mail photos there are three little girls with Albert and Charlene, and two of them aren't wearing the black frilly top the other little girl is wearing, are those tops an additional part of the national dress?

Still, must they stick that pacifier in Gabriella's mouth? In the last pictures I saw, she had one too.

I hate those things! Jacques doesn't seem to need one so why?

I agree with the bolded, and especially with twins it would seem easier for them both to not have one and vice versa. I don't have anything against dummies on babies but I dislike seeing them on toddlers and small children because IMO they are too old for them. I remember seeing old photos of Camille once, and she still seemed to have her dummy at the age of six (not that I'm saying Gabriella will be the same, by the way. Some children can grow out of their dummies).

Aww, so cute! Lovely pictures and a great idea to dress them in national costume. They are a beautiful family. I look forward to see them develop and grow up, taking their places in Monaco.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Great pictures, love the way the babies are so enthralled with dancers and children. Do wish I could see Gabriella without pacifier too. So nice to have them in costume, just love, love it!

So lovely to see the whole family. How Jacques looks like his mother, amazing !

Golly what's wrong with a dummy better than her screaming. Parents choice and none of our business
I do love that it's red and matches her outfit. Good luck to them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Awww, the twins are adorable. I love the small version of the Monegasque national dress! In one of the Daily Mail photos there are three little girls with Albert and Charlene, and two of them aren't wearing the black frilly top the other little girl is wearing, are those tops an additional part of the national dress?

I agree with the bolded, and especially with twins it would seem easier for them both to not have one and vice versa. I don't have anything against dummies on babies but I dislike seeing them on toddlers and small children because IMO they are too old for them. I remember seeing old photos of Camille once, and she still seemed to have her dummy at the age of six (not that I'm saying Gabriella will be the same, by the way. Some children can grow out of their dummies).

Apparently, ..... I see very few 12 year olds in this area with a pacifier in their mouths. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing anyone over the age of two (if then) with one in their mouth. :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

OMG. these babies are the cutest little things ever. i'm in serious cuteness overdose. how adorable! albert and charlene must be so proud.

The twins are beautiful and thriving. Too adorable to put them in mini-Monegasque costume, and they are growing hair to boot!:p

But I agree with everyone who expresses concern about Gabriella and the pacifier. She had one at her baptism, at Albert's enthronement celebrations, at their photo session in June, and now today. I want to see her pretty little face for a change. Does she cry and throw a fit if you take it away from her?:ermm:

If a baby has a dummy or not is the parents decision same as when to start toilet training. There is no problem with babies having dummies in fact some studies into SIDS show it helps. If being taken out in front of a whole lot of strangers and children upset her I would rather she had her comfort item eg. Dummy than been upset just to please people.
As I have often said to the parents of the babies and children I cared for. They won't start school with a dummy and in nappies so relax and enjoy your baby and don't listen to the know all's who know nothing about your baby. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 7: April 2013 -

Apparently, ..... I see very few 12 year olds in this area with a pacifier in their mouths. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing anyone over the age of two (if then) with one in their mouth. :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

Oh lol, now I realise that sentence sounded a bit strange. What I was trying to say was that some children grow out of their dummies quicker than others so Gabriella might grow out of hers by the time she is a toddler, or even earlier.

In my area (I live in the London suburbs) it's defiantly not unusual for small children (between the ages of 2-5) to have dummies, but most of them only use them at night as I've rarely seen a child older than two with a dummy in public. I remember my mother saying that when my cousin was a small child, to try and get her to stop using her dummies my aunt would hide them around the house, however my cousin would still manage to work out where they were. She obviously grew out of having a dummy though!

Last edited:
I love little Gabriella in her Monegasque dress. And Jacques is really growing into his looks(if that makes sense).

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh little Gabriella with this dress is soooo cute :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom