Prince Rainier & Princess Grace Pictures Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have noticed in many photos, prince Rainier is smoking

Zubiaur, I have no words........... The pics are astonishing.:eek:

I would like to tell one story.

In 1974, Prince Rainier of Monaco bought one of Faberge eggs, which is called the Imperial Blue Serpent Egg for his wife Princess Grace; it was commissioned in 1887 by Tsar Alexander for his wife Maria. Thanks to their son it was later displayed at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

http://i41.tinypic.com/aoxrgg.jpg (1974)

Zubiaur, I have no words........... The pics are astonishing.:eek:

I would like to tell one story.

In 1974, Prince Rainier of Monaco bought one of Faberge eggs, which is called the Imperial Blue Serpent Egg for his wife Princess Grace; it was commissioned in 1887 by Tsar Alexander for his wife Maria. Thanks to their son it was later displayed at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

http://i41.tinypic.com/aoxrgg.jpg (1974)

Thanks for the impressive pics, Zubiar.

Allow me to share with you though what I read ... yes, Prince Rainier did give the Imperial Blue Serpent Egg to Princess Grace, but he did not buy it. It was a gift to him by shipping magnate Stavros Niarchos for his Silver Jubilee in 1974.

Princess Grace adored this gift so much especially since she was obsessed with the tragic Czarina Alexandra accdg to her biography. She loved to read biographies of other royals, and Alexandra Romanov was a favorite.

What is ironic though is that in the book Nicolas and Alexandra, there was a footnote in which George Balanchine, the famous dancer, described the Russian Empress. He said that she was very beautiful, like Grace Kelly!!! George Balanchine worked with Grace as she consulted him a lot when she was trying to revive the Ballet tradition of Monte Carlo.

I will try to get the actual page number of that detail. I found it astounding that the author of the book, Robert Massie, chose to use the comparison with Grace Kelly to demonstrate how stunningly beautiful Alexandra was. By the way, the book was published in 1967.:)

Glistening Seas

:rose:We never heard about the faberge egg that Pss Grace received. Does anyone have a pic of it??
:rose:You often hear so much about the eggs and some wonder what all the fuss was about them. however, of the 1 or 2 that we have see they are quite beautiful! :heartflower::rose::bee:

:rose:We never heard about the faberge egg that Pss Grace received. Does anyone have a pic of it??
:rose:You often hear so much about the eggs and some wonder what all the fuss was about them. however, of the 1 or 2 that we have see they are quite beautiful! :heartflower::rose::bee:

Here you go. Enjoy.:)

Mieks Fabergé Eggs

Please,take a look in other things royal,in royal weddings,at the wedding of prince Rainier and Grace.There are many high quality photos in big size of the wedding:flowers:

Change font color...too bright!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures.I like so much the Balenciaga ball gown of the second pic:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone have some pics of Grance and Reinier's 25 aniversary pics?

Lovely pics.They are so natural here:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom