The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Prince Rainier and Princesse Grace at a spanish wedding of little girl of Franco and a Prince of Borbon !(sorry I don't remember of his namme !!!:o ) 70s
Princess Grace was invited to dance a flamenco !:p but Rainier doesn't look very interested by her wife's performs !!:p

(PDV)

Old 05-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics everyone

In the pics you posted Nina, they were attending one of the wedding celebrations of Luis Alfonso of Borbon and Carmen Martinez Bordiu in 1971/1972.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Majesty

Ullstein Bild

Old 06-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Nobility

Thanks Tbhrc I love that pics !! Thanks a lot !
some more from pdv and news.com

Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 AM
Courtier

In the photo where the wedding dress is in the background, is Grace pregnant with Caroline?

Ann
Old 06-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Nobility

Yes Absoluttly !:)
Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 AM
Gentry

Thanks for these pictures. I had never seen any of them before. Thanks again. They are really interesting.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Some from Neue Revue:

Old 06-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

those are really beautiful pics thanks tbhrc
Old 06-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Oh gosh, they are just my favorite couple EVER! They looked so happy throughout their WHOLE marriage, they had something really special. I think it's safe to say that Grace was the love of Rainier's life, and vice versa. Any objections?

Ani
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
princess108105

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
Oh gosh, they are just my favorite couple EVER! They looked so happy throughout their WHOLE marriage, they had something really special. I think it's safe to say that Grace was the love of Rainier's life, and vice versa. Any objections?

Ani
i don't want to start anything, but Oleg Cassini was, to me, the love of her life. about Rainier, I don't know, she may have been.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Posted by: princess108105
-i don't want to start anything, but Oleg Cassini was, to me, the love of her life. about Rainier, I don't know, she may have been.

That's okay, he might have very well been hers, but I just love them together SO MUCH, that I like to believe that they were each other's loves, I'm sappy like that!

Ani
Old 06-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess108105
i don't want to start anything, but Oleg Cassini was, to me, the love of her life. about Rainier, I don't know, she may have been.
I think, during a press conference before Grace and Rainier married, Grace said that she would learn to love Rainier. Doesn't sound as if she was head over heels.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Nobility

I believe that in later years, she has learned to accept her decision with more enthusiasm than in the earlier years where she was hurt by the end of her acting career. Along with this acceptance is, I believe, a genuine love and adoration for her husband. She has gone 100 % to being the perfect Princess, Wife and Mother, and I feel that such a commitment is brought about by a realization that she married the right man after all.

Oleg, I feel, was a great love but also represented the other life that she could have led -- that is pursue acting as a lifelong career. That's why she might have found it difficult to completely forget him. But as far as the love of her life is concerned, I'm sure she has accepted that it was Rainier. According to their latest biography, she and Rainier became much more enamored with one another in the last few years of her life. Lizanne even recalled a conversation where Grace couldn't wait to get home to Monace because she missed Rainier terribly :)
Old 06-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Majesty

Here is another great pic from Science&Society Picture Library

Old 07-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Nobility

Taking some sun… looking so elegant.
(farabola)

Old 07-18-2006, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

Fab picture thank you for posting them !!!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Majesty

A nice gallery with pictures of Grace and Rainier - Link
Old 01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Gentry

That is a vey nice collection of photographs

It is a shame they had to attach such a pessimistic caption to them. Asking if their happy marriage was actually a fairy tale. On a brighter note, but off topic I saw your video on YouTube, Tbhrc. It is lovely. Great job
Old 03-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Administrator

Two pics of the couple:

Grace and Rainier
Rainier and Grace