The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Aristocracy

^Of course, She said in many interviews that she is considering making some movie and hoping to get back soon. Unfortunately, she died before anything happened. In my opinion, her job as princess did more 'good' things than her acting carrer. She was definitely beautiful actress, but let's face it, she was no Katherine Hepburn and her role in movies was rather to shine with her looks and refreshment. It think she a little stiff in her movies, though I like them very much! As a princess, she helped the others, did something for poor people. But what is most important she made a beatiful family and rebuilt Monaco with her connections, looks. Monaco is Grace Kelly!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

ImageShack - Hosting :: onceuponatimepg374kz0.jpg

From "Once Upon a Time", by Jerry Taraborrelli (2003)

Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

I have a question. One of Princess Grace's biographies says that she's been through several miscarriages. Is it true? Could somebody tell me when those happened?Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
I have a question. One of Princess Grace's biographies says that she's been through several miscarriages. Is it true? Could somebody tell me when those happened?Thanks.
Yes, it's true. The years are: 1959, 1961 and 1967.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post
Oh, thanks, mdeledda
You're welcome.

-------------------------------------

First Meet (May 6, 1955)

ImageShack - Hosting :: firstmeet001ao3.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: firstmeet002rj6.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: firstmeet003hq8.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: firstmeet004dv7.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: firstmeet005az3.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: firstmeet006cu0.jpg
Old 09-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the photos .
I think that the dress Grace wore the day she met prince Rainier is beautiful.Regards
Old 09-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Here's a pic of Grace and Rainier leaving a restaurant at
the Broadway in New York in late 1969

----> Grace and Rainier in 1969
Old 10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula** View Post
I think Grace was the most beautiful Princess of her time, and maybe all times ...
Have to agree with you because the more pics I see the more I agree......
Old 10-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree too.She had perfect factions,she was elegant,glamorous,she is an icon of style.She was a perfect princess ,a fairytale princess.
When I visited the exposition of Grace kelly,it was a dream come true...Her marvellous wedding dress,the jewels,her hats ,gloves and the ball dresses...She had an exquisite taste.If possible,I recommend to all her fans to visit the next expositions of Rome and London next year.It is a marvellous experience.Kind regards
Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here's a pic of Grace and Rainier leaving a restaurant at
the Broadway in New York in late 1969

----> Grace and Rainier in 1969
Interesting picture iceflower; If you look at Rainier, you see that Stephanie's lips are a copy of his. Never seen it before. Do you agree?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Nobility

Oh, that horrible dress!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Aristocracy

As a Catholic consort to a reigning prince, wouldn't tradition dictate that Princess Grace would wear white when meeting the Pope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post
Prince Rainier and Princess Grace visiting the Pope - ITN Stills Part 2

Oh, I guess not...

Privilège du blanc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilated View Post
Oh, that horrible dress!
That dress got so criticized because Grace herself did not like it. Accdg to biographies, it was the only one that was did not require ironing as there was no electricity in Cannes that day; thus, Grace had no choice but to wear it.

However, it is actually a great dress for this particular occasion. As the pictures are mostly black and white, the drama of the print was very spot on. Also, Grace further enhanced the bold floral print by wearing her headband with little flowers. This made her outfit appear more intentional than just being the accidental one.

Personally, I find it beautiful. Very 50's, of course, but when it is on a tall, slim, beautifully built Hollywood Queen, it sure acquires a certain magic.

Besides, I doubt if Grace really found this dress ugly. Why will you bring this to the Cannes Film Festival -- such a prestigious and public event?

Anyway, I think at this point of her Hollywood superstardom, Grace Kelly could do no wrong fashion wise
Old 10-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

In my opinion ,it is beautiful.I have seen it in the Grace kelly exhibition and it has beautiful yellow and rose flowers and the rest is black.This is a good contrast of colours,of course, it is my opinion....
Old 12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

These photos are of Grace, the day she arrived Monaco:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hcdk5h.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2rgf5ab.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2w3vw5w.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2igja1c.jpg
Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Nobility

The photos that were taken of her that day, I think are some of my very favorite photos of her.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another photo of Rainier and Grace:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ivi1rd.jpg
Rainier and Grace in the palace´s garden:
http://i39.tinypic.com/rwj3p3.jpg
Old 12-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Commoner

I found this somewhere.. I don't remember..

*Grace and Rainier having a conversation.. Grace was pregnant with either Caroline or Albert..

*Someone took this very candid picture of Grace and Rainier! I think this was at their engagement party at Waldorf-Astoria?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

You are welcome to the forum.Thanks for the photos
Old 12-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you SatineCharm the first one is probably one of my all time favorites, you can sense their happiness and special magic, Grace looks so contented and in love.
There are few "cuddling" "huggy" "overly-affectionate" type photos of them, so these are extra special
welcome

Closed Thread