Prince Rainier: a father, a grandfather....

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great pic, full of joy and laughter..Thanks Michelle :)

Rainier with Louis

( Monte Carlo Press)

Attachments

• L_Dsc_0044.JPG
    L_Dsc_0044.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 435
Rainier with his girls

Thought it would be nice to see loving momets between Rainier and his three leading ladies.

With Stephanie:

With Caroline:

With Grace:

Source(michelle ,corbis,sebastian,monaco70)

Will post more later

To add some more..:)

Source; Corbis, Abaca, Bruno Press

Attachments

• 1998_3 Musketira.jpg
    1998_3 Musketira.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 381
  • 2002_circus.jpg
    2002_circus.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 1988_MND.jpg
    1988_MND.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 2002_Rainier and camille circus.jpg
    2002_Rainier and camille circus.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 339
Radker18, this is a very nice thread. Great idea... :)

Please don't hotlink off of other sites. This drains their bandwidth, and also, many times photos are removed after a certain period of time. Please either upload photos to an account such as photobucket or imageshack (which has an unlimited amount of storage space) and then post photos this way. All photos that are hotlinked will be deleted. Also, don't forget to credit your sources!

Ianna said:
To add some more..:)

Source; Corbis, Abaca, Bruno Press

I love the last one, Ianna, seems as if Camille was nearly to small to see anything :)

iceflower said:
I love the last one, Ianna, seems as if Camille was nearly to small to see anything :)

I love to see pics of Rainier with his grandchildren! It was said that he used to carry a big wallet with him all the time. The wallet was not filled with bank notes, but with A LOT of pictures of his children and grandchildren. He would always show the pictures to everyone.:)

Beautiful photo of Stephanie and Rainier..Father's love for youngest one..Smiles say everything we need to know..:)

ea4kt1.jpg

Souce; keystone images

Prince Rainier on the day of his enthronement. (grazia neri)

Suonymona said:
Is it just me that cannot see Tosca's photos?

I was able to see Tosca's photo of Prince Rainier...and I have to see he looked quite dashing as a young man. :)

Same problem again. I think Tosca is using ImageShack or Photobucket. So Tosca, some of us can't see the pics your posting, maybe you could also post the direct link to the pics, that all of us are able to see them. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Thanks Piewi for posting the link. It's really strange, I can't see the directly posted pics but I don't have problems with the links.

BTW great pic, thanks... :)

Pictures of Rainier with the in-laws

I never really see pictures of Rainier with his daughters husbands or previous boyfriends. Please post if you have. Maybe some pics could shed some light on the relationships of these men. Also if you have any sources that discuss the nature of thier relationships please post. Thanks!

I only have pics of Rainier and Ernst August. Here they are at the 1998 Rose Ball.

From APL

ftirtl.jpg

ftiruu.jpg

ftiryw.jpg

hmmm...these pictures dont really say "affectionate bond" to me.

Ranier I think has pretty much not warmed up to any of Stephanie boyfriends or husbands and I think he liked Ernst but that about it. Normal Father they never like the boys their girls like.

RADKER18 said:
Normal Father they never like the boys their girls like.
I would not say that normally fathers don't like their daughter's boyfriends or men, some do and some don't, one cannot generalize that.

Here is the only official pic of Rainier and Daniel together:
ftklkz.jpg

(dpa)

RADKER18 said:
Ranier I think has pretty much not warmed up to any of Stephanie boyfriends or husbands and I think he liked Ernst but that about it. Normal Father they never like the boys their girls like.

As far as I have been informed, he did like Stefano and supported him in a lot of his businesses (i.e. heliport). They had a lot of plans together for MC (which some of the wealthy and influential families did not appreciate btw) which where of cause ended by his tragic death. He did respect E-A, due to higher rank but did not at all approve some of his public behaviour. And apparently E-A is considered quite a likeable chap among his peers. I think with Stefanies men, he just had difficulties finding common ground, since they were so different in background and education, but generally he just wanted both his daughters to be happy in their lives. He was very well aware of how far his parental authority would be productive and when it would turn to be counterproductive.

paca said:
He did respect E-A, due to higher rank but did not at all approve some of his public behaviour. And apparently E-A is considered quite a likeable chap among his peers. I think with Stefanies men, he just had difficulties finding common ground, since they were so different in background and education, but generally he just wanted both his daughters to be happy in their lives. He was very well aware of how far his parental authority would be productive and when it would turn to be counterproductive.

True about Stefano, and wanting his girls to be happy. He said that when asked about Steph's marriage to Adans. He said something like - above all, he was a father who wanted happy children. He liked Ernst. Yet I also heard that he was worried about Ernst's temper. He was afraid that one day Ernst's temper would boil over, and that Caroline or one of his grandchildren (the trio & Alex) will get hit or something. Not that it ever happened, but his concern was understandable. As for Stephanie's men, he liked Paul Belmondo and Ron Bloom, the American music producer.

Last edited:
Rainier and his little girl Stephanie ...

i6ectd.jpg

(BdP)

Well, the book I have it from says it is Stephanie. But I wasn't too sure either. The sisters look so much alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom