Prince Albert & his sisters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulina

Gentry
City
San Francisco
Country
United States
I haven't seen this discussed here, though it might have been discussed. I have now read everything I can on my longtime favorite royals (I like others, too, though!)

I read that Albert is close to his Kelly cousins and that his sisters are close to some of them, too. Does anyone know what Albert's relationship is like with his two sisters? Is he closer to Stephanie or Caroline or does he have different close relationships with both?

It seems to me that Albert is very bright and will be a good successor to his father. He also speaks perfect, unaccented American English (debate whether American English can ever be considered perfect or unaccented, depending on your frame of reference :lol: ) He seems like he could blend in well in the US

Caroline and Stephanie seem more European to me. Do they ever come to the US? Do they feel half American in any way? Honestly, if they want to get away from the prying Europapparazzi, they should come here. You can be incognito if you want. It's a big country and people are a bit more respectful. At least I think our media might be more than the European media. (?? Agree, disagree?)

:flower: Hi Paulina!
Albert is very close to his two sisters. He has diferrent relationships with both but there is a lot of love between Albert and Caroline and Albert and Stephanie.
The two princesses feel half american too. Caroline has an american way to work, which is really efficient. She goes to america most of the time for official events.
Stephanie came to US too, but fewer times than Caroline.
By the way, I don't think they will be incignito if they live oversea in US. In this country, they are as well-known as in France: they are the daughters of Princess Grace, the american princess !

I always thought Albert seemed to embrace him American heritage more than his sisters, too. Maybe much of it had to do with the years he spent at Amherst. Caroline seems completely European to me (though her English is almost as good as Albert's), and Stephanie, well, she's somewhere in between. What an amalgam between American trailer-park, and European aristocracy!

The Euro gossip magazines should give Stephanie and Caroline lots of money for keeping them in business!

Caroline's English is excellent and she has a French (?) accent, so it is kind of hard to believe she is Albert's sister, since he does speak English w/an American accent. Stephanie also sounds more American to me.

I tend to believe he gets along with both, but it looks like the three of them can't be in the same room together.

Originally posted by btsnyder@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:19 am
What an amalgam between American trailer-park, and European aristocracy!
Ouch! But maybe that´s why we find them so interesting as well! :p

He's close to both of them. But from what I heard, he was "always" closer to Stephanie. But he gets along with Caroline very well too.

Originally posted by Paulina@Jun 10th, 2004 - 3:00 am
Honestly, if they want to get away from the prying Europapparazzi, they should come here. You can be incognito if you want. It's a big country and people are a bit more respectful. At least I think our media might be more than the European media. (?? Agree, disagree?)
I don´t think that the country is the problem, but the places to which they go! Caroline is almost always findable at the common rombing places of the high society. The same with Stephanie... Steph is additonally also a lot in the "circus world". But that this causes more attention than a middle class life as well is clear!

And talking about the USA and Paparazzos: they are as greedy as the Europeans. And even less (in the USA) known european Royals were photographed a lot in the USA (esp. east coast). They don´t have a use for these pictures in their own country, but when they sell it to European agencies then this is a lucrative extra plus for their moneybags!

Albert is very close to Stephanie.

Albert speaks perfect New England English with an American accent. He was always intersted in America. He was facinated by it.

Caroline's English is a curios mixture of upper crust British and American. With an unusal British/American accent from all her time at school in England. Remember Albert is the only child educated in America.

Stephanie also speaks American English.

I just thought the two of them are far too gorgeous together - so they should have a thread together :)

(corbis & telepress)

The Two :)

(sipa, corbis and own)

Attachments

• al looks like louis.jpg
    al looks like louis.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 623
  • al&steph.jpg
    al&steph.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 520
  • 0000190599-005.jpg
    0000190599-005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 767
  • Steph and Al.jpg
    Steph and Al.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 523
  • 00447061_000060.bro.jpg
    00447061_000060.bro.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 523
  • 00462548_000007.bro.jpg
    00462548_000007.bro.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 378
  • carolinemonaco60.jpg
    carolinemonaco60.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,515
  • stephanie8_gr.jpg
    stephanie8_gr.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,384
  • aa2.JPG
    aa2.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 502
  • zumalive185914.jpg
    zumalive185914.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 0000349922-001.jpg
    0000349922-001.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 438
  • 1648041.jpg
    1648041.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 435
  • just us.jpg
    just us.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 504
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 497
Last edited by a moderator:
sebastian said:
I just thought the two of them are far too gorgeous together - so they should have a thread together :)

(corbis & telepress)
I agree great idea will assist if they ever figure out why my pc won't do attachments.

Yes, Stephanie and Albert are the perfect example of what unconditional love should be between siblings. Come to think of it, they may not have found the perfect mates, but at least they have each other. :)

I love the second pic in the first batch of pictures - young Albie holding baby Steph. Thanks, Sebastian!

I especially like the 9th pic of the second set...so cute with the buch of kiddos :p

Stephy and Bebert :)

(corbis, olyncom)

Attachments

• 000019w55.jpg
    000019w55.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 537
  • 000002w33.jpg
    000002w33.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 486
  • 0000344763-014.jpg
    0000344763-014.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Does anybody know what Caroline and Alberts relationship is like?
Do you think that there's any less endearment there or do you think the media tends to publicize Albert and Stephanie's reationship more, ie. taking more intimate pics of them and publishing as oppose to with Caroline. The press certainly seems to do that with Caroline and Stephanie's sisterly relationship wheneve they choose to.

Enjoying themselves smiles and giggles.

U2158077.jpg
0000375840-043.jpg
UT0003843.jpg
UT0003841.jpg

Sorry Corbis.Com

Last edited:
Sweet pix , LadyMacAlpine :) They are so cute together :)

Lashinka, I think Albert is very close to Caroline as well. He probably is somewhat closer to Steph....he always said that this was the case from the beginning, meaning Steph's birth. He's the 'big brother', he's her confident, her best friend.
This doesn't mean Caro is out of this. You're right the press picks out the photos that feature their stories best; if they wanna show a bad relationship between the two sisters they pic out photos were they're looking into different directions to 'proof' their story. It's true that a closeness like we always recognize between Al and Steph doesn't obviously exist to that extend between Steph and Caro and Al and Caro...I don't know, maybe Caro is not one of those who need this kind of obvious affection all the time...it's probably not what she wants or is like. There is affection between Caro and her siblings, I often saw it, but it's not that striking maybe....

This is meant as a serious question. Suppose Stephanie, Caroline and Albert are having a VERY bad day at their palace and some guests arrive. Do they ever get to throw them out with excessive force or do they always have to be nice to these people?

David

Please remember to give credit to your source when posting photographs. Any photos that are not properly credited will be deleted. Also remember that a photo is not considered to be your "own source" unless you yourself have taken the photo.

This is a great idea for a thread, Sebastian! I believe that Albert and Stephanie have a very good relationship and it is clear from the photos that Albert is a great older brother who very much cares about his sisters.

Michelle posted a picture of the two in another thread that took place not long after the car accident that killed Princess Grace and nearly killed Stephanie. Although it only shows Albert holding Stephanie's hand I see it as a sign of Albert's care.

Image: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=183289

Original Post: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=268308&postcount=2

Last edited:
sebastian said:

(corbis & telepress)
I must say I do adore the second photo of Albert holding baby Steph. He looks happy even then with his little sis.

grim_lady said:
This is a great idea for a thread, Sebastian! I believe that Albert and Stephanie have a very good relationship and it is clear from the photos that Albert is a great older brother who very much cares about his sisters.

Michelle posted a picture of the two in another thread that took place not long after the car accident that killed Princess Grace and nearly killed Stephanie. Although it only shows Albert holding Stephanie's hand I see it as a sign of Albert's care.

Image: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=183289

Original Post: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=268308&postcount=2

I love that photo very much as well, I mean the sign it gives....it's so sweet of him. They also walked hand in hand after Stefano's funeral

Albert and Stephanie at Stefano's funeral

( Steph held Alberts hand during the whole funeral ).

( own col. + eastnews ) :)

Attachments

• albertmonaco17.jpg
    albertmonaco17.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 484
  • d1.JPG
    d1.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 408
  • f29.JPG
    f29.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,258
  • mo2.JPG
    mo2.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 312
  • mo36.JPG
    mo36.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 326
  • mo80.JPG
    mo80.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 456
  • mo132.JPG
    mo132.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • prev675.jpg
    prev675.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 526
  • post-13-1074632115.jpg
    post-13-1074632115.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 489
  • MONAKO_RODZINA_MECZ26_010.jpg
    MONAKO_RODZINA_MECZ26_010.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 510
Last edited by a moderator:
Steph and her beloved 'Bébert' :)

(sipa)

Attachments

• my al.JPG
    my al.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 322
  • the two understanders.JPG
    the two understanders.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 358
michelle said:
Sweet pix , LadyMacAlpine :) They are so cute together :)

Lashinka, I think Albert is very close to Caroline as well. He probably is somewhat closer to Steph....he always said that this was the case from the beginning, meaning Steph's birth. He's the 'big brother', he's her confident, her best friend.
This doesn't mean Caro is out of this. You're right the press picks out the photos that feature their stories best; if they wanna show a bad relationship between the two sisters they pic out photos were they're looking into different directions to 'proof' their story. It's true that a closeness like we always recognize between Al and Steph doesn't obviously exist to that extend between Steph and Caro and Al and Caro...I don't know, maybe Caro is not one of those who need this kind of obvious affection all the time...it's probably not what she wants or is like. There is affection between Caro and her siblings, I often saw it, but it's not that striking maybe....

You're right, Michelle. Albert said that he is EQUALLY close to both sisters and that the press just like to say that he is closer to Stephanie (source: interview with Larry King). Maybe the only difference is that he and Steph both live in Monaco and Caroline doesn't. He did say that he looks after Stephanie, being younger than him.

Thanks for the pics everyone. :) I like all of them!

Last edited:
Three More pics source: corbis ,newscom

:cool: :rolleyes: :D

stephs so lucky to have a nice older brother =) its good that they have a close relationship and that they dont have jealousy issues like rainier supposedly did with antoinette

foundation

i think she needs to wear more foundation. she looks like mic jagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom