The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
The Grimaldis are a closely knit family and I think PA loves both his sisters for exactly who they are. Caro and Steph reciprocate this love.
Any man sandwiched between two strong personalities such as Caro and Steph cannot be easy but Pa has been successful in handling everything regarding his siblings exceedingly well.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 AM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
I agree , Jaya .
Here are more:

November 2007
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/77979583.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/78010719.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/78010751.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/80299904.jpg

December 1st, 2008
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/83874797.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/83874884.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/83881505.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/83881558.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...8/83881572.jpg
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 AM
queenofthelight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,348
http://s5.tinypic.com/10deixt.jpg (1992 - New York)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,350
As a reminder: This thread has originally been opened as a thread
for discussions, quite often pics lead to a discussion, but it's not a
picture thread. So if you add special pics that show us something about
the relationship of the siblings, please add a comment, thought etc.

Thanks for your understanding
Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
queenofthelight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,348
Looking at this photos, we can see how stronge relationship is between Albert and his sisters. Some photos are really funny!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
DuedePhiladelphia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 317
Caroline and Albert

Dont u guys think that Caroline should step aside a little bit, she seems to dwarf Albert on official functions. Since Albert dose not have a " real" household meaning wife and heirs and Caroline does, it seems like she is the soveriegn of Monaco.

B4 anyone gets upset over this post its just an obsveration I mean just view the pics- image is everything with this family.

Dont get me wrong I love the Gromaldis it just seem very off balance to me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Mac Land, United States
Posts: 172
I disagree completely. Did Princess Grace overshadow Prince Raininer? No! She was the consort. In the same way, did Queen Mary overshadow her husband? Caroline is no wife, but she is acting as first lady in many events. She and Princess Stephanie ADD to the event by playing a role as a team in the family unit.

The press and public pay so much attention to what the women wear, their hair style, their jewels, it may seem that she receives more press (or Stephanie or Charlotte). Prince Albert even said in an interview that the interest in his sisters is because they "are beautiful women." If Albert told them for a minute that it was over, they would no longer be at events in that position. They act in those positions at HIS request. He wants and NEEDS his sisters in those roles because he can't be everywhere at once and it is improper for his girlfriend to act in the place of an official first lady.

HRH (Caroline) has said on a number of occasions that she would LOVE to step aside but that Prince Albert asks her and Princess Stephanie to split the duties as first lady since he is not married. Both want nothing more than for him to marry so that they are out of the spotlight. They work hard to not overshadow him and only take on minimal duties. Heck, they both spend a lot of time outside of Monaco for the exact reason.

Princess Caroline, in my opinion, does not outshine Prince Albert -- he's the Sovereign after all. If you mean that people pay attention to her clothes or jewels, well that's true because women are interested in that sort of thing (in general). However, it's Albert that is in control in Monaco and his press is a bit less "fluffy" or "fashion orientend" and much more newsworthy.

There has always been this is a contingent in Monaco (and I'm not saying you are part, obviously) who puts Caroline and Albert in competition. Both have been interviewed and Caroline herself says that it's bogus. She does not want to be in Albert's position, at all. I think that if Albert marries and has children everyone will realize just how hard it has been for Albert's sisters to assume the roles they have while putting their own interests aside. Once there is a first lady, the Princesses will naturally step aside. Right now, they are simply helping their brother (as they did their father). I think they should be commended for what they've done. I don't envy them at all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Dont u guys think that Caroline should step aside a little bit, she seems to dwarf Albert on official functions. Since Albert dose not have a " real" household meaning wife and heirs and Caroline does, it seems like she is the soveriegn of Monaco.
I don't think Caroline ever knowingly or even unknowingly upstaged Albert. They have so different functions, Albert has far more responsibilities. Media may pay more attention to Caroline, especially in the past because she is a woman, media, esp. tabloids focus only on look and in this department women always upstage guys who have little choice of outfits. Look, how much time we spent debating Caroline look at Rose Ball, same we discussed other women, and guys... what to discuss? They can only wear suit or tux.
I am not upset at your post, you were just stating your opinion.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Monaco was nothing before Grace. No one knew where it was, until she brought the glamour of Hollywood and made it famous. I think Grace made Monaco what it is now, even though Rainier built it. After Grace, Caroline fulfilled this role, she was the image of the principality and she is up to now. If she stepped aside, the glamour would be lost. Again as it happened with Rainier, a single rather grown-up prince would not be attractive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Dont u guys think that Caroline should step aside a little bit, she seems to dwarf Albert on official functions. Since Albert dose not have a " real" household meaning wife and heirs and Caroline does, it seems like she is the soveriegn of Monaco.

B4 anyone gets upset over this post its just an obsveration I mean just view the pics- image is everything with this family.

Dont get me wrong I love the Gromaldis it just seem very off balance to me
Obsolutely not!!! Caroline has grace, glamour, class, intelligence. Albert is not married - in fact I think he is very wrong to put Charlene up there with his sister unless he intends to marry her. Albert does quite well by himself at functions but when he brings in all the girls he puts himself in the shadow. In this case, the Rose Ball was Grace's pet project. It's only natural for Caroline and hopefully soon Charlotte to take center stage. I thought Albert should have walked in with only Caroline. It would have made for a powerful image - and a balanced one. JMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Prince Armando's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mays Landing, United States
Posts: 9
I think what the poster in Phila was observing was that HSH Caroline is more in the forefront and I think as this person see's that it is mainly because Albert has yet to fulfill his divine right and produce an heir and I think this is why his beloved sister assists in duties of state. It should be noted that another reason is if you look back it seems like the female royals seem to create the image of royal in a more substanstail manner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Smile Glistening Seas

While PA does indeed do quite well on his own.
However, having Caroline and Stephanie and Charlotte in activities lends an extra avenue of 'view' of Monaco.
They each have their own projects and quite varied interests and add quite their own 'sparkle' to all the things they attend with PA.
They always seem to have such a good time together.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Armando View Post
I think what the poster in Phila was observing was that HSH Caroline is more in the forefront and I think as this person see's that it is mainly because Albert has yet to fulfill his divine right and produce an heir and I think this is why his beloved sister assists in duties of state. It should be noted that another reason is if you look back it seems like the female royals seem to create the image of royal in a more substanstail manner.
I think SG1fan has it right and I think I know what the poster in Phila is observing, forget it it isn't going to happen! Charlene is not elbowing her way in anywhere more than she already has! Hibou is right Albert should have never gave her or any other woman such a high profile, but SGIfan has it right (IMO).

Prince Armando, I think what you are referring to probably speaks less to "female royals seem to create the image of royal" than women in general that seem to steer their men in the right direction, it's the support of a smart and savvy woman more than anything else (IMO). Some of the men just got lucky, but then again some people believe you create your own luck. I think these men were savvy enough to choose their wives wisely (or whomever chose for them).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
While PA does indeed do quite well on his own.
However, having Caroline and Stephanie and Charlotte in activities lends an extra avenue of 'view' of Monaco.
They each have their own projects and quite varied interests and add quite their own 'sparkle' to all the things they attend with PA.
They always seem to have such a good time together.
I agree with Glistening Seas, even if Albert was to get married these women are part of Monaco's image now, maybe more so than if Monaco had not lost Grace so soon. So unlike other countries or even other Monaco eras, I think Albert's sisters well always play a stronger role in Monaco's image even if or when Albert marries, maybe just a little less.
I still think Monaco's people will want to see them both in their own roles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
I don't know how about Steph, but it was mentioned on this board that Caroline said in some interview that she would be happy to give up her duties if she could meaning if Albert finds a wife.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:00 AM
queenofthelight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,348
I love this pic.
http://i41.tinypic.com/17y6he.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,502
Prince Albert is the "crazy glue" with both his sisters.It may appear that Steph is shown more deference but that may be because she is an imp and the youngest of the three. They have been pictured having fun and sharing jokes.Caro is Pa's rock and pillar of strength and vice versa I am sure. Pa is a fabulous brother to his sisters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Talking

Oh as far as Pa Caroline, Stephanie for the most part they each seem to bring a different facet to the over all picture, that is Monaco.

While all being blessed with their parents sense of fun & humor PA & Stephanie clearly are the athletic view of Monaco; while Caroline more the Arts & culture aspect of Monaco. however they all are a tangible part of the culture that embodies Monaco.

It seems to me they are all pretty solid bunch each able to hold their own while still being together--while PA is Monaco of which without PA it would be difficult for Stephani or Caroline, not that they are not capable but clearly the education that Pa was given makes him someone whom will be able to carry Monaco thru the economic turbulences that arise
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Caroline is Albert's constitutional HEIR.

It is perfectly natural and appropriate for her to appear at official functions.

She has the gravitas and dignity needed for that position.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 AM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Bebert et Ninie :

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...0023521319.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...0028213135.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...0044707732.jpg

The three of them ( with Caro, I mean ) are an amazing team. Each has a field they take ncare of and at times they join each other and support each other.
I think the sisters are there ... 100% supporting their brother ... there's no envy ... that's what I see in them.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince albert monaco, princess stephanie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 14 : Dec.2005 - Jan.2006 Gabriella Current Events Archive 178 01-12-2006 11:13 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 13 : Nov.2005 - Dec.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 186 12-17-2005 01:24 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 8 : June 2005 - July 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 159 07-20-2005 08:58 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 5 : May 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 196 05-17-2005 07:24 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 2 : May 2004 - Nov.2004 galisteo Current Events Archive 122 11-24-2004 08:37 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]