Prince Albert & his sisters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RADKER18 said:
Not in this thread I checked before i posted them
Well than maybe elsewhere. I know for myself how much time it takes to look through a thread of 8 pages or more before posting a new pic..:)

Magazines obviously report that Stephanie moves into the Palace appartments with her children. Albert might wish them to be closer....

Is that a news? Steph in her interview to Point de Vue said that she and her brother often talk on the phone, but don't see much of each other due to (Albert's) many engagements and his new role...

Kisses

Grace said:
Is that a news? Steph in her interview to Point de Vue said that she and her brother often talk on the phone, but don't see much of each other due to (Albert's) many engagements and his new role...

Kisses

I read that interview too... and I don't know exactly if the mags are correct now....Maybe it would be a good idea: the Palace would be more lifely with the kids around and Steph and Albert could cooperate closer... but i don't know... I think Steph and the kids love their appartment in Fontvielle....

Thanks for answering so soon.

I think what Steph said makes sense: she and Al have very different and busy lives; plus I think as close as brother and sister can be, they usually spend less time together than two sisters or two brothers, as they tend to enjoy free time in different ways. It's similar to the difference of a son or daughter with a mother: often mothers are very close to their sons, but they end up spending much more times with a daughter than with a son. Just my two cents...

BTW, Steph is changing a lot lately, but I don't think she'd enjoy living at the Palace,

Kisses

Grace said:
Thanks for answering so soon.

I think what Steph said makes sense: she and Al have very different and busy lives; plus I think as close as brother and sister can be, they usually spend less time together than two sisters or two brothers, as they tend to enjoy free time in different ways. It's similar to the difference of a son or daughter with a mother: often mothers are very close to their sons, but they end up spending much more times with a daughter than with a son. Just my two cents...

BTW, Steph is changing a lot lately, but I don't think she'd enjoy living at the Palace,

Kisses

I agree ... plus I think Steph likes to stay more 'independent' in her own appartment... and for Louis, Pauline and Camille it is easier to live in Fontvielle in their appart as well because.. well, it's just more casual and above all it is their home, they have been living there for 3 years now.

In that interview Steph also said that the kids spend a lot of time with Albert and that they are some kind of his ' calm spot' .. that he can be so relaxed in their presence ... I think they don't necesarrily have to live in the Palace... they can go there, spend days and night there whenever they want...

Recently some magazines have been saying that Albert made Stephanie Monaco's First Lady because Caroline has a higher royal status (HRH) than Albert (HSH). I'd like to know if anyone has any information regarding this.

So far I haven't seen any official communique regarding this and the last thing I knew was Stephanie would be in charge of social affairs, while Caroline would remain in charge of cultural events.

monaco70s said:
Recently some magazines have been saying that Albert made Stephanie Monaco's First Lady because Caroline has a higher royal status (HRH) than Albert (HSH). I'd like to know if anyone has any information regarding this.

So far I haven't seen any official communique regarding this and the last thing I knew was Stephanie would be in charge of social affairs, while Caroline would remain in charge of cultural events.
PA said in an interview very distinctly that there is no such role as first lady in MOnaco. They both take over representative engagements for MOnaco, but both of them in their own areas of interest. If there would have been that role, I'm sure that over the last few years the first lady would have shown up for the mass of St Devote. Ever since I have been here, neiter of them ever attended and it is for Monaco one of the most important services, which was also very much loved by their mother. Steph occasinally showed up for the events the evening before, but never the main service in the morning. When Rainier couldn't attend, PA was facing the crowd on his own, which I must admit made always a sad impression with him standing alone in the palace window. How important this mass is to the Grimaldis could be seen in 2004, where Rainier attended for the last time a mass in the cathedral, suffering from a heavy cold ( PA as well btw) that would have made any normal person stay in bed.

Thanks Paca for the information and clearing it up ;) Indeed St. Devote is a very important holiday for Monaco and the family since she's the family's & principality's Patron.I remember Caroline attended the mass in 1995 and later around 1997-1998 the family went to the Chapel to pray.

monaco70s said:
Thanks Paca for the information and clearing it up ;) Indeed St. Devote is a very important holiday for Monaco and the family since she's the family's & principality's Patron.I remember Caroline attended the mass in 1995 and later around 1997-1998 the family went to the Chapel to pray.
There is always a service in the church St Devote the evening before, just before the procession to the harbor, the burning of the boat and the fireworks. Steph has attended occasionally, joining her brothe and/or her father. These last years those 3 were the only reps of the family present. But only Rainier and PA were at the mass at the actual holiday. They might have gone all in earlier years, and I am almost sre they all went with their mum. It is strange though that none of the other members ever attend, since it usually takes place around the gala of the circus festival, so almost every one is actually in Monaco at the time. Things might change though, because at another religous holiday in summer, this year Caroline and her husband accompanied PA when welcoming the procession in the palace courtyard. I don't remember her being their in former years, but it was still in the mourning period and I assume she wanted to show her support for her brother.

One of my favourite pictures of Albert and Steph, when they were younger:

jr43sp.jpg

(Paris Match)

Last edited:
michelle said:
One of my favourite pictures os Albert and Steph, when they were younger:
(Paris Match)
Indeed, that look in her face can make you laugh again and again :D

iceflower said:
Indeed, that look in her face can make you laugh again and again :D

:D Yes indeed...the caption says Caroline took this photo. I guess the three had fun in Mom and Dad's bed :p

The identical gestures of their hands on the first pic are so sweet! :)

michelle said:
:D Yes indeed...the caption says Caroline took this photo. I guess the three had fun in Mom and Dad's bed :p

I remember reading that Caro loves (loved?) photography, particularly when she was in Uni, so she took tons of pics of her family and friends, and she used to say ( joking) that maybe one day she could make a book out of all the picture she'd taken through the years...I don't know if all of this is true, but I would most certainly buy the book!

Kisses

Last edited:
michelle said:
:D :D mum and dad wer sleeping on the floor? that indeed give some interesting insight to life in the palace;) :D

paca said:
:D :D mum and dad wer sleeping on the floor? that indeed give some interesting insight to life in the palace;) :D

:D ...or all 5 shared one bed - a cool pyjama party :p

Albert and Stephanie at Camille's babtism: :rolleyes::eek::p

jtuwc9.jpg
jtuy2t.jpg

(PM, allover press)

jtuzbm.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace said:
I remember reading that Caro loves (loved?) photography, particularly when she was in Uni, so she took tons of pics of her family and friends, and she used to say ( joking) that maybe one day she could make a book out of all the picture she'd taken through the years...I don't know if all of this is true, but I would most certainly buy the book!

Kisses

Yes I've also heard this too, in fact there's a pic of Caro taking a pic of her mum, and it was a very good taken pic :)

sebastian said:
Albert and Stephanie at Camille's babtism: :rolleyes::eek::p

jtuwc9.jpg
jtuy2t.jpg

(PM, allover press)

jtuzbm.gif
ts ts ts, steph pinching PAs bum :D :D

Closeness ...

nbqat1.jpg

(Paris Match)

... and great sunglasses, Al ;):D:p

Who is this person Albert is cuddling? It is a back picture and it could be anybody. Do you have a front or side photo? I am curious... :)

Just take a look at the name of this thread and you will know it... :)

lynda said:
Who is this person Albert is cuddling? It is a back picture and it could be anybody. Do you have a front or side photo? I am curious... :)

It is believed to be Princess Stephanie...In my opinion, I would call it more like hugging, rather than cuddling.

Glad you posted it cause otherwise nobody would believe it--except me. Where did the pic originally appear?

Fahren said:
Glad you posted it cause otherwise nobody would believe it--except me. Where did the pic originally appear?

Nobody would believe what?
It appeared in some french mags originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom