Pics of Grace, the Actress Part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the photographer was "Bud". Thank you, you were right.

Excellent pics Sensibility! Thanks for bringing them to the forums :flowers:

:hellokitty: wow great pics!! some of these are new to me. Don't you just love jimmy stewart and William holden say he died rather mysteriously didn't he?? Anyhoo Pss. Grace always looked so wonderful in those pics.

:thistle: I loved the fashions from both Rear Vew & High Society which are two of my favorites. Just found a dress styles that are similar to some of those outfits too! The one on the Swan set was terrific a great show as well love that Olivier! She had all the wonderful leading men movies it seems must have been great fun for her.

:thistle: The one from The Swan was a remarkable peek at the back workings of a movie. It's always fun to see pics like that. :heartflower:

Darling, your pics are really wonderful, i love it!
But only a little bit correction, the picture called "With Oleg Cassini on the premiere of "To Catch a Thief" isn´t right. Remember that she went out with Cassini only in 1954. That photo is from 1954, the year of "Rear Window", it´s in the premier of the film in New York.
When she was filming "To Catch a Thief" in France she was going out with Jean Pierre Aumont, do you remember? the so handdsome french actor who was with her during all the film filming. They were together in 1955, the "Great Year" of Grace.

That´s all, I hope you don´t mind this checking.

Screencapture of To Catch a Thief. 1955
With Sinatra in the Set of "High Society". 1956.
Grace looking the pics in the wall during the filming of "Rear Window" 1954.

Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean
Picture of a beauty queen

Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
Ginger Rogers, dance on air

They had style, they had grace
Rita Hayworth gave good face
Lauren, Katherine, Lana too
Bette Davis, we love you

"Madona - Vogue" (1990)

The spectacular wardrobe of Grace Kelly will be on display at the V&A. Tracing the evolution of her style from her days as one of Hollywoods most popular actresses in the 1950s and as Princess Grace of Monaco, the display will present over 50 of Grace Kelly’s outfits together with hats, jewellery and the original Hermès Kelly bag.
Dresses from her films, including High Society, will be shown as well as the gown she wore to accept her Oscar award in 1955. These will be accompanied by film clips and posters, photographs and her Oscar statuette. The display will also include the lace ensemble worn by Grace Kelly for her civil marriage ceremony to Prince Rainier in 1956 and 35 haute couture gowns from the 1960s and 70s by her favourite couturiers Dior, Balenciaga, Givenchy, and Yves St Laurent.

V&A Newsletter.

Simply Perfect Face.
In High Society - the best look.
Simply Stunning!

"We miss you Grace, I wish you were here."

Last edited by a moderator:
Darling, your pics are really wonderful, i love it!
But only a little bit correction, the picture called "With Oleg Cassini on the premiere of "To Catch a Thief" isn´t right. Remember that she went out with Cassini only in 1954. That photo is from 1954, the year of "Rear Window", it´s in the premier of the film in New York.
When she was filming "To Catch a Thief" in France she was going out with Jean Pierre Aumont, do you remember? the so handdsome french actor who was with her during all the film filming. They were together in 1955, the "Great Year" of Grace.

That´s all, I hope you don´t mind this checking.
Thanks for your correction. I thought it was 'To Catch a Thief' premiere. I'm sorry for my fault. :)

Those pictures you posted are beautiful! <3

I know Jean Pierre-Aumont, was he dating Grace or something?
By the way, I have some pictures of Grace with him.

With Jean Pierre-Aumont:
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 - Pic 5 - Pic 6 - Pic 7 - Pic 8
On the set of 'The Swan':
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4

Picture a woman bereft of make-up coming down to breakfast in her rollers. This is a woman who loves gardening - and not just pottering about with a watering can, but the heavy digging part too.
She likes the circus, and enjoys the company of bohemians and eccentrics. She moves in the most elite circles, but is proud of the ‘commoners’ she calls friends. She could drive any car, but chooses to pootle about in a London taxi, ‘for fun’.​
You might be surprised to discover that this intriguing creature is none other than Grace Kelly - aka Princess Grace of Monaco - a woman known the world over for her poise and elegance, but not exactly renowned for a laugha-minute reputation.
Devastatingly beautiful, and regal to match, Vogue once dubbed her ‘as remote as a Snow Queen’.​
[…]

"THE DAILY MAIL"

Fraker or Blumenfeld?

"Frame" photoshoot above her Oscar statuette
It is by B. Fraker! I would love to see it:)

It does look like something Bud Fraker would have done but this link says it was Erwin Blumenfeld, a celebrated fashion photographer.
Image - V&A

Here is another pose from that session which appeared on the cover of "Cosmopolitan".
http://i42.tinypic.com/r94jmb.jpg
http://www.lefigaro.fr/medias/2008/10/31/20081031PHOWWW00195.jpg

I wonder who it really was?:confused:

Perfect face. As I always say, she was so beautiful. I bet she didn't have to do anything but just look a the camera. All her angles were perfect. :rose2:

Rare pics! I love rare pics. Thanks Sensibility and Elly C for posting them. I wish Grace had that long hair for more time. It looked beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
You´re welcome!
Grace Portrait - i love her smile, so honest and elegant.(1954).
Grace in the set of "High Society" - here near Clarence Bull (1956).

Grace so cute. Jamaica 1955 by H. Connant
Young Grace in the set of "High Noon" (1952) - note her fashionable sandals, I could wear it now!
American actors Grace Kelly and Clark Gable on the set of Mogambo, directed by John Ford.

The first photos are as adorable as the last ones.:previous:
Her portrait is really beautiful!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom