Pics of Grace, the Actress Part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some new pics:

Grace by B. Fraker. "Green Fire" Photoshoot Promotion. 1953.
Grace wearing a beutiful sequin dress. Photo taken by B. Fraker. 1953.
Grace holding "Oliver". New York, 1955.
Princess Grace and "Hitch" in Cannes Festival. 1978.
Grace and her flowers. Monaco, 1978.
Grace into a car. Paris, 1980.

Kelly and Gable in "Mongambo". 1953.
In "Rear Window" set. Here she wear a typical "philly´skirt". 1953.
Rare "Rear Window" screencapture. 1953.
Grace and David Niven in a scene for "The Swan". 1955.
"The Swan" Promo. 1955.
Her Kingdom. 1956.

My favourite film´scene of Grace:

1. How´s your leg?
2. When we start?
3.The most beutiful smile in Mogambo .
4. Grace without make-up
5. Talk me about that bridges!
6. The wedding present.
7. Mind If I make love to you.

Curiosities about Grace:

1. Grace Kelly was a friend of the Kennedy family for many years. In 1954, when Jack Kennedy was hospitalized for a back problem, Jackie snuck Grace, dressed as a nurse, in to visit him to raise his spirits.

2. Grace Kelly was denied admission to Bennington College in Vermont.

3. Bing Crosby proposed to Grace a short time after making The Country Girl, but she turned him down.

4. On 22 May 1950, Grace received a plaque from the publication Theatre World, for being one of twelve of the most promising personalities of the Broadway stage for 1950.

5. The city of Philadelphia honored Grace in the spring of 1982 with the "Grace Kelly Film Festival".

6. Although she was severely nearsighted, Grace Kelly hardly ever wore glasses in public. In her interview with Merv Griffin, she confessed, "I'm very shortsighted."

Last edited by a moderator:
Curiosities about Grace:

1. Grace Kelly was a friend of the Kennedy family for many years. In 1954, when Jack Kennedy was hospitalized for a back problem, Jackie snuck Grace, dressed as a nurse, in to visit him to raise his spirits.

2. Grace Kelly was denied admission to Bennington College in Vermont.

3. Bing Crosby proposed to Grace a short time after making The Country Girl, but she turned him down.

4. On 22 May 1950, Grace received a plaque from the publication Theatre World, for being one of twelve of the most promising personalities of the Broadway stage for 1950.

5. The city of Philadelphia honored Grace in the spring of 1982 with the "Grace Kelly Film Festival".

6. Although she was severely nearsighted, Grace Kelly hardly ever wore glasses in public. In her interview with Merv Griffin, she confessed, "I'm very shortsighted."
These are very interesting facts! Thanks Sensibility!:flowers:

Grace Kelly is so stunning. I want to compare her looks to those of Elizabeth Taylor. Those two ladies were both so pretty back in the days of old, glamourous Hollywood.

Yes, The 50's were the Golde Era of Hollywood. There were so many glamourous and beautiful woman, but Grace Kelly...she was in another league. Always was, always will.
I love her! :rose2:

Grace exuded classiness, but on the level of beauty, Elizabeth was very stunning aswell.

Grace was more beautiful than Elizabeth Taylor, IMO. Grace had more class and was more regal than Elizabeth. But Elizabeth was also stunning.

So regal in the pic where she is riding the horse! And such a stunning smile in the second picture! Without doubt, Grace Patricia Kelly was one of the most beautiful women of our world, if not THE most beautiful :rose2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Taylor and Kelly was very different type of beuty, Elizabeth seems Ava Gardner, a rare style in Hollywood. Grace was part of other style, more sweet, more classic, she seemed like Greta Garbo or Ingrid Bergman. Cold beuty.

However both are very stunning.

Elizabeth Taylor had an exotic type of dark sexy beauty to me. And Grace Kelly always did look like a royal princess, even before she became one in real life. Thanks for posting the lovely pictures of her. She is really missed in this world!

Wow! How beautiful! This woman was a dream! :rose2:

Glistening Seas

:candycane:Sensibility i do believe that is the 1st time the photo of the white lace dress with the stuffed dog has been posted.

:candycane: do you have a full photo of the dress?? it's truly gorgeous. There were some pics from when Pss. Grace first got married and she had boxes and boxes of fabrics. where did she go to get them from? Did she get them from designers??:poinsettia:
We know Dior was a favorite as it is one of ours too.

Dear Lady Glistein Seas,

I´m glad that you like this lace dress, it´s one of my favourites and Grace´s too. It´s was desinger by Helen Rose in 1954, I think that she weared it more than 5 times in public. It represents - in my opinion - the dress wich describes the Grace Kelly´s personality and look better.

All her wardrove before her wedding was buyed in Phoenix, incluying her Constitution looks. The lace dress was in the "Le Annes du Grace Kelly" Expo in 2007, it´s little bit deteriored.

I´ll looking for the lace dress large photo.

Best,
Lily.

Glistening Seas

:kwanzaa: It was wondered if it was the Hollywood studio designer that had done that outfit as well it's a really exquisite outfit.

:holly: It looks Gold in the color pics but it could be the lighting?
:holly: Did her torouseau come from PHoenix as well. how long did it take for PSS. Grace to get all of the clothing made for the wedding ?

:kwanzaa: It was wondered if it was the Hollywood studio designer that had done that outfit as well it's a really exquisite outfit.

:holly: It looks Gold in the color pics but it could be the lighting?
:holly: Did her torouseau come from PHoenix as well. how long did it take for PSS. Grace to get all of the clothing made for the wedding ?
I think the colour of the dress is deteriorated as I saw in The Grace kelly exhibition....I think it was white,and now is quite darker.......
I like this dress,from "Rear Window":
http://i46.tinypic.com/ogkoc3.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/314yo20.jpg:rose2:
Perfect face with beautiful make-up:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2exlab4.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/kbymux.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2d2vwj.jpg:rose2:

She prepared -helped with her mother and sisters- her wardrove for the wedding and honeymoon. She buyed it in New York, Philadelphia and Phoenix. In that time the "pret-a-porter" existed, but the most famous dresses was designed specially for her by the MGM desingers, specially Edith Head and Helen Rose.

I read it in James Spada book of Grace. "Grace Kelly: the secret lifes of the Princess".

This is my favorite Grace´s dress. It was desinger by Edith Head and it´s amazing. It was buyed in a Sotheby´s auction in London some years ago by a snob woman. It´s sad because I´d like to see it in a permanent exposition...

314pi51.jpg

Wonderful video and very rare.She was so young here.Great actress.Thanks sensibility

nobody knew then that she´ll be a wonderful actress and princess...

Back
Top Bottom