On the beach with the Grimaldis

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monaco70s said:
I remember this pic from Jamaica in late 1990 where Rainier is taking a pic of Caroline, Stephanie, and Andrea on their beach house.

Thanks monaco70s:)

After researching deeply into my clipping , I finally fund a pictures were Prince Rainier is in the beach with Princess Grace and some friends, the look so relax and happy.
Picture: http://i3.tinypic.com/2lj3xmv.jpg
enjoy:flowers:

monaco70s said:
I remember this pic from Jamaica in late 1990 where Rainier is taking a pic of Caroline, Stephanie, and Andrea on their beach house.

I have that picture . It hasn't been posted before ?

flowerpower said:
Thanks monaco70s:)

After researching deeply into my clipping , I finally fund a pictures were Prince Rainier is in the beach with Princess Grace and some friends, the look so relax and happy.
Picture: http://i3.tinypic.com/2lj3xmv.jpg
enjoy:flowers:

Beautiful picture ! How old was Rainier then ? Grace looks like a young woman, but Rainier looks older than when they were first married...

iloveroyals said:
Beautiful picture ! How old was Rainier then ? Grace looks like a young woman, but Rainier looks older than when they were first married...
Glad you like the pic iloveroyals:) , there is no date in this article clipping, but buy the hair cut of P. Rainier, I would say early 70s…

And Grace isn't wearing her usual bathing cap, and her face hasn't puffed up as it did in later years. And it's nice to see Rainier horsing around with the ladies if that's was he's doing. The cigarette, smile and self-satisfied, teasing expression make him look like the picture of a bon vivant. But he is keeping Grace protected from the sun, as she probably requested, and that's gentlemanlike of him...

I don't think that picture has been posted here.

I think the pic you posted flowerpower is from the late 60s, and if I'm not mistaken it was taken in Ocean City.

monaco70s said:

Sorry, I have it, (I saw it a few days ago as I was looking for something else) but I just can't find it at the moment. I'll post it as soon as I dig it out...

monaco70s said:

As to pics of Rainier at the beach and these holidays in the late 1990, take a look on page 6 of this thread or click here at my post. I had posted several pics of these holidays there, including one with Rainier :)

iceflower said:
As to pics of Rainier at the beach and these holidays in the late 1990, take a look on page 6 of this thread or click here at my post. I had posted several pics of these holidays there, including one with Rainier :)

Thanks, iceflower,it was good seeing them again. The one I have is different: Prince Rainier is taking pictures of his daughters and grandchildren, he is standing in profile on the left side of the picture. I hope I find it soon !

Thanks Iceflower and Ellen1908 :flowers: :flowers: for posting the picture of Prince Rainier in the beach, I was really intrigue that I never saw him in the beach with his children and latter his grandchildren,
I guess I miss Prince Rainier he always was there and most of the time we only notice, Caroline, Stephanie and their children their love affairs
Rainier was like Monaco: a Rock, always there no controversies he was a solid person, and know a guess there is an empty space… guess a have Rainier-Grace nostalgia:sad:

Thanks for the pictures they were nice. Seeing on the beach swimming and having fun is great.

sebastian said:
Just for Simon:p - and me.
Steph's in GREAT shape for having had kids!
In fact, all the Ladies look to be in the finest form :).Impressive :ohmy:

-- Abbie

royrrules said:
is that Grace Levine next to Caroline in one of the beach pics?
Yes it is ... Grace Levine, Caroline's first cousin, is the daughter of Donald and the (now late) Lizanne Levine (Grace's Sister) -- Beauty really does run in the Kelly family. A-mazing genes, there!

-- Abbie :flowers:

iceflower said:
I grabbed out some more for you, tbhrc :)
I also got others from that day, but they do not show
anything of the beach, so it's not the right place to
post them here ;)
Only the quality is not so good, I hope that doesn't matter..

(source: own collection)
Let us not forget that this is the body of a 40+ year old woman!
A-mazing ...
The GRIMALDI's keep up their figures, alright ... Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Abigail said:
Yes it is ... Grace Levine, Caroline's first cousin, is the daughter of Donald and the (now late) Lizanne Levine (Grace's Sister) -- Beauty really does run in the Kelly family. A-mazing genes, there!

Has Lizanne passed away? Unless she has recently, it is Don LeVine who passed away 2-3 years ago.

Alcoholism?

royrrules said:
Has Lizanne passed away? Unless she has recently, it is Don LeVine who passed away 2-3 years ago.

Now, I could have sworn that I read of Lizanne's passing a few years ago, from Drink. I suppose one could google her, e.g., the name "Lizanne Kelly Levine" and, see what comes up ... If any condolence notices do, that is ...

Isn't her daughter Grace just .... stunning?
IMHO, almost prettier than Caroline, in those series of pictures, altho' both girls have God-given beauty. Caro's more exotic looking, of course. Grace has that California-girl gorgeousness.

HRH Abigail said:
Now, I could have sworn that I read of Lizanne's passing a few years ago, from Drink. I suppose one could google her, e.g., the name "Lizanne Kelly Levine" and, see what comes up ... If any condolence notices do, that is ...

IMHO, almost prettier than Caroline, in those series of pictures, altho' both girls have God-given beauty. Caro's more exotic looking, of course. Grace has that California-girl gorgeousness.

That was Peggy. Don LeVine has also passed on. Lizanne is still wlive and liveing in the Philadelphia suburbs.

I appreciate knowing -- Thanks!

libra65 said:
That was Peggy. Don LeVine has also passed on. Lizanne is still wlive and liveing in the Philadelphia suburbs.

I knew Peggy was deceased, from Drink. Grace's only brother Jack, I think, also met his Maker in this manner.

I hadn't known Lizanne was still alive. Knowing she IS, is reassuring.

Thank you,

HRH Abigail said:

My memory of Grace Levine is not of the typical California-girl gorgeousness. (See my comments on the threads on Grace Levine and Glimpses of Royals). She had very pale skin and very blond hair (but not the type bleached by the sun) and was very delicate looking, not at all with the athletic, hard,well-toned body typical of the contemporary California girl. I've seen a picture of her in shorts playing volley ball or something, with long legs, and I, myself, have never seen her except in east campus clothes, but she stood out, and would have stood out anywhere (there are a lot of blond girls where I teach now, but none like her), because precisely she had that French "je ne sais quoi" : she wore preppy clothes, but with a style all her own: she always looked perfect, so well put together in that casual chic way the Parisian girls from the 16th arrondissement have (dubbed BCBG ("bon chic bon genre" or NAP (Neuilly, Auteuil, Passy, after the best neighborhoods in Paris), for example with a sweater negligently tied around her shoulders, or an immaculate white shirt worn with perfectly fitted pants. She looked perfect the way Caroline complained that her mother always looked so perfect (although Caroline in my opinion always looked perfect too, I guess because I am a commoner and can't tell the subtle differences and nuances in perfection). At any rate, Grace looked very refined, delicate to the point of fragile, and reserved, not at all with the outgoing personality one associates with a California girl. She was very thin too. But from the interviews she gave after her return from Paris, you could tell she was a spirited girl, with a good sense of humor, especially about the "royal" life.

HRH Abigail said:
I knew Peggy was deceased, from Drink. Grace's only brother Jack, I think, also met his Maker in this manner.

I hadn't known Lizanne was still alive. Knowing she IS, is reassuring.

Thank you,

Jack died of a heart attack while jogging. He may have been jogging along Kelly Drive in Philly. That's where many people jog & bike along Boat House Row. Very scenic.

I stand corrected.

libra65 said:
Jack died of a heart attack while jogging. He may have been jogging along Kelly Drive in Philly. That's where many people jog & bike along Boat House Row. Very scenic.

Oh.

I will stand corrected, then!

Ahhhhh, yes ... he had a "Heart Condition" didn't he?

Now you have me thinking back. I'm not sure but I think Peggy's ex-husband died of a heart attack the same day as Jack. I remember them saying something about the strange coincidense on the local news. I think his last name was Conlan, but can't fully remember. Too long ago.

Whoa, really!

libra65 said:
Now you have me thinking back. I'm not sure but I think Peggy's ex-husband died of a heart attack the same day as Jack. I remember them saying something about the strange coincidense on the local news. I think his last name was Conlan, but can't fully remember. Too long ago.

Whoa, the same ... DAY?

Yikes :eek: !

I think it's so sad what has befallen that family overall.
The Deaths, The alleged "Grimaldi curse", the over-consumption, the ... you-name-it ...
It just appears as though The Kellys and Grimaldis have suffered quite enough, doesn't it?

-- Abbie

Stephanie looks beautiful in this beach pics. I guess there were happy times for her. I's sad that turned out so unhappy.

Lakshmi said:
Stephanie looks beautiful in this beach pics. I guess there were happy times for her. I's sad that turned out so unhappy.

Yes, it is. She loved Daniel so much, she just glowed with him and their young family. So natural and relaxed, with none of the stiffness or wariness she so often had with photographers, even when she was modeling - maybe even, especially when she was modeling.

What a blow his betrayal of her was. I admire her more than I can say for staying on such good terms with him all these years. She handled the whole smash-up of that relationship with such dignity.

You are most welcome :flowers:
Here are some clippings of Caroline enjoying some time at the beach with her family in summer 1989:

Beach time in 1989 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom