Official Portraits - Princely Family of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
photofan said:
Is Alexandra in any OFFICIAL photoshoot of the family that not be at the balcony? :confused
(sorry for my english..)
No, there's none - not that I know ... that's why we should try to get them to make some new ones ;):p

More ideas:

- Albert with Charlotte, Pauline, Camille and Alex - Albert sitting on a bench in the Palace gardens , Alex leaning over his knees, pulling his sleeves, grinning, Pauline holding Alex, Charlotte sitting next to Albert with Camille reaching around her neck from behind ...or something like that :p:rolleyes:

- EA and Steph - Ernst leaning at a bar, Steph leaning on her brother -in - law :p ... heehehee

Last edited:
Here are some older portraits

npoqqe.jpg

npoqyw.jpg

nporap.jpg

npos5s.jpg

npoto4.jpg

npou4z.jpg

npoun6.jpg

npouw5.jpg

npowsj.jpg

npox08.jpg

Tasha's Grace Kelly Page, Worldroots, Monaco70s

More older portraits

npoxtx.jpg

npozz6.jpg

npp09g.jpg

npp0ko.jpg

npp0th.jpg

npp0z8.jpg

npp15h.jpg

npp1km.jpg

npp34w.jpg

npp4er.jpg

More older portraits

npp6dh.jpg

npp7bl.jpg

npp7ur.jpg

npp99z.jpg

Prince Rainier has such a nice, happy smile in that second BUNTE photo of the family posted by tbhrc...:)

Grace said:
Whatever pic involving Caroline, and A LOT of Andrea, particularly in a tuxedo...
mine would be whatever combination of charlotte with siblings, charlotte alone and loads more charlotte...:p :)

This one is pretty old? :) Have no idea of the year it is from, but as you can see Stefano was alive and Stephanie had short hair. Probably 1989 according to tigerlilly2005.

IMG_2130.jpg

(Hänt i veckan)

Last edited:
1. Stefano Cashiragi was soo hot and Andrea looks a lot like him
2. Grace Kelly has been the most stunningly beautiful woman to ever walk the face of the earth
3. How long have it been since a official family portrait is taken?

This seems to be the last photoshoot (December 1998) of the family beside that on from July...

APL

sgq3ow.jpg

sgq3rl.jpg

sgq3w9.jpg

sgq3yg.jpg

sgq436.jpg

sgq454.jpg

are this the last pictures of the family ? tbhrc ? together.

barber

The family is very close but since Rainier's passing and Albert's ascension, they are not much for publicity.

Ann

This is slightly off-topic but when did Howard Conent die?

Did he take any of the official family portraits or just the magazine shots and such? Was he Grace's official photographer?

Ann

Some official Portraits from APL

spdrmo.jpg

spdrok.jpg

spdrt4.jpg

spdruv.jpg

spdrwh.jpg

spds0p.jpg

spds2c.jpg

spds7c.jpg

More from APL - always loved this photoshoot

spdsas.jpg

spdtlh.jpg

spdto4.jpg

spdts4.jpg

spdtud.jpg

spdtw4.jpg

spdu03.jpg

spdu2x.jpg

tbhrc said:
This seems to be the last photoshoot (December 1998) of the family beside that on from July...

APL

The rest from APL:

0000349277-028.jpg

0000349277-024.jpg

0000349277-026.jpg

Here is one of Princess Caroline by Ralph Cowen, 1981 - Laif

1zf1pmu.jpg

Information on portrait of Grace Kelly

Hello, my name is Ron Ortiz, and I am new to this forum. I live in Englewood Florida, USA.
The reason I became a member was to find out who I need to contact about a portrait that was given to me by my mother.
My mother, Virginia Hernandez, at the time some 50 years ago, was briefly married to a Larry Harris who did a hand painting portrait of Grace Kelly when she was 15. The portrait was done when she was applying for modeling.

Thank you,
Ron Ortiz

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, first of all Ron, welcome! What a treasure, to have a hand painting of Princess Grace! I do not know how to help you on who to contact, but I can tell you how to post the pictures. Just do GO ADVANCED, scroll down until you see the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, click on it, select the picture you want and then upload it. Once again, what a great find you have, hope to see it!

Colour me daft, I probably misunderstood your post, but who exactly do you want to contact and why? If it's the Grimaldis, I wouldn't get your hopes up. From what I've heard, all letters to them end up, unanswered and probably unread as well, in some black hole. :bang: Then again, they might be interested in this so they might reply in your case.

On a different subject, I'd love to see your pictures of the painting.

Ron Ortiz said:
Hello, my name is Ron Ortiz, and I am new to this forum. I live in Englewood Florida, USA.
The reason I became a member was to find out who I need to contact about a portrait that was given to me by my mother.
My mother, Virginia Hernandez, at the time some 50 years ago, was briefly married to a Larry Harris who did a hand painting portrait of Grace Kelly when she was 15. The portrait was done when she was applying for modeling.

Thank you,
Ron Ortiz

It it just for us to view because we would find it of interest? yes please post it we'd love to see it. Are you just trying to find out info on why it was painted? Are you trying to find out more about Larry Harris as an artist? Or were you interested in selling it or donating it? Usually auction houses can be helpful in obtaining information about artists and also of course about selling works of art. If you just want more information, Sothebys or Christies is a good place to start and they can guide you from there. If you want to give the portrait to the Grimaldi family then I would suggest you contact the Monaco New York City embassy to discuss it with one of the embassy staff. We would in any case love to see the portrait. Thanks

One other thought Ron, if you google artist Larry Harris you will see an entry for a Larry Harris who did a cover for Collier's magazine (in thte 1930's) this is most likely the artist who did your Grace painting and a good place to start with information. A lot of Univ. libraries archives have magazines like Collier's and you can compare his style with that of your portrait. I'm almost certain this is the artist. Sotheby's and Christies can also help you if you mention this fact to them. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of portrait

It took me some time, but I finally resized the pictures to fit this forums viewing.

Thank you for the response.

Ron Ortiz

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN0996.JPG
    Copy of DSCN0996.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 630
  • Copy of DSCN0997.JPG
    Copy of DSCN0997.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Copy of DSCN0998.JPG
    Copy of DSCN0998.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 495
Grace portrait

Ron Ortiz said:
It took me some time, but I finally resized the pictures to fit this forums viewing.

Thank you for the response.

Ron Ortiz
the portrait looks like Grace at that time.I would keep it or if
you ever needed the money auction it off.
perhaps you could make prints in a limited edition and sell them.that way we could review Grace before she was princess. few of those around{portraits ofGrace} before she became princess. i think that is the only one in existence.
thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom