The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Majesty

Official French Visit to Monaco - April 2008

The french president Nicolas Sarkozy comes to an official visit to Monaco - Friday 25th April 2008

Link

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
And please have a look at the new Zero Tolerance Policy

Happy posting!

Old 04-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Majesty

This thread is now re-opened. Please remember that President Sarkozy is visiting Monaco. Therefore, whatever happened during his official/state visits to other countries is irrelevant and off-topic to this discussion.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Monaco Moderators

Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Here's a little a site with a program about what will happen today:

Original in french: lepetitjournal.com - POLITIQUE - Nicolas Sarkozy à Monaco: une visite présidentielle attendue

Translated version
Old 04-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Serene Highness

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, right, and Prince Albert II of Monaco are seen during the troops review at the Monaco Palace during an official visit to the principality of Monaco, Friday, April 25, 2008.Yahoo

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3*

French President Nicolas Sarkozy Visits Monaco
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - APRIL 25: French President Nicolas Sarkozy (R) waves to the crowd as Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) stands outside the Monaco Palace on April 25, 2008 in Monaco. Nicolas Sarkozy attends a one day Official Visit to Monaco Principality. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7*
Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Here's a link to the Getty Gallery

and more from Belga

Belga 1
Belga 2
Belga 3
Old 04-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Stephanie has been in the crowd that watched Prince
Albert and his French guest - funny to see..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos:
Zimbio
Daylife
Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Princess Stephanie has been in the crowd that watched Prince
Albert and his French guest - funny to see..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
She seems to have enjoyed herself . Thanks Ice

French president Nicolas Sarkozy and SAS Prince Albert II of Monaco are seen during the troops review in the Monaco Palace during the official visit in the principality of Monaco, on April 25, 2008. Photo by Cironneau Lionel/Pool/ABACAUSA.COM
Abaca Press Gallery

President Nicolas Sarkozy and Prince Albert II of Monaco attend a meeting, along with scientists and environmental experts, about the impact of global warming in the Mediterranean region at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco on April 25, 2008 Photo by Marco Pionvanotto/ABACAUSA.COM

Gallery

President Nicolas Sarkozy and Prince Albert II of Monaco visit the aquarium of the oceanographic museum in Monaco on April 25, 2008. Nicolas Sarkozy is on a one-day official visit in the principality of Monaco for a meeting with climate scientists. Pool photo by Eric Feferberg/ABACAUSA.COM

Gallery2
Old 04-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

A video - French news:

Sarkozy et Albert II en champions de l'écologie - Mediaplayer - LCI
Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

French president Sarkozy has official visit in Monaco, 04/25/2008
French President Nicolas Sarkozy, right, and Prince Albert II of Monaco greet the public at the Monaco Palace during an official visit to the principa | Photo - Yahoo! Actualités

MONACO SARKOZY

I wonder what prince Albert & Nicolas Sarkozy were talking about...

I am guessing there are more pic from such important visit, but I don't know how to get them.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Was this really billed as a State Visit of the President of France to the Prince of Monaco, or was it really just a case of the President coming to MOnaco to attend the conference at the Oceanographic Museum and meeting with Prince Albert at the same time. Was there a full state dinner at the palace?
Old 04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Was this really billed as a State Visit of the President of France to the Prince of Monaco, or was it really just a case of the President coming to MOnaco to attend the conference at the Oceanographic Museum and meeting with Prince Albert at the same time. Was there a full state dinner at the palace?
Good question. I got the impression that due to time constraints there was no state dinner and it was more or less a working meeting, but because it has been a while since a president of France visited Monaco, it was done this way to accomade both schedules and protocol.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Stephanie looks terrible in those pics, poor thing.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

h-m-m-m From the looks of Stephanie's hair it appears to be very windy there and apparantly her hairdo took on the "windblown" look which at the beach is unavoidable. I would imagine that is why she put it up in a pony tail. However, I looooove thaaat outfit. It really rocks especially with the particular color jeans. Since she was a spectator too the need to be regally dressed wasn't there but the outfit is nice. Although: really i don't think any hairdo would have survived the wind out there from the looks of it. Any opinions on this. looks like stephanie has managed to beat "everyone" to the beach and it looks great on her. Good motivation for the rest of us to get to the beach in a H-u-r-r-y.

The press did a very regal job of covering this very regal event.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Commoner

Mrs Sarkozy wasn't there?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

I read some article at "Le Figaro" and it seems it was official visit, they were discussing countersigning some agreements from 2005 or whatever...
I did not know Sarkozy was so short comparing to Albert.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

did President Sarkosy visit Monaco alone?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
did President Sarkosy visit Monaco alone?

By all accounts it appears that way. It was a very short visit, only one day. And it's termed as an "official visit" not a "state visit". Had it been a state visit I think Carla would have accompanied and things would have been much more pomp and circumstance.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Stephanie really cute here, enjoying herself. Quite different from some recent snaps. Nice to see Sarkozy there.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
By all accounts it appears that way. It was a very short visit, only one day. And it's termed as an "official visit" not a "state visit". Had it been a state visit I think Carla would have accompanied and things would have been much more pomp and circumstance.
[

what is the differance bet. state visit and official visit?