National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please note that all posts regarding the changing face of Princess Charlene have been deleted.

There is the report about the ceremony of the saint Charles and Grimaldi decorations

For the first times, all the persons who are receiving these decorations are shanking the hands of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert, the last years, they only shaked the hands of Prince Albert

Caroline seems to wear galsses

That was a very nice, stylish and well-organized ceremony. Thanks for uploading.

Here are some photos of the Medal Presentation of Physical Education and Sports and one of another ceremony:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And more videos from today (1-3), yesterday (4) and November 16 (5):

Last edited:
There is the report about the ceremony of the saint Charles and Grimaldi decorations

For the first times, all the persons who are receiving these decorations are shanking the hands of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert, the last years, they only shaked the hands of Prince Albert

Caroline seems to wear galsses

do you happen to have a working link for this video? :flowers:

Here are some first photos of the younger generation at today's National Day ?

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

One of my favourite photos:

** Caroline having her hands full .. **

And here are two first galleries of this year's National Day, November 19:

** gettyimages gallery: National Day 2018 ** belga gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Perfecting her royal wave! Twins Gabriella and Jacques, three, join parents ..**

** hola: Los Grimaldi, sin Carlota Casiraghi y con el debut de Stefano, celebran el Día Nacional de Mónaco ** hola article 2 **

Last edited:
Is there any specific reason that Pr.Charlene has been wearing black these last few events?

National Day today

Live Link

https://t.co/yvD0oBOxFF

And Jazmin about the National day today:

"Happy National Day Monaco! I’m an American but am proud of my heritage and family roots that are Monegasque! Today Monaco celebrates their national holiday! Viva Munegu, Deo Juvante! I Happy blessed day to Monaco and My Monegasque Family! ♥️ "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqX0SyNlkna/

Another galleries

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2018/11/19/national_day_celebrations_gala,_monte-carlo?

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/397150372

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know French, but I noticed (maybe I am wrong) that Princess Grace is mentioned often today at the Mass? Why?

It looks like Louis's fiancée was not there…. pity !

Here are some first photos of the younger generation at today's National Day ?

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

One of my favourite photos:

** Caroline having her hands full .. **

And here are two first galleries of this year's National Day, November 19:

** gettyimages gallery: National Day 2018 ** belga gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Perfecting her royal wave! Twins Gabriella and Jacques, three, join parents ..**

** hola: Los Grimaldi, sin Carlota Casiraghi y con el debut de Stefano, celebran el Día Nacional de Mónaco ** hola article 2 **

Exception made to P. Charlene, all the princely ladies look happy and quite well dressed. The sun is shining and I can't stop watching the photos of P. Caroline and «her» babies at the balcony. What a glorious handful of litlle ones P. Caroline has... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
What an happy National Day this seems to be

Last edited:
Last edited:
Little children make these balcony appearances so much more fun to watch.
Good thing Charlotte wasn’t there, Mamie Caroline didn’t have enough arms to hold Balthazar as well [emoji6]

I hope we’ll get some pictures from inside the palace like we did the previous years.

What is the purple brooch they are all wearing?

Lovely photos, all the children are so beautiful! I think there is a real resemblance between little Stefano and his cousin Rafael Elmalah.

There seems to be a bit of a loaded atmosphere - even if they are quite serious in the courtyard they usually seem more light hearted at the balcony. Charlene is even more unsmiling than usual, even Albert seems a bit flat. The twins are cute.

Lovely to see Caroline with her grandchildren who are cute - she looks more relaxed with them. Little Stefano is a cherub. Stephanie is very relaxed and enjoying the time with her two eldest.

Last edited:
The Prince and Princess are always a bit more solemn, as carabiniers, authorities, organizations, civilians and other sections of Monaco bring homage to them. That is only natural.

The Prince and Princess are always a bit more solemn, as carabiniers, authorities, organizations, civilians and other sections of Monaco bring homage to them. That is only natural.
I was comparing with previous years - and on the balcony Albert most certainly isn't usually solemn. As for Charlene... I know nobody goes round grinning like a fool 24/7 but she has managed to smile in the past.

I thought that the little orange balloon incident would hit the headlines. There was even a video replay of the crucial moment.

This has been the biggest family turn out there has been for a while, with only Camille, Charlotte and P Charlene’s mother absent from the respective families.

The cutest moment for me was when P Gabriella kissed M Barsi on the cheek. And both the twins dropped a toy from the balcony.

Thank you everyone for sharing the photos and videos of National Day. It was wonderful to see the youngest generation all there; Stefano has indeed become quite a beautiful little boy! He seems very curious - loved the photo of him waving through the balcony. Gabriella and the little orange balloon was so sweet, it's always lovely to see her and Jacques together. I wonder why Camille wasn't there; perhaps she wants to lead a more private life and decided not to attend the celebrations, or was simply unwell.

EDIT: Noblesse & Royautes have a menu of the National Day dinner from 2017: http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/menu-de-la-fete-nationale-monegasque-2017/

I was wondering the same - perhaps a new family order or gift from Albert?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the menu, but can anyone translate please?

Is it not a blue cornflower to commemorate the recent centenary of the Armistice? I can't really see clearly enough but that's what I thought they were - often worn in France like the British Legion poppies we wear here in the UK in November.

I could be wrong - as I said I can't really see closely enough.

Back
Top Bottom