National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wondered if the blonde girl is one of the younger of the four daughters of Sebastian Knecht de Massy. And there was a blondish boy with Jean-Leonard, his son named Melchior.
Sasha with cousins | Human Drama

That's right. It is son of Jean-Leonard - Melchior. The other children are Rose and Sylvestre de Brouver - daughter and son of Laetitia de Massy

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos. Wonderful to see so much of the family together :flowers:

I am starting to think likely is the civil wedding for Alexandra's brother. If she was simply away at school, I'd think she would likely be home for weekend. I could be wrong.

We will likely see Stefano next year. He is only just about 9 months old. Not all babies react well to the public attention. Unlike say the twins, there is no rush for Stefano to be on the balcony if he isn't ready for all that. Great to see all of the other little kids. They are so adorable.

Had to smile at Raphael and the firetruck. And to the writer of the blog post with the photos, not just in Monaco is a firetruck so popular. I always smile at how much little kids, many girls too, are fascinated by fire trucks and police cars at that age. He really was enjoying it.

I loved watching the broadcast of the National Fest. P Charlene looked so beautiful and it was nice to see her smile so much. The twins were very busy and it seemed, judging by P Albert's gestures to the crowd, too tired to appear again with their parents in the end. Maybe they had too much fun with all the cousins there...

Yes, melina p, it is a lovely pic of P Albert kissing his little angel so tenderly!

Thank you to all those who shared the links to the National Day today. :flowers:
It was great to see the family celebrating together. Our little cherubs Jacques and Gabriella are adorable to watch as ever, and it's nice to see the other children too. Seems that India is a bit shy of the crowds as she was hiding for most of the time! I don't blame her though, she's two and even I would find such crowds daunting. (I bet some royals who were born into the family are still daunted by crowds as adults.) The photos of Raphael looking at the fire engine are adorable.

Here's a video from the National Day Mass at Monaco Cathedral earlier this morning.

Yes, exactly why I posted it, the pic of last year...

Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.

Very nasty comment, I think you don't see the same video of the entire ceremonies, as I, I saw very happt people celebrating the national fest which is also the fest of the Prince,
What relation between children who are tired, do you have children, a child cannot stay without moving, Albert was sad, first new!!! he cannot smile as an idiot and Caroline and Stephanie were well

Very nasty comment, I think you don't see the same video of the entire ceremonies, as I, I saw very happt people celebrating the national fest which is also the fest of the Prince,
What relation between children who are tired, do you have children, a child cannot stay without moving, Albert was sad, first new!!! he cannot smile as an idiot and Caroline and Stephanie were well

You really ought to be more respectful towards other people and their opinions. The poster was merely expressing her personal observations, which I happen to agree with.

Nevertheless, it was lovely to see the whole family together.

Today (and I watched the live feed) I felt like the whole family was "somewhere else.' Bodies present, minds elsewhere. There was something hanging over the festivities. Not necessarily bad, but I have no idea what it was, good or bad. It was heavy though. They all seemed to be in another place. The kids were exhausted. You could see they wanted to go to sleep so badly. The adults were just 'away' mentally. Caroline and Stephanie seemed melancholy. Albert seemed a little sad, but mostly just very pensive, like he's thinking over some big things right now. Charlene had a serenity about her, pensive, but calm and at peace too.

Yes I got a similar impression about the adults. The family remain a fascinating enigma to me.

You really ought to be more respectful towards other people and their opinions. The poster was merely expressing her personal observations, which I happen to agree with.

Nevertheless, it was lovely to see the whole family together.
Agree with you - about everything. There seemed a certain air of melancholy especially at the beginning.

You have this feeling because every body has a new place in the courtyear
Yes, times changed, untill now, all the family was behind Albert
Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
The honor place for the princely couple , the princesses Caroline and Stephanie
daughters of a sovereign prince
The nephews on the balcon no more near the sovereign.
There is a new princely family , Albert Charlene and Jacques and Gabriella
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.

Now the palace changed the place of everybody, it comes back to the true protocole
At the times of P Grace and Rainier, there were P Grace, P Rainier and their children, There was never P Antoinette and her children near P Rainier, they were even not invited, after the death of P Grace, Rainier and Antoinette were more closed and Antoinette was near Caroline, Albert and the children. she was a princess of Monaco. but we did not see the children of P Antoinette, we saw again the Cousins De Massy behind Albert after the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Times change, we must adjust as the people of Spain had to adjust when we have the photos of the king, queen and only their infants on the photos during the holidays at Marivant, Elena and her children are no more here.and it will be also like this when the queenof UK will passed, Charles announced already that the family will be more short.
I enjoy to see Jacques Gabriella and their cousins to day and all the ceremonies were beautiful specially the mass.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else but that's not why I had that impression.

I have no problem with the new standing places - it makes perfect sense.

I found there was quite a subdued atmosphere at the start - maybe because it was also a farewell to the carabinier colonel? It's the end of an era.

I agree the mass and church service were lovely especially the glorious music and the balcony scenes were heartwarming.

But none of that excuses you accusing a poster of making a nasty comment (which they didn't) when you don't agree with them.

Were you watching the Holy Mass in the Cathedral? What you described is "normal". During a Mass people always wander away with their thoughts as the rites are 100% predictable with every other Mass they ever did attend: introduction, word service, echarist rite, communion, closing rite with the usual participation from the congregation (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Pater Noster, etc.). Apart from that, the Mass is always quite beautifully executed in Monte-Carlo, I must say.

To me it does not look like desinterest. It is just how people are during Mass.

As usual you are looking at Charlene only, and finally we saw her smiling a lot! Thanks God. I guess her smiles are the reasons why Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are looking melanchony. You have always the truth in mind, and you are posting nasty replay to people who doesn't think as you think.

The core of this family (Albert, Caroline, Stephanie and now Charlene) have long given off an air of melancholy at events where they're all together. I can't help but wonder if they just don't like each other very much.

When they're able to really separate out into their family units--Albert and Charlene with just the twins, Caroline with her children, children-in-law and grandchildren, Stephanie and her kids--they seem fine, but the body language when they're near each other usually seems quite tense to me. It's not really explained by them being at formal, ceremonial events. Royal families everywhere do those, but it's rare for the group to seem so uniformly on edge as the Monagesques tend to be.

I saw the video of Monaco Channel, princess Charlene was friendly, warm with the people of Monaco, it is unfair to say that she was cold and not at ease. we can make talk photos , the photos at the end with the people say nothing , Charlene receiving with Albert the AS rugby team at the palace two days ago was not smiling , Albert and Charlene were holding their hands, it was her idea with her foundation to make this international rugby teamand she succeeds to do this.

No Moonmaiden, the people of Monaco is appreciating her and loving her and it is more strong since she gave heirs to the throne . My sister and my daughter are married with residents, they live in Monaco, my grandsons are pupils at the college Charles IIi, they are integrated in the life of Monaco, I am inviting to the family diners ( christening, anniversaries ) and I am hearing what they are talking about the princely family and it is not what you are believing to see from USA, UK, Belgium .
Charlene is called ' our princess' as they called the princess Grace and they are appreciating that she is near them, that she is doing with the children, the old persons or handicaped children , there will be a center for the education for handicaped children , it is the idea of the princess Charlene,
But they are criticing Albert for his travels, they are saying he is never here, he travels too much and sometimes these travels are not a need and they are saying happily P Charlene is present , the children would not see a lot their parents if Charlene would have followed him.
Here is a photo of a friend of my sister taken at the monegash pic nic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYgtgshAfAH/?taken-by=lajouxa

I will post an another photos on the board of video , it shows that Charlene is very near of the people of Monaco

Citing a sentence of Brigitte Bardot is not a good thing, she was a star of the cinema during the years 50 and60 of the cinema, she is living in the jet set french city Saint Tropez , she is a french people and not a monegash people which is different and her life was tacky.

melinapremiere, as is often the case you have misunderstood. I have no doubt that Charlene is highly thought of by the citizens of Monaco, as well she should be. I posted that she is not accepted by Monaqesque society, by which I mean high society. She admitted as much before her wedding when she gave an interview talking about how hard it was to make friends due to people there not understanding her humor and her cultural identity.

As for Brigitte Bardot, she was a contemporary of the late Princess Grace even if she was a star of the 50's and 60's and was a member of the jet set. She met Grace and gave her opinion of her as an icy woman. That's all.

I am rather charmed by Raphael's obvious love for the firetruck. Boys and firetrucks. It is a thing that always cracks me up.

http://tatianacressidacoco.tumblr.c...aphaël-loved-the-firetruck-only-in-monaco-the

(The firetruck is a Mercedes!)

:cool:

I wondered too. I wondered if the blonde girl is one of the younger of the four daughters of Sebastian Knecht de Massy. And there was a blondish boy with Jean-Leonard, his son named Melchior.
http://tatianacressidacoco.tumblr.com/post/167656525184/sasha-with-cousins
It would be nice if the photos were signed with the names of those cousins - for those who do not know the de Massy family so good. Can you do it, please?

:previous:Yes, one of my favorite things about Monaco National Day is the behind-the-scenes photos taken of the family inside the Palace!

Too many family members were missing this year.:sad:

But Jacques and especially little Gabriella are sooo adorable!?

National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2017

beautiful picture

IMG_1908.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom