National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The video is nice. I think in the video when Caroline forgot to bless the cross Albert and Stephanie did. Then when they left Albert bless than Caroline Stephanie didn't which is weird.

Last edited:
Steph and the Grimaldis

Usually Steph always looked average in these National Day ceremonies and she looks sensational in her heavy lace outfit in this one.Then entire family is exceptionally beautiful,unified and well turned out and PA by the looks of the video is doing super as well...God Bless them...
Deo Juvante

Hello everybody, it may be just my imagination, but seeing all these pictures of the Fête Nationale, makes me think that Caroline seems each day more absent from Monaco. Not just phisically ( since she leaves in France ), but also and above all psicologically and spiritually. Yes she takes part in some events, but in the less possible number and always in a most reluctant way... just posing for the photo. What do you think?

Nice description!
I think all three Grimaldi siblings suffer from that. Steph looks like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights practically all the time and can't rarely manage a smile even when she's posing for a photograph.
Caroline, I think you pretty much said it all.
And Albert suffers from the same. He can produce a smile on command when he's being filmed or photographed, but looks rather miserable when he thinks he's not being watched. Combine that with rumours that he spends his free time (and some working time as well) and nights at Roc Agel and most of the rest of it travelling for holidays, fun and work and then he too seems to be absent.

I wonder where it went wrong. The death of their father? Something before that? The presence of Charlene? Tiffs and arguments we don't know about? Troubles or illnesses in the family? I sometimes have the feeling that Monaco's time has passed and we are now witnessing its first steps on the downhill slope?

Last edited:
National Day 2008 - Monaco

Post here news and pics about this years Monégasque National Holiday.

On November 19th, Monaco celebrates its National Holiday with spectacular fireworks over the harbor the evening before and a mass in the Cathedral the next morning. An excellent opportunity to see the pomp and circumstance of the Principality, visitors can see the Knights of Malta, distinguished ambassadors, consuls and state officials decked out in medal-laden uniforms as they congregate in the Place St. Nicholas after the mass. Then it is off to the Prince’s Palace where onlookers can see the Princely family wave to the crowd from the windows of the palace.

Monaco Official Site - Major Events

The dates:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial Narrow, Helvetica, Arial]From November 18th to 19th, 2008 TRADITIONS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial Narrow, Helvetica, Arial]Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 November: Events organised as part of the Monegasque National Holiday.

Have a look at previous National Day Threads:

[/FONT]
2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

National Day 2006 - Monaco

National Day 2007 - Monaco

and at the retrospective thread:

A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco

And please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
Happy Posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't National Day events open to the public - including evening dinner/ball events; what about Rose Ball, the Red Cross Ball and Grand Prix events - are those by invitation only, or open to the public to purchase tix and attend? I ask that because it seems that when you see pictures of them dining and dancing, the crowd seems to be huge - albeit filled with some celebrities, and their friends/colleagues, but there seems to be quite a crowd.

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is pictured with Prince Albert of Monaco as They delivers parcels to Monegasques at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco, 16 November 2007. Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie will attend several events before the Monaco National Day next 19 November in Monaco. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Also it look like they gave out books with Princess Grace on the cover.

... Angela Lansbury in Pic 2, perhaps?

Also, Stephanie's skin is starting to show all the aftereffects of years spent lying out in the sun -- Too bad El Sol doesn't like us as much as we like it, huh?

Alexandra will be more beautiful than Charlotte IMO.
I thought she was pretty ugly when she was a little kid but now, I think she's very beautiful. Probably she'll be a "blonde Caroline". And yes, I see much of her mom in her features.
In 7/8 years she'll be the next IT girl.

Alex looks like Da-da, if you ask me.
She's the plainer looking one of the bunch of kids.
Caroline and Charlotte are so striking looking that it would be hard, in fairness to anyone else, to even be on a par with their looks!
My opinions mind you.

Here are some additional opera pics with less watermarks, the
dress was very unsual for Steph, maybe Caroline has chosen
it for her ;)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

You know, this is the best I have ever seen Steph look, bar none! :eek:

The dress is elegant and understated.

Her figure is slimline.

It works, Baby! :)

-- Abbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Since National Day is approximately three weeks away, the thread is now open.

You know, it would be nice to see Louis and Pauline make an appearance with the rest of the Grimaldi family. I can understand and respect the fact that Princess Stephanie wishes to "sheild" her children from the spotlight, but that said, Louis will be 16 and Pauline 14. I think they're not as naive as they would be - naturally - when younger. It would be understandable if Steph kept Camille away (too young), but it would be fantastic to see Steph's two eldest children with her.

I've always respected her decision, I thought that perhaps Princess Stephanie remembers it as a part of her childhood that she didn't like and so did not want to force her children to be part of public life as she was.

However.... haven't they been on reality T.V. with their father? It seems hard to believe that they could have done so without her agreement. That seems a lot more invasive to me than standing on a balcony with family members and waving!

l think that this is her problem, however l agree with you, Lea

Please let us concentrate on the National Day celebrations themselves
and not on speculations about who will attend, who will not and for
what reasons. The fact that Princess Stephanie's children do not take
part in the official celebrations has been discussed since their births,
the major arguments have been mentioned by Johnnie and lea, so
please leave it at that now. Instead we can look forward to many
great pics :)

I'm looking forward to pictures and the itinerary for National Day

We are already in November and Monaco's national day is fastly apporaching can't wait to see who will be attending this yearly event.

Glistening Seas

:) Next we too cannot wait for National Day. It's a very special Day for Monaco and the family. Let's hope they have lot's of goodies in store for that day. Is this an all day affair? exactly?? They had a beautiful cake last year!! As busy of a schedule as PA (oh-h-h-h where haaas thaaat Prince been? haa) and family must have; this is one day they can just "hang out" with the country and just have a good time.

Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, and Princess Stephanie, right, offer bags of food supplies to needy Monaco citizens at the headquarters of the Monaco Red Cross, Monday, Nov. 17, 2008, in Monaco, ahead of Monaco National Day.
(VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7* *Pic8* *Pic9* *Pic10*

Princess Stephanie de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3*

Prince Albert II de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2*

Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, and Princess Stephanie, right, offer bags of food supplies to needy Monaco citizens at the headquarters of the Monaco Red Cross, Monday, Nov. 17, 2008, in Monaco, ahead of Monaco National Day.
(VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7* *Pic8* *Pic9* *Pic10*

Princess Stephanie de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3*

Prince Albert II de Monaco leaves the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after giving parcels to Monaco's residents during an annual charity ceremony, on November 17, 2008.

*Pic1* *Pic2*

Wow, ...pic1 ... does Caro have a twin?

lol no.........thats stephanie! their younger sister....she is starting to look like caroline....personally she looks like her sisters age

Frankly, the pinstriped suit of Stephanie is not my favorite. :ermm: Wish she had worn a nice dress.

Also the watch is a bit too big for the occasion ... looks like a diver's watch to me :whistling:

But her smile ... unbeatable as always :flowers:

Glistening Seas

s-o-oo-o glad for the pics. it was hoped someone would place some more pics for the red cross thing. Red Cross is a great organization. Stephanie does look a little like Caro in the picture the expression good eye!!! Stephanie is always the epitome of elegance and Pa too. IS that a new tie???!:D He too never seems to have a bad suit. How d-o-e-s he do thaaat?!:harvest::poinsettia:

Thanks to all who posted pics and links of the first events :flowers:

Here's a link to a French article including a pic, one quote was
really sweet. A 78-year-old lady, originally from Italy but living in
Monaco for 50 years now, said about Albert and Steph who have
handed out one of these presents to her:
"I love them like my own children. They are adorable." :)

Monaco : Albert II a distribué 145 colis

A 78-year-old lady, originally from Italy but living in
Monaco for 50 years now, said about Albert and Steph who have
handed out one of these presents to her:
"I love them like my own children. They are adorable." :)

Oh, those Italian Moms!;):D

Wow, ...pic1 ... does Caro have a twin?

They really do look alike in that picture!

Stephanie's eyes are so strikingly blue in some of these photos - lovely!

Princess Stephanie of Monaco 11/18/2008. Princess Stephanie of Monaco offers Red Cross gift to the old people during the ceremony of National Day. (c) BENAINOUS ALAIN / Gamma

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5* *Pic6* *Pic7*

A Few Pictures from Belga

Great pictures of Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie of Monaco together but I have yet to see the rest of the family I guess I have to wait until someone finds pictures of them at the National Day when and if they attended.

On National Day, I hope to see Grimaldi trio, Casiraghi trio plus little Alexandra and Steph's children.:)

Back
Top Bottom