The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

National Day 2011 - Monaco

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2011!

They will take place on Friday, November 18th and Saturday,
November 19th, 2011, additional events take place the preceding days.

Take a look at the previous threads, with pics and information about the National Day
in 2010, 2009,2008 or at the special thread A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco.

And please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting!

Old 11-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Courtier

I just saw on Monaco info that there will be showing a lot of activity around the Fete Nationale.
Now showing Prince Albert honoring people with the Medailles D'Honneur aux Benevoles.
Tomorrow at 10:30 it starts with Charlene and Stephanie handing out gifts to the Red Cross. And after this nearly the whole day they'll show something!

http://www.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew.nsf/1909!/x3Fr?OpenDocument&3Fr

I can't post anything on the National Day 2011 yet. But I found something interesting: the schedule, and I think that's the program at Monaco info for the days. So maybe one of the mods can place it there!

Fête Nationale Monégasque 2011 - CityOut Monaco

Quote:
Full programme (public events in bold)

Tuesday 15 November

2.30pm Presentation of Medals of Honour by the Minister of State at the Oceanographic Museum
5.30pm Presentation of Medals and Distinctions by HSH Prince Albert II in the Hall of Mirrors, Palace of Monaco, followed by a reception

Wednesday 16 November
9.30am Presentation of Medals for Public Service)
3.00pm: For children aged 3-10 years: "Les aventures magiques" (Salle du Canton)
3.30pm Presentation of Medals (Princess Grace Hospital)

Thursday 17 November
10.30am Presentation of packages to the Red Cross by TSH Princesses Charlene and Stephanie
11.15am Grimaldi Forum: Ceremony of the Guard and presentation of medals
3.00pm Presentation of Medals for Physical Education and Medals of the Ministry of Sport by HSH Prince Albert II
5.15pm Prince's Palace, Throne Room: Presentation of the Orders of St Charles and Grimaldi

Friday 18 November

9.45am Prince's Palace, Throne Room: Presentation of Blood Donor medals
10.30am Prince's Palace Blue Chamber: Presentation of Red Cross medals
11.30am Prince's palace: Presentation of Order of Cultural Merit by the Princess of Hanover
2.30pm Foyer of the Auditorium Rainier III. Presentation of packages to Senior Citizens of Monaco by Princess Stephanie
5.00pm: Prince's Palace, Hall of Mirrors: Presentation to two recipients of La Légion d'Honneur
6.00pm: Diplomatic Corps reception
8.30pm: Hotel Hermitage: Ambassadorial dinner
9.00pm: Firework display and bonfire (Avenue de la Porte Neuve and on the Ramparts)
10.00pm: For children 10 and above: comedy with Roland Magdane 'Attention c'est show' (Salle du Canton)

Saturday 19 November: National Day
10.00am: Thanksgiving Mass and Te Deum in Monaco Cathedral
11.15am: Prince's Palace: Ceremony of the Guard in the Court of Honour. Presentation of badges and medals to the Police and Security Officers of the palace, by HSH Prince Albert
11.30am: Palace Square: Ceremony of the Guard
1.00pm: Official lunch (Throne Room)
6.30pm: Cocktail party for Diplomatic Corps
8.00pm Grimaldi Forum: Gala Soirée (invitation only) in the Salle des Princes. Opera Monte Carlo presents 'Mefistofele' by Arrigo Boito

Sunday 20 November

5.00pm: Gospel concert for children 10 and above with the Golden Gate Quartet (Salle du Canton)

Old 11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Here are two pics of the medal ceremonies at the Princely Palace yesterday, November 15.

The first pic shows Prince Albert with the receivers of the Médailles d’Honneur aux Bénévoles
- the medals of honour for the volunteers, on the second pic you can see retired palace staff
members who were honoured for their work.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if he will make his wife a Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St. Charles as part of the National Day celebrations. I think it would be a nice time to do so.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't think me wrong, but...did Charlene do something that worths she receives that order, or just because she is the wife of the Sovereign she has to receive it?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Well her late mother in law received the Order of St Charles after her civil wedding ceremony so I would suggest being the Consort of the Sovereign Prince is qualification enough......much like in any other monarchy. Guess we will have to wait to see her wearing the order to know what Albert has decided.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well her late mother in law received the Order of St Charles after her civil wedding ceremony so I would suggest being the Consort of the Sovereign Prince is qualification enough......much like in any other monarchy. Guess we will have to wait to see her wearing the order to know what Albert has decided.
I didn't know that, thanks!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Mary of Denmark received and was pictured wearing The Danish Order of the Elephant before she even married Prince Frederick and Daniel Westling received and wore The Order of the Seraphim on his wedding day. Likewise in Britain Prince Philip received the Order of the Garter before marrying Princess Elizabeth in 1947 ie if you are a senior Royal you don't have to EARN your stripes!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, i guess then we'll see her wearing the Order in the Opera Gala. Or in the Balcony? I think if she has it, she'll wear it on the Opera Gala. With the Ocean Tiara. I would suppose that.
Is it Stephanie or Caroline that has one of those Orders? of St Charles or of Grimaldi. I think i read it somewhere but i'm not sure.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Caroline received the Order of St Charles from her father. She received the Order of Cultural Merit from Albert. Stephanie received the Order of the Grimaldi from Albert.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Serene Highness

Is the thin red and white Order sash we've seen in portraits of Grace the Grimaldi Order or The Order of St. Charles? Never knew Monaco had more than the one till I started reading the postings in this thread. Thanks for the new info Everyone, as my knowledge of Monaco and her Royals is pretty basic. :o)
Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Ok, i guess then we'll see her wearing the Order in the Opera Gala. Or in the Balcony? I think if she has it, she'll wear it on the Opera Gala. With the Ocean Tiara. I would suppose that.
Is it Stephanie or Caroline that has one of those Orders? of St Charles or of Grimaldi. I think i read it somewhere but i'm not sure.
probably. But i'm not sure if she will wear it at the Opera. Caroline used to wear it at the Opera but has stopped to do since 2006.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Courtier

I also had no idea of the Grimaldi women wearing orders

Edit: I'm watching Monaco info right now but they don't seem to go live, at least not now.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
Edit: I'm watching Monaco info right now but they don't seem to go live, at least not now.
It is online now with a review of the presentations of medals for legion d'honneur
Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Princess Stephanie giving parcels to Monaco's residents during
the annual charity ceremony at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco on November 17, 2011.

** belga gallery ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** gettyimages/reuters/daylife gallery ** wireimage/gettyimages **
Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlene is nice and I am happy to see Princess Stephanie with the princely couple.

there are also photos of the red cross event on
MYROYALS
Old 11-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Wonderful photographs. Charlene has become quite a busy Princess indeed. Good for her as she really seems to be enjoying her new role. Nice to see Princess Stephanie with them as well.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Nice to see them all together and on some photos they are quite enjoying themselves

Great photos!!!

Having fun... http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...ce-637x0-1.jpg
Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Some other pictures from this morning :
La princesse Charlene rejoint Albert et Stéphanie pour donner avec le sourire

Presentation of the Orders of St Charles and Grimaldi took place at the Palace :

Remise de décorations Ordre de Saint Charles et Grimaldi - Palais Princier de Monaco

Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Albert, Charlene, Caroline, Stephanie and Charlotte at the presentation today, that's really nice to see!

Here's one more pic from today, the presentation of the medals of physical education and sports:

** Pic **