National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks angela for this info.:flowers:
So maybe Steph and Caro wear it again tonight as sash and star.

All the ladies look good. The videos were sweet. But I really had to laugh at Stephanie, her whole demeanor is like: Do I have to be here? :ROFLMAO:
And immediately noticed how much of a mother-hen Caroline is. In the good sense of the words. It's quite sweet to watch.

Andrea's got a very handsome face!

I agree. I'm so glad he's got some of his old handsomeness back. He also seemed very animated and happy during the festivities, which seems like a first in a long time. I also loved seeing the trio interact wtih each other. And I have to echo previous sentiments here, all the ladies really went all out this year. They look gorgeous.

I can see Pierre and Andrea in the back!
It's been ages since those two went to the Opera.

After such a chic start to the day I was expecting so much more in the evening. I guess the magpie in me is always gonna be disappointed by no tiaras and shiny things. :/

I don´t think Caroline is well dressed for the Opera. I think the suit more appropriate for giving an award. Nice but not for the occasion.

The couple looks really odd.

Last edited:
Wonderful photos,Monaco's National Day is one of my favourite Royal gatherings.

I don't know about the chosen outfits yet.
I have to get used to it first I guess. But I don't like Albert's uniform with this kind of blue pants.

It is the uniform of Gala, the men use to wear in winter, in summer they wear the same uniform but it is white.

After year upon boring year of what I call hat-itis (ie no hats or no hats worth mentioning) and tiara-itis in Monaco I really held out hope that Monaco was entering a new era. When Charlene wore that glorious hat to National Day last year and then Albert presented her with two wonderful head pieces I was sure the Monaco Family were going to re-enter the relms of Royal splendour not seen in the country since Princess Grace was alive. Unfortunatley, after today, I feel rather bored again.

Last edited:
I don´t think Caroline is well dressed for the Opera. I think the suit more appropriate for giving an award. Nice but not for the occasion..

I agree, the Chanel suit design is for day wear and not suitable for evening galas. Charlene's hair style for the Opera is not as nice as her hair was during the Mass service earlier in the day. Caroline's hair looked very nice, too bad Charlotte and Stephanie were not there. And when do the Grimaldi ladies wear their tiaras? Hardly any jewels at all.

Last edited:
I don´t think Caroline is well dressed for the Opera. I think the suit more appropriate for giving an award. Nice but not for the occasion.

The couple looks really odd.

As a matter of fact, I think that Caroline looks quite wonderful. The suit is gorgeous, being the evening version of a chanel suit. It is not appropriate for giving an award, since it has a long skirt and is made of typical evening wear material. She outshines Charlene on this occasion in my humble opinion, who is a bit too pale and colourless to carry of the dark grey she is wearing. Charlene could have done with some fantastic earrings, but Caroline looks perfect, the suit says is all, no jewelry needed.
It is not often these days that Caroline looks so perfect, so let's enjoy it:)

Grace always wore a tiara and her Order to the evening Gala on National Day but there does seem to be a problem with doing this among the current Grimaldi women. Caroline wore her Order for years to this event minus her tiara even though she has two stunning family heirloom ones and now even wearing the Order has gone. I suppose Charlene is watching what Caroline is doing which is a shame as I think a good dose of pomp is what Monaco needs.

After such a chic start to the day I was expecting so much more in the evening. I guess the magpie in me is always gonna be disappointed by no tiaras and shiny things. :/
Yes, I can't for the life of me understand why Charlene has been gifted with two new tiaras if she doesn't wear one for occasions such as these. Also, I was expecting she might have been given one of the Grimaldi orders today.

One of the my favorite pictures is this one, where Stephanie is carrying a bag that appears to be a smaller version of the famous Kelly bag.

I am not crazy about the hairstyles of all the ladies. Everyone has hair tightly pulled back, which isn't the most flattering look. On Stephanie, it makes her look so much older. Even Charlotte looks old with her hair pulled back tightly. But I guess it's partially why the ladies do not wear tiaras. You need big hair to wear a tiara, and the current crop of Grimaldi ladies don't seem to have it.

I also was a bit let down by the evening event. I had thought perhaps that Charlen would attend in full gala, Order of St Charles and tiara, for her first National Day as Princess Consort. Like wise for Caroline. Maybe the tone is being set by Albert who did not wear the sash and Star of the Order of St Charles or even the collar of the order. The whole family missed as opportunity to bring back some glamour to the evening.
Liked Charlenes dress (although could have been a more vibrant color) but not her hair or makeup. Liked Carolines hair and makeup but not the dress (looked liked something in my mothers closet from 20 yrs ago) which didnt look quite right for an evening at the opera.

Last edited:
Maybe the Grimaldis are turning republican :ohmy:. I don't mind them (much) leaving the gongs at home this time, but if (for the love of God) we ever get an actual formal portrait of Princess Charlene and her and Prince Albert together, there had better be gongs and ribbons and tiaras or I am going to complain loudly!

Seriously, they've been married long enough, I want my official Prince and Princess portrait already!

Anyway, nice to see that Caro and crew are Toto fans (that was too funny). And then there's Steph, who is either laughing with a smile that looks like she's about to pop -or else she's scowling. Not much in between (but we love ya anyway Steph!)

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

I'm so disappointed by the evening event..Charlene did'nt even look like the wife of a sovereign Prince..no tiara and no Order of St.Charles.Princess Grace got hers right after the civil wedding and when she went to the royal box on that night she looked every inch the Princess of Monaco.With no sash/order and tiara during the natl day celebration..she just ended up looking like in the old days,the companion of Prince Albert.She does'n even have an official portrait in full regalia. Weird.:whistling:

Not their best look. Beige is very boring for the evening and about Prince Albert outfit, best not to mention it !

Yeah, I think many of us feel the same tonight ie what a let down. At this rate it seems that we are going to have to depend on formal events abroad to see Princess Charlene in a tiara etc as nothing that happens in Monaco is going to merit this kind of effort.

I'm so disappointed by the evening event..Charlene did'nt even look like the wife of a sovereign Prince..no tiara and no Order of St.Charles.Princess Grace got hers right after the civil wedding and when she went to the royal box on that night she looked every inch the Princess of Monaco.With no sash/order and tiara during the natl day celebration..she just ended up looking like in the old days,the companion of Prince Albert.She does'n even have an official portrait in full regalia. Weird.:whistling:

She doesn´t even behave like the wife of a sovereign. If you look at the picture where they are singing the anthem, her mouth is absolutely shut, not at least an effort to learn the monegasque national song. And what a special occasion to show she´s worthy of that position in society. Again, she doesn´t care what we think, or anyone. The role is too much for her.
As for the order, I wonder what for? They probably feel she´s not going to stay for long.

As for Caroline´s dress Pruts, I don´t know if it´a appropriate, I would have liked a long dress. She shines anyway, and no jewels or tiara needed.

Last edited:
I also was a bit let down by the evening event. I had thought perhaps that Charlen would attend in full gala, Order of St Charles and tiara, for her first National Day as Princess Consort. Like wise for Caroline. Maybe the tone is being set by Albert who did not wear the sash and Star of the Order of St Charles or even the collar of the order. The whole family missed as opportunity to bring back some glamour to the evening.
Liked Charlenes dress (although could have been a more vibrant color) but not her hair or makeup. Liked Carolines hair and makeup but not the dress (looked liked something in my mothers closet from 20 yrs ago) which didnt look quite right for an evening at the opera.

Perhaps they are aware of the unrest throughout the world in regards to the economic troubles that many countries are experiencing. Everyone looked fashionable and very nice, no one was covered in bling or excessive wealth.

I think that Charlene doesn't look well. She seems pale to me. She's always been fair-skinned and fair-haired, but she hasn't always looked this pale and drawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the order, I wonder what for? They probably feel she´s not going to stay for long.

*facepalm*

I'm pretty sure the giant wedding and the beautiful tiaras and the fact that Albert married her in the first place means she'll be sticking around for a long time.

Also, I wasn't a huge fan of her dress tonight, but her outfit earlier in the day was perfect.

If they didn't think she would stick around, they wouldn't have gone through all the hassle with the wedding!

I did wonder if Albert was waiting for something something significant to happen before giving Charlene the order. Which leads to...

I do know that most orders are rewards for service to the crown. Charlene is still new to the job, and it would cheapen the honor to give it just for marrying into the family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom