The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Nobility

I'm so disappointed by the evening event..Charlene did'nt even look like the wife of a sovereign Prince..no tiara and no Order of St.Charles.Princess Grace got hers right after the civil wedding and when she went to the royal box on that night she looked every inch the Princess of Monaco.With no sash/order and tiara during the natl day celebration..she just ended up looking like in the old days,the companion of Prince Albert.She does'n even have an official portrait in full regalia. Weird.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not their best look. Beige is very boring for the evening and about Prince Albert outfit, best not to mention it !

Old 11-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, I think many of us feel the same tonight ie what a let down. At this rate it seems that we are going to have to depend on formal events abroad to see Princess Charlene in a tiara etc as nothing that happens in Monaco is going to merit this kind of effort.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
I'm so disappointed by the evening event..Charlene did'nt even look like the wife of a sovereign Prince..no tiara and no Order of St.Charles.Princess Grace got hers right after the civil wedding and when she went to the royal box on that night she looked every inch the Princess of Monaco.With no sash/order and tiara during the natl day celebration..she just ended up looking like in the old days,the companion of Prince Albert.She does'n even have an official portrait in full regalia. Weird.

She doesn´t even behave like the wife of a sovereign. If you look at the picture where they are singing the anthem, her mouth is absolutely shut, not at least an effort to learn the monegasque national song. And what a special occasion to show she´s worthy of that position in society. Again, she doesn´t care what we think, or anyone. The role is too much for her.
As for the order, I wonder what for? They probably feel she´s not going to stay for long.

As for Caroline´s dress Pruts, I don´t know if it´a appropriate, I would have liked a long dress. She shines anyway, and no jewels or tiara needed.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I also was a bit let down by the evening event. I had thought perhaps that Charlen would attend in full gala, Order of St Charles and tiara, for her first National Day as Princess Consort. Like wise for Caroline. Maybe the tone is being set by Albert who did not wear the sash and Star of the Order of St Charles or even the collar of the order. The whole family missed as opportunity to bring back some glamour to the evening.
Liked Charlenes dress (although could have been a more vibrant color) but not her hair or makeup. Liked Carolines hair and makeup but not the dress (looked liked something in my mothers closet from 20 yrs ago) which didnt look quite right for an evening at the opera.
Perhaps they are aware of the unrest throughout the world in regards to the economic troubles that many countries are experiencing. Everyone looked fashionable and very nice, no one was covered in bling or excessive wealth.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that Charlene doesn't look well. She seems pale to me. She's always been fair-skinned and fair-haired, but she hasn't always looked this pale and drawn.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
As for the order, I wonder what for? They probably feel she´s not going to stay for long.
*facepalm*

I'm pretty sure the giant wedding and the beautiful tiaras and the fact that Albert married her in the first place means she'll be sticking around for a long time.

Also, I wasn't a huge fan of her dress tonight, but her outfit earlier in the day was perfect.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
If they didn't think she would stick around, they wouldn't have gone through all the hassle with the wedding!

I did wonder if Albert was waiting for something something significant to happen before giving Charlene the order. Which leads to...

I do know that most orders are rewards for service to the crown. Charlene is still new to the job, and it would cheapen the honor to give it just for marrying into the family.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's an additional gallery putting Alexandra in the centre of attention, which is quite nice:

** Alexandra de Hanovre : La petite princesse a tout d'une grande ! **

(Alexandra of Hannover: The little princess has everything of a big/grown-up princess)

And a gallery from ppe from the evening: ** ppe gallery 2 **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** purepeople: Albert et Charlene de Monaco : Unis et complices sur un air d'opéra... **
Old 11-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene's dress for the opera was very nice but color is not suitable for her skin. She looked like a zombie, pale like sick.
Caroline's outfit was very rich, too much heavy in volume, in glitters. All too much. And i did not like her hair. All the appearance make her look old.
As for Albert these trousers are clownish! They migth be the uniform but worn by him is a catastrophy.
Generally I think that they are all failed!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
*facepalm*

I'm pretty sure the giant wedding and the beautiful tiaras and the fact that Albert married her in the first place means she'll be sticking around for a long time.

Also, I wasn't a huge fan of her dress tonight, but her outfit earlier in the day was perfect.

The giant wedding was all promotion for the principality, and yet it didn´t have much success, but it´s old news.
A long time might mean "as long as she provides him a heir".

Grace was given the order as soon as she became princess. But, well, she was Grace. She was synonym of charm, she only needed to smile. She came to Monaco to stay and work, and she knew what work meant. She did what she had to do, she had a strong personality, charisma, bearing, glamour. I saw this on one on the balconies today. On the other one, all stiffness and fakeness. I´m sorry but the national day is not only to comment on what the ladies look like. It is a very special day for monegasques. It´s not about putting all your best clothes and most expensive ones. It´s a celebration of their traditions. You can see in their chantes they are proud of their princely family and country. They deserve more respect and dedication. They deserve someone who is hardly "trying" unless to represent them. CW looks and behaves like a total stranger to their culture and customs, and a foreigner after many years living there.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

I am a bit disappointed by their evening appearance too. Albert looks a bit funny in his uniform, whose trousers look like sweatpants. Not best outfit for Charlene either. Strange unflattering collor for her and too heavy eye-make-up. And Caroline - well, not bad, but her fashion heyday is over.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I prefer the outfit of Princess Charlene during the ceremony of the morning.
, The uniform of the prince is the uniform that all the princes use to wear during an evening ceremony. The uniform of other princes in other royalties are as ridiculious this uniform.Prince Rainier wore the same uniform and the prince who will succed to Prince Albert will wear the same uniform.
The couple is on all the stamps in Principauty, on the coins of Euro, The official portrait of Princesse Charlène is the photo of the wedding when she is alone. We find it on the wall of the City Hall in Monaco.
That is more important than the medalof Grimaldi , You buy every day a stamp or you pay with euros, the medal of Saint Charles is for the decorum Nothing more.
There will be a sell of special stamps on december with the couple on it.
Time changed. princess Grace received very quicky the medal of Saint Charles. Princess Charleneis saying always she did not want to be compared to Princess Grace. She will receive the decoration when it will the right time . At the birth of a child? I think it is not usefull to make a dicussion about this. The subject here is the fest of the prince not about the future of the princess that some people would like to be away.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Nobility

ah Melina,I like PC but it does'nt mean that I have to stop being curious as to why she did'nt get the Order of St.Charles yet...Prince Albert should give her one,she's the sovereign consort of Monaco.He married her yes, but i don't feel like there's a Princess of Monaco...and as for a possible reason that she might get it when she bears an heir,then that's a lame excuse..because you don't get compensated for bearing a child imo.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Courtier

Does someone know when and why Stephanie and Caroline received the orders??
Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Yes, I prefer the outfit of Princess Charlene during the ceremony of the morning.
, The uniform of the prince is the uniform that all the princes use to wear during an evening ceremony. The uniform of other princes in other royalties are as ridiculious this uniform.Prince Rainier wore the same uniform and the prince who will succed to Prince Albert will wear the same uniform.
But Prince Rainier wore it with a black trouser not a blue one. Thibnk it looked b etter this way.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/274...12BFBC53586116

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with Burnt. I would have thought that National Day was the best occasion to present Charlene with the order as it kind of "cements" her as Princess Consort. When she makes a state trip abroad & other Royal ladies are wearing sashes, Albert might have to decide to grant one quickly! On the otherhand, there's a chance she could be presented with an order from the host royal family which would be weird if she hasn't received one from Monaco first
Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Since Albert & Caroline did not wear the Order of St Charles at the Opera we cannot be positive that Charlene does not have it in a drawer back in her apartment at the palace but if not no doubt she will receive it eventually. There are just so few occassions in Monaco to wear full gala it is too bad the family didn't for National Day.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But Prince Rainier wore it with a black trouser not a blue one. Thibnk it looked b etter this way.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/274...12BFBC53586116
Prince Rainier is not in uniform at all in that photo, just a tux. Prince Albert and the two officers behind them are wearing their uniforms and all of them are wearing blue trousers with red stripes. Rainier did have a unique uniform that I've never seen Albert in but I don't recall him ever wearing anything like it to the opera.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Did someone trace the Casiraghi's partners?