The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Andrea's got a very handsome face!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Courtier

I agree. I'm so glad he's got some of his old handsomeness back. He also seemed very animated and happy during the festivities, which seems like a first in a long time. I also loved seeing the trio interact wtih each other. And I have to echo previous sentiments here, all the ladies really went all out this year. They look gorgeous.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Courtier

First pics from tonight!
http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nac...foto/133457189
http://www.gettyimages.de/Search/Sea...onal+Day+2011+
Old 11-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can see Pierre and Andrea in the back!
It's been ages since those two went to the Opera.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Their suits are très chique

more pics are on newscom.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

After such a chic start to the day I was expecting so much more in the evening. I guess the magpie in me is always gonna be disappointed by no tiaras and shiny things. :/
Old 11-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics from tonight without watermarks:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Monaco National Day 2011 - Gala Evening **
Old 11-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

I don´t think Caroline is well dressed for the Opera. I think the suit more appropriate for giving an award. Nice but not for the occasion.

The couple looks really odd.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful photos,Monaco's National Day is one of my favourite Royal gatherings.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Courtier

I don't know about the chosen outfits yet.
I have to get used to it first I guess. But I don't like Albert's uniform with this kind of blue pants.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

It is the uniform of Gala, the men use to wear in winter, in summer they wear the same uniform but it is white.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

After year upon boring year of what I call hat-itis (ie no hats or no hats worth mentioning) and tiara-itis in Monaco I really held out hope that Monaco was entering a new era. When Charlene wore that glorious hat to National Day last year and then Albert presented her with two wonderful head pieces I was sure the Monaco Family were going to re-enter the relms of Royal splendour not seen in the country since Princess Grace was alive. Unfortunatley, after today, I feel rather bored again.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Nobility

fête nationale à Monaco

Old 11-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I don´t think Caroline is well dressed for the Opera. I think the suit more appropriate for giving an award. Nice but not for the occasion..

I agree, the Chanel suit design is for day wear and not suitable for evening galas. Charlene's hair style for the Opera is not as nice as her hair was during the Mass service earlier in the day. Caroline's hair looked very nice, too bad Charlotte and Stephanie were not there. And when do the Grimaldi ladies wear their tiaras? Hardly any jewels at all.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I don´t think Caroline is well dressed for the Opera. I think the suit more appropriate for giving an award. Nice but not for the occasion.

The couple looks really odd.
As a matter of fact, I think that Caroline looks quite wonderful. The suit is gorgeous, being the evening version of a chanel suit. It is not appropriate for giving an award, since it has a long skirt and is made of typical evening wear material. She outshines Charlene on this occasion in my humble opinion, who is a bit too pale and colourless to carry of the dark grey she is wearing. Charlene could have done with some fantastic earrings, but Caroline looks perfect, the suit says is all, no jewelry needed.
It is not often these days that Caroline looks so perfect, so let's enjoy it
Old 11-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Grace always wore a tiara and her Order to the evening Gala on National Day but there does seem to be a problem with doing this among the current Grimaldi women. Caroline wore her Order for years to this event minus her tiara even though she has two stunning family heirloom ones and now even wearing the Order has gone. I suppose Charlene is watching what Caroline is doing which is a shame as I think a good dose of pomp is what Monaco needs.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
After such a chic start to the day I was expecting so much more in the evening. I guess the magpie in me is always gonna be disappointed by no tiaras and shiny things. :/
Yes, I can't for the life of me understand why Charlene has been gifted with two new tiaras if she doesn't wear one for occasions such as these. Also, I was expecting she might have been given one of the Grimaldi orders today.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Nobility

One of the my favorite pictures is this one, where Stephanie is carrying a bag that appears to be a smaller version of the famous Kelly bag.

I am not crazy about the hairstyles of all the ladies. Everyone has hair tightly pulled back, which isn't the most flattering look. On Stephanie, it makes her look so much older. Even Charlotte looks old with her hair pulled back tightly. But I guess it's partially why the ladies do not wear tiaras. You need big hair to wear a tiara, and the current crop of Grimaldi ladies don't seem to have it.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I also was a bit let down by the evening event. I had thought perhaps that Charlen would attend in full gala, Order of St Charles and tiara, for her first National Day as Princess Consort. Like wise for Caroline. Maybe the tone is being set by Albert who did not wear the sash and Star of the Order of St Charles or even the collar of the order. The whole family missed as opportunity to bring back some glamour to the evening.
Liked Charlenes dress (although could have been a more vibrant color) but not her hair or makeup. Liked Carolines hair and makeup but not the dress (looked liked something in my mothers closet from 20 yrs ago) which didnt look quite right for an evening at the opera.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Maybe the Grimaldis are turning republican . I don't mind them (much) leaving the gongs at home this time, but if (for the love of God) we ever get an actual formal portrait of Princess Charlene and her and Prince Albert together, there had better be gongs and ribbons and tiaras or I am going to complain loudly!

Seriously, they've been married long enough, I want my official Prince and Princess portrait already!

Anyway, nice to see that Caro and crew are Toto fans (that was too funny). And then there's Steph, who is either laughing with a smile that looks like she's about to pop -or else she's scowling. Not much in between (but we love ya anyway Steph!)