National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PC looks stunning as always:flowers: but I have only one thing to say CW dress she looks like Mae West with out the red lippy!:yuk:

Yes, now I see who she reminded me! Eva Peron! uf Is she trying to look older?
Yeah, she does look like her. Specially in the video. Well, now we can't say she looks like Grace :p
Over all she looked good, minus the hat and the car driver gloves.
I think i prefere her Gala outfit.

Thanks a lot for the evening link, tdarlene!

Nice to see Albert flanked by two lovely women and good for Stephanie that Charlene attended,
as Stephanie once mentioned that she didn't like the opera thing that much ..;)
Me personally I'm not overly excited about Charlene's evening dress, I would have preferred if
the upper part was cut a bit higher and the colour shift was more harmonious - personal taste..;)

Princess Caroline of Hanover, Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock arrive to attend the Monaco National day Gala concert at Grimaldi forum on November 19, 2010 in Monaco, Monaco.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE GROTESQUE TAN LINE ON CHARLENE?! Take a look at her evening dress....maybe it's me, but it appears that her face and chest are sun-burned, and her shoulders are normal color, then, she has a light-colored shaul......help....:bang:

for me, in this photo Pierre looks like his late father Stefano
getty

Totally agree - of all the kids, I think that Pierre most closely resembles his dad - same shaped head/face, expressions and features.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE GROTESQUE TAN LINE ON CHARLENE?! Take a look at her evening dress....maybe it's me, but it appears that her face and chest are sun-burned, and her shoulders are normal color, then, she has a light-colored shaul......help....:bang:

It doesn't look like a tan line to me. It looks like shadows from the way the lighting is designed.

If you look at the picture of her here --> http://i.huffpost.com/gen/220878/CHARLENE-WITTSTOCK.jpgHuffington Post , you can see that she looks fine.

^true. Good eye.

Charlene's expression could be a misunderstanding, as well, however it says " Now that I brought off successfully this whole marriage thing, I can finally show you guys your place". Haha, this will be interesting to watch!

I unlike CW style - I don't understand her ...:ermm:
What it was the hat? Who is her stylist?:sad:
She is tall and has a strong constitution, why do more to emphasize those aspects of her body, which needs to be slightly hide?:ermm:

P.S. Sorry for my English:cool:

NathalieCox pointed out that Fernanda Palici a.k.a. Fernanda Casiraghi was honoured by the Prince with the Grimaldi Order, for her services of president of the Accademia Italiana della Cucina (Italian Academy of Cookery).

The other family member was John F. Lehman, Albert's cousin who looks after the Princess Grace Foundation USA.

Actually, both her evening dress and day outfit are Giorgio Armani. But the evening dress makes her upper body look so wide and unelegant.

It's interesting to read about how smug or whatever Prince Albert's fiance looks considering that in the group shots Albert's sisters look pretty depressed or cold. I thought the hat was dramatic but all in all it was a impressive outfit.

i applaud Charlene's fashion choice for the Mass. better to be overdressed than under-dressed especially for a future princess.

Chris Levine was in two photos with Prince Albert on Belga. Did anyone catch that?

Charlene really impressed me with her morning outfit for the mass! I loved her hat, she looked so regal and elegant! I really think she'll make a great consort. Her dress for the gala concert was nice but it would look better if it was in one color, preferably, the light one.

Actually, both her evening dress and day outfit are Giorgio Armani. But the evening dress makes her upper body look so wide and unelegant.

I totally agree with Empress Merel regarding the evening dress.The dress itself is beautiful but Charlene looks like an American football player in it.Her shoulders look huge and the head looks like a peanut, at least in the photos.The suit however fitted her perfectly.

Love the hair but not sure about the dress, but I have never appreciated these kinds of coulours...my taste...

^true. Good eye.

Charlene's expression could be a misunderstanding, as well, however it says " Now that I brought off successfully this whole marriage thing, I can finally show you guys your place". Haha, this will be interesting to watch!
She looks rather shy to me.... I can't see any arrogance:flowers:

I think she looks really lovely alot better than Caroline and most certainly Stephanie. The brown is rich and the suit is a perfect colour for the occasion not too light or dark. As for being no Grace well that is a hard act to follow and she'll have to live with that one, but no Caroline please....... She should be able to speak French a lot better than she is able by this but she looks to me that she really wants thsi job and is doing okay so far IMO
I agree.
As soon as I saw the photos of them all together, I was literally blown away by Charlene's apperance - we don't see THAT level of fashion in Monaco, do we.
I adore Princess Caroline very much and I have a whole collection of pictures on her exquisite fashion sense but Monaco royals on ND don't look quite.. put together. Princess Caroline and Charlotte dress up nicely but abit too Chanel-ish all the time - meaning limited choice.

Personally, I think Swedish Royals dress nicely for every occasion - from head to toe - not too overdone, just enough but enough to look elegantly sophisticated. And I think Charlene did just that.. (Maybe a liTTle too much with gloves but over all it was very good. I guess she was very conscious of the occasion since it was her first official apperance after the engagement announcement, right? And ND is a big occasion. Gotta give her the credit for having tried to look well - good.

Albert and Charlene - they look good together and most of all, happy.
Wish them all the best.

Last edited:
God!!!!!! I knew she was tacky, but trying to show up her new breasts in the Opera night! The "jealous people of Monaco" must have been laughing hard. Have some class please or the boat is going to sink quickly!!

Monaco used to be a glamurous place to visit. And Caroline pretending to be comfortable in this situation. I don´t believe her.

Last edited:
A disliked Charlene's appearance and image as well. Her attire mixed with the demeanor that I interpret from the photos make her seem very stiff and pompous. Even on the balcony she held her head high and appeared to look down her nose at the people below. I've never gotten that perception of her before, and it really shocked me. Perhaps she is over compensating in an attempt to equalize herself with Caroline and Stephanie. But their grace is effortless, while Charlene's was VERY forced. I understand that she has a more English sense of grace and class, being African, but hats do not equal regal on mainland Europe. Though I do mentally draw an immediate comparison to something that may have been worn by Princess Grace. So I see where she is coming from. She will come in to her own in time.

Last edited:
You can't see her breasts, so I don't know what on earth you're talking about. Every photo of her I've seen in the evening gown, her bosoms are covered. You can't even see cleavage.

You know, you can dislike someone without resorting to making things up. I think we all get it, most of you dislike this woman for reasons known only unto you (and frankly, it should stay that way) but for the love of cheese and crackers, can we please stop with the overblown, melodramatic posts? Some of you are talking about her like she burned your house down, drove your car into a tree, called your mother a derogatory word and then stole your dog.

Sorry to be repeating myself, but I do not think that Charlene's expressions were due to shyness, and that she wore a nervous smile.
The way she looked down on Caroline and Stephanie when coming out of the church says it all.:sad:

Go back and look at the old pics of shy D, and you will see what I mean.
As for her outfit reminding to the 50's, that could have been an idea from their PR, so the comparisons with P.ss Grace will abound.

Sister M, I have nothing against Charlene. Actually I used to defend her when she entered the scene, although I didn't like the pitiful show she and Albert had put up in front of the cameras in Turin, but I thought it was aminly Albert's fault.
She or another one on the throne of Monaco is the same to me. I used to support her and thought she would learn, but yesterday she looked totally disappointing to me. I'm not talking about plastic surgery, IMO anyone can do whatever he/she pleases with her/his own body. I also do not understand all that fuss about her smoking either: anyone is responsible for his/her own actions, and will be liable for his/her consequences, when an adult is concerned, of course.
I simply found her behaviour disappointing. No wonder she's very few friends. She's fortunate to have any if she behaves like that.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sister Morphine - in that one picture, her skin looks fine, so maybe it is the lighting in other pictures - either way, because of her "swimmer's shoulders" combined with odd lighting, the dress is unflattering

^true. Good eye.

You just get this feeling that she's not yet earned the respect of Pss Caroline and Stephanie (despite the phony smiles), and probably didn't appreciate having to walk behind them, or defer to them....it may appear that she's feeling superior or look over confident, now that she's engaged to Prince Albert, but she's going to have to earn the love and respect of her inlaws and the people of Monaco, rather than act like she "owns" them....

She doesn´t need to show her breasts to be vulgar, it is enough to insinuate. On the contrary, I would like not to read so many condescending comments, but this is a forum and everyone is entitled to whatever opinion, even those statement like "I am happy for the couple", that I saw repeated a thousand times, around the board. It is pretty sad that people are happy for people they don´t know. Buty as I said, each one his own.

As for the dress, I cannot imagine a less apropriate one for a gala at the opera, it would have been good in a mediocre actress looking for media attention at a premiere. She doesn´t know at all how to dress for this type of events. And don´t blame the PR again please! So what? does it mean I have something against her? If I have to say it again, no!! The fact that she has a terrible taste doesn´t make her my enemy. I don´t care either who marries P A. Anyone in that position will have to face more than difficult circumstances. I am not sure if this woman knows whare she is getting into.
The sad looks on Caroline says a lot. She has always spoken through her body language and dressing style.

Last edited:
Now Charlene has a very special position. She is more than a royal girlfriend but she is less than a princess consort. She is a princessin waiting. However I think Caroline that person who could adapt this fact
hardly because she has a lot of things to lose. Making friends is very hard
in Monaco. Money, valuable business interests rule every relationships.
:whistling:Do you wonder why CW has only two real friends? She has her own reasons how to behave like this. She would like to prove everyone that is a valuable person who is very worth to become Princess of Monaco.
I believe her she expierienced a lot of jealousy from eli society of Monaco.
A lot of rich people looked down on her because she is a foreign girl who doesn't have a stable financial backround .She is not a noble woman with education or professional career. I also think CW was fed up with all these behaviour, judgement and disapprovement. Now her time is come she shows with her behaviour, face gestures,fashion style that she is the future princess of Monaco. " Nobody can ignore her.
She will gain love of citizens when she will gave birth to Alberts' first male offspring.

Guys, i think that we misunderstood Charlene.
Anyway, she looks fabulous!!

I guess I can understand how she may be over compensating for a possible inferiority complex... And I'm not at all criticizing Charlene. I just always had an idea in my head about her, concocted through official event photos and those seen of her privately with Albert, and I saw something very different in these shots from yesterday. I though that she was a slightly shy person who loved Albert. I never saw her as a gold digger the way some other have insinuated. But I think that this first balcony appearance was surely to have scared the pants off of her, and she dropped the metaphoric ball as a result...

And I actually quite liked the gala gown. We've seen Caroline and Charlotte (and most definitely Stephanie) in things exponentially more revealing, if that's what everyone is complaining about...

I liked very much her balcony outfit, even the hat - it was a reminiscence of Golden Era of Monaco with glamorous Grace for me (and no, I don´t compare Charlene with her deceased mother-in-law and don´t want to do it). Albert´s sisters looked beside her quite inconspicuous - but it is logical, now Charlene´s era is coming. She didn´t look at all arrogant to me, her smiles were happy and shy a bit. She must have been quite nervous, being for the first time at such an important occasion as a royal fiancee, with all views targeted on her. Her evening outfit was beautiful as well, only her shoulders looked too wide in it.

I guess I can understand how she may be over compensating for a possible inferiority complex... And I'm not at all criticizing Charlene. I just always had an idea in my head about her, concocted through official event photos and those seen of her privately with Albert, and I saw something very different in these shots from yesterday. I though that she was a slightly shy person who loved Albert. I never saw her as a gold digger the way some other have insinuated. But I think that this first balcony appearance was surely to have scared the pants off of her, and she dropped the metaphoric ball as a result...

And I actually quite liked the gala gown. We've seen Caroline and Charlotte (and most definitely Stephanie) in things exponentially more revealing, if that's what everyone is complaining about...

I do agree: she looked shy and smiled shyly. I have never understood all this antagonism against her. Her appearance during the day was nice, if not a bit overwhelming, and her evening dress was elegant as well. Maybe a bit too flashy, but come on, she has to learn. And who knows... maybe good old Albert likes her to dress that way! In any case, she looked like a dream compared to Stephanie, poor woman. What would a psychologist make of her appearances at official occasions? Dressed and made out so poorly, that it has an air of doing it on purpose.

Charlene looks every inch the Princess of Monaco on the balcony.
I like the gesture of Albert towards Charlene when they were going to the car in the video and the pictures of the whole family on the balcony, they looked like they are a tight family and were having fun.
Seeing the A&C on the balcony is looking at a new era for Monaco.
And I don't think Caroline or Stephanie mind that they will get less attention. Both of them said in interviews that they aren't keen on all the attention.

Last edited:
I was also surprised by Charlene's demeanour. I wonder if she's been to "princess school" and as a result she was very self-conscious and her actions are not quite natural yet. Her outfit looked OTT compared to the others (although she looked well), and her wave...lol, compare her stiff hand to Albert's warm wave.

And what's with all the black? Even Charlotte and Alexandra were in black. It's like Charlene didn't read the dress-code. Or was it a deliberate attempt on behalf of the others to let her stand out, for good or bad reasons?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom