The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
lol lol school of princess?? Caroline as a mentor! You have to stop by more frequently in the Monaco forum. La Princess Caroline would never ever have looked so vulgar, first of all because her body and face still look natural. Second, she knows exactly what is the diference between a formal gala and a "party", between a hat and something that looks in your head like a pizza mold. And honestly, I have not seen a picture where it seems like they get along.
Sit. Down. Everything Charlene has worn on National Day does not classify as vulgar.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Sit. Down. Everything Charlene has worn on National Day does not classify as vulgar.

It´s not important what you wear, but how you look. You can wear Armani, and still look vulgar. And the dress is not for a gala!! Get over

Old 11-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I could not agree more. Charlene looked GLAMOUROUS, as Caroline used to look years ago. Not only wasn't anything she wore on National Day vulgar, her whole appearance was not vulgar.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It´s not important what you wear, but how you look. You can wear Armani, and still look vulgar. And the dress is not for a gala!! Get over
I have nothing to get over.

Please, Charlene looks fine. You obviously haven't seen anyone who looks vulgar or your whole opinion on vulgar is just wacked. Charlene was styled to impress. If this was Caroline wearing the exact same dress, most people would fall over and kiss the ground she walks on.

Charlene wears the dress with confidence and class. Her hair looks nice, her make-up is good. Too bad the dress isn't made for a person with strong and wide shoulders, emphasized by the veil around her arms. If this is vulgar, well then, there is no hope for the rest of us and most of us all are all prostitutes.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Yes! i was getting worried.
I guess they want more pics of Charlene, to promote her.
And they overdid it in that " promotion ". Everything seems to do done to impose Ms Wittstock ( i never manage to write her name right ) to the monegasques. Her outfit is ugly ( and to « retro », as if someone were trying too hard to make her look like a " grace kelly replic " ) the hat is dreadful ( I remember P. Di wearing one just like that back in the 80's and it looked already awful back then... ) and it seems to have been specifically chosen to make a statement. Final result: lack of naturality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia View Post
Caroline would never tolerate this!
Blessed may she be for that!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
And they overdid it in that " promotion ". Everything seems to do done to impose Ms Wittstock ( i never manage to write her name right ) to the monegasques. Her outfit is ugly ( and to « retro », as if someone were trying too hard to make her look like a " grace kelly replic " ) the hat is dreadful ( I remember P. Di wearing one just like that back in the 80's and it looked already awful back then... ) and it seems to have been specifically chosen to make a statement. Final result: lack of naturality...
What on earth did this girl to annoy you all so much? Amazing, and as Empress Merel so wisely stated, had it been Caroline wearing THE hat, she would have been the epitome of style and chic.
Cast your arrows to the awful Stephanie, just a suggestion though....
Old 11-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Well they all seems to be looking elegant this year, including P.ss Stephanie.
The only thing I do not like is the expression Charlene wore on her face.
I've always given this girl the benefit of the doubt, but her smile looked pretty arrogant IMO.
I totally agree with you Tosca... i can't help feeling there's something fishy in this lady! But time ( and life ) will tell. By the way, just compare her triumphant look and pose with the simplicity of P. Caroline's manner ( and yes, the last one was born a real princess and spent her whole life on that balcony )!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

You said it yourself, Caroline had a lifetime practicing on that balcony. Charlene has yet to bring a scandal upon Monaco. Something Caroline, Albert and Stephanie both failed at.

Time will tell.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Agree!!! I had the same feeling when I saw the pic and after i read your post!

She has an expression "I finally succeed, I'm very capable"

The only problem she really, really has is that she hasn't done anything yet to prove her value... and if she already goes abroad with the Souveraign Prince in official trips and international social events ( eventhough she hasn't married him and thus not having yet an official status ) she could very well have already starting fulfilling some official functions in Monaco! after all, being a princess is more than nice dresses and travelling around the world

Quote:
She doesn´t need to show her breasts to be vulgar, it is enough to insinuate. On the contrary, I would like not to read so many condescending comments, but this is a forum and everyone is entitled to whatever opinion, even those statement like "I am happy for the couple", that I saw repeated a thousand times, around the board. It is pretty sad that people are happy for people they don´t know. Buty as I said, each one his own.

As for the dress, I cannot imagine a less apropriate one for a gala at the opera, it would have been good in a mediocre actress looking for media attention at a premiere. She doesn´t know at all how to dress for this type of events. And don´t blame the PR again please! So what? does it mean I have something against her? If I have to say it again, no!! The fact that she has a terrible taste doesn´t make her my enemy. I don´t care either who marries P A. Anyone in that position will have to face more than difficult circumstances. I am not sure if this woman knows whare she is getting into.
The sad looks on Caroline says a lot. She has always spoken through her body language and dressing style.
Yes, absolutely!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Commoner

Why are people so unkind, Charlene look stunning. Her outfit on National Day was gorgeous and the evening gown was beautiful. Give her a go!, she will find her way and blossum as she goes.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Courtier

^ People are unkind to Charlene for the same reasons they are unkind when talking about Kate Middleton...because they haven't "proven" anything yet. I agree, we have to give them time to prove themselves. People need to calm down. Neither one of these ladies has done anything to disgrace their future spouses or their countries. I think some people just don't like change.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Please, Charlene looks fine. You obviously haven't seen anyone who looks vulgar or your whole opinion on vulgar is just wacked. Charlene was styled to impress.

Hey, you are entitled to your own taste!

I think she looks like she´s trying to catch attention too hard!! It is a National Day, not CW day. She could´nt have chosen a less appropriate dress for a gala where all the elite, rich and snob people of Monaco are going to attend in a tight strapless that marked her bulky fake breasts. It is not the occasion! Of course the media will use words like stunning, amazing, glamourous, beautiful. They, as well as Albert have to "sell" a new princess. I dont buy it.

An do not make assumptions about me please.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

"bulky fake breasts"?

Her breasts are not bulky. I should know, I work with and go to school with women who have fake boobs and trust me......if Charlene has has breast augmentation surgery, her doctor did a fantastic job making them look 100% natural. She was a swimmer, so her upper body is going to be more muscular than the average woman. She can't help that. If you do exercises that work out your upper body, the muscles under the breasts will gain some bulk which can make you look larger, even though the breasts themselves have not increased cup-wise.

All that said, Charlene does not have bulky breasts. I think this is a case of someone looking for any reason to disparage someone and resorting to making things up to do it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-20-2010, 08:53 PM

I think Charlene looked great. I do not understand all the hatred towards her. She has not done anything wrong yet.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She doesn´t need to show her breasts to be vulgar, it is enough to insinuate. On the contrary, I would like not to read so many condescending comments, but this is a forum and everyone is entitled to whatever opinion, even those statement like "I am happy for the couple", that I saw repeated a thousand times, around the board. It is pretty sad that people are happy for people they don´t know. Buty as I said, each one his own.

As for the dress, I cannot imagine a less apropriate one for a gala at the opera, it would have been good in a mediocre actress looking for media attention at a premiere. She doesn´t know at all how to dress for this type of events. And don´t blame the PR again please! So what? does it mean I have something against her? If I have to say it again, no!! The fact that she has a terrible taste doesn´t make her my enemy. I don´t care either who marries P A. Anyone in that position will have to face more than difficult circumstances. I am not sure if this woman knows whare she is getting into.
The sad looks on Caroline says a lot. She has always spoken through her body language and dressing style.

Let's see....you don't understand, or you find it "sad" that one can be happy that someone they have never met has found success or happiness....but you CAN understand being relentlessly vicious and uncharitable toward someone YOU don't know?? That is perverse, quite frankly.

And unless you have received special training in body language or know Princess Caroline personally it is absurd to say she is only "pretending" to be pleased with her future sister-in-law.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Courtier

I like Charlene's hat but not her clothes. The pattern is very old. I fancy Charlotte's dress and it was a good thing she had her hair in a bun. Pss Alexandra is very cute.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Let's see....you don't understand, or find it "sad" that one can be happy that someone they have never met has found success or happiness....but you CAN understand being relentlessly vicious and uncharitable toward someone YOU don't know?? That is perverse, quite frankly.

That was going to be my question. If it's "sad" to say you're happy for someone, even if you don't know them......what's the correct thing to say? That you wish them nothing but misery and pain? That you hope they only know sadness and tears for the rest of their lives? I don't get that. I don't have to physically be friends with any of the royals discussed on this site to hope they have happy marriages, healthy children, peaceful reigns and the like. It's just basic human decency.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You can't see her breasts, so I don't know what on earth you're talking about. Every photo of her I've seen in the evening gown, her bosoms are covered. You can't even see cleavage.

You know, you can dislike someone without resorting to making things up. I think we all get it, most of you dislike this woman for reasons known only unto you (and frankly, it should stay that way) but for the love of cheese and crackers, can we please stop with the overblown, melodramatic posts? Some of you are talking about her like she burned your house down, drove your car into a tree, called your mother a derogatory word and then stole your dog.
Many posters act as if Charlene personally snubbed them whilst viewing them (the posters) from the palace balcony. Oh Charlene - s'il vous plaît - give them back their dog!

Charlene looked a little apprehensive to me, she appeared relaxed and seemed to enjoy herself when she was in the company of Stephanie, Andrea and other members of the Grimaldi clan. Give her time and she will do a nice job as consort of Prince Albert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpretender View Post
I think Charlene looked great. I do not understand all the hatred towards her. She has not done anything wrong yet.
I agree. Prince Albert is not my relative, I am not Monégasque so I don't care who he marries. Charlene has a difficult job ahead of her and I wish her well.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree. Charlene had pretty suit and nice hat, IMO, but she was not glamorous. Something was missing. She does not have this X factor. The suit was wearing her.

CW's gala dress was just bad. It was too tight and revealing. So I agree with you rosana, that this dress made Charlene looking vulgar. The designer dress is not everything.

I also think Stephanie looked bad. Her hair was a mess. This ponytail looked sad and not right at National Day.

Why Grimaldis continue to dress in these sad, dark colors. Even Charlotte looked sad, although she was stunning like always. Caroline was not glamorous enough. Maybe I have very high expectations from her, she's my favorite royal.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Gentry

[QUOTE=rosana;1163516]Hey, you are entitled to your own taste!

I think she looks like she´s trying to catch attention too hard!! It is a National Day, not CW day. She could´nt have chosen a less appropriate dress for a gala where all the elite, rich and snob people of Monaco are going to attend in a tight strapless that marked her bulky fake breasts. It is not the occasion! Of course the media will use words like stunning, amazing, glamourous, beautiful. They, as well as Albert have to "sell" a new princess. I dont buy it.

Now you make me laugh! The "elite" people of Monaco! Consisting of football players and tax refugees! And then this ridiculous talking of Charlene being not good enough for the "Souvereign Prince Albert" and representing Monaco abroad! Are you all that ignorant? The "Souvereigns" of Monaco are hardly ever invited at any meeting of importance, they are the laughing stock of royal Europe and do not play any role of importance on a world scale. Their single role is to amuse us, which they have done very well so far.