National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Thanks a lot :)

Picture details

lol,in this pic she gave the photographer the evil eye!the photo is almost ruined from the watermarking they could use a small ''bp'':bang::bang:

EVERYONE looks great! I love the pics of Princess Alex and Charlotte! Andrea and Pierre, of course, look handsome as always. Princess Caroline - wow - she looks beautiful and elegant from head to toe! Prince Albert looks handsome, as always, and Stephanie looks great, too - her hair has gotten long! The event looks to have been successful....

Thanks to all for the pictures...everyone looks great!

A couple of items of note:

It appears that Stephanie is making a concerted effort to keep her children from Monaco themed events. I can't imagine seeing Pauline, Louis or Camille on the balcony until they get a little older and that is if they choose to do so. Stephanie had a very public growing up and every aspect of her birth, childhood, dating, marriages, divorces, etcs have been dissected and on the cover of tons of tabloids. Is it any wonder if she chooses to shield her children from such a life? Unless something happens to the Casigrahi's, the chances of them suceeding the throne are very silm. So I wouldn't expect to see them on the balcony. In fact, I see them as the future de Massy's: in attendance, low key and supportive of the heirs.

Its great to see Stephanie and Caroline interacting.

Just because we don't see Alexandra with Ernst why are we assuming that they don't see each other? We should also take into consideration that although the paparazzi are usually everywhere, I would hope that Alexandra gets private time with both her parents that we don't see.

Thanks to all for the pictures...everyone looks great!

A couple of items of note:

Just because we don't see Alexandra with Ernst why are we assuming that they don't see each other? We should also take into consideration that although the paparazzi are usually everywhere, I would hope that Alexandra gets private time with both her parents that we don't see.

Sorry, i was misundersood, i never suggested that Alexandra does no see her father!

It appears that Stephanie is making a concerted effort to keep her children from Monaco themed events. I can't imagine seeing Pauline, Louis or Camille on the balcony until they get a little older and that is if they choose to do so. Stephanie had a very public growing up and every aspect of her birth, childhood, dating, marriages, divorces, etcs have been dissected and on the cover of tons of tabloids. Is it any wonder if she chooses to shield her children from such a life? Unless something happens to the Casigrahi's, the chances of them suceeding the throne are very silm. So I wouldn't expect to see them on the balcony. In fact, I see them as the future de Massy's: in attendance, low key and supportive of the heirs.

To this I would slightly disagree. It is true that Stephanie has always suffered from the public eye in her life, but she also took some profit from this "publicity" Do you think that she would have such a success as a model, or as a swimsuit designer, or a singer, if she was Not the Princess of Monaco. And now she lives a very comfortable life thanks to the Monaco revenues, and these revenues are growing up the last 55 years thanks ALSO to the notoriety of the Princely family. Caroline has understood her obligations, and raised up her children accordingly. Charlotte in example has very fes chances to become the Souvereign, but she participates in the public life.
I understand that Stephanie might not like the public life, but in this case it would be more sincere to live in another spot of the planet, where nobody knows her, and she will not have any advantage of her position.
And do you think that just because Stephanie's children are not participating to the public events, the paparazzis will forget them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that despite being very sad not to see Louis, Pauline and Camille with the rest of the family at this particular occasion I agree with Zonk and respect Stephanie's choice.

Prince Albert II of Monaco, his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover, left, and Princess Stephanie of Monaco, right, wave from the Monaco palace during Monaco's national day ceremony, Thursday Nov. 19, 2009.

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10*

*11* *12* *13* *14* *15* *16* *17* *18*

*19* *20* *21* *22* *23* *24* *25* *26*

To this I would slightly disagree. It is true that Stephanie has always suffered from the public eye in her life, but she also took some profit from this "publicity" Do you think that she would have such a success as a model, or as a swimsuit designer, or a singer, if she was Not the Princess of Monaco. And now she lives a very comfortable life thanks to the Monaco revenues, and these revenues are growing up the last 55 years thanks ALSO to the notoriety of the Princely family. Caroline has understood her obligations, and raised up her children accordingly. Charlotte in example has very fes chances to become the Souvereign, but she participates in the public life.
I understand that Stephanie might not like the public life, but in this case it would be more sincere to live in another spot of the planet, where nobody knows her, and she will not have any advantage of her position.
And do you think that just because Stephanie's children are not participating to the public events, the paparazzis will forget them?

I totally agree that Stephanie has had the benefit of being a Princess of Monaco and a lot of negative press that she received is a result of her actions. However, perhaps as an adult Stephanie has recognized the shortcoming of being royal and decided to sheild her kids from some of it. If she doesn't take her life into account, she only has to look at the press of her nieces and nephews.

I mean, I as a royal watcher enjoy seeing pictures of the Casigrahi's and Alexandra (now and when they were younger) but don't young children (royal or not) deserve the opportunity to grow up out of the public spot light? I am not sure that Louis, Camille and Pauline will always enjoy this privacy but right now I can take pleasure in the fact that they do. As the Casirgahi's get older and take more public roles, marry and produce children of their own then Louis, Camille and Pauline will surely assume the role of the de Massy, live in the jet set circle, and end up as people we used to know.

Last edited:
I mean, I as a royal watcher enjoy seeing pictures of the Casigrahi's and Alexandra (now and when they were younger) but don't young children (royal or not) deserve the opportunity to grow up out of the public spot light? I am not sure that Louis, Camille and Pauline will always enjoy this privacy but right now I can take pleasure in the fact that they do. As the Casirgahi's get older and take more public roles, marry and produce children of their own then Louis, Camille and Pauline will surely assume the role of the de Massy, live in the jet set circle, and end up as people we used to know.

I agree with you regarding the privacy. Nevertheless, I do not reallly believe that Steph's children have a real privacy. We just do not see them at the official occasions, but we see them at holidays, and all their every day life. They are just too young and not enough "commercial" yet. As soon as Louis and Pauline will start some flirts or going out with friends, I'm affraid they won't have any privacy at all.

Coming back to the Monaco National Day, I found Alexandra more and more lovely every day. She seems to be a happy girl, enjoying life

You´re right, fandesacs 2003, . I don´t understand how a person who is a member of a reigning family, can opt to have her children "hidden" from public appearances. Most people can have this option, but certainly not a royal or princely person. One thing is to "expose" and commercialize your children, another is to be aware that no matter what, they belong to a different family.

I agree with you regarding the privacy. Nevertheless, I do not reallly believe that Steph's children have a real privacy. We just do not see them at the official occasions, but we see them at holidays, and all their every day life. They are just too young and not enough "commercial" yet. As soon as Louis and Pauline will start some flirts or going out with friends, I'm affraid they won't have any privacy at all.

Coming back to the Monaco National Day, I found Alexandra more and more lovely every day. She seems to be a happy girl, enjoying life

I'd say Louis and Pauline started 'that young people's life' already.

Definetly this year Monaco National Day has been great and a memorable one. It has been nice seeing the family together in the events prior and during National Day, we still have the Opera tonight. Both princesses look stunning, sure one can see time gone by, but isn't that a bit superficial...it's something unavoidable and natural. Although it's always Caroline and Charlotte wearing black, I must say they looked great on this ocassion, especially Caroline. After a series of misses, I can say this is very "old days" Caroline, not to mention she looks very regal and serene. Her hairdo reminds me of her mom during the 50s in Hollywood. Stephanie also looks very serene and supportive.

Alexandra has grown up, and to think 10 years ago she was presented on National Day. Ernst's absence will surely spark lots of comments but I think it's really something that only concerns Princess Caroline and her family, it's not fair for this year's GREAT Monaco National Day to be outshadowed by Ernst's absence or something concerning the life of Prince Albert. This will be a memorable Monaco National Day in the upcoming years...nice to see a bit of the good old days back!

You´re right, fandesacs 2003, . I don´t understand how a person who is a member of a reigning family, can opt to have her children "hidden" from public appearances. Most people can have this option, but certainly not a royal or princely person. One thing is to "expose" and commercialize your children, another is to be aware that no matter what, they belong to a different family.

How do they belong to a different family. She simply chooses what events she takes her children to which is a normal thing for a mother to. So far, they usually participate only at the Monaco circus events.

And for that matter, the precedent has been set that reigning families opt to have their children "hidden" from public appearance. You only see the children of the Dutch, Norwegian and Danish families at carefully scripted events (usually a couple of times a year). You very rarely see paparazzi shots of them at all. In fact, I would hazard to guess that the relationship of the paparazzi with the Monaco ruling family is TOTALLY different than those of the Dutch, Danish and Norwegian families. Its more on line with the British Royal Family. So we don't totally derail this thread, I will start one to discuss the paparazzi and the Monaco ruling family.

ETA: There is a thread that pertains to the paparazzi and the Grimaldi's thanks to Kels. We can continue the discussion here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/the-paparazzi-and-the-royal-family-of-monaco-23163.html .

Last edited:
Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Caroline of Hanover's daughter, attends a mass in the Cathedral of Monaco during Monaco's National Day ceremony in Monte Carlo November 19, 2009.

*1* *2* *3*

Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Caroline of Hanover's daughter, attends a mass in the Cathedral of Monaco during Monaco's National Day ceremony in Monte Carlo November 19, 2009.

*3*

Picture no 3 is lovely. Charlotte has an expression looking to her mother "My mom is so stunning and she looks happy, I'm so proud of her"

And Alexandra looks at Pierre like her "God"

Alexandra is so cute and funny in all the pics
Pic
Her behaviour was impeccable this year.
I wonder why Caroline, Charlotte and Alexandra wear black. Just a coincidence?

One more nice gallery
Corbis Gallery
(See also page 2!):)

Caroline looks a little tired in some of the photos but this is the best shes has looked in a year IMO. Charlotte is imply stunning. Alexandra has grown up so much. And I have to be honest, when Pierre was younger I thought of him as the geeky younger brother. Who knew that he would grow, mature and outshine Andrea (who was such a cute kid)!.

Stephanie looks happy and relaxed. I wish she would find someone to enjoy her golden years with.

Its a shame that Grace and Rainier are not around to enjoy their grandchildren.

Caroline is very beautifull, impeccably dressed. I just can not understand this hairdo, it could be pretty for Charlotte, but not for Caroline's age. Caroline has a tired face, and after a certain age women need "some volume" in hair.

Charlotte is absolutely beautiful! and both the Casiraghi boys, expecially Andrea, I think he gained some kilos and it fits to him.

All these years waching the Casiraghis growing, I had very often this thought. If Princess Grace and Stefano could see them!

Stephanie is a very good person, she really deserves a GOOD guy.

And a last question, why many members of TRF are against black colour?? Black is so chic

Fandesacs2003...thanks for bringing up Stefano. Its a shame he didn't get a chance to see his children grow.

In regards to black...I personally adore black. But I am a 40 year old woman and I love the fact that its slimming, and I can accessorize it to death!

I think black, in the States at least is thought of an adult color, goth like or a mourning color. Certainly not a color that a young woman in her 20's would wear all the time. But that is just me.

Two pretty meningful pictures: Caroline walks as if she were the Queen of the world, while Stephanie reminds more of a clerk struggling with her daily routine.

You are right!!!

The picture shows exactly the vision that evey sister has of the public life!!

Fandesacs2003...thanks for bringing up Stefano. Its a shame he didn't get a chance to see his children grow.

In regards to black...I personally adore black. But I am a 40 year old woman and I love the fact that its slimming, and I can accessorize it to death!

I think black, in the States at least is thought of an adult color, goth like or a mourning color. Certainly not a color that a young woman in her 20's would wear all the time. But that is just me.

You are welcome!

As regards black, it is true, before it was a strictly mourning colour, after it became a official event color, but now, at least in Europe, everyone wears black, even young persons. See Alexandra, she is absolutely fashionable in black, but ten years ago it would be non imaginable for a child.

And here in the States, it would unthinkable for Alexandra in black especially on a joyous occassion as National Day. A funeral perhaps, but even then it would be a challenge to find a black outfit for a child of her age.

So...finally I've made some time and I can come and comment
I LOVE the photos and I LOVE this event! Oh my God, they all look so good!
Andrea has become the handsome he is again, Pierre looks very good too and Charlotte is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
Caroline is so elegant, Stephanie looks so good, Albert too and Alexandra is my little cute girl :flowers:

I never realized--but Charlotte and Alexandra seem to have the same eyes to me! I always thought Charlotte had her father's eyes, but on the balcony where they are smiling and laughing together their eyes are exactly the same. Caroline's eyes. So weet.

So...finally I've made some time and I can come and comment
I LOVE the photos and I LOVE this event! Oh my God, they all look so good!
Andrea has become the handsome he is again, Pierre looks very good too and Charlotte is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
Caroline is so elegant, Stephanie looks so good, Albert too and Alexandra is my little cute girl :flowers:

You said ALL!!!!!!!!

And here in the States, it would unthinkable for Alexandra in black especially on a joyous occassion as National Day. A funeral perhaps, but even then it would be a challenge to find a black outfit for a child of her age.

Every country, every area its uses!!!

Is like the topless, in USA is unthinkable, but in Europe, during a period it was very common.

Back
Top Bottom