National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I´m sorry but, those comments about wrinkles and aging are so annoying. Everyone is entitled to say whatever they want, but what´s the point in making such statements. Time passes for everyone, let´s comments on the poitive thing.

Thanks for the links, queenofthelight! The French one
that links to purepeople.com contains a great pic of
Caroline during a medal ceremony today. The blue room
always looks very impressive!

Here's another version of that pic : Caroline

The blue room
always looks very impressive!

Here's another version of that pic : Caroline
Exactly, the blue room looks always very impressive. Besides, blue is a colour that suits Caroline very well, so...Having blue behind her...makes just a nice pic :flowers:

Albert, Caroline and Stephanie attend medal ceremony:

MONACO - FETE NATIONALE 2009 / DANS LA SALLE DU TRONE REMISE DES INSIGNES DE ST CHARLES ET GRIMALDI LES DEUX PLUS HAUTES DISCINCTIONS DE L'ETAT MONEGASQUE REMISES PAR SAS ALBERT 2 EN PRESENCE DES PRINCESSES STEPHANIE ET CAROLINE

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
LA SALLE DU TRONE is beautiful. But why everyone is in black? It looks so depressing... :ohmy: Was it the same last year?

Looking at your time zone I think you still are a bit too early, Bones.

The National Day (Fête du Prince) itself is on November 19, Prince
Rainier's name day. All the other events are arranged around that day :flowers:

First wonderful pics from today:

Princess Stephanie of Monaco at the Foyer of Rainier III to distribute
presents to Monaco citizens on November 18, 2009 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

I realized that later though in my defense I was just reading the thread and saw where someone had posted it was the 18th. Later I thought that didn't seem right, so I double checked and sure enough -I goofed. Oh well, in the old days the National Day was always St Devote day. That was when the first National Day celebrations were held in 1857 (I think) but somewhere down the line it was changed to St Rainier day. So, anyway, Happy National Day again! (hope we see some parade and balcony photos soon)
:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :monacoflag: :monacoflag:

Local time 09.58:
The Casiraghi Trio, Elisabeth-Ann and Melanie de Massy have taken their seats in the Cathedral.

09.59 The official car arrives at the Cathedral. Caroline in a black coat showing a touch of white, Stephanie in grey - both look wonderful. Mme Gallico sits behind them.

10.00 the Mass begins....
There is a floral display in the shape of the Monaco flag in front of the altar, and in various places in the Cathedral.

The choirboys sing the Kyrie Eleison. Monsignor Barsi starts to sing the Mass. One of the priests reads from the Letter of James. A young man reads the versicles and responses. The ladies choir sings the Alleluia. The Gospel procession is followed by the reading from the Gospel of Luke.

10.14 Monsignor Barsi starts the Homily (sermon) about Jesus healing a crowd of people. He speaks animatedly, with passion, about international issues, the Fall of the Wall, the recession. "With help from God, we can transform society..." He addresses PA... God bless our Sovereign Prince and our Principality....

10.24 Organ music while a deacon collects Msgr Barsi's mitre. All three sections of the choir sing...a priest leads the intercessions....Let us pray to the Lord...for our Sovereign.....for those who suffer through war....the Casiraghi boys are joining in the singing.

10.28 Msgr Barsi prays. The altar boys assist the Archbishop to prepare the Eucharist.... organ music by Mozart....the altar is censed... PA and his sisters are on their feet... the Eucharistic Prayer is intoned by Msgr Barsi and the three sections of the choir.

10.38 A fanfare .... "do this in remembrance of me".... Sainte Dévote is invoked.... The Lord's Prayer... "Notre Père..."
The camera shows the representatives of other Christian faiths in Monaco.

10.43 The sharing of the Peace....PA and his sisters share the peace with the clergy..... back to the altar. Music by Mendelssohn from "Geistliche Lieder".... The Casiraghi Trio receive communion..... PA kneels.....the camera does not show the moment when he receives the Eucharist. The congregation now receives the host from the Monsignor...

10.52 After communion, the Prayer for the Prince is sung. Traditionally everyone but Albert stands. Caroline and the rest of the family join in the singing. Mozart's joyous Te Deum, sung by the choir, augmented by fanfares...... Caroline joins in the singing..... more music... the slow movement... "Heaven and earth are full of your glory".... The final movement.

11.00 The Monsignor intones the final prayer..... the blessing ..... it's finished.

11.03 the procession towards the exit.

Deo Juvante

I have some time watching this and I have to say they all look really good.
But ... and I really need to say this, I love Steph, I do, everyone knows that ;-) ... but it almost hurts to see everyone araund ... and that's that same old thing every year... Stephanie's children are not there. I have no idea why, every year, I hope to see them around. I don't get it. As much as I love and respect Steph, and what I say has nothing to do with disrespect but there's something wrong about not having those three there. It just doesn't seem right to me. It bugs me ....

It was nice to see the two de Massy ladies again. I like Melanie's hat...
Stephanie didn't look all that happy at the medal ceremony after the service.
No sign of Ernst August.
But, all in all, a good turnout.

Hah, it was funny just now. Steph and Caro in conversation, laughing and then Albert chimes in and Steph plays cranky ....

Lively and happy conversation between Stephanie and Caroline ... very sweet.

Where is the trio???

Stephanie's children never go? Actually Louis is enough aged to attend, even Pauline.

Can you watch it online ?

I just missed it :sad: but thanks Sebastian hopefully their will be video clips online soon

I guess there will.
It was nice to watch. Cute at times. I wonder what kind of comments the pictures will provoke. They rarely represent how things really were. Just hope they took pictures of all the sweet moments I saw and don't make people misinterpret things by choosing the wrong pictures.

Getty has the first pictures from the balcony

P. Stephanie looks simple and elegant; P. Caroline very regal as always ( that awful hairdo gives such a severe frame to her features... she should really do something about her hair, don´t you think? ). Unfortunately, both sisters look so aged... P. Alexandra didn't attend this year's festivities. Could her absence be, somehow, related to her father's own absence?:princess::crown4::princess:

P. Stephanie looks simple and elegant; P. Caroline very regal as always ( that awful hairdo gives such a severe frame to her features... she should really do something about her hair, don´t you think? ). Unfortunately, both sisters look so aged... P. Alexandra didn't attend this year's festivities. Could her absence be, somehow, related to her father's own absence?:princess::crown4::princess:
She is on the Balcony with the rest of the family :ermm:

She may be in Paris (or elsewhere) with her father. Even if her parents are not together the last months, Alexandra shoul see her father!

Alexandra wasn't at the religious ceremony but she was at the Palace ceremony.

Ah! Great to see you, little princess:queen4::queen4::queen4:

Back
Top Bottom