National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those pics from reniapl in post 137 are so awesome. Here, Alex reminds me of Pierre. She might have his daredevil streak, what do you think? :D I can't believe my eyes with Camille, so tall and like her mother and grandmother

Thanks for the photos. I don't seem to see the entire Monagesque (spelling?) royals all together too often, so National day was a treat!

That is not true.Princess Grace was younger than Caroline,even when she was dead.Princess Grace had no wrinkles ,she did not spent her time in the sun...:flowers:

Princess Grace died in Sept. 1982 at the age of 52, she would have been 53 in November of that same year had she lived. Caroline will be 52 in January.

Princess Grace looked younger than Caroline , (it does not matter one year more or less) even when she was dead in the coffin.:flowers:

I'm sorry but the age- and looking old - thing is becoming a very pointless discussion.

^It is pointless. I mean, even if Caroline or whoever does look old, so what? She looks as she looks. It is what it is. There's no need to criticize or look down on her for it. It's her business how she looks. If it bothered her, she would change how she looks, but obviously she likes how she looks, and if she is comfortable with herself, it's not really our place to judge, is it?
;) It's enough to worry about ourselves, each of us worry about ourselves, without worrying about Caroline too!!!! HAHA

I love them being to together they more closest then last year. That a family.

I can't believe there's too much judgment over a child's behavior based on a number of photographs. And if she's an irrepressible little girl, so what? Chances are, in five years or so, she's going to be a shy teen. She's only going to be a kid once so kudos to her parents for letting her be. She'll have more fun memories that way. As to Charlotte's skirt, short but not too short and the way she pulls it off makes it tasteful. Way too much fuss over nothing, imo. I think the fuss comes from judging the Grimaldis in the context of traditional royals. But they have always behaved as they please so I believe that they would be the first people to call themselves an unconventional royal family, like a private family ruling over a rich resort town. If they see themselves as anything like the Danish or Spanish RF, they'd do things a little differently, I'm sure.

On another note, people here have stated they find Pierre to be very handsome. Sorry, but I just don't see it. He's an alright looking guy, but nothing special - just my opinion. Andrea is also not as handsome as he was in his younger years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: from recent pics I've seen of Louis and Pauline, they are becoming very attractive teens. In my opinion, I find Louis to be a far more handsome young man than his Casiraghi male cousins.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, people here have stated they find Pierre to be very handsome. Sorry, but I just don't see it. He's an alright looking guy, but nothing special - just my opinion. Andrea is also not as handsome as he was in his younger years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: from recent pics I've seen of Louis and Pauline, they are becoming very attractive teens. In my opinion, I find Louis to be a far more handsome young man than his Casiraghi male cousins.

Andrea use to be very handsome. He is not such handsome anymore, he is too thin and looks tired
Charlotte was and still is a stunning beauty
Pierre used to be less than averagre, but now is very handsome
Alexandra is getting beautiful and nice
Loiuis I do not like at all, he reminds me his father, expressions etc
Pauline is very beautiful
Camille was very pretty but now she becomes very heavy.

Sorry, for those who disagree:ohmy:

Andrea use to be very handsome. He is not such handsome anymore, he is too thin and looks tired

I respect opinions but your words are a little too blunt for my taste ... maybe I'm just being sensitive ....

Glistening Seas

:)Children all change as they grow so depending upon when those pics were taken it's more than likely all the kids will change in appearance as the months progress that's not too unusual they outgrow the baby stages.

The poor boy's inherited their PA's relationship with the camera. it seems that depending on the lighting as to when those pics are taken it seems to have a profound affect on their appearances (hence the so-called sickly) appearances in some pics while they are perfectly healthy. it has been shown time and time again in the camera during the rose balls etc how something as simple as lighting can have such a huge affect on their pics.

in good lighting they have that "golden boy" beautiful glow to them. g-o figure. Since the guys cannot wear make up the factor seems to be compounded it seems!!!

Girls can use make-up to certain measure compensate; guys can't. However, they are cuties anyway haaa hee:lol::harvest::wreath:

The poor boy's inherited their PA's relationship with the camera. it seems that depending on the lighting as to when those pics are taken it seems to have a profound affect on their appearances (hence the so-called sickly) appearances in some pics while they are perfectly healthy. it has been shown time and time again in the camera during the rose balls etc how something as simple as lighting can have such a huge affect on their pics.

in good lighting they have that "golden boy" beautiful glow to them. g-o figure. Since the guys cannot wear make up the factor seems to be compounded it seems!!!

Girls can use make-up to certain measure compensate; guys can't. However, they are cuties anyway haaa hee:lol::harvest::wreath:

I agree with this. When Andrea came to the Philippines, I expected him to be thinner and sickly-looking. But I was actually pleasantly surprised. He had perfect skin and was quite lean.

I live in a catholic country and have never seen someone dressed like Charlotte for the ceremony in the church, I don't mean she should not to but it is not use to do wear such provocative clothes in a church...maybe she was not dressed for the mess...

Even if some of us "disagree" there is nothing "wrong" with your opinion, and therefore there is nothing "wrong" about you for having your opinion.

However! (bear with me, I promise it's not bad)

You have labeled each of these individuals with your opinion based on your perception of them. Know only that your labels "beautiful" "heavy" (whatever) are only expressions of your perception. People have the choice to "agree" or "disagree" with your labels, and whatever way they go is no reflection on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of your opinion. Only facts can be right or wrong. Opinions just are. :) Facts aren't disputable. They are either right or wrong. With facts, we must agree (i.e. it would be ridiculous to disagree with the fact that the Earth is a sphere). With opinions, we have a choice.

Just know that your labels are only.... well labels. In your perception, Charlotte is a person who has beauty. She is not a beautiful person by definition. She is a person, with depth, who happens to, in your perception (and I might add, many, including I, "agree"):D have a beautiful frame.

Peace and blessings

Last edited:
originally posted by SUPERNOVA ...I live in a catholic country and have never seen someone dressed like Charlotte for the ceremony in the church, I don't mean she should not to but it is not use to do wear such provocative clothes in a church...maybe she was not dressed for the mess...

It's safe to assume different regions would probably have different customs on whaaat to wear to mass?? however, it seems probably more dependant on the person wearing the clothes.

Personnally, Charlotte's outfit with thaat jacket had she attempted to wear a longer skirt with it she would have looked "seriously matronly". That's not an effect anyone of us at "any" age would want to accomplish outfit-wise.

Especially, her being so young it would have really made her outfit quite the unappealling.

Technically no one of "any" age should have worn that outfit with a longer skirt length.

Far from being provocative, the outfit, imo, made Charlotte look so incredibly sophisticated. Or maybe she made the outfit look sophisticated. Either way, I saw sophistication, not provocation. :D

Agreed. Also, she wore the skirt with dark stockings. If she had gone to church bare-legged with that skirt length, that would have been provocative.

if i would wear for the church that short skirt i wouldn't wear that high heels...wtih those heels the skirt looks even shorter....

I know, I should not say it, but the child with the black dress and red stockings, this is IMHO such a bad taste for a little girl.

^^^ I don't see anything wrong with saying that at all. :)
For me, as I've already stated, I like the black dress with red stockings. Probably comes from being a fan of quirky and off fashion, courtesy of blogs like this and this. ;)

Even if some of us "disagree" there is nothing "wrong" with your opinion, and therefore there is nothing "wrong" about you for having your opinion.

However! (bear with me, I promise it's not bad)

You have labeled each of these individuals with your opinion based on your perception of them. Know only that your labels "beautiful" "heavy" (whatever) are only expressions of your perception. People have the choice to "agree" or "disagree" with your labels, and whatever way they go is no reflection on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of your opinion. Only facts can be right or wrong. Opinions just are. :) Facts aren't disputable. They are either right or wrong. With facts, we must agree (i.e. it would be ridiculous to disagree with the fact that the Earth is a sphere). With opinions, we have a choice.

Just know that your labels are only.... well labels. In your perception, Charlotte is a person who has beauty. She is not a beautiful person by definition. She is a person, with depth, who happens to, in your perception (and I might add, many, including I, "agree"):D have a beautiful frame.

Peace and blessings

Hello
Thanks for your opinion. Nevertheless, we ALL express our OWN PERCEPTION in that Forum. I think noone of us (or almost noone) knows personnally the Monaco family, so we are ALL based in their pictures and in their image given by the media. When I'm talking about the 7 Monaco kids, I'm based in their appearance, given by pictures, as I never saw them "live", and also, as far as I know i've never heard something "basicaly wrong" on them, they are young normal average persons, with pretty (for me) envelopps. Do not forget that among the seven, we have 2 children, and 2 teenagers, they could not have a bad soul...
In this world you have people who hated late Princess Diana, and people who adored her. All of them express with passion their opinion, based on the same image, given by the media. Each person choose their own label, based on the same image....

^That's very true. Thanks for sharing it. I especially like your final sentence.
Labels are so inaccurate and make people form judgments, not on the person but on their idea of the person. But so it is. I am close to judging the people who do the judging of the labels, so I must let it go, hey? :cool:

Ash

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), Princess Caroline of Hanover and Prince Ernst August of Hanover (L), Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Monaco's Archibishop Bernard Barsi (R) attend a Mass during Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Stephane Cardinal-Pool/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10*
The Grimaldis and the rest of the clan are gorgeous as always.......

Princess Grace looked younger than Caroline , (it does not matter one year more or less) even when she was dead in the coffin.:flowers:
Princess Grace was also a lot heavier in kilos than Caroline when she passed awayso consequently she had a beautiful face........I am certain she would have been proud of her children and her grandchildren seeing them at the National Holiday in family unity like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Grace was also a lot heavier in kilos than Caroline when she passed awayso consequently she had a beautiful face........I am certain she would have been proud of her children and her grandchildren seeing them at the National Holiday in family unity like this
Princess Grace had no wrinkles in her face as Caroline has,in spite of the weight, because the weight has nothing to do with the winkles Caroline has in her face ,as consequence of sun.

Last edited:
I liked the little detail of P Caroline co-ordinating her outfit with that of Alexandra's. Black and red for each. I found it a cute idea.
Charlotte's skirt was way too short it is true but she is still young enough to carry it. The gesture of Stephanie towards P Albert at the balcony was most affectionate.

Back
Top Bottom