National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4*

Another Belga Gallery

Thanks everyone for the pictures. They are all very elegant, but everyone in black is too much. They should talk over about the outfits some time before.

And i don´t understand why Caroline didn´t match the bag with the shoes, any fashion expert here?

Well I think they all looked great.
They all look good in black, so why not wear it. Caro matched her hat with the shoes, if she would have had a red bag as well, it would have been too much IMO.
I love the detail of Alexandra having a white and red band in her hair.
And did you notice that Pierre is looking a lot like Stefano?

Glistening Seas

:flowers: It was delightful to see the pics from this round of photos. It was hoped that they would have photos from inside the church and wow they were as beautiful as everyone imagined they would be! Great job to whomever posted them. Is there a ballet or opera scheduled for later? or festivities and will we get pics for them too?

Personally the Feather hat was lovely one of 'the" favorite touches of the outfits worn today. Although feather earrings are a personal fav of ours too!!! So, glad they are in style this season as well! Which designer created the designs for whom; is something hopefully someone will mention? All the outfits we fab so it's impossible for us diehard clothes horses to pick a fav. Since they are all exquisite.

It was surprising but not disappointing to the the Massy's drop in as well. Looks.

Well, it must be said for Ernest whom made "best dressed man of the Year list" for the record it seems all the guys today could qualify for that title!:) Has anyone seen the jewelry pieces that Caroline wore today before? What was that necklace; Rubies?? it was simply gorgeous, but couldn't tell clearly from pics?
Hopefully we will see the next round of festivities photo's when they come in. Party hearty!!!:thanksgiving::poinsettia:

Is it allowed to say, that I feel so disappointed ???
If it is not allowed, then please cancel this post.

Thanks everyone for the pictures. They are all very elegant, but everyone in black is too much. They should talk over about the outfits some time before.

And i don´t understand why Caroline didn´t match the bag with the shoes, any fashion expert here?
you don't necessarily need to match the shoes and the purse... I personaly think that a red purse would have been too much. to me it was actually a smart choice to match that head piece with the shoes rather than the purse. matching purse and shoes is a classic. this has something more original, if you know what I mean

Matching bag & shoes is an outdated fashion stance.

Charlotte: Very nice outfit and shoes, but again, why all the black!?
I did not care for her little-girl headband at all; she is a 22
year old woman, not a 13 year old girl.

22 year olds can't wear headbands anymore? Charlotte is still a young woman and the headband brings a sense of youth to her outfit which would have seemed possibly too mature without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it allowed to say, that I feel so disappointed ???
If it is not allowed, then please cancel this post.

Of course it is allowed, but an explanation about your reasons for
being disappointed would be quite helpful ;) Criticism is always
welcome as long as it's fair and reasonable :)

Thanks to all who filled the thread with those many great pics and
links, among the last gallery from corbis, I've found some of my
favourite pics - Stephanie and Pierre sharing a funny moment:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

22 year olds can't wear headbands anymore? Charlotte is still a young woman and the headband brings a sense of youth to her outfit which would have seemed possibly too mature without it.
I agree. they are actually quite trendy these days. it's not a trend you see on everyone (not everyone can pull it off too), but it's been stated as a trend in fashion magazines ;)

^ I took a little offense to the comment, because I'm a young adult who likes to wear headbands one in a while! Also, you're right, headbands are right on trend and Charlotte seems to mix trends with classics.

Glistening Seas

In seeing the pics of charlotte with alexandra she looks a lot like charlotte.
when in the pics together it's very beautifully striking to see. Someone said the child seemed unhappy and dad.
But, in looking at the other pics you can see it was not the case at all.
As we all, know it's difficult to get children of any age to stand still for any length of time. So Alexandra is truly an exceptionally well behaved child to say the least. It could have been anything from the need to take a break, or hunger, the need for a nap or drink that could have caused the momentary unhappy looks. Which incidentally, is not unusual at all,considering she's been very happily bouncing around all day with family!

Isn't there usually an outing at one of the homes??? well, perhaps we will get pics later?:popcorn::wreath:

Charlotte Casiraghi, Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Caroline of Hanover, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Elisabeth Ann de Massy, Andrea Casiraghi and Pierre Casiraghi attend the Opera Gala evening as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

I just came here to post that Iceflower!!! :D there´s a beautiful pic of Stephanie and his brother there. I just saw on getty Charlotte was on the gala, i think it´s the second time she attends. The dress looks nice.

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover, Prince Albert II of Monaco attend the Opera Gala evening as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3*

Why do the Monaco royals never wear tiaras at an event like this? I mean, with the men in uniforms and white ties, I would have loved to see Pss Caroline in one of her tiaras. She uses them so rarely, and especially Pss Charlotte's pearl tiara is so beautiful!

Glistening Seas

:flowers:Pic number 2 is my fav those flowers Caroline has are breath takingly beautiful aren't they? The golden lighting on Pa and Caroline adds a beauty to the photo that's different from the others. Although, the outfits are fab here too!!! where was stephanie??:harvest::poinsettia:

You are most welcome, kbear and I also liked those special
pics of Steph and Albert a lot :)

Glistening Seas, Stephanie rarely attends the opera event, it
was once said that she did not like the opera in general ;),
last year she actually did attend, but she did so as Caroline
and Prince Ernst August had to attend another event in Paris
that same evening.

Andrea is looking best than he did in a last few years. But Pierre is the handsome one, just dashing!!!
Charlotte looks gorgeous too, outfit is event appropriate but she adds coolness with short skirt and great shoes, love it!!!
Too bad Alexandra takes after other side of the family...
Caroline looks good too, minus the hat...

I'm not sure if I like Charlotte's outfit at the Gala though, I'm waiting for the better view.

Stephanie looks very nice. The pic on iHola! where she holds Albert's arm and leans on him is so sweet. Charlotte is so sophisticated in these pictures. I cannot agree about Alexandra, shappica. For some time now, I see a strong resemblance in her face to Caroline at the same age. She is a cute girl. She won't be like Charlotte but she's still cute.

Those Pictures of Stephanie with Albert are just so cute shows how close they are Steph is just cuddling her big brother :wub:

I'm liking Charlotte's Blair Waldorf look with the headband...her opera look is very glam!

I am glad to see the family again. But I must say I alarmed with Caroline's appearance -- she doesn't look healthy. She is radiant, elegant, regal, but not healthy nor refreshed. Her neck looks shockingly wrinkled. I know she's her age, but I don't recall her looking like this earlier this year.

¡What a beautiful family! Extremely elegant everyone, I loved Caroline´s outfit including the so chic headdress and shoes match. Charlotte, as one of the french magazines say, too beautiful, elegant as always. They were reunited, even with the extended family, several pics of Caroline and Stephanie together, not yet smiling to each other and laughing together. Albert has done a fine job within the family! Andrea looks better, Alexandra is prettier and nicer. ¡God bless this beautiful family! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom