National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics 17.+18.11.2008

Lovely pics from yesterday, thanks a lot for posting, Radker! :flowers:

Here's an additional pic -----> Steph: 18.11.2008

Here are some additional pics from Monday, November 17, at the
headquarters of the Monaco Red Cross:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And here's a pic and article about yesterday's conferment
of the decoration "L'Ordre de Saint-Charles". Caroline, Steph,
Albert and Ernst-August have attended this event.

-----> Pic
-----> Article

How pretty P. Carline looks in her suit. CHANEL style is really always very fitting. Thank you, Iceflower.

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), Princess Caroline of Hanover and Prince Ernst August of Hanover (L), Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Monaco's Archibishop Bernard Barsi (R) attend a Mass during Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Stephane Cardinal-Pool/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10*

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Caroline of Hanover (L) and Princess Stephanie of Monaco (R) attend the Army Parade as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4*

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: (From L to R) Prince Ernst August of Hanover, princess Alexandra of Hanover, Princess Caroline of Hanover, Charlotte Casiraghi, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Andrea Casiraghi and Pierre Casiraghi attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2*

Stephanie doesn't look happy on the pictures and I miss her during the ceremony at the Prince's Palace -.-

their are some pics on purepeople who I want to save on my pc.
Is their anybody who can tell me how I can do that?

Monaco National Day (Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7*

Small Belga Gallery

their are some pics on purepeople who I want to save on my pc.
Is their anybody who can tell me how I can do that?

I have them, but I am too busy trying to keep up with all the websites at the moment...if no one has answered you I can help in a couple of hours

Any reason for all the ladies wearing black?
It is not officially Spring in Europe and until such times they tend to wear darker colours following the "continental" dress protocol. I hope that makes some sense. However, I thought The Grimaldis looked beautiful as usual and the youger ones especially.
Deo Juvante

Anyone notice that on PPE Agency they have Andrea and Pierre mixed-up! haha

The Ladies' outfits:
Caroline(pic posted by Iceflower)
Stephanie
Charlotte*
Charlotte**
None of them look great this year, IMO.
Alexandra is so cute!

Caroline with Alexandra on the balcony
OMG, they look so much alike!
Here's the gallery from ppe agency:

Monaco National Day 2008
:previous:Please, do not miss this gallery, it is the nicest gallery, so far!
It is not officially Spring in Europe
Well, it is Autumn in Europe now, like in Canada, .....obviously.

Charlotte totally looks like a model who lost in a castle.... she's geourgous

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: (L-R) Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Caroline of Hanover, Princess Alexandra of Hanover, Charlotte Casiraghi, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Andrea Casiraghi arrive to attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8*

Princess Alexandra of Hanover attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5*

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: (L - R) Princess Stephanie of Monaco and nephews Andrea Casiraghi and Pierre Casiraghi attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8*

IBL Gallery

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4*

I have to agree with a poster above; I myself do not find Alexandra to be particularily cute at all, and there is NO resemblance between her and Caroline. Alexandra is most definitely Ernst's daughter.

As for the ladies fashions this year, I find them somewhat underwhelming.
This is Monaco's National Day, not a State Funeral, and I am at a loss to
understand the collective emphasis on black and grey. True, it is a dignified occasion, and yes, it is November in Monaco, but the ladies could have added some colour to their choices.

Caroline: While I admire the colour and cut of her outfit (even though it
IS a tad too matronly, I do NOT like that red "cap" she is
wearing on her head at all. It looks quite silly
and out of place. In addition, I think Caroline could have added
a dash of colour to her outfit and her makeup - she looks pale
and washed out. A brighter shade of lipstick would have done
wonders. As well, I do NOT like her colour choice of shoes.

Stephanie: I LOVE her coat! Very nice. However, those boots! They
do, to a degree, compliment her coat, but they detract from
her figure and presentation. I think Italian black high-heeled
shoes would have done much more justice to her outfit.
And why oh why does she continually cut her hair? Steph looks
best with a longer, fuller hairstyle. Like Caroline, Steph could
have spruced up her makeup a bit more.

Charlotte: Very nice outfit and shoes, but again, why all the black!?
I did not care for her little-girl headband at all; she is a 22
year old woman, not a 13 year old girl.

I have to agree with a poster above....

Dear Johnnie,

As I noticed before, you have a very definite opinion on women´s clothes, which is extraordinary it itself, let alone that you seem to have a lot of fashion sense and taste.
Although you certainly have a point as far as the make-up of Caroline and Stephanie is concerned, I do not agree with the criticism about the lack of colour in clothing. Black and grey are ALWAYS considered very chique in Europe, especially with a beautifully cut suit. These "colours", however, do not work in pictures. I adore Caroline's shoes, but they are a strange choice with the black suit. Looks a bit cheap. Probably she chose the head to match the shoes, but it all looks a bit weird. Makes you realize that even all the money and designer advice in the world, are no guarantee!
Stephanie looks sad and lost, as always on these occasions. The boots, though cute in itself, are no good choice either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Johnnie,

As I noticed before, you have a very definite opinion on women´s clothes, which is extraordinary it itself, let alone that you seem to have a lot of fashion sense and taste.
Although you certainly have a point as far as the make-up of Caroline and Stephanie is concerned, I do not agree with the criticism about the lack of colour in clothing. Black and grey are ALWAYS considered very chique in Europe, especially with a beautifully cut suit. These "colours", however, do not work in pictures. I adore Caroline's shoes, but they are a strange choice with the black suit. Looks a bit cheap. Probably she chose the head to match the shoes, but it all looks a bit weird. Makes you realize that even all the money and designer advice in the world, are no guarantee!
Stephanie looks sad and lost, as always on these occasions. The boots, though cute in itself, are no good choice either.

Ha, Ha, she chose the "head", well that would be something, the "hat" of course! PRUTS

LOL! Hey Pruts...yes, Caroline DID choose the "hat/cap" NOT her head! ;-)

I agree with you that black/grey are considered classic and chic, but there's still a lack of style present here. That said, if Caroline and Steph had added some colour to their faces - makeup, it would have REALLY brought out their dark clothes choices and would have looked fabulous.

Caroline, as I stated before, seems to be oddly drawn to matron-style outfits. True, she is 51, and true, there is nothing really 'wrong', per se,
with her outfit, but a little Vera Wang or Donna Karan would go a long way with Caroline!

On Topic: what was the big announcement Albert claimed he would be making today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone notice that in the picture where Ernst seems to be interacting with Alex that he didn't seem to happy and neither did she? He looks to be moving her when they are standing in front of the palace and the one where they are on the balcony, Alex looks unhappy when he is talking to her, Charo doesn't look too happy with him either. I might be bias because I really have never been fond of him, that is why I am asking others opinion.

Back
Top Bottom