The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Andrea use to be very handsome. He is not such handsome anymore, he is too thin and looks tired
Charlotte was and still is a stunning beauty
Pierre used to be less than averagre, but now is very handsome
Alexandra is getting beautiful and nice
Loiuis I do not like at all, he reminds me his father, expressions etc
Pauline is very beautiful
Camille was very pretty but now she becomes very heavy.

Sorry, for those who disagree
Even if some of us "disagree" there is nothing "wrong" with your opinion, and therefore there is nothing "wrong" about you for having your opinion.

However! (bear with me, I promise it's not bad)

You have labeled each of these individuals with your opinion based on your perception of them. Know only that your labels "beautiful" "heavy" (whatever) are only expressions of your perception. People have the choice to "agree" or "disagree" with your labels, and whatever way they go is no reflection on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of your opinion. Only facts can be right or wrong. Opinions just are. :) Facts aren't disputable. They are either right or wrong. With facts, we must agree (i.e. it would be ridiculous to disagree with the fact that the Earth is a sphere). With opinions, we have a choice.

Just know that your labels are only.... well labels. In your perception, Charlotte is a person who has beauty. She is not a beautiful person by definition. She is a person, with depth, who happens to, in your perception (and I might add, many, including I, "agree") have a beautiful frame.

Peace and blessings

Old 11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

originally posted by SUPERNOVA ...I live in a catholic country and have never seen someone dressed like Charlotte for the ceremony in the church, I don't mean she should not to but it is not use to do wear such provocative clothes in a church...maybe she was not dressed for the mess...

It's safe to assume different regions would probably have different customs on whaaat to wear to mass?? however, it seems probably more dependant on the person wearing the clothes.

Personnally, Charlotte's outfit with thaat jacket had she attempted to wear a longer skirt with it she would have looked "seriously matronly". That's not an effect anyone of us at "any" age would want to accomplish outfit-wise.

Especially, her being so young it would have really made her outfit quite the unappealling.

Technically no one of "any" age should have worn that outfit with a longer skirt length.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Far from being provocative, the outfit, imo, made Charlotte look so incredibly sophisticated. Or maybe she made the outfit look sophisticated. Either way, I saw sophistication, not provocation.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Agreed. Also, she wore the skirt with dark stockings. If she had gone to church bare-legged with that skirt length, that would have been provocative.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Aristocracy

if i would wear for the church that short skirt i wouldn't wear that high heels...wtih those heels the skirt looks even shorter....
Old 11-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Courtier

I know, I should not say it, but the child with the black dress and red stockings, this is IMHO such a bad taste for a little girl.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Courtier

^^^ I don't see anything wrong with saying that at all. :)
For me, as I've already stated, I like the black dress with red stockings. Probably comes from being a fan of quirky and off fashion, courtesy of blogs like this and this.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with supernova and tilla
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Even if some of us "disagree" there is nothing "wrong" with your opinion, and therefore there is nothing "wrong" about you for having your opinion.

However! (bear with me, I promise it's not bad)

You have labeled each of these individuals with your opinion based on your perception of them. Know only that your labels "beautiful" "heavy" (whatever) are only expressions of your perception. People have the choice to "agree" or "disagree" with your labels, and whatever way they go is no reflection on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of your opinion. Only facts can be right or wrong. Opinions just are. :) Facts aren't disputable. They are either right or wrong. With facts, we must agree (i.e. it would be ridiculous to disagree with the fact that the Earth is a sphere). With opinions, we have a choice.

Just know that your labels are only.... well labels. In your perception, Charlotte is a person who has beauty. She is not a beautiful person by definition. She is a person, with depth, who happens to, in your perception (and I might add, many, including I, "agree") have a beautiful frame.

Peace and blessings
Hello
Thanks for your opinion. Nevertheless, we ALL express our OWN PERCEPTION in that Forum. I think noone of us (or almost noone) knows personnally the Monaco family, so we are ALL based in their pictures and in their image given by the media. When I'm talking about the 7 Monaco kids, I'm based in their appearance, given by pictures, as I never saw them "live", and also, as far as I know i've never heard something "basicaly wrong" on them, they are young normal average persons, with pretty (for me) envelopps. Do not forget that among the seven, we have 2 children, and 2 teenagers, they could not have a bad soul...
In this world you have people who hated late Princess Diana, and people who adored her. All of them express with passion their opinion, based on the same image, given by the media. Each person choose their own label, based on the same image....
Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 PM

^That's very true. Thanks for sharing it. I especially like your final sentence.
Labels are so inaccurate and make people form judgments, not on the person but on their idea of the person. But so it is. I am close to judging the people who do the judging of the labels, so I must let it go, hey?

Ash
Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

PalaisPrincier.TV :

Palais de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco - Fête Nationale 2008
Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), Princess Caroline of Hanover and Prince Ernst August of Hanover (L), Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Monaco's Archibishop Bernard Barsi (R) attend a Mass during Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Stephane Cardinal-Pool/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10*
The Grimaldis and the rest of the clan are gorgeous as always.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Princess Grace looked younger than Caroline , (it does not matter one year more or less) even when she was dead in the coffin.
Princess Grace was also a lot heavier in kilos than Caroline when she passed awayso consequently she had a beautiful face........I am certain she would have been proud of her children and her grandchildren seeing them at the National Holiday in family unity like this
Old 11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Princess Grace was also a lot heavier in kilos than Caroline when she passed awayso consequently she had a beautiful face........I am certain she would have been proud of her children and her grandchildren seeing them at the National Holiday in family unity like this
Princess Grace had no wrinkles in her face as Caroline has,in spite of the weight, because the weight has nothing to do with the winkles Caroline has in her face ,as consequence of sun.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the little detail of P Caroline co-ordinating her outfit with that of Alexandra's. Black and red for each. I found it a cute idea.
Charlotte's skirt was way too short it is true but she is still young enough to carry it. The gesture of Stephanie towards P Albert at the balcony was most affectionate.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
I finally had a break from cooking (it's Thanksgiving Day here in the US; November 27), but I had a chance to view this, finally. It's great - I'm always happy to see them "in motion," since I don't see them IRL anywhere, and probably have little chance of running into any family members in NYC, or Europe when I'm there. The ceremony looked beautifully appointed, as always.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Princess Grace had no wrinkles in her face as Caroline has,in spite of the weight, because the weight has nothing to do with the winkles Caroline has in her face ,as consequence of sun.
Actually, weight has a lot to do with wrinkles! Ask a professional, they will tell you. I don't know how young you are? Or your weight? but weight has quite a lot to do with wrinkles. If your face is heavy, chances are you are not going to show your wrinkles so much, as they are filled out with fat. Sorry but this is pretty common knowledge? Regardless I think Caroline, all of them actually, look very good for their age, and as beautiful as Grace was, I still think Caroline looks younger than her mother did at that age? Weight takes away the wrinkles but it makes you appear older in other ways. I think Caroline looks very good but it is possibly her smoking that might age her more than anything else in the future, if at all? But she still looks better than many who do not smoke and she probably think's it no one's business but her own , and she is right about that. Hormones have a lot to do with age also, I cannot fault anyone for aging, it is just a fact of life. I think sometimes people expect the sisters not to have aged pass their teenagers years?

I had to go back and look at the pictures of National Day after reading all the talk here, I thought I must have really missed something? I don't see what everyone is talking about, I think they all looked very nice and when I saw Alexandra's little red tights, I thought how sweet and stylish she looked and Caroline added the red accents to her own outfit to coordinate and compliment her daughter's little dress and tights -- I thought it was very sweet. Also I really liked Stephanie's dress or coat on her. I thought Charlotte looked fine also, it was hard for me to really see what her outfit looked like (in the pictures i saw), But she was wearing tights and not exactly flashing a lot of flesh imo? I think there must have been a virus on the board that day!

Beside's it's nice to see the whole family altogether on this day, don't discourage them anymore than they probably already are!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I disagree with you.Wrinkles have nothing to do with weight,as an example you have Prince Rainier who was fat and full of wrinkles,or princess Antoinette fat and full of wrinkles.Stephanie is young and thin and her face is full of wrinkles...
I think with the Grimaldi family,anything goes.I mean there is an idealization of all,specially of Caroline and no matter the way she dresses,looks or behaves,everything is good.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

As far as wrinkles it's difficult to say? imho men whom one would think it would seem they would have more of a hard time of it and really, when you really, really, think about it; it certainly seems to be curious, though? Men don't use any kind of make up or skin care and really they don't seem to have any worse of a time of it than women do. Don't you think? Really, some women can pile on the cremes and we all "adore" the make up, but wrinkles seem to be a lifelong battle most all girls too. In spite of all the cremes etc the wrinkles seem to always arrive. Yet some women whom do absolutely nothing to their skin lifelong except for soap and don't have a wrinkle problem? So who knows, Although, to be truthful if Caroline and Stephanie seem to be plagued by wrinkles it's not often noticeable and they have always been in the sun. This makes a good discussion for topic because most certainly all of us know at least one person whom seems to do nothing for skin care and never has a wrinkle or break-out problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Actually, weight has a lot to do with wrinkles! Ask a professional, they will tell you. I don't know how young you are? Or your weight? but weight has quite a lot to do with wrinkles. If your face is heavy, chances are you are not going to show your wrinkles so much, as they are filled out with fat. Sorry but this is pretty common knowledge? Regardless I think Caroline, all of them actually, look very good for their age, and as beautiful as Grace was, I still think Caroline looks younger than her mother did at that age? Weight takes away the wrinkles but it makes you appear older in other ways. I think Caroline looks very good but it is possibly her smoking that might age her more than anything else in the future, if at all? But she still looks better than many who do not smoke and she probably think's it no one's business but her own , and she is right about that. Hormones have a lot to do with age also, I cannot fault anyone for aging, it is just a fact of life. I think sometimes people expect the sisters not to have aged pass their teenagers years?

I had to go back and look at the pictures of National Day after reading all the talk here, I thought I must have really missed something? I don't see what everyone is talking about, I think they all looked very nice and when I saw Alexandra's little red tights, I thought how sweet and stylish she looked and Caroline added the red accents to her own outfit to coordinate and compliment her daughter's little dress and tights -- I thought it was very sweet. Also I really liked Stephanie's dress or coat on her. I thought Charlotte looked fine also, it was hard for me to really see what her outfit looked like (in the pictures i saw), But she was wearing tights and not exactly flashing a lot of flesh imo? I think there must have been a virus on the board that day!

Beside's it's nice to see the whole family altogether on this day, don't discourage them anymore than they probably already are!
I agree 100%

Quote:
I disagree with you.Wrinkles have nothing to do with weight,as an example you have Prince Rainier who was fat and full of wrinkles,or princess Antoinette fat and full of wrinkles.Stephanie is young and thin and her face is full of wrinkles...
I think with the Grimaldi family,anything goes.I mean there is an idealization of all,specially of Caroline and no matter the way she dresses,looks or behaves,everything is good.
it's not like thin people get wrinkles, fat people don't. there are many many other factors (like smoking and above all genes). caroline is certainly lucky that she ages gracefully, but she would have less wrinkles if she was "fat"
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I disagree totally with you.Caroline, being fat or thin,has wrinkles caused by smoking and sun.She looks aged for her age,the same happens with Stephanie.It is a pity...