The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Andrea use to be very handsome. He is not such handsome anymore, he is too thin and looks tired
Charlotte was and still is a stunning beauty
Pierre used to be less than averagre, but now is very handsome
Alexandra is getting beautiful and nice
Loiuis I do not like at all, he reminds me his father, expressions etc
Pauline is very beautiful
Camille was very pretty but now she becomes very heavy.

Sorry, for those who disagree
Even if some of us "disagree" there is nothing "wrong" with your opinion, and therefore there is nothing "wrong" about you for having your opinion.

However! (bear with me, I promise it's not bad)

You have labeled each of these individuals with your opinion based on your perception of them. Know only that your labels "beautiful" "heavy" (whatever) are only expressions of your perception. People have the choice to "agree" or "disagree" with your labels, and whatever way they go is no reflection on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of your opinion. Only facts can be right or wrong. Opinions just are. :) Facts aren't disputable. They are either right or wrong. With facts, we must agree (i.e. it would be ridiculous to disagree with the fact that the Earth is a sphere). With opinions, we have a choice.

Just know that your labels are only.... well labels. In your perception, Charlotte is a person who has beauty. She is not a beautiful person by definition. She is a person, with depth, who happens to, in your perception (and I might add, many, including I, "agree") have a beautiful frame.

Peace and blessings
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
originally posted by SUPERNOVA ...I live in a catholic country and have never seen someone dressed like Charlotte for the ceremony in the church, I don't mean she should not to but it is not use to do wear such provocative clothes in a church...maybe she was not dressed for the mess...



It's safe to assume different regions would probably have different customs on whaaat to wear to mass?? however, it seems probably more dependant on the person wearing the clothes.

Personnally, Charlotte's outfit with thaat jacket had she attempted to wear a longer skirt with it she would have looked "seriously matronly". That's not an effect anyone of us at "any" age would want to accomplish outfit-wise.

Especially, her being so young it would have really made her outfit quite the unappealling.

Technically no one of "any" age should have worn that outfit with a longer skirt length.
__________________

__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Far from being provocative, the outfit, imo, made Charlotte look so incredibly sophisticated. Or maybe she made the outfit look sophisticated. Either way, I saw sophistication, not provocation.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 737
Agreed. Also, she wore the skirt with dark stockings. If she had gone to church bare-legged with that skirt length, that would have been provocative.
__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 11-26-2008, 03:37 AM
supernova's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: roma, Italy
Posts: 186
if i would wear for the church that short skirt i wouldn't wear that high heels...wtih those heels the skirt looks even shorter....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 11-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: not far from Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 648
I know, I should not say it, but the child with the black dress and red stockings, this is IMHO such a bad taste for a little girl.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 737
^^^ I don't see anything wrong with saying that at all. :)
For me, as I've already stated, I like the black dress with red stockings. Probably comes from being a fan of quirky and off fashion, courtesy of blogs like this and this.
__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
I agree with supernova and tilla
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Even if some of us "disagree" there is nothing "wrong" with your opinion, and therefore there is nothing "wrong" about you for having your opinion.

However! (bear with me, I promise it's not bad)

You have labeled each of these individuals with your opinion based on your perception of them. Know only that your labels "beautiful" "heavy" (whatever) are only expressions of your perception. People have the choice to "agree" or "disagree" with your labels, and whatever way they go is no reflection on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of your opinion. Only facts can be right or wrong. Opinions just are. :) Facts aren't disputable. They are either right or wrong. With facts, we must agree (i.e. it would be ridiculous to disagree with the fact that the Earth is a sphere). With opinions, we have a choice.

Just know that your labels are only.... well labels. In your perception, Charlotte is a person who has beauty. She is not a beautiful person by definition. She is a person, with depth, who happens to, in your perception (and I might add, many, including I, "agree") have a beautiful frame.

Peace and blessings
Hello
Thanks for your opinion. Nevertheless, we ALL express our OWN PERCEPTION in that Forum. I think noone of us (or almost noone) knows personnally the Monaco family, so we are ALL based in their pictures and in their image given by the media. When I'm talking about the 7 Monaco kids, I'm based in their appearance, given by pictures, as I never saw them "live", and also, as far as I know i've never heard something "basicaly wrong" on them, they are young normal average persons, with pretty (for me) envelopps. Do not forget that among the seven, we have 2 children, and 2 teenagers, they could not have a bad soul...
In this world you have people who hated late Princess Diana, and people who adored her. All of them express with passion their opinion, based on the same image, given by the media. Each person choose their own label, based on the same image....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
^That's very true. Thanks for sharing it. I especially like your final sentence.
Labels are so inaccurate and make people form judgments, not on the person but on their idea of the person. But so it is. I am close to judging the people who do the judging of the labels, so I must let it go, hey?

Ash
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
PalaisPrincier.TV :

Palais de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco - Fête Nationale 2008
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), Princess Caroline of Hanover and Prince Ernst August of Hanover (L), Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Monaco's Archibishop Bernard Barsi (R) attend a Mass during Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Stephane Cardinal-Pool/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10*
The Grimaldis and the rest of the clan are gorgeous as always.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Princess Grace looked younger than Caroline , (it does not matter one year more or less) even when she was dead in the coffin.
Princess Grace was also a lot heavier in kilos than Caroline when she passed awayso consequently she had a beautiful face........I am certain she would have been proud of her children and her grandchildren seeing them at the National Holiday in family unity like this
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Princess Grace was also a lot heavier in kilos than Caroline when she passed awayso consequently she had a beautiful face........I am certain she would have been proud of her children and her grandchildren seeing them at the National Holiday in family unity like this
Princess Grace had no wrinkles in her face as Caroline has,in spite of the weight, because the weight has nothing to do with the winkles Caroline has in her face ,as consequence of sun.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
I liked the little detail of P Caroline co-ordinating her outfit with that of Alexandra's. Black and red for each. I found it a cute idea.
Charlotte's skirt was way too short it is true but she is still young enough to carry it. The gesture of Stephanie towards P Albert at the balcony was most affectionate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 11-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
I finally had a break from cooking (it's Thanksgiving Day here in the US; November 27), but I had a chance to view this, finally. It's great - I'm always happy to see them "in motion," since I don't see them IRL anywhere, and probably have little chance of running into any family members in NYC, or Europe when I'm there. The ceremony looked beautifully appointed, as always.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Princess Grace had no wrinkles in her face as Caroline has,in spite of the weight, because the weight has nothing to do with the winkles Caroline has in her face ,as consequence of sun.
Actually, weight has a lot to do with wrinkles! Ask a professional, they will tell you. I don't know how young you are? Or your weight? but weight has quite a lot to do with wrinkles. If your face is heavy, chances are you are not going to show your wrinkles so much, as they are filled out with fat. Sorry but this is pretty common knowledge? Regardless I think Caroline, all of them actually, look very good for their age, and as beautiful as Grace was, I still think Caroline looks younger than her mother did at that age? Weight takes away the wrinkles but it makes you appear older in other ways. I think Caroline looks very good but it is possibly her smoking that might age her more than anything else in the future, if at all? But she still looks better than many who do not smoke and she probably think's it no one's business but her own , and she is right about that. Hormones have a lot to do with age also, I cannot fault anyone for aging, it is just a fact of life. I think sometimes people expect the sisters not to have aged pass their teenagers years?

I had to go back and look at the pictures of National Day after reading all the talk here, I thought I must have really missed something? I don't see what everyone is talking about, I think they all looked very nice and when I saw Alexandra's little red tights, I thought how sweet and stylish she looked and Caroline added the red accents to her own outfit to coordinate and compliment her daughter's little dress and tights -- I thought it was very sweet. Also I really liked Stephanie's dress or coat on her. I thought Charlotte looked fine also, it was hard for me to really see what her outfit looked like (in the pictures i saw), But she was wearing tights and not exactly flashing a lot of flesh imo? I think there must have been a virus on the board that day!

Beside's it's nice to see the whole family altogether on this day, don't discourage them anymore than they probably already are!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
I disagree with you.Wrinkles have nothing to do with weight,as an example you have Prince Rainier who was fat and full of wrinkles,or princess Antoinette fat and full of wrinkles.Stephanie is young and thin and her face is full of wrinkles...
I think with the Grimaldi family,anything goes.I mean there is an idealization of all,specially of Caroline and no matter the way she dresses,looks or behaves,everything is good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Red face Glistening Seas

As far as wrinkles it's difficult to say? imho men whom one would think it would seem they would have more of a hard time of it and really, when you really, really, think about it; it certainly seems to be curious, though? Men don't use any kind of make up or skin care and really they don't seem to have any worse of a time of it than women do. Don't you think? Really, some women can pile on the cremes and we all "adore" the make up, but wrinkles seem to be a lifelong battle most all girls too. In spite of all the cremes etc the wrinkles seem to always arrive. Yet some women whom do absolutely nothing to their skin lifelong except for soap and don't have a wrinkle problem? So who knows, Although, to be truthful if Caroline and Stephanie seem to be plagued by wrinkles it's not often noticeable and they have always been in the sun. This makes a good discussion for topic because most certainly all of us know at least one person whom seems to do nothing for skin care and never has a wrinkle or break-out problem.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
cath85's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , Luxembourg
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Actually, weight has a lot to do with wrinkles! Ask a professional, they will tell you. I don't know how young you are? Or your weight? but weight has quite a lot to do with wrinkles. If your face is heavy, chances are you are not going to show your wrinkles so much, as they are filled out with fat. Sorry but this is pretty common knowledge? Regardless I think Caroline, all of them actually, look very good for their age, and as beautiful as Grace was, I still think Caroline looks younger than her mother did at that age? Weight takes away the wrinkles but it makes you appear older in other ways. I think Caroline looks very good but it is possibly her smoking that might age her more than anything else in the future, if at all? But she still looks better than many who do not smoke and she probably think's it no one's business but her own , and she is right about that. Hormones have a lot to do with age also, I cannot fault anyone for aging, it is just a fact of life. I think sometimes people expect the sisters not to have aged pass their teenagers years?

I had to go back and look at the pictures of National Day after reading all the talk here, I thought I must have really missed something? I don't see what everyone is talking about, I think they all looked very nice and when I saw Alexandra's little red tights, I thought how sweet and stylish she looked and Caroline added the red accents to her own outfit to coordinate and compliment her daughter's little dress and tights -- I thought it was very sweet. Also I really liked Stephanie's dress or coat on her. I thought Charlotte looked fine also, it was hard for me to really see what her outfit looked like (in the pictures i saw), But she was wearing tights and not exactly flashing a lot of flesh imo? I think there must have been a virus on the board that day!

Beside's it's nice to see the whole family altogether on this day, don't discourage them anymore than they probably already are!
I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I disagree with you.Wrinkles have nothing to do with weight,as an example you have Prince Rainier who was fat and full of wrinkles,or princess Antoinette fat and full of wrinkles.Stephanie is young and thin and her face is full of wrinkles...
I think with the Grimaldi family,anything goes.I mean there is an idealization of all,specially of Caroline and no matter the way she dresses,looks or behaves,everything is good.
it's not like thin people get wrinkles, fat people don't. there are many many other factors (like smoking and above all genes). caroline is certainly lucky that she ages gracefully, but she would have less wrinkles if she was "fat"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
I disagree totally with you.Caroline, being fat or thin,has wrinkles caused by smoking and sun.She looks aged for her age,the same happens with Stephanie.It is a pity...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Retrospective: National Day - Monaco michelle Princely Family of Monaco 155 01-24-2011 05:21 AM
National Day 2007 - Monaco tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 120 01-06-2008 02:39 PM
Luxembourg's National Day; June 23, 2007 pretoriana18 Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 35 07-03-2007 07:44 PM
National Day, May 17 2007 Her_Majesty Royal House of Norway 75 05-25-2007 08:24 PM
National Day 2006 - Monaco tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 188 03-30-2007 08:20 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]