The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Nobility

This is a sign of things to come for Alexandra I think. I see Charlotte and Caroline so easily in here here. [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Old 11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Nobility

I never understand it when people say they can't see Caroline in Alex. She's growing up to look like her mother, like lots of little girls who start out looking like their fathers.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another article from hola.com:

CARLOTA CASIRAGHI, RELEVO DEL 'GLAMOUR' EN MÓNACO
Old 11-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Why are there no photos about the official events of this year Monaco's National Day yet? Or at least i haven't receive them yet? what's wrong?
What do you mean, Lazuli?
Hundreds of pics about Monaco's National Day Events have been posted in this thread in the previous pages. Have a look from page 1 !
You can find the pics of Monaco's National Day Celebrations ( November 19th) from post #27.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Ahah! I got them. For once in years Caroline gave a glimpse of the daring cheer young woman she was and that she's been so busy hididing in these last years: a dash of red rebellion in the so classical black. Alex, on the aother hand looked like a «little red devil ( and by this i only mean that she must be a playful little girl )» with her red stockings, although i think she's too young to wear bçlack. Charlotte could use one or two more inches in her skirt, just to balance the whole outfit and Stephanie look like a well behaved young woman...
But i really loved to see Caroline: finally a glimpse of the old and ever present spark
Old 11-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
I never understand it when people say they can't see Caroline in Alex. She's growing up to look like her mother, like lots of little girls who start out looking like their fathers.
I think she might be developing lips like caro and charlotte, but that's really all. the rest is plain ernst. for now...
Old 11-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Is it just me or does Andrea look sickly.In the church he just doesn't look as vibrant as Pierre, maybe it's his hair?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I agree, she looks rundown. I hope she isn't sick again... Stephanie looks rough though...but in a different way.
yeah I agree. In some pics she looks amazing actually, but in close ups not so good.

I don't like Charlotte's Opera look. The dress is unflattering, her face with that kind of hair/make-up looks gorgeous.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Courtier

The whole day seemed to have a sad pall hanging over it. Only Albert seemed jovial.

Caroline: Looks better than she did last spring - healthier. At least she wasn't wearing one of Karl Lagerfeld's horror frocks which are ill-fitting and cheesy looking.

Stephanie - always looks so sad. She has such a glorious smile, but she always looks unkempt and haggard.

Charlotte - her too-short skirt at the church mass was embarrassing. She was attending an official event, not a get-together with her friends. I have never warmed to Charlotte who always has an arrogant look on her face and never smiles.

Alexandra - well, she seems to have calmed down a bit. At the circus this past year she was sticking her tongue out at the photographers. I feel that she is an ill-behaved child who is very spoiled. Caroline never behaved that way when she was young and I don't recall her other children ever acting up in this way. Caroline and EA seem to be very lax parents with Alexandra and I guess that her nanny has no say in the area of discipline.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Thank YOU, Iceflower!

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL
Actually, as I was looking through the gallery of photos, there actually a few where Princess Stephanie, Andrea, Pierre, and Prince Albert are all looking in the same direction - for a few shots - as if something is happening; has drawn their attention - maybe that was it, if she was acting out..... So, maybe Princess Caroline and Ernst were a bit embarrassed, if she was making a scene...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Courtier

The Monaco royal family looks great on Monaco National Day!

Princess Caroline looks so elegant in her black outfit with the red shoes and the red hat. Red is great colour on her.

Princess Stephanie's black outfit looks nice but I don't like her boots. She should have worn a pair of shoes, not boots. It doesn't match her outfit.

I noticed everyone wears black. Why did they wear black? I also noticed Princess Stephanie doesn't look happy. She always looks like that every year on National Day.

Princess Alexandra is so cute and is starting to look like her father, Prince Ernst.

Thank you, everyone for posting all of the pictures of the National Day.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Serene Highness

Have Princess Stephanie's kids ever come to National Day celebrations - I can't recall ever seeing any photos of them in attendance (could be wrong); we don't have this covered (really, at all) in the media here, so there are no videos of the events where they might be shown (if they weren't photographed).
Old 11-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

the opera pictures were the fav of that day for me, as well. Although, can anyone explain why there were people milling about while the royal family seemed at attention? Was there a ceremony happening or is this usual???

As far as stephanie's boots it appears the objective was the boots had a velvety furry look to them to co-ordinate with the collar of her very stylish outfit. Apparantly 'texture" is really "in-style" this season.

Certainly the Strauss must have been great and there were other things as well.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Let's not travel the Charlene road. She is not a member of the Royal House therefore her appearance or lack of one at the National Day events is a non issue. As a result, some posts have been edited and/or deleted as off topic.

I think there is enough material regarding the actual members of the Royal House who actually attended that we can and should move on.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thank you.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Nobility

What they need to do is to look back at photos of previous National Day celebrations and analyze how their parents managed to make them appear, well, more like celebrations! Grace always appeared extremely incredible even later in life, with her weight gain. She managed to make Monaco appear more important and significant.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Almost all family members appeared that I hoped would be present at National day. Almost, because there were no Steph's children.
BTW, Steph looked as if she did not want to be there. She could at least pretend, it is her "duty" anyway to appear at this kind of event. She was only smiling maybe once. Albert the opposite, seemed to be in good mood. I remember his pic from ND 2 years ago, he was really sad.
I liked the most Steph's outfit this year, although she could wear pumps not little booties. Charlotte' skirt was way too short for official event like this, but she looked lovely like always. Little Alexandra red stockings, I don't know...
Wonder why the entire family chose to wear black this year. Other royals often wear bright or light colors on National days.

Opera pics were nice. Charlotte dress was the best. I just wish I could see more of Caroline's outfit.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Thank YOU, Iceflower!

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL
can anyone tell me where those photos are of alexandra - thanks so much
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I post them again here
REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Alexandra de Hanovre... un peu de tenue jeune princesse !

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Getty Gallery (page 2, 3, 4)
Old 11-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Courtier

People can't seem to help but compare the Monaco royals with those from more traditional royal houses. I don't know if this is fair or not but it is unavoidable. I liked Charlotte's dress, as usual I get the feeling that she could do better but the length of her skirt doesn't bother me, personally. A longer hem would have made the outfit boring. I also liked Alexandra's stockings, it made her whole outfit fun and made a somber, simple black dress appropriate for a little girl. I don't care for Stephanie's and Caroline's outfits, particularly the former's shoes and the latter's hairstyle.

As to the opera, Charlotte picked a great color, it matched her surroundings and even the lining on the sashes of the elder royals. I agree with somebody here though saying the cut wasn't exactly flattering. The unsmiling looks on their faces would be something I'd chalk up to that particular moment in the opera. I mean, cmon, they were standing...which could mean a prayer or an anthem or the like, hardly the time to smile. It also does not help that Caroline and Charlotte have pouty lips and high cheekbones, I've known many people accused of being snobs just because people mistake their natural look and expression for being snooty.

What interests me at the opera was the seating arrangement. I don't know the significance of it but I think I like seeing Andrea on that seat.

Oh and lastly, let me just say this... Pierre is one pretty boy!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
People can't seem to help but compare the Monaco royals with those from more traditional royal houses. I don't know if this is fair or not but it is unavoidable. I liked Charlotte's dress, as usual I get the feeling that she could do better but the length of her skirt doesn't bother me, personally. A longer hem would have made the outfit boring. I also liked Alexandra's stockings, it made her whole outfit fun and made a somber, simple black dress appropriate for a little girl. I don't care for Stephanie's and Caroline's outfits, particularly the former's shoes and the latter's hairstyle.

As to the opera, Charlotte picked a great color, it matched her surroundings and even the lining on the sashes of the elder royals. I agree with somebody here though saying the cut wasn't exactly flattering. The unsmiling looks on their faces would be something I'd chalk up to that particular moment in the opera. I mean, cmon, they were standing...which could mean a prayer or an anthem or the like, hardly the time to smile. It also does not help that Caroline and Charlotte have pouty lips and high cheekbones, I've known many people accused of being snobs just because people mistake their natural look and expression for being snooty.

What interests me at the opera was the seating arrangement. I don't know the significance of it but I think I like seeing Andrea on that seat.

Oh and lastly, let me just say this... Pierre is one pretty boy!
I do think that you have a point here! Especially for non-Europeans it might be not that clear that the Grimaldi's are considered in Europe as a sort of fake-royals, not to be taken too seriously in any case. Before Caroline was married to EA she, nor any other Grimaldi family member, was hardly ever invited to a major European royalty event such as weddings etc. IMO she only got that arrogant behaviour and look AFTER her up-marrying. Having all that in mind, it makes you look in a different way, that is for sure. The only reason I follow Caroline, who is about the same age as myself, is for fashion and style purposes. She used to have excellent taste. But her grave, self-important and "regal" behaviour is, to me, a bit silly. So let Charlotte wear mini, it suits her, she has the age, and..... she is NO royal, the other Grimaldi's are semi-royals, and Monaco National Day is not an important event. It is just some sort of soap opera.