The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Those Pictures of Stephanie with Albert are just so cute shows how close they are Steph is just cuddling her big brother

Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Courtier

I'm liking Charlotte's Blair Waldorf look with the headband...her opera look is very glam!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Nobility

I am glad to see the family again. But I must say I alarmed with Caroline's appearance -- she doesn't look healthy. She is radiant, elegant, regal, but not healthy nor refreshed. Her neck looks shockingly wrinkled. I know she's her age, but I don't recall her looking like this earlier this year.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

¡What a beautiful family! Extremely elegant everyone, I loved Caroline´s outfit including the so chic headdress and shoes match. Charlotte, as one of the french magazines say, too beautiful, elegant as always. They were reunited, even with the extended family, several pics of Caroline and Stephanie together, not yet smiling to each other and laughing together. Albert has done a fine job within the family! Andrea looks better, Alexandra is prettier and nicer. ¡God bless this beautiful family!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
I am glad to see the family again. But I must say I alarmed with Caroline's appearance -- she doesn't look healthy. She is radiant, elegant, regal, but not healthy nor refreshed. Her neck looks shockingly wrinkled. I know she's her age, but I don't recall her looking like this earlier this year.
I agree, she looks rundown. I hope she isn't sick again... Stephanie looks rough though...but in a different way.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks everyone for the pics! It's nice to see the family together again, too bad we didn't see Princess Antoinette this year. Charlotte looked much better this year than last year. Caroline's "hat" is similar to one Grace wore for MND in the 70s, except hers was blue. Stephanie looked stunning.

I wish we had more opera pics. It seems it was held this year at the Grimaldi Forum. Is it me or is Caroline wearing eyeglasses in one of the opera pics?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

So many great pictures - where do I start?! Was there video, too? I cannot believe how big - and CUTE - Alex is!! I like that she and Princess Caroline played off each other with red accents. Stephanie looks pretty, and it's nice to see her smiling; love - too - that she was holding her brother's arm. Prince Albert looks great, as does Ernst. Charlotte looked great (day and evening wear). Pierre and Andrea look so handsome! And, there are some great shots of Andrea and Princess Caroline - what a great day.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Charlotte looked sublime. And Alexandra is adorable!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics of the Opera Gala
REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Fête nationale monégasque : Charlotte Casiraghi n'a pas respecté le dress code !
Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks for the link, giov

Here are the three pics from the opera we got yesterday evening
without watermarks:

** Opera 1 ** Opera 2 * Opera 3 **
Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank YOU, Iceflower!

Am I the only one who thinks that Caroline and Ernst looked embarrassed for Alexandra's behaviour yesterday morning?

More pics of the Opera Gala from IBL

Gallery IBL
Old 11-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Commoner

I think Caroline aged tremendously since last year. Her face looks strange and puffy.

Charlotte has the prettiest face but by far not the the best shape. The halterneck without a supporting bra doesn't show off her features favourably.

I very much disliked the arrogant and blasé expression on the ladie's faces (Caroline and Charlotte). Did they forget that their fortune is partly the result of the constant spotlight for the last 50 years (very much favoured by Rainier).

Yes giov you're right EA+C looked a bit embarassed by the behaviour of A. But obviously she's the spitting image of EA - and there's more to expect.

The constant neglect of Stephanie's children and Charlene at events like that gives a hint to the frosty atmosphere behind the scene.

A very disappointing event this year IMO.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekla View Post
I think Caroline aged tremendously since last year. Her face looks strange and puffy.

Charlotte has the prettiest face but by far not the the best shape. The halterneck without a supporting bra doesn't show off her features favourably.

I very much disliked the arrogant and blasé expression on the ladie's faces (Caroline and Charlotte). Did they forget that their fortune is partly the result of the constant spotlight for the last 50 years (very much favoured by Rainier).

Yes giov you're right EA+C looked a bit embarassed by the behaviour of A. But obviously she's the spitting image of EA - and there's more to expect.

The constant neglect of Stephanie's children and Charlene at events like that gives a hint to the frosty atmosphere behind the scene.

A very disappointing event this year IMO.
Caroline looked not her best, I agree, but she may have a flue coming or something like that. There still are occasions that she looks wonderful! Stephanie, on the other hand, always looks years and years older than her actual age. Maybe they have bad genes, when it comes to aging gracefully (GRACEfully). I remember that Grace as well as Rainier were looking very very middle-aged around their fifties, but these were different times, I agree. Despite looking, indeed, old and arrogant, Caroline is still more beautiful than Charlotte will ever be, who is just pretty.
As far as Stephanie's children etc. not being there, it is probably their own choice. Stephanie herself does not look as if she finds this a very enjoyable day. Maybe she wants to spare her children.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
Caroline looked not her best, I agree, but she may have a flue coming or something like that. There still are occasions that she looks wonderful! Stephanie, on the other hand, always looks years and years older than her actual age. Maybe they have bad genes, when it comes to aging gracefully (GRACEfully). I remember that Grace as well as Rainier were looking very very middle-aged around their fifties, but these were different times, I agree. Despite looking, indeed, old and arrogant, Caroline is still more beautiful than Charlotte will ever be, who is just pretty.
As far as Stephanie's children etc. not being there, it is probably their own choice. Stephanie herself does not look as if she finds this a very enjoyable day. Maybe she wants to spare her children.
Yes maybe it's in the genes - e.g. who would have guessed 20 years ago, that the Spanish infantas will be by far more attractive in their fourties than Stephanie. They used to be ugly ducklings when they were young - and look at them now.
The same for Queen Sophia - compare her to Caroline - nobody would guess almost 20 year of age gap between them.
Indeed the ladies of the Spanish royalty manage to age more GRACEfully.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
If only the skirt was longer http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9320/11xx6.jpg

This is an official occasion, not party-time ...
not only that, charlotte obviously can't walk or stand in highheels. she doesn't push through her legs what gives her an awkward look. she should ask her uncle's pal naomi campbell for some advise. imo all woman looked worn or bored for one or the other reason, carolines children especially snobbish, alexandra is old enough and should be well enough educated to behave on such an important occasion, it was national day, remember? her parents were rightly embarrassed but if she interited ea's temper this was only the beginning. apart from albert who i have to admit does have some charisma on such occasions i am sorry to say that the overall impression is disappointing, they all look like relicts unable to preserve the sparkle of monaco's past for the present. very, very second class and cheap.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

A Gallery from Abaca Press from the Opera
Old 11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

Hmm It's on the contrary we feel, because frankly they appeared all to be in very good spirits all day, including Alexandra whom for such a small child managed to hold up under the glare all day with barely a frown. Certainly maybe new clothes were a bit itchy against childrens sensitive soft skin?? That's pretty normal and no one can fault children for being children; it's simply okay.

Maybe the child needed a drink break or break for necessity or simply something to eat or a nap all sustainable reasons as to have behaved as she did. Actually, it would have seemed highly "unusual" for a child that age to make it thru an entire day in an atmosphere so charged with excitement and adreneline without losing steam?

On a thread someone mentioned Stephanie had said she wanted the kids out of the spotlight for a while.She still has a young one too and all that adreneline with all people fluttering about would probably make it difficult for the kids individually and collectively to hold up without losing steam?

Actually we all know, that even on days like Christmas a "season for children" as high adreneline as children are on that day; however, after a while most children start to get tired and worn out and get out of sorts? so it seems pretty normal for around here. As far as the adults they too did quite well, and looked fab and God those flowers at the opera were gorgeous, were they real or silk does anyone know?!!!

What can we say the photo's were great!
As far as adults my heaven's they looked beautiful! that pic with the soft golden lighting on Caroline and Albert looked fabulous and so did everyone else. The whole aging gracefully is taken just a little to far by most people in general it seems. ( wistful sigh?) It just doesn't seem like anyone could age more gracefully than this group whom is doing so naturally and with scarcely a wrinkle between the bunch of them? Caroline and Steph looked just as mah-velous now as they did 20 years ago. Perhaps with a bit more glow to their hairstyles back then however, they seemed quite glowing same as with the beautiful kids.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Nobility

Alexandra just looked like she had itchy stockings, so she scratched them. Stockings are uncomfortable, and children tend to act on instinct rather than tact at that age. While it wasn't the greatest momment to be caught on film (and the press were loving it, weren't they?), I don't see the big deal.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Nobility

Alex is little girl that what kids do when they are uncomfortable and she didn't like her stocking. Why can't PS kids come and PA kids come. The whole family should be there to unity as one family. Even CW.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The pictures are beautiful.

Here are two photo posts:

Famille Princière de Monaco: Always give more than you take ...

Famille Princière de Monaco: Fête nationale 2008 - Instants de tendresse et de complicité

Enjoy !