The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

Charlotte totally looks like a model who lost in a castle.... she's geourgous

Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: (L-R) Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Caroline of Hanover, Princess Alexandra of Hanover, Charlotte Casiraghi, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Andrea Casiraghi arrive to attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8*

Princess Alexandra of Hanover attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5*

Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Galleries from IBL
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveid=5018&search=(IPTC025%20contains%20(GAS2051539))&position=1
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...3))&position=1
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: (L - R) Princess Stephanie of Monaco and nephews Andrea Casiraghi and Pierre Casiraghi attend the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

IBL Gallery

MONTE CARLO, MONACO - NOVEMBER 19: Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the Award Ceremony for badges of rank and medals for employees at the Prince's Palace as part of Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4*
Old 11-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Gentry

I have to agree with a poster above; I myself do not find Alexandra to be particularily cute at all, and there is NO resemblance between her and Caroline. Alexandra is most definitely Ernst's daughter.

As for the ladies fashions this year, I find them somewhat underwhelming.
This is Monaco's National Day, not a State Funeral, and I am at a loss to
understand the collective emphasis on black and grey. True, it is a dignified occasion, and yes, it is November in Monaco, but the ladies could have added some colour to their choices.

Caroline: While I admire the colour and cut of her outfit (even though it
IS a tad too matronly, I do NOT like that red "cap" she is
wearing on her head at all. It looks quite silly
and out of place. In addition, I think Caroline could have added
a dash of colour to her outfit and her makeup - she looks pale
and washed out. A brighter shade of lipstick would have done
wonders. As well, I do NOT like her colour choice of shoes.

Stephanie: I LOVE her coat! Very nice. However, those boots! They
do, to a degree, compliment her coat, but they detract from
her figure and presentation. I think Italian black high-heeled
shoes would have done much more justice to her outfit.
And why oh why does she continually cut her hair? Steph looks
best with a longer, fuller hairstyle. Like Caroline, Steph could
have spruced up her makeup a bit more.

Charlotte: Very nice outfit and shoes, but again, why all the black!?
I did not care for her little-girl headband at all; she is a 22
year old woman, not a 13 year old girl.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I have to agree with a poster above....
Dear Johnnie,

As I noticed before, you have a very definite opinion on women´s clothes, which is extraordinary it itself, let alone that you seem to have a lot of fashion sense and taste.
Although you certainly have a point as far as the make-up of Caroline and Stephanie is concerned, I do not agree with the criticism about the lack of colour in clothing. Black and grey are ALWAYS considered very chique in Europe, especially with a beautifully cut suit. These "colours", however, do not work in pictures. I adore Caroline's shoes, but they are a strange choice with the black suit. Looks a bit cheap. Probably she chose the head to match the shoes, but it all looks a bit weird. Makes you realize that even all the money and designer advice in the world, are no guarantee!
Stephanie looks sad and lost, as always on these occasions. The boots, though cute in itself, are no good choice either.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
Dear Johnnie,

As I noticed before, you have a very definite opinion on women´s clothes, which is extraordinary it itself, let alone that you seem to have a lot of fashion sense and taste.
Although you certainly have a point as far as the make-up of Caroline and Stephanie is concerned, I do not agree with the criticism about the lack of colour in clothing. Black and grey are ALWAYS considered very chique in Europe, especially with a beautifully cut suit. These "colours", however, do not work in pictures. I adore Caroline's shoes, but they are a strange choice with the black suit. Looks a bit cheap. Probably she chose the head to match the shoes, but it all looks a bit weird. Makes you realize that even all the money and designer advice in the world, are no guarantee!
Stephanie looks sad and lost, as always on these occasions. The boots, though cute in itself, are no good choice either.
Ha, Ha, she chose the "head", well that would be something, the "hat" of course! PRUTS
Old 11-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Monaco National Day, on November 19, 2008 at Monaco. (AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE/GETTY)

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9* *10*

*11* *12* *13* *14* *15* *16*

More...

*17* *18* 19* *20* *21* *22* *23* *24* *25* *26*

*27* *28* *29* *30*
Old 11-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Gentry

LOL! Hey Pruts...yes, Caroline DID choose the "hat/cap" NOT her head! ;-)

I agree with you that black/grey are considered classic and chic, but there's still a lack of style present here. That said, if Caroline and Steph had added some colour to their faces - makeup, it would have REALLY brought out their dark clothes choices and would have looked fabulous.

Caroline, as I stated before, seems to be oddly drawn to matron-style outfits. True, she is 51, and true, there is nothing really 'wrong', per se,
with her outfit, but a little Vera Wang or Donna Karan would go a long way with Caroline!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

On Topic: what was the big announcement Albert claimed he would be making today?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Charlotte looks so great! Love the entire outfit.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

Did anyone notice that in the picture where Ernst seems to be interacting with Alex that he didn't seem to happy and neither did she? He looks to be moving her when they are standing in front of the palace and the one where they are on the balcony, Alex looks unhappy when he is talking to her, Charo doesn't look too happy with him either. I might be bias because I really have never been fond of him, that is why I am asking others opinion.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Abaca Press Gallery

*Charlotte* *Char2* *Char3*

*Stephanie and Albert* >*1* *2*
Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

IBL just added tons more photos
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco's National Day celebrations on November 19, 2008, in Monte Carlo, Monaco (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

*1* *2* *3* *4*

Another Belga Gallery
Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks everyone for the pictures. They are all very elegant, but everyone in black is too much. They should talk over about the outfits some time before.

And i don´t understand why Caroline didn´t match the bag with the shoes, any fashion expert here?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Alexandra de Hanovre... un peu de tenue jeune princesse !

En effet...
Old 11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Well I think they all looked great.
They all look good in black, so why not wear it. Caro matched her hat with the shoes, if she would have had a red bag as well, it would have been too much IMO.
I love the detail of Alexandra having a white and red band in her hair.
And did you notice that Pierre is looking a lot like Stefano?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

It was delightful to see the pics from this round of photos. It was hoped that they would have photos from inside the church and wow they were as beautiful as everyone imagined they would be! Great job to whomever posted them. Is there a ballet or opera scheduled for later? or festivities and will we get pics for them too?

Personally the Feather hat was lovely one of 'the" favorite touches of the outfits worn today. Although feather earrings are a personal fav of ours too!!! So, glad they are in style this season as well! Which designer created the designs for whom; is something hopefully someone will mention? All the outfits we fab so it's impossible for us diehard clothes horses to pick a fav. Since they are all exquisite.

It was surprising but not disappointing to the the Massy's drop in as well. Looks.

Well, it must be said for Ernest whom made "best dressed man of the Year list" for the record it seems all the guys today could qualify for that title! Has anyone seen the jewelry pieces that Caroline wore today before? What was that necklace; Rubies?? it was simply gorgeous, but couldn't tell clearly from pics?
Hopefully we will see the next round of festivities photo's when they come in. Party hearty!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Is it allowed to say, that I feel so disappointed ???
If it is not allowed, then please cancel this post.