The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Stephanie looks great, I like too Princess Caroline outfit.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It's very interesting to note that obviously, times are changing in Monaco. It's common knowledge that Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have been barely on speaking terms for quite some time now while Prince Albert is closer to his younger sister. But now we see the effects on a different level with Princess Stephanie taking over a more public role throughout the National Day celebrations, even appearing in the company of her brother and without Caroline at the opera gala. Looks like the days of Princess Caroline forever acting as 'unofficial First Lady' are over.
Princess Stephanie has certainly lead a colorful life but it's unfortunate that this has turned her into something of a joke to the general public. Princess Caroline is known to be quite a social snob although she herself went through enough 'colorful' episodes in her private life. Maybe her higher rank as Princess of Hannover adds to that air of superiority which IMHO has been oozing from her over the past years, but there's simply no reason to look down on her sister... I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephanies children make National Day appearances in the years to come, it would be the next logic step.
Monaco's future might turn out to be quite interesting especially if Prince Albert does not produce an heir. Historically, the Grimaldis have always been a rather divided family, and it remains to be seen how the struggle for power will be resolved...
That's juicy...I had no idea Caroline was not speaking with Stephanie...they all look so civil photographs...

I agree that Caroline does have that air of superiority but she reminds me so much of her mother...very regal. Perhaps she is just used to acting this way with both Albert and Steph...more of a motherly figure...showing disappointment and such...

Old 11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
You think?...I always think she looks so much like her father.
So do I, pity for her. IMO she looks spoiled and unpleasant most of the times, not cute at all.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen Stephanie touch Alexandra, very nice pics.

Ani
Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

yes Stephanie was more interactive with Alexandra than i have ever seen in Pics
Old 11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Majesty

Here is the first video I could find:

Video FETE DU PRINCE 2007 - FETE, Prince, Monaco - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
The outfit on Alex is so ugly...they should've let Charlotte dress her. And she looks like she is going to be a little terror when she gets older...LOL...
It's a traditional dress for National Day. Charlotte wore it too when she was Alex's age, as did Caroline and Stephanie at the same age.
I guess it is ugly though, but cute for little girls.... they grow out of it and don't see it again until their own little girls wear it.

I love Charlotte's whole outfit. The shoes were hot.

So Steph attended the opera this year, not Caroline. I wish they would all attend together, but it's not to be. Well, Ann de Massy and Melanie got the prime seats this year.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

It seems that Stephanie is slowly emerging out of her shell and taking more of a public role. I am really glad for her! Hopefully she will become more relaxed when performing public duties and learn how to smile more often.
It was a pleasure seeing them all together without intruders! Hopefully they they will continue this trend.....
Old 11-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Alexandra will be more beautiful than Charlotte IMO.
I thought she was pretty ugly when she was a little kid but now, I think she's very beautiful. Probably she'll be a "blonde Caroline". And yes, I see much of her mom in her features.
In 7/8 years she'll be the next IT girl.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Nobility

video youtube Monaco's National Day

Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

If you got to Youtube and search Monaco the video work on their. thanks for the video
Old 11-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Royal Highness

Sophisticated Caro

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
Caroline looks great. The color from the outfit is beautiful. I also like Charlottes outfit. She wears a lot of black, but she looks elegant. Alexandra looks cute.
Thanks for the pictures .
Caro looks superb as usual with her outfit in burgundy contrasted by a gray hat and shoes.This is an example of a lady who knows her subtle but unusual contrasts. I loved this outfit of hat and brooch ; very Isadora Duncan......sartrorially splendid..........for the National Day 2007
Old 11-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It's very interesting to note that obviously, times are changing in Monaco. It's common knowledge that Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have been barely on speaking terms for quite some time now while Prince Albert is closer to his younger sister. But now we see the effects on a different level with Princess Stephanie taking over a more public role throughout the National Day celebrations, even appearing in the company of her brother and without Caroline at the opera gala. Looks like the days of Princess Caroline forever acting as 'unofficial First Lady' are over.
Princess Stephanie has certainly lead a colorful life but it's unfortunate that this has turned her into something of a joke to the general public. Princess Caroline is known to be quite a social snob although she herself went through enough 'colorful' episodes in her private life. Maybe her higher rank as Princess of Hannover adds to that air of superiority which IMHO has been oozing from her over the past years, but there's simply no reason to look down on her sister... I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephanies children make National Day appearances in the years to come, it would be the next logic step.
Monaco's future might turn out to be quite interesting especially if Prince Albert does not produce an heir. Historically, the Grimaldis have always been a rather divided family, and it remains to be seen how the struggle for power will be resolved...
The Grimaldis are divided to the untrained eye.Actually they are a united we stand divided we fall family......I do not think there is an internal struggle and I also think they have it all figured out.They are cosmopolitan individuals who are highly cultured and educated.They know exactly what the score is.....
Old 11-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Alexandra will be more beautiful than Charlotte IMO.
I thought she was pretty ugly when she was a little kid but now, I think she's very beautiful. Probably she'll be a "blonde Caroline". And yes, I see much of her mom in her features.
In 7/8 years she'll be the next IT girl.
agree....i badly disliked her when she was younger...didn't find her attractive at all...but now, the more time goes by, the more beautiful she is...she really grow in me, she's one od my fave now ...in a decade she will be gorgeous...but i'd say that she's more a hanover than a grimaldi...she really looks like her father, but she has some of her mother features...i don't know if she'll be a blonde caroline, only time will tell
Old 11-22-2007, 05:29 AM
Majesty

Here's another video:

Portail info Monaco et actualité de Monte Carlo et Monaco

http://www.monaco.mc/actuVoirVideo.d...=630&width=630
Old 11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Nobility

The video is nice. I think in the video when Caroline forgot to bless the cross Albert and Stephanie did. Then when they left Albert bless than Caroline Stephanie didn't which is weird.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Royal Highness

Steph and the Grimaldis

Usually Steph always looked average in these National Day ceremonies and she looks sensational in her heavy lace outfit in this one.Then entire family is exceptionally beautiful,unified and well turned out and PA by the looks of the video is doing super as well...God Bless them...
Deo Juvante
Old 12-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Hello everybody, it may be just my imagination, but seeing all these pictures of the Fête Nationale, makes me think that Caroline seems each day more absent from Monaco. Not just phisically ( since she leaves in France ), but also and above all psicologically and spiritually. Yes she takes part in some events, but in the less possible number and always in a most reluctant way... just posing for the photo. What do you think?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Nice description!
I think all three Grimaldi siblings suffer from that. Steph looks like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights practically all the time and can't rarely manage a smile even when she's posing for a photograph.
Caroline, I think you pretty much said it all.
And Albert suffers from the same. He can produce a smile on command when he's being filmed or photographed, but looks rather miserable when he thinks he's not being watched. Combine that with rumours that he spends his free time (and some working time as well) and nights at Roc Agel and most of the rest of it travelling for holidays, fun and work and then he too seems to be absent.

I wonder where it went wrong. The death of their father? Something before that? The presence of Charlene? Tiffs and arguments we don't know about? Troubles or illnesses in the family? I sometimes have the feeling that Monaco's time has passed and we are now witnessing its first steps on the downhill slope?
Old 01-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Aren't National Day events open to the public - including evening dinner/ball events; what about Rose Ball, the Red Cross Ball and Grand Prix events - are those by invitation only, or open to the public to purchase tix and attend? I ask that because it seems that when you see pictures of them dining and dancing, the crowd seems to be huge - albeit filled with some celebrities, and their friends/colleagues, but there seems to be quite a crowd.