The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

oh just one more bit: it looks in the program as if the mass was on Saturday, but in fact it is on Sunday as is the opera. Some residents here are also a bit confused, because there will be no school,offices etc. open on Monday due to National Holiday. Fact is though, that in spite of all the activities before and after, National Holiday is still the 19th. Just in case anyone got confused.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
[/CENTER]
This is the worst musical program I have seen in the last 6 years in any mass that a member of the princely family attended. Originally a different program was previewed.
The Bach organ works should be cool, and the Gregorian chant also. I wish I could hear it. But I just get to see pictures and maybe have some 20 second video clips with the music drowned out by pointless commentary!

Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
The Bach organ works should be cool, and the Gregorian chant also. I wish I could hear it. But I just get to see pictures and maybe have some 20 second video clips with the music drowned out by pointless commentary!
The gregorian isn't that great, especially since it has been a last minute decision and the Maze is ok, but nothing extraordinary. Very repetitive. Believe me, this year is musically not a delight for those who love sacred music.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
The gregorian isn't that great, especially since it has been a last minute decision and the Maze is ok, but nothing extraordinary. Very repetitive. Believe me, this year is musically not a delight for those who love sacred music.
Gregorian chant is so nice, but since it is a last minute decision, I can see it not being top tier. It's really hard to do, isn't it?!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Gregorian chant is so nice, but since it is a last minute decision, I can see it not being top tier. It's really hard to do, isn't it?!
Not if you practice or know the basics of singing. It only sounds difficult for some people because there is no orchestra or organ to cover up for you when you didn't quite get it right. And there is a tendency to drop about half a tone. Like everything, it takes practise to succeed, but with practise and proper technique, it is not difficult. It might not be of a high artistic value then, but at least you'll hit all the notes and don't have a cringing audience.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

he Monegasque National Holiday 2006 : requests for accreditation and press facilities

13/11/2006 -

Accreditation will be granted according to publications on Monaco for the ongoing year.

One photographer only will be accredited for each agency : the name of each accredited photographer must be confirmed by Monday 13th November 2006 at the latest.

All COURIERS must be accredited.

Badges are nominative and can be collected from the Press Centre as from Wednesday 15th November (from 9 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.), 10 quai Antoine Ier.

- Red Badge: photographers – access to stands in the Cathedral and the Place du Palais;
- Yellow Badge: written press and radio journalists - access to stands in the Cathedral and the Place du Palais ;
- White Badge blanc: television - access to stands in the Cathedral and the Place du Palais
- Brown badge: SAMIPA (technicians for live broadcasts) – all individuals authorised to carry out their functions inside the Prince’s Palace will wear a special badge “Prince’s Palace” provided by the Press Office.

Accreditations giving access to the following events:
- Distribution of parcels in the headquarters of the Monegasque Red Cross (16/11 – 10.30 a.m.);
- Distribution of gifts in the Foyer Rainier III (18/11 – 2.30 p.m.);
- Te Deum Mass in the Cathedral and Military Parade in the Place du Palais (19/11 – from 9 a.m. onwards – access to the stands) ;
- Military parade in the Main Courtyard (19/11 at 11.15 a.m.): the photographic pool will be carried out by Charly Gallo: photos will be available from the Press Centre from 3 p.m.

Stands in the Cathedral and the Place du Palais:
- Access to the stands will be monitored by Nicolas Saussier, Katia Zyskowski (Press Office of the Palace) and Lydie Calvas-Blanchon (Press Centre;
- Prior stickage is forbidden.

Selection of photos available to accredited photographers:
- The Press Centre’s photographer will take photos of the various events that are not accessible to the press: Honours Award Ceremony (17th and 18th November in the Prince’s Palace); inside the Cathedral and the Main Courtyard (19th November); Prince’s Box for the Gala evening (19th November in the Salle Garnier).
- A selection of these photos will be available only to accredited agencies from the Press Centre after each event (details of times will follow).

For the television: pictures of the ceremonies from Sunday 19th November will be available from 1 p.m. in the mobile broadcast unit behind the Cathedral upon prior request from the Press Office of the Prince’s Palace (by fax +377 93 25 24 45 or e-mail: presse@palais.mc).

Access: to gain access to Monaco-Ville on Sunday 19th November, we recommend parking all vehicles in the “Pęcheurs” car park.

source : gouv.mc
Old 11-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

we should get to see the first pics today from the red cross distribution this afternoon.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

hello everyone Paca looking for some insight here, out of curiousity whom picked out the music for the National Day. can you give some insight as to the type of music they had before in other National Days and why you think this is better, or not from other times. most of us newbie's here don't have anything to compare it to, however, no comparison is necessary from me simply because whatever music is okay with me. i'm not familiar with sacred music spoken about here however, am c-u-r-i-o-u-s as we all are to see what goodies were thought up for PA. i missed his original inauguration so this should be interesting .
Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
we should get to see the first pics today from the red cross distribution this afternoon.
Isn't the Red Cross distrbution tomorrow ?!
Today there is some event for children aged between 3 and 10 , a thing called 'SOS Clown' ( might be that Stephanie attends) .
Old 11-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

In the paper they published Wednesday, but that could have been an error or I remembered it wrong. But when I read the program I remember making a note to myself about first pics today. There has already been some music for the elderly, but so far no pics with the family. From what I gathered from the paper, the family (mainly Albert and Steph, Caro only seems to be doing the cultural merit) is spreading and not doing the events together (like last year where we had plenty of pics with Albert and Steph). They might still show up in doubles, but the official announcement was mainly for one for each event. If I still have the article, I'll post events and family member.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

1st pics

Albert and Stephanie -> Red Cross distribution
Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Michelle Steph and Albert look great
Old 11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Nobility

Nice to see Stephanie smiling so much. Thank you Michelle.

Ani
Old 11-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some more from Deadline Press !
Old 11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Nice pics. I'm happy to see Princess Stephanie again.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures Michelle. I love to see PS and PA perform charitable tasks together. PS really looks great!..
Old 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Wonderful pictures, Michelle, here are some from Gettyimages:

Caption: Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie pose at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco after delivering parcels to Monegasques, 16 November 2006. Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie will attend several events before the Monaco National Day 19 November in Monaco. (Photos VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4
Old 11-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for all pictures!
It's so nice to see Stephanie and Albert together again. Stephanie is having a great time by the look at her!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

It's great to see family again! Wonderful photos! :)
Old 11-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie does look nice. It's good to see her supporting her brother.