The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Courtier

Name That Grimaldi

Inspired by this thread in the Denmark forums, I was curious what the Monaco watchers would name the next Grimaldi Royal.

I am NOT saying whose child it would be, hence it wouldn't necessarily be an heir. I am just asking for names that y'all think would be proper for a child of Grimaldi lineage.

I like Antoine Bertrand William
and
Isabelle Marie Louise

Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Courtier

I think Isabelle for a girl but somehow Grace would work its way into the name as well.

And somewhere in a boy's name would be Rainier.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I think Isabelle for a girl but somehow Grace would work its way into the name as well.

And somewhere in a boy's name would be Rainier.
I agree Pinklady

How about Isabella Grace Patricia for a girl? I like Isabella better than Isabelle. A boy will proabably have Rainier as a middle name. Hmmmm... how about Francois Rainier Jacques Pierre. That includes the pirate ancestor that stormed the rock, Albert's father & both grandfathers.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Aristocracy

Pomeline Grace Caroline

Roberto Albert Rainier
Old 12-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Gentry

Jacques Rainier Alber for the boy
Elisabeth Grace Charlotte or Catharine Eva Grace for the Girl....

Would be nice also Alexander, Rainier, Albert ( but we already have one alexander... )

Lady M.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Courtier

A little off subject perhaps...but what I find really strange is that the name Grace has not been used as a first name for any Grimaldi kids, only as a second name for one of Stephanie's daughters.

Caroline's Girls:
Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi
Princess Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia of Hanover

Stephanie's Girls:
Pauline Grace Maguy Ducruet
Camille Marie Kelly Gottlieb
Old 12-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
A little off subject perhaps...but what I find really strange is that the name Grace has not been used as a first name for any Grimaldi kids, only as a second name for one of Stephanie's daughters.
I thought I read once that the Sovereign holds final approval for names of all offspring in line for the throne. If this is true, perhaps Rainier told his daughters not to use it in hopes of Albert having a legitimate daughter. If Albert uses it, the little girl is automatically titled a Princess unlike Caroline & Stephanie using it. Maybe a girls name could be Grace Marie Patricia. This way the people of Monaco could refer to her as Princess Grace Marie so as not to confuse with Princess Grace. You could use another middle name in combo with Grace (like Grace Ann), but I thought Marie is French and it flows nicely.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Caroline didn´t want to name har daughter Grace, everyone thought she would,but she once said she didn´t want to put a weight on their shoulders, if you understand the expression. Grace is a "heavy" name, because of the importance the princess had not only to Monaco but in the world, and the little girl would be compared too much to her grandma, perhaps more than they are now.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Nobility

I agree Rosana -- naming a princess of Monaco after the legendary Grace simply puts too much pressure on the girl to measure up to her late grandmother.

Imagine the traditional Grimaldi tradition of having their family pic taken with Grace's portrait in the background -- that must be terrifying for the "new Grace" knowing people seeing the picture will inevitably compare her with the original.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:32 AM
Serene Highness

Some names for the Grimaldis:
Charles Antoine- there were MC princes with these names

Louise Marie- there was a princess Louise-Hyppolite.

Next MC heir might be: Charles Rainer Louis.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-02-2006, 05:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I still like the names I choice years ago for Albert's son. Immanuel Charles Albert Rainier. Girl Annabella Grace or Mary Katherine.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

It depends on who´s going to have the baby. Princess Stephanie didn´t use very traditional names (only Louis). Caroline named her children as her grandparents, husband,father, very traditional.
I would like Francois like the first Grimaldi for an Albert son.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Nobility

I like Ana Grace, I like any combinations with Ana (...that might be because my name is Ana Sofia). I also like Gabriella or Gabrielle, they go well with Grimaldi.

Ana Gabriella Grimaldi...oooaaahhh

Ani
Old 12-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Caroline didn´t want to name har daughter Grace, everyone thought she would,but she once said she didn´t want to put a weight on their shoulders, if you understand the expression. Grace is a "heavy" name, because of the importance the princess had not only to Monaco but in the world, and the little girl would be compared too much to her grandma, perhaps more than they are now.
I agree with Rosana, I wouldn't choose this beautiful, but fatal and really "heavy" name, Grace, too. Grace is one and only.
My choice for the girl: Marie Patricia Claudia/Claudine ...though Gabrielle Grimaldi sounds nice as well...
As to the boy:...hmmmm... many years I liked the perfect Royal name - Alexander. I am sure it would be the best choice, but not now when the notorious person under invented name "Coste" "has already stolen" this name Of course, now Alexander has erased from the Grimaldi Name' List...at any case for the next upcoming generation...Taking into account this correction I think I would choose: Antoine Rainier Valentine
...Ehhh, girls, I am afraid we divide up the bearskin before the bear is shot!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Courtier

Nora or Joan for a girl maybe Frank or Paul for a boy that is nice that the members what to name one of Caroline's , Albert's or Stephanie's children after the late great Grace not it will not work as a first name but a middle name yes ,.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Courtier

I'd love...
Claudine Marie Andrée for a girl, the first two names are traditional and historical names for Monegasque princesses, and the last one...i'm assuming Andrea Casiraghi's a godfather (or the father). *wink wink*

Lucien Rainier Nicolas plus one or two other names, perhaps Pierre Matthieu.

...i didn't know there was a Pomelline (Fregoso) in Monaco's history before Charlotte Marie Pomeline. http://www.guide2womenleaders.com/wo...npower1450.htm

Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Gentry

I'd like to see some good old Italian names, but - I'm half Italian, so I'm being biased here! LOL.

Boys:

Gianfranco
Giancarlo
Giovanni
Sergio

Girls:

Francesca
Isabella

Or, my favourite French name for a girl: Marie Helene or Helene Marie
Old 12-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD

Caroline's Girls:
Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi
Princess Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia of Hanover

Stephanie's Girls:
Pauline Grace Maguy Ducruet
Camille Marie Kelly Gottlieb
Charlotte was named after her maternal great-grandmother
Alexandra's names were taken from her 5 godmothers
Pauline's second and third names were from her grandmothers
Camille's third name was in honor of the Kelly family

Well, I would like to see a variation of Caroline's names- Caroline Louise Marguerite - and Pomeline, and I always thought that Christine Alix de Massey had a lovely name so I'd like to see Alix, too:

Alix Louise Marguerite
Alix Louise Pomeline

I would also like to see the name Claudine again in the family. Gabrielle is also lovely.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness