Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
I think Grimaldi.
Albert III Grimaldi

Old 04-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Reading your post's all I can say is Albert II as he will be known has just become Regent due to his father's health. Being around his age you all are making me feel really old Albert has many years ahead. And don't forget Princess Caroline would become Regent before Andrea.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Just Grimaldi

Casiraghi-Grimaldi sounds great, Hillary!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Courtier

I've learn somewhere that caroline can access to the trone because women are not abble to reign in monaco . For the Princess Charlotte it was different because her father doesn't have any heir "male" so she was obliged to reign but now If Albert doesn't have children there are heir male (Andrea, Pierre or Louis !)
Old 04-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Gentry

Question Futur

... After Albert is Andrea .
Caroline can't become The Regent ...
Albert is new Regent but i don't know if he will adopt Andrea.
I think Andrea changes her name : ANDREA CASIRAGHI-GRIMALDI to become Regent of Monaco.

If Albert not marry / no children :

When Andrea will become The Prince of Monaco ??

- After Albert died or ... ? :(

KISS :)
Old 04-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

LadyMacAlpine described the Monaco line of ascendency very well in another thread.

"The line of succession is as follows Albert, Caroline, Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte, Alexandria, Stephanie, Louis, and Pauline. Male heirs always before female except in the case of Princess Victoria their law was changed to be the first born."
Old 04-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

smdouglas is correct. Caroline is next in line after Albert after the change in the constitution.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
does anyone know more about this
Kittencrew has the correct order of succession minus Camille as montecarlo said however due to the changes in the Constituation in 2002 an adopted child is no longer eligable. With the changes and other things even if the Grimaldi line ends Monaco will remain an independant state from France etc etc. Many errors will be seen in the press over the next several weeks to months due to not having their files updated as the laws changed. I won't be at all surprised to see claims from woman that Albert fathered their child over the next year or so. Thats a feeling based on past claims and history of Monarchs. Albert is free to acknowledge any child he might have fathered. Unless he legally marries the mother the child is not an heir.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness

Although I woun't hold my breath, I do hope that Albert will marry soon and one day have children.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele Laetitia
Hey guys!
I know this topic has been kind of deserted ....but::
You were all talking about ALBERT not getting married, but you would have the same problem
with Andrea!!! Knowing he is also a little of a playboy, I dont see him getting married before he's like 30! I mean, in Monaco, in order to maintain inheritance of the throne, wouldnt you have to be married?? For me, it would be logical, that Caroline would rule, and áfter her Andrea would rule, cause, be honest here y'all, Andrea won't be married that soon right!!??
ANyway, let me know (please) what you all think about this....
Bye!!!
With Albert, chances are slim he'd settle down for the sake of succession. With Andrea, he's still young! He can be a playboy for several more years and still marry and have children after he's sown his wild oats, so to speak.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Courtier

since andrea is closer to becoming ruler than ever before, shouldn't the palace inform the monegasque public of what he's been up to? like where he goes to uni, or what he's studying...whether he'd go into military or not... things like that, same way as the brits are informed by a palace spokesperson of what wills will do with his life?

Old 04-18-2005, 05:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

There was a report on Andrea's possibility of inheriting the throne today on ET. He failed his major exams so he isnt going to university or anything i think, its not one of his strong points. They are linking him with Princess Beatrice of England (how they would have to change their religions)and also talked about Tatiana Dominguez or whatever her name is.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

I know there's practically no possibility of this but i'd like to see Stephanie's Louis inherit the throne. He seems like the diamond in the ruff!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

I hope that Andrea do that exam and enter to university, it is time to do that ( or something, i know he has money and he can travel and have fun, but he must do something). playboy or not i hope he find a girl who love him, maybe not now, but i hope that in his 30 he will be marry!( and study or work!)
Old 04-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

I found this link

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal...colastwill.htm

Last will of Fuerst Rainier of Monaco
given to the public on August 3, 2004
(Charlotte Casiraghi's 18th birthday)

Since a constitutional change implemented by Princely Law 1.249 of April 2, 2002, succession to the crown of Monaco passes to the descendants of the reigning prince in accordance with male-preference primogeniture. Currently, the line of succession is:

Son Altesse Sérénissime Rainier Louis Henri Maxence Bertrand Grimaldi, Le Prince de Monaco (born May 31, 1923), is the current Prince and Head of State of the Principality of Monaco.

The line of succession is as follows:

1 - Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Héréditaire de Monaco, Marquis de Baux (Prince Albert)

2 - Sa Altesse Royale la Princesse Caroline de Hannovre née Princesse de
Monaco

3 - Andrea Casiraghi

4 - Pierre Casiraghi

5 - Charlotte Casiraghi

6 - Sa Altesse Royale la Princesse Alexandra de Hannovre

7 - Sa Altesse Sérénissime la Princesse Stéphanie de Monaco

8 - Louis Ducruet

9 - Pauline Ducruet

10 - Sa Altesse Sérénissime la Princesse Antoinette de Monaco, Baronesse de Massy

11 - Christian Baron de Massy

12 - Antoine Baron de Massy

13 - Laetizia Baronesse de Massy

14 - Elizabeth-Ann Baronesse de Massy

15 - Jean-Léonard Taubert Natta

16 - Mélanie de Lusignan

17 - Keith Sebastian Knecht
Old 04-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness

I also found this link as well

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/royal2/monacoarticle.htm
Old 04-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I was reading the link and saw an error which John Glatt and everyone else in the press seems to make.
Quote:
Her third husband, Prince Ernst of Hanover, was a man whom Grace had originally hoped her daughter would marry. If the late princess were still alive, however, she might have changed her mind about him. Under Salic law (which prohibits succession in the female line), Ernst would be the British king rather than just the Prince of Hanover. That Salic law does not apply in Britain is fortunate, as the prince's exploits include relieving himself on the Turkish tent at the Hanover Expo 2000, being fined £7,000 for kicking a sound engineer, assaulting journalists, beating up a disco manager, and throwing mozzarella round a Salzburg restaurant, hitting a baron on the head in the process.
Quote:
Under Salic law (which prohibits succession in the female line), Ernst would be the British king rather than just the Prince of Hanover.
Quote:

British royal house of German origin, descended from George Louis, elector of Hanover, who succeeded to the British crown, as George I, in 1714. The dynasty provided six monarchs: George I (reigned 1714–27), George II (reigned 1727–60), George III (reigned 1760–1820), George IV (reigned 1820–30), William IV (reigned 1830–37), and Victoria (reigned 1837–1901). It was succeeded by the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, which was renamed in 1917 the house of Windsor.

After the English Revolution of 1688–89, the Act of Settlement of 1701 secured the English crown to Protestants. It made Anne (of the house of Stuart) the heir presumptive; and, if she lacked issue, the crown was to go to Sophia, electress of Hanover (granddaughter of James I), and her descendants, passing over many Roman Catholics in the normal line of succession. The electress predeceased Anne by two months, and the crown went to Sophia's son, George I. The first two Georges were considered foreigners, especially by many Scots, and in 1715 and 1745 the Stuart claimants—James Edward, the Old Pretender, and Charles Edward, the Young Pretender—vainly attempted to regain the throne. George III, born in England, achieved wider British recognition.

From http://www.hfac.uh.edu/gbrown/philos...overHouse.html

As it is clearly written in paragraph two the crown passed to George I through a woman. Therefore had the Salic or Salique Law applied the Hanovers wouldn't have ruled Britain. The Throne of Monaco has also passed through woman more then once. The link will give you information on the lineage. http://www.monaco.mc/monaco/700ans/hist.html#2
Old 04-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Nobility

I think Albert should marry, i'm not saying he should rush into it, but i feel i wife beside him and family will help ease the burden of his royal duties. This would also ease the pressure of PC and her son, because obviously they are next in line!!!

He's handsome, young - he should go for it!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

According to wikipedia, she currently holds both titles of HRH The Princess of Hanover and HSH The Hereditary Princess of Monaco http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolin...ess_of_Hanover. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, though, so I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, though basic factual information like don't tend to be wrong.