The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

Someone mentioned on here that PA is attending the Catholic school in Monaco.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

I don't know! I thought she was protestant too but the holy communion is a sacrament of catholicism... And I'm sure I saw her taking it during the pricely wedding

Old 08-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy

Alexandra was baptized in the Lutheran church, the faith of the Hanover family

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Alexandra has been raised protdstant. If she changed after to catholic, i do not know.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder will Charlotte or Her Brothers receive titles upon marriage?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
I wonder will Charlotte or Her Brothers receive titles upon marriage?
It doesn't appear as if Andrea has, so I doubt Charlotte or Pierre will. If they make the move to give the Casiraghi's titles then it's likely to be seen as Prince Albert saying that he doesn't expect to ever have legitimate children.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

There seems to be a lot of speculation about whether or not the pair will or even can have children (owing to ages, health, etc), but personally I don't see any reason to doubt that they plan on having children at some point - on their time and under their terms. While there are factors that may inhibit their reproductivity, the fact is that older men have been fathering children for a long time and older women having kids is becoming increasingly common, especially among the rich and famous.

I think it's significant to note the behaviour of the Casiraghis in general too. Andrea had a son out of wedlock, Charlotte is now pregnant and may not be in any rush to wed herself.

The way Andrea treated the birth of his son - with minimal pomp and circus, and without officially realizing the name or any christening information - makes it seem as though he considers himself to be a private citizen (albeit one from a wealthy background with very public family connections), and not a future monarch. That to me indicates that the Casiraghis aren't really in a rush to become the top dogs, and are expecting that Albert will father the future of the line.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Andrea 's marriage and the birth of his child made virtually no headlines. Something tells me he wants it that way.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't know! I thought she was protestant too but the holy communion is a sacrament of catholicism... And I'm sure I saw her taking it during the pricely wedding
The Hanover boys took communion at Prince Rainiers funeral yet they are still Lutheran.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

The Hanover boys took communion at Prince Rainiers funeral yet they are still Lutheran.
I may be wrong but I think that at that time, the Hannover boys were already adults and they probably were already "confirmed" as protestants. (In my church, we do it once we reach the age 16) but Alexandra is a child and I don t think she was confirmed back then.
Do someone know if a lutheran child can take communion ?
Léonard de Vinci
Old 09-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally, the sense I've always gotten about the Casiraghis in general is that they're happy to be rich, but could take or leave some of the fame and aren't rushing to be royal. While royalty is a bit different in Monaco, I've never really gotten the sense that Andrea is in all that much of a hurry to be the top gun, so to speak.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think anyone in the family wants the job. Princess Caroline said in an interview that they were raised that Monaco came first and their personal lives were secondary. "Duty, obedience, guilt."
Old 09-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

(...)
Personally, the sense I've always gotten about the Casiraghis in general is that they're happy to be rich, but could take or leave some of the fame and aren't rushing to be royal. While royalty is a bit different in Monaco, I've never really gotten the sense that Andrea is in all that much of a hurry to be the top gun, so to speak.
Nor I. It seems he is happy to be a socialite. (Wealthy and respectable socialite of course ) :)
Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I don't think anyone in the family wants the job. Princess Caroline said in an interview that they were raised that Monaco came first and their personal lives were secondary. "Duty, obedience, guilt."
Funny; none of them are involved in Monaco in any way and none of them are looking too dutiful.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:43 AM
Gentry

Andrea married the mother of his child , under Monaco and French law, his child is Legitimate!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Courtier

Well, the next so many years are going to be interesting.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Funny; none of them are involved in Monaco in any way and none of them are looking too dutiful.
i have a feeling Pierre did a couple of official Monaco representations in the last months? He seems to have a knack for it, not that that changes anything succession-wise
I agree that judging from what we see from the Monaco princely family, i don't think anyone there is doubting that P.Albert will have legitimate offspring in the future
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

You're wrong Aristocat. Andrea has been working in the Paris and London Monaco embassies for the last 2 years. Charlotte gives interviews to magazines (outside of France it seems they are all thru Conde Nast eg.Vogue, Vanity Fair) and mingles with the art, fashion, acting and horse worlds. She helped Edwina Alexander get a contract with Gucci and the next thing I read Edwina is using Monaco as her permanent residence. Monaco has been very successful in attracting athletes and entertainers to live in and visit Monaco. Pierre is also starting to be seen a lot more. He has gone on several trips with PA in the last year or two. The Casis are more involved that you think, but they are subtle about it. Just because its not reported in the press, it doesn't mean they aren't doing anything.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Serene Highness

I dont' know if this is the right thread: I just wanted to ask if Caroline's children and Stephanie's ones are titled (princes/princesses) or not... Because I can't understand... Nobody calls them "Prince Andrea" or " Princess Pauline". And if they aren't how can they be heirs? I remember Albert and his sisters have been "Prince and "Princess" since their childhood though...
Thanks
Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I dont' know if this is the right thread: I just wanted to ask if Caroline's children and Stephanie's ones are titled (princes/princesses) or not... Because I can't understand... Nobody calls them "Prince Andrea" or " Princess Pauline". And if they aren't how can they be heirs? I remember Albert and his sisters have been "Prince and "Princess" since their childhood though...
Thanks
Princess Alexandra of Hanover is the only child of Caroline's with a title/style,her other 3 children and all of Stephanie's kids are not titled .Caroline & Stephanie are Princesses as they were born the daughter of a Sovereign Prince (Rainier III) and are now the sisters of one (Albert II).
Old 12-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Princess Alexandra of Hanover is the only child of Caroline's with a title/style,her other 3 children and all of Stephanie's kids are not titled .Caroline & Stephanie are Princesses as they were born the daughter of a Sovereign Prince (Rainier III) and are now the sisters of one (Albert II).
Thanks. But how can the children be heirs if theypre no titled? And why aren't they? was it their parents's decision?