The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Hang on a minute - he is getting older so yes there could be.

Goodness, as if the woman isn't under enough pressure, comments like this put all the onus on her.
I am aware of that, and my comment wasn't meant to be critical of Charlene. I feel tremendous sympathy for her, because if the couple ultimately don't have any children (for whatever reason) she is going to take the blame.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

You may no have meant to be critical but you have said on this forum exactly what you think will happen to Charlene - that he's ok therefore it must be her.

But let's be clear - we have no idea of what is happening - no one ever understands any other persons relationships. They may be entirely happy to wait while Charlene feels more confident or he resolves his issues - whatever!

I think we should be more positive.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Guys lets be honest, Albert has 2 children and men can have children up into their 70's; so of they don't have children it is more than likely due to Charlene. With that being said if they don't have children I don't think it would be a big problem. Andrea has been Albert's heir apparent for decades and now he has a son, it's not like the family will go extinct, it's not like win the situation in Japan.
With that being said there is no reason to believe that there is anything amiss with children. They may just be waiting.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not thing that if the couple does not have kids, it will be blame for anyone. We are in a modern country, and Monaco is not Japan.
After Albert, there is already 2 adult & one baby male heirs and 2 females.
In Belgium, then Kings Beaudouin and Fabiola, did not had kids. There was no blame for anyone, they were adored by their people, and the throne just passed to his brother.
By the way, does Pcs Alexandra have rights to the Monaco throne?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think Princess Alexandra of Hanover is indeed in the Monaco Line of Succession.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not thing that if the couple does not have kids, it will be blame for anyone. We are in a modern country, and Monaco is not Japan.
In Belgium, then Kings Beaudouin and Fabiola, did not had kids. There was no blame for anyone, they were adored by their people, and the throne just passed to his brother.
Excellent point. I think that both Albert and Charlene went into this marriage with their eyes open. To them there are no surprises. If they do have children they will have them when they want them. If they don't then I am guessing we would be the only ones surprised.
Quote:
Yes, as although she is the half sister of the C3, she is still her mother's daughter just like they are and her mother is the heiress presumptive.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yes, I think Princess Alexandra of Hanover is indeed in the Monaco Line of Succession.
Line of succession to the Monegasque throne

(1) HRH The Princess of Hanover (Princess Caroline; b. 1957)
(2) Andrea Casiraghi (b. 1984)
(3) Pierre Casiraghi (b. 1987)
(4) Charlotte Casiraghi (b. 1986)
(5) HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover (b. 1999)
(6) HSH Princess Stéphanie (b. 1965)
(7) Louis Ducruet (b. 1992)
(8) Pauline Ducruet (b. 1994)

Sacha Casiraghi (b. 2013) will be 3rd following his parents marriage
Old 08-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

And Charlotte's baby will be 6th if his/her parents get married.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, but it is no secret that the Belgian couple really tried to have children, but unfortunately it didn't happen for them...
I hope P.Albert and P.Charlene will not have to suffer the same fate...
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There are more untitled members of the Princely Family inline to the Monegasque throne and 3 Princesses!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will Sacha be legitimized as potential heir to the throne after the civil or the religious wedding?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Courtier

Yes; that is how the succession laws work and now Caroline's grandson will reign unless Charlene decides to get pregnant and give birth.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

And after which wedding? The civil wedding or the religious wedding?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

After the civil wedding, this is the legal wedding. The religious is just a ceremony.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the Catholic Church, it's just the opposite. For it's members, the solemnization of one's vows is what binds you in marriage, the civil ceremony alone does not count at all.

If Tatiana and Andrea marry only civilly, their child will remain illegitimate according to Roman Catholic canon law.

But a civil ceremony will be enough to get Sacha into the Succession.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Yes; that is how the succession laws work and now Caroline's grandson will reign unless Charlene decides to get pregnant and give birth.
Until she decides to get pregnant? What a snarky comment. Pregnancy isn't always something you can just decide to make happen, for some women it's literally a battle and I think your comment is extremely inconsiderate

Old 08-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

There is no worst thing than the pressure on a couple to have kids! and of course this pressure goes more to the woman. CPcs Letizia had the same pressure to have kids, people were whispering about her being sterile, etc etc, and finally they had 2 lovely daughters!
When Charlene and Albert are ready and if the Nature/God decides, kids will arrive!
And if not, no big deal, Albert's sisters took good care to give to Monaco a lot of heirs!
In our era, people do not marry ONLY to have kids.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I read somewhere (although I'm not sure about it) that Alexandra have rights to the throne if she is raised according to the catholic religion because she is in line to the british thone as well. I had doubts because if she was anglican she would have been "cut out" (Don't forget she is the prince of hanover's daughter)... But then I saw her at her uncle's wedding taking (not sure it is the right tem) the holy communion so she is catholic and in line to th throne!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra has been raised protdstant. If she changed after to catholic, i do not know.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!